Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Astro7x posted:

How is this game 2 months away, and they haven't shown anything from it aside from some still images?

Anyway, IGN posted more details on how the gameplay works today

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/wwe-2k15-first-hands-on-ign-first?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Seems more simulation than being able to start the match with a running clothesline which we all probably are use to doing.

Man this sounds great, I'm super up for a more sim type WWE game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Bazza's gonna be pissed having to change VGCW over to a new game yet again.

I'm sure Tingle will look better in Super Sim HD

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They kind of look like cardboard cut outs.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Astro7x posted:

How is this game 2 months away, and they haven't shown anything from it aside from some still images?

Because the publisher doesn't have confidence in their product. That is, nine times out of ten, why a game is barely shown off this close to release. When pre-order incentives are announced before even the first screen shots were put out, that is a huge, flashing warning sign that the publisher thinks actually showing the game in motion is not the best way to sell the product.

Also, one of the earlier games had the opening tie-up stuff, too, and it royally sucked. Same with the stamina systm, obviously; even in WWE2k14 they had the stamina system, but it was left off by default because they knew it was so hated every other year.

Again, I'm not saying there is no chance of the game being good, but adjust your expectations, people, because so far all signs point to a bad game.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Davros1 posted:

They kind of look like cardboard cut outs.
I wouldn't be surprised if some level of anti-aliasing hadn't been implemented in whatever demo build they used

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I think they're probably just going to show all the hype stuff off at the summerslam event thing. Marks love to whine and bring people down though.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Next gen collar and elbow engine

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Oh HELL yes. :stonk:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Why are you posting pictures from an actual Raw and where is Stardust.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

lovely leaky pic - may/may not be from PS3/360 gen?

That crowd!

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 13, 2014

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Why does John Cena look so angry in every screenshot?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I love Roberts' "anytime now, John" facial expression.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

First THQ now 2K is snowjobbing us. Wrestling games are cursed.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
This sounds like more of the same crap they tried on every other Smackdown vs Raw game released in the mid to late 2000s. They try to reinvent the wheel every other year and introduce minigames and quicktime events for everything. Between this news and the fact that we are 2 months out from release date with no actual action footage shown, I'm thinking it will be a big transition year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
I SUBMIT TO DIVA'S

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwvVRqMIrWs

It's a better looking 2K14.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

1. Yeah, gameplay looks like 2k13 again.
2. BUT THOSE loving LOAD TIMES HOLY poo poo
THEY STARTED THE MATCH IN LIKE, 30 loving SECONDS

e:
3. And it's got that HUD that uhhh means something so maybe the long game's changed?

Sockser fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 13, 2014

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Just what I wanted in a wrestling game, to play an elaborate game of Rock, Paper, Scissors!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Just what I wanted in a wrestling game, to play an elaborate game of Rock, Paper, Scissors!

It truly is the game of human chess.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daniel Bryan posted:

Gameplay video:

same pig, new lipstick

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I don't know what I expected, but seeing all the recycled animations makes me a lot less excited about the game

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Daniel Bryan posted:

Gameplay video:

So they said you'll be starting off with this chain wrestling and literally the first thing the guy does is a running grapple powerslam. When they do get to the chain grappling it's really just the same QTE bollocks they tried in an earlier game.

I appreciate having a HUD and obviously it does look nicer, but wow is this basically the same old game.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

same

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

triplexpac posted:

I don't know what I expected, but seeing all the recycled animations makes me a lot less excited about the game

Same, but I never had a problem with the animations. It's more like I know the fact they haven't updated them and it looks like a better version of the THQ games means my hopes and dreams of an entrance creator that doesn't ultimately suck just got dashed.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Daniel Bryan posted:

Gameplay video:

First thing I noticed was how when Orton threw Cesaro out of the ring, there's two identical ladies wearing the same sweatshirt in the front row.

So much for that feature.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
WWE SuperCard!

