Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I like those guys as much as anyone but I'm not sure why anyone thinks it's a good idea for WWE to do an angry black guy stable in 2014. There is almost a 100% chance it would be absolutely terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Because there was a small chance that it wasn't going to actually be an 'angry black guy stable' and people in general would like all three of them to be pushed some

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Sadly, because it's the only way the WWE would push a black wrestler.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Atticus Finch posted:

Sadly, because it's the only way the WWE would push a black wrestler.

If Titus would just accept Slater Gator into his heart, he would learn the ways of winning.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Writer Cath posted:

If Titus would just accept Slater Gator into his heart, he would learn the ways of winning.

If he would stop trying to break them up, they could have millions of wins at this rate.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Didn't they actually have Xavier making legitimate points on Smackdown or Main Event or whatever b-show he was doing commentary on during a match

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They weren't on Smackdown last week so everyone just assumes it's over for some reason.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Deadpool posted:

I like those guys as much as anyone but I'm not sure why anyone thinks it's a good idea for WWE to do an angry black guy stable in 2014. There is almost a 100% chance it would be absolutely terrible.

Because it's better than the alternative: jobbing and nothing.

Obviously the implication is racial bias, but even if they totally ignored that and went for the rumored "angry midcarders" stable (that just so happened to be started by black guys,) it would be something different at least. Something interesting. Something.

sticklefifer posted:

They weren't on Smackdown last week so everyone just assumes it's over for some reason.

It's because Big E. did the job to Rusev again and there was zero mention of the stable. Haven't read the SmackDown spoilers for this week, but if they aren't mentioned again, it's probably a safe bet.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The "disgruntled midcard team" idea was originally floated months back, before Miz left and he came out of nowhere to steal a mic from the announce table and briefly "shoot". He was going to tag with Ziggler. Never happened.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's incredibly unlikely the Angry Black Guy Stable wouldn't have ended up kind of stupid or out-and-out offensive but even that would have been an improvement for the WWE midcard right now which at this point is basically Rusev/Swagger and Dolph/Miz and everyone else just sort of vaguely exists or does comedy spots prior to jobbing and appearing in hilarious merch sale segments.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Yep. On any given RAW, between 8:30-10:30, save for some top of the hours segments, you're bound to repeat some squashes, some bad comedy, and some filler.

Say what you will about the Attitude Era, but I maintain that at least most of the roster had a significant place and something going on. Something interesting you could remember. Even if it was totally ridiculous, offensive, or downright bad.

Always remember some random In Your House that had the Oddities vs. the Headbangers, and the Oddities come out and the entire crowd is waving their arms back and forth like they used to do. A sea of arms, the way people do YES! these days. When was the last time, besides the YES! chant, that you saw something like that, much less for someone who wasn't a main eventer? Remember when Mark Henry turned face out of nowhere against, I think Randy Orton, and he lifted his arms up before throwing them down, mimicking a slam? Remember how a bunch of people in the crowd started doing it along with him? Remember how that push didn't amount to anything?

Anyway, I digress. Twitter thread, so Young's looking decent:

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

OmegaBR posted:

Remember when Mark Henry turned face out of nowhere against, I think Randy Orton, and he lifted his arms up before throwing them down, mimicking a slam? Remember how a bunch of people in the crowd started doing it along with him? Remember how that push didn't amount to anything?

I remember the first time I saw him do that practically everyone in the crowd on from the camera view they were showing was doing the arm raise thing. That combined with his big rear end smile had the entire crowd in the palm of his hand.

I am glad they ran with the Hall...OF PAIN deal though because I still love that. That and the Mark Henry face shirt rocked.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/499639347260690432

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
https://twitter.com/WWEMarkCalaway

e: It's quite fake, whoops

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 14, 2014

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:psyduck:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

But the photoshop was SOOOO convincing!

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Jerusalem posted:

But the photoshop was SOOOO convincing!

Love the hack job on his fingers. The Deadman has a wacky manicure.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I dunno guys some of the other pictures he's posted seem legit.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

WWE giving the hard sell to the psp.tv crowd I see

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

hey can anyone explain why scott hall thinks it's a good idea to post pics on twitter of girls of questionable age that he's skype sexing, he seems to do it every so often & deletes it a minute later

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
When your brain is as drink and drug-addled as his, you'd probably think that was totally fine, too.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

masato tatanka posted:

hey can anyone explain why scott hall thinks it's a good idea to post pics on twitter of girls of questionable age that he's skype sexing, he seems to do it every so often & deletes it a minute later

It's as if he got help, got surgery paid for from fans who saw him achieve some progress and then decided to undo all of that as quickly as possible.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Is that dril

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

that's razor ramon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Where do you have to be in your life to have skype sex with scott hall

i mean at least go for kevin nash

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

Kevin Nash would almost be rugged attractive if he didn't skip leg day.

Really the Wolfpack in general aside from Hall is pretty cool now. Nash is cool and Sean Waltman stopped being as much of a fuckup.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 14, 2014

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Endorph posted:

But Nash is too sweet.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Endorph posted:

She's probably a cam girl who's getting paid to do it and has no idea who or what a "Razor Raymond" even is.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

skype is just the start. next he will be ordering phenazepam from russia and he'll get arrested after walking barefoot to the closest strip club

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Kevin Nash would almost be rugged attractive if he didn't skip leg day.

I don't think he's physically able to not skip leg day.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Endorph posted:

His Skype profile pic is him as Razor Ramon so it might be one of those "welp, we're connected now, let's get this over with" kind of situation

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Poor Taz.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

he said on broadcast tv

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DM Punk posted:

Poor Taz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFG1NqKzCg

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

masato tatanka posted:

More than likely he's fat-fingering some button that takes a screenshot and shares it with Twitter because of some weird app he installed that gives them permission to do so - probably from whatever camgirl site he's using - and then deletes it when he realizes what happened.

That fits the sequence of events, anyway.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

I guess theres still hope?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Don't play with my heart. Next you'll post a tweet from Stardust saying the Cosmic Key promos are going to pay off.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

sticklefifer posted:

More than likely he's fat-fingering some button that takes a screenshot and shares it with Twitter because of some weird app he installed that gives them permission to do so - probably from whatever camgirl site he's using - and then deletes it when he realizes what happened.

That fits the sequence of events, anyway.

The way iOS works, he would have to screenshot that and consciously post it to Twitter with the message included. It's on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Good to see Hall doing his best to make everyone who donated for his surgery to turn his life around not feel like a moron