Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
There might be hope, my cousin just told me that he won't actually be 100% until 9am. :suicide: I'll post again.

The seats are for section 106, not general admission, I'm too old to be getting kicked around in the mosh pit all night, though I might try to go down there for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Today is the 20th anniversary of NIN's Woodstock '94 performance, which can be watched in full here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfV7NLCWiiU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

EightBit posted:

There might be hope, my cousin just told me that he won't actually be 100% until 9am. :suicide: I'll post again.

The seats are for section 106, not general admission, I'm too old to be getting kicked around in the mosh pit all night, though I might try to go down there for a bit.

I actually misunderstood you and thought you were giving a ticket away since I'm kinda strapped for cash at the moment (leave Austin on Friday). Still if you want let me know if not don't worry about it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Today is the 20th anniversary of NIN's Woodstock '94 performance, which can be watched in full here:

Last performance of Happiness in Slavery I believe.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

EightBit posted:

People like this I just assume that the answer is a no. I wouldn't waste money on someone who thinks you're not worth setting time aside for. Who is this unstable that they can't give a definitive answer? It's like 12 hours from now.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
The Charlotte show (8/7) was great. I bought my tickets back in March but the venue hosed up and a lot of people's seats got moved around. I actually went from being way over to the right to a little closer up and dead in the center. So I was like yay. Everyone else (naturally) sprained their vaginae about it until the venue comped free premier parking and access to vip lounge. The show was the day before my birthday so it was pretty much awesome.

Then I felt old cause I has seen Soundgarden on the same stage 22 years ago.

The crowd was cool (I have no idea who goes to these things anymore) and other than a random pair of overly intoxicated hussies or dude-bros, everyone was chill and around my age. A lot of them brought their kids out (something I considered but didn't do but kind of wished I did). It was a very pleasant evening.

It was just nice and poo poo - the next night I went to the Carolina Panther's preseason football game (1st time ever going) and people were drunk as poo poo walking INTO the stadium, it looked like extras shambling in the background of a Walking Dead episode. I heard one old man screaming that someone could suck his dick (around children). I overheard another man saying, and I quote, I AM GOING TO JERK MY rear end OFF WHEN I GET HOME! This was after I had passed a fat guy hanging out of an opening/window thing howling like a creepy jungle mammal. More old white men in polo shirts that smelt like beer sweat and farts. It was so grody.

I dunno it just strikes me how difference the audiences were. It didn't surprise me but I think most would have figured it was the other way around.

I continue to hate football.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

LordPants posted:

Last performance of Happiness in Slavery I believe.

Halfway point on its lifespan, actually. They played it on all of the '95 Self Destruct dates.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Is there a reason for them not playing Happiness In Slavery anymore? I mean that song owns, easily my favorite off Broken.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Trent is old now

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

But if him not playing HIS is an indication of him being old then he's been old for 20 years

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

But if him not playing HIS is an indication of him being old then he's been old for 20 years

well yes.. once you get old it doesn't go away, you stay old for the rest of your life.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Millie posted:

The Charlotte show (8/7) was great. I bought my tickets back in March but the venue hosed up and a lot of people's seats got moved around. I actually went from being way over to the right to a little closer up and dead in the center. So I was like yay. Everyone else (naturally) sprained their vaginae about it until the venue comped free premier parking and access to vip lounge. The show was the day before my birthday so it was pretty much awesome.
poo poo, it probably won't but I hope this happens for me too on Saturday. Maybe I'll move up from the lawn to a seat :v:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

I miss this version of Closer. I like The Only Time breakdown they've been using, but they shorten up the ending of the song, which is the best part.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

echronorian posted:

Trent is old now

old and swoled.

much better than the skinny dude with pantyhose on his arms IMO

poo poo, it probably won't but I hope this happens for me too on Saturday. Maybe I'll move up from the lawn to a seat :v:

do they offer upgrades at the gate? I thought I heard someone mention that the other day.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NuclearPotato posted:

Halfway point on its lifespan, actually. They played it on all of the '95 Self Destruct dates.

Huh I dont know where I got that idea then. :shrug:

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Maybe it shreds his voice too much to sing?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
His emphasis changed by the time of The Fragile because ya, it destroys your vocal chords And some of those songs are just not doable night after night even when the guy was 26.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Millie posted:

do they offer upgrades at the gate? I thought I heard someone mention that the other day.
Eh, if they're paid upgrades, I don't have the money for that. But I checked the weather for the show and it's supposed to be raining that day, so I'm gonna be on the lawn in the rain :(

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Happiness in Slavery could easily be played in the same vein as Gave Up; have the screams be on tape, or performed by the other guys in the band.

I think Trent is genuinely sick of the song, or doesn't think that playing it live without destroying his instruments will do it justice.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

How expensive has the merch been for NIN? I'm not going to get Soundgarden stuff if Chris still sounds like crap as I've been told, and I'm going to the concert in Dallas on Sunday.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Mr E posted:

How expensive has the merch been for NIN? I'm not going to get Soundgarden stuff if Chris still sounds like crap as I've been told, and I'm going to the concert in Dallas on Sunday.

I didn't price it but someone did leave a Soundgarden shirt behind in the concession area. No one claimed it (I did wait) and it was a girl shirt in my size so this bitch got a badmotorfivefinger discount.

I thought Soundgarden sounded great.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
People didn't seem into Soundgarden. Everyone was just chilling and sitting down, but when nin came on everyone was on their feet. It was so strange watching Soundgarden.

brozozo
Apr 27, 2007

Conclusion: Dinosaurs.
nin+sg in Austin was pretty good! It's been five years since I last saw nin, and it was a really great experience.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Eh, if they're paid upgrades, I don't have the money for that. But I checked the weather for the show and it's supposed to be raining that day, so I'm gonna be on the lawn in the rain :(

At least it'll be cooler-- :lol: not in Houston it won't!

I'd be there too if I could've convinced any one of my friends/spouse to go. They've all given up on life. :(

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
I think Soundgarden was something that people were sitting through to get to Nine Inch Nails. The audience was far more into it when they came on stage.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I wanted to go see what other people were thinking of the tour so I went to ETS and holy poo poo that was a bad idea. Everyone is complaining about this current tour as well as the Tension tour and the setlist not having a million rare songs. I had forgotten how poo poo ets was and should have known better.

NIN was pretty much on fire at Austin (thanks eightbit!) and threw down a really good set. I haven't seen them since 08 but it was still great to hear all the live staples again. Also hesitation marks is my poo poo so I loved those songs a bunch (ilan Rubin on bass during disappointed was really good). Just a really fun show all in all.

Soundgarden though I mean I guess they were ok but they really felt like an opener instead of a headlining act. I mean I guess!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm at the Houston show now, waiting for it to start. Got a spot at the very front of the lawn so I have a pretty decent view of the stage. Though I just realized like an hour or two ago that Dillinger is only playing a 25 minute set :( That's kinda