Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Snacksmaniac posted:

Anyone have insight into this?

Also, Heath Slater officially maxed out.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Anyone have insight into this?

Also, Heath Slater officially maxed out.

I don't know for sure about the Boost triggers but after playing for a while I assume it just rolls a dice every time you play that card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
The problem with classic characters like Warrior and Andre is they can't do that body scan thing, so I wonder if a lot of the famous names people loved being in the last few games have been cut like Flair.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Aren't they also putting the NXT roster in?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

my supercard roster is 4 Brock Lesnars and Eva Marie

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

The problem with classic characters like Warrior and Andre is they can't do that body scan thing, so I wonder if a lot of the famous names people loved being in the last few games have been cut like Flair.

Well they are putting in a young Sting and young Hogan. They scanned Hogan apparently and they could have scanned Warrior before he died.

Anyway I uploaded my Fire Pro Wrestling Returns game with a few new edits and roster shifts. Mostly Punk out of WWE and Del Rio and Ricardo to AAA and the 3 big NXT additions.

https://mega.co.nz/#!2RRHTDhI!KSNZcnmavVDxiVMbV-MOBQdaZW5xaI-7afM-OiML42k

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So what is the difference between Train and Combine?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

BigRed0427 posted:

As far as I can tell the best thing you can do is train someone to max THEN combine.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

BigRed0427 posted:

Train just wastes cards to level another one up, Combine combines to of the same cards and makes them better.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Train just wastes cards to level another one up, Combine combines to of the same cards and makes them better.

I've been feeding other common cards to my only Diva. Works pretty well.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Anyone else not able to start a KotR? It has been waiting for players for almost an hour now.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Liar Lyre posted:

Anyone else not able to start a KotR? It has been waiting for players for almost an hour now.

Mine sat for a while this morning but eventually went through.

It's a weird mode anyway... I got locked into one before I filled my roster with blue cards, I wish I could go back and redo it.

Spend some time building up your team and getting all the grey ones out of your rotation as you're waiting.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I can now confirm that combining high level cards makes stronger pro cards. I got around 15 extra points on all stats on a common AJ for combing 2 level 10s.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
If you like this Supercard game, I'd say grind out as much as you can now. I could see them radically changing the game sooner rather than later..

They don't have an energy system like other F2P games, which is surprising. I bet they lock it down where you get 5-10 matches every hour then have to wait for a timer to refill.

Sure there is energy in KOTR mode but they give you so much free energy cards that it doesn't matter.

Also paying to draw extra cards is a moot point when you can just play infinite free matches to get more and more cards. You can pay something stupid like $25 for a legendary card draw, which might appeal to some whales but I dunno if it's enough to keep people hooked.

So yeah, I definitely think this game is going to get radically overhauled to drain money from people. Right now it's just too fun and there is no incentive to buy anything.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Uh so what makes a care "in use" and how to do you get out out of use? I've got a bunch marked as such but they're not in my deck AFAIK.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Require More Fire posted:

Uh so what makes a care "in use" and how to do you get out out of use? I've got a bunch marked as such but they're not in my deck AFAIK.

Are they tied up in KOTR?

I have a bunch that are stuck in that... and apparently KOTR goes for like 45 matches if the schedule is to believed, so it'll be a while.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

triplexpac posted:

Are they tied up in KOTR?

I have a bunch that are stuck in that... and apparently KOTR goes for like 45 matches if the schedule is to believed, so it'll be a while.

Nope, don't have anything going in KOTR right now.

Also I just watched an Uso beat Undertaker. This is an outrage.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Good News: I got a Rare Diva :woop:

Bad News: It's Eva Marie :gonk:

It looks like there is no way to back out of a KOTR once you enter too.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

BigRed0427 posted:

It looks like there is no way to back out of a KOTR once you enter too.

On the plus side I think a lot of people got locked in before they really knew what they were doing. So I'm sitting in 2nd place even though my roster sucked

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

BigRed0427 posted:

I'd kill for a rare Eva Marie, so far I have noticed the most important card to have is probably your diva. I have an uncommon AJ and she just gets hosed and hosed by anything of a higher rarity if its been leveled up at all.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
RE: WWE2k15 roster talk: they're almost certainly putting NXT in, at least to some extent. Leaked concept screenshots showed Sami Zayn and last year's game had movesets for Paige, Charlotte, Tyler Breeze and Adrian Neville added in as part of a DLC move expansion. Of course the core game already had an NXT arena skin and the title belts, too, so it makes sense that this game would at least have some kind of expansion upon that, even if they don't include absolutely everybody.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

pressedbunny posted:

RE: WWE2k15 roster talk: they're almost certainly putting NXT in, at least to some extent. Leaked concept screenshots showed Sami Zayn

Are you sure you're not thinking of those fan-made concepts?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
That's good to hear. I always like it when video games add characters that I don't care about and never intend to play unironically.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Evil Canadian posted:

I'd kill for a rare Eva Marie, so far I have noticed the most important card to have is probably your diva. I have an uncommon AJ and she just gets hosed and hosed by anything of a higher rarity if its been leveled up at all.

I've got an almost fully trained up, Pro'd AJ, and she's about as good (especially on Speed/Charisma) as a regular Uncommon diva of any kind. Still get stomped by Rare/SR Divas, though.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

triplexpac posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of those fan-made concepts?
One was casually corroborated by an ex-Destructoid guy who's in tight with 2K, so while it's not the same as a signed NDA from the desk of the CEO of 2K, it's more than just a random fan mock-up on tumblr.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

thatguyclint posted:

I've got an almost fully trained up, Pro'd AJ, and she's about as good (especially on Speed/Charisma) as a regular Uncommon diva of any kind. Still get stomped by Rare/SR Divas, though.

Ive noticed the gap between uncommon->rare seems to be the biggest. Leveled up commons can beat uncommons and leveled up rares can beat super rares, but my crappy uncommon aj auto loses to rare/super rares basically for free.

*ed*

just to say though, this game does not seem to be p2w in any form. I have naturally already gotten 4 super rares(technically 5, as I now have a PRO eric rowan :unsmith:)

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 14, 2014

MOLLUSC
Nov 30, 2005

Downloaded this card game and I got a rare Santino as my starter :saddowns:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Evil Canadian posted:

I dunno, I've got a pro uncommon Nattie and she regularly get stomped by uncommon AJs.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I wouldn't bother powering up anyone who isn't Rare/Blue. You get so many free Blues that it's not really worth the time, IMO

At least in the short game this is true. Not sure how things will shake out if you dedicate yourself to powering up lower level cards. But right now my blue team pretty much squashes everyone.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

just to say though, this game does not seem to be p2w in any form. I have naturally already gotten 4 super rares(technically 5, as I now have a PRO eric rowan :unsmith:)

Which makes me think that 2K might have screwed up when they made this. There really is no pay wall, unless you wan't to earn stuff faster. Not that i'm complaining, this game is fun.

It does make me wish there was a game like a Manager Sim for Pro Wrestling. Instead of simulating running a promotion, you sim being a Pro Wrestling Manager in Kayfabe.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Seems like nobody has better than a common Diva right now, my Uncommon Summer Rae has been clutch in some fights.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Seems like nobody has better than a common Diva right now, my Uncommon Summer Rae has been clutch in some fights.

I have an Uncommon diva and have run into a couple rares that killed me dead.

My main card right now is an Uncommon Yokozuna. He's a beast, everything is rated 100+

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
I now have a level 2 Pro Uncommon David Otunga. I want them to patch in the ability to trade/sell cards because gently caress David Otunga.

But yeah this game is stupid fun and I love that it's so easy to pick up, play a few matches, and then move on.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Oh, and be really careful hitting the COMBINE button... as far as I can tell they don't let you preview it, they just go right ahead and do it without confirming you really want to.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Just pulled a Rare HHH. His charisma is at 103. :lol:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Require More Fire posted:

Just pulled a Rare HHH. His charisma is at 103. :lol:

I wonder if they still have the rule that you can't show HHH in a prone position in game reviews.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Wow I actually cleared every single card on the board before getting my blue. I wonder if the game punishes you for grinding haha

It's a blue Natalia at least, so watch out Divas division

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

triplexpac posted:

Wow I actually cleared every single card on the board before getting my blue. I wonder if the game punishes you for grinding haha

It's a blue Natalia at least, so watch out Divas division

So there is one rare on the board, and the board resets when you find it?

Pulled a Super Rare Titus O'Neil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEDSrpMcm4k

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Skunkrocker posted:

EA UFC did a lot of recreating fighters by hand where they weren't able to do any body scanning, and they fit in pretty well. I'm guessing that 2K has a bigger art budget and more talented in-house artists than nigh-death THQ could handle, so they could probably pull it off.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

BigRed0427 posted:

So there is one rare on the board, and the board resets when you find it?

Pulled a Super Rare Titus O'Neil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEDSrpMcm4k

Yep exactly. Usually you end up finding it in the last 1/2 of the board, although once I found it in my first like 5 pulls.

I have been playing this game a lot today, I'm like 115-30 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got the Super Rare tier, I haven't seen another non-common Diva besides the one uncommon I got. I don't know if its because Divas were made to be rarer, or that there are just more Superstars than Divas, or both.