Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

:rip: to my copy of Pokémon Silver, eaten by a dog before the internal battery even had a chance to die.

:rip: to my copy of Zack and Wiki, loaned to a friend years ago who has moved away.

:rip: to my copy of Pokemon Blue, stolen by a black kid at the park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

:rip: my Dragon Warrior I & II gameboy cartridge 'borrowed' by a friend

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

:rip: to my original first run psx copy of symphony of the night. Girlfriend at the time used it as a coaster because she thought "the black bottom meant it was already ruined"

americong
May 29, 2013

:rip: to my first and last Link's Awakening DX savegame, deleted by my little brother long ago

:rip: to my SSBM disc, scratched beyond repair, victim of youth

:rip: to my Pokemon Crystal cartridge, crushed in the vicious jaws of the family dog

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
:rip: to the Sega Genesis that MY GODDAMNED PARENTS NEVER BOUGHT ME FOR CHRISTMAS gently caress YOU MOM AND DAD I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HAT

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Benny D posted:

:rip: to my original first run psx copy of symphony of the night. Girlfriend at the time used it as a coaster because she thought "the black bottom meant it was already ruined"

shoulda just put it in the CD player for her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBF2IZHjrAs

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
:rip: my ds phoenix wright games, loaned to a friend who loaned them to his girlfriend who never gave them back after they broke up

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

:rip: to my copy of Constructor, victim of time and use

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
:rip: tales of the abyss 3ds. i don't know where it went.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

CD1 of Total Annihilation snapped in half, which prevented me from playing any skirmish games and I could only play the campaign.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

shoulda just put it in the CD player for her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBF2IZHjrAs

What the gently caress how did I never know about this

Dec 26, 2012

:rip: my copy of pokemon silver which had a faulty battery or something because it kept resetting my save

americong
May 29, 2013

01011001 posted:

:rip: my copy of pokemon silver which had a faulty battery or something because it kept resetting my save

it can be risen from the dead

Dec 26, 2012

this was like shortly after it came out, idk if i still even have it after like 15 years

americong
May 29, 2013

01011001 posted:

this was like shortly after it came out, idk if i still even have it after like 15 years

in that case just find a soulsilver pack

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
:rip: to those other seven Oddworld games that never got made

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

My final fantasy 8 disc 3 that my uncle hosed up so I could never finish it

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

:rip: to my first copy of dark cloud: stolen by a midget

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

No Such Thing posted:

:rip: to my first copy of dark cloud: stolen by a midget

please tell this story

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

My final fantasy 8 disc 3 that my uncle hosed up so I could never finish it

You missed nothing

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
:rip: to Alpha Protocol, that game was so loving broken just spec pistols and coast through lmao

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
:rip: pokemon gold + green gbc + gen 2 strategy guide/pokedex

stolen from me before ur time

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
:rip: Bloodline Champions, they added a bunch of extraneous poo poo like talent points and trinkets before they put it on Steam, so even though they finally had a massive player base they ruined the gameplay

:rip: my game boy pocket in 4th grade, I let a friend borrow it and the teacher took it when he played it in class and I changed schools when we moved that winter before I got it back

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Coolguye posted:

You missed nothing

I was young enough that it'd felt like I'd spent most of my life playing that game when that dude broke the one disc. I was pretty heart broken even if nothing much happens till the end after disc 2.

Disc 2 was actually really borked too so I ended up doing that one FMV fight thing when you're hanging from the flying armour at maybe 1FPS, closer to .5FPS the entire time cause I hadn't saved in ages.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:rip: original No One Lives Forever CDs, I was eating chicken noodle soup when I was younger and I spilled it all over the CD case and cleaned up everything on it and around it but not in it and by then the already scratched CDs had layers of crap coated on it that refused to come off

:rip: chicken soup

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

:rip: original copy of mgs3. loaned it to a friend who never returned it.. neadless to say hes a dead man now.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Seshoho Cian posted:

please tell this story

Pretty simple really, met a midget on the bus, we rode the same route every day and spent quite a bit of time talking vidcons. We traded games one day, I beat mine, returned it to him and he said he forgot mine at home and would give it back tomorrow.

I never saw him again.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

No Such Thing posted:

Pretty simple really, met a midget on the bus, we rode the same route every day and spent quite a bit of time talking vidcons. We traded games one day, I beat mine, returned it to him and he said he forgot mine at home and would give it back tomorrow.

I never saw him again.

the only lesson you should take from this is that you should never trust greedy dwarves

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

LaTex Fetish posted:

the only lesson you should take from this is that you should never trust greedy dwarves

I try not to anymore, but the tales he told me of drunken dwarven conventions where there was a lot of inappropriate midget dick groping were well worth the half a sandwich I originally paid for Dark Cloud.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Upmarket Mango posted:

:rip: original copy of mgs3. loaned it to a friend who never returned it.. neadless to say hes a dead man now.

for some reason i have 3 copies.

:rip: to radiata stories. sent it overseas to cousins when i should have done both paths.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
:rip: Metal Gear Online from the subsistance version of MGS3. Nothing will replace shooting dudes around the corner as Ocelot or body slamming Snake as a Rumble Roses girl.
Mgs4 mgo was such a letdown.

:rip: All 3 copies of Metroid Prime: Hunters. All vanished without a trace.

:rip: Bowser's Inside Story, I know you're somewhere in my belongings, but im between houses and cannot unpack.

:rip: Genesis, Nes, Snes, Dreamcast, N64. Your necessary cords never made it through the past three moves.

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

01011001 posted:

Mine still works :D

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:rip: to my single player CD of total annihilation which I accidentally stepped on and crushed

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
:rip: my FF7 discs, dying a slow painful death due to wolfman continually scratching the bottoms

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I had the experience of my brother stealing a game for drug money years ago, and just last week I saw a listing of a cart that had my initials on it on ebay.

I bought my old game back and it still had my data on it. :911:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

:rip: giant box full of copied PS1 games my 10 year old self had bought all by himself from the weird lady down the street, lost when a stepbrother took them all

:rip: my friends copy of Devil May Cry 4 I had to buy again cause someone stole it to sell for crack

:rip: most of the games the next door neighbor loaned us lost when a bunch of psycho kids seiged my house and broke in through the window to steal my stuff

:rip: 400 hour morrowind save, lost cause someone sold my xbox for crack.

Crack is basically the root of all of my lost game problems

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
:rip: disc 2 of FFVIII that my friend lost before he tricked me into taking it off his hands

I didn't even pay him for it but I still felt cheated when I finally checked under the instruction booklet. He totally knew.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

:rip: my C&C Tiberian Dawn disc and manual, they simply disappeared one day
:rip: my C&C The First Decade discs, at least the box, manuals and serials are safe
:rip: All my GameBoy carts, gone missing across the decades

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:rip: my Lufia II saved games after the battery went dead awhile back

:rip: the second disc of my old Torment game; I'm glad that one is at least available on GOG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

:rip: my copy of the last of us (ps3). lent it to a friend who decided that since he enjoyed the game more than me he was entitled to keep it

:rip: my copy of kotor2. i still have the box and manual but my discs just disappeared one day. its on steam for cheap though

:rip: my copy of ff7. lent it to a neighbor who lost it

• Locked thread