Releases tonight on iOS.

quote:

Massive WWE Roster - Collect your favorite WWE Superstars, Divas, Legends and Managers to build your roster and compete online against other players in multiple game modes! With more than 400 collectible cards, the action never stops!
· Fast-Paced Player vs. Player Action - Take your five-man team online against other players to test your skills. Win your matches and earn new cards to add to your roster!
· Customize Your Team - Discover cards of different rarities to assemble the ultimate WWE team. Train or combine your cards to upgrade their levels and unlock their full potential.
· King Of The Ring - Put your deck to the ultimate test by playing in the King Of The Ring tournament. Manage your deck wisely in this 16 person multi-day tournament because the higher you rank, the bigger the reward!
· Expanding Universe - The WWE SuperCard Universe will regularly expand with roster updates, so you’ll always find yourself discovering new cards!

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 13, 2014

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Daniel Bryan posted:

I'm not surprised. As long as they have to devote resources to the legacy systems and deal with an engine that's had a decade of lovely code layered on top of it, we aren't going to see real improvement outside of the look.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

.I think that whole "lockup" thing is only going to happen when two players attempt to grapple one another at the same time. Kind of like a more advance version of the one that we have on 2k14. Which if it is, I'm glad. Having to do that thing at the beginning of every match would get really tiresome, really quickly. What if I just want to do a squash?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

WWE SuperCard!

Releases tonight on iOS.
Cool, all my favorite wrestlers like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Daniel Bryan, CUSTOMIZE YOUR TEAM, and John Cena.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Endorph posted:

Cool, all my favorite wrestlers like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Daniel Bryan, CUSTOMIZE YOUR TEAM, and John Cena.

well i have no idea who that guy is. third uso brother maybe?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Timby posted:

I'm not surprised. As long as they have to devote resources to the legacy systems and deal with an engine that's had a decade of lovely code layered on top of it, we aren't going to see real improvement outside of the look.
I imagine we are still in the transitional period and hopefully 2K is getting a new engine made, I thought with all the mocap poo poo they were doing that it would mean new animations :smith:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The animations in 2K14 are loving terrible, but looking back on what is otherwise the best Smackdown game since Here Comes the Pain in 2003 and going "lipstick on a pig" is selling it a little short. I'll probably skip it because I don't want to shell out the bucks for a nextgen system, on which I'd be doing nothing but playing this game. It's nice that they finally got the model detail to the point that the UFC games were at in 2009, though. The long drought from about 2007-2012 where we got one step forward, two steps back every year seems to be over.

While I am keeping my prayer vigil to some day get a PC release, does anyone have video that includes commentary? Because if that hasn't improved significantly, they can expect serious complaining in this thread!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Cesaro gets the jobber entrance even in a video game.

Eh, I can see the 2k14 comparisons but it's still pretty and as long as the game doesn't play like complete rear end I'll give it a go.

A minor improvement is still an improvement, even for something that's only been in development for, what, a year?

EDIT: Also developers need to learn to show off gameplay with people that aren't lovely players.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

2k14 was a huge step up that a lot of people missed. Having the AI hit you back and moving away from those awful repetitive reversal animations was big.

Some of the biggest problems with making a good wrestling game (pacing - any kind of "competitive" metagame is completely different from how real wrestling matches are, you just have to hop online and get owned by a 12 year old to figure that one out) actually seem like they aren't that easy to work through and while everyone always talks about A New Engine as if poof, it'll fix everything, I'm not really...sure.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Anyone know why AKI no longer makes wrestling games? I would love an updated version of their wrestling engine. Def Jam Fight For NY was awesome and I just want them to make another awesome game instead of another smackdown vs raw/wwe year game.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MrDru posted:

Anyone know why AKI no longer makes wrestling games? I would love an updated version of their wrestling engine. Def Jam Fight For NY was awesome and I just want them to make another awesome game instead of another smackdown vs raw/wwe year game.

There's no longer an AKI, that's why. Though I've wondered why no one has ever bought the engine and used it as a basis for a wrestling game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Let's all remember how shittttttty the first WWE game for 360 was. Jeez, that was horrible. I don't think we have to face those depths of hell anymore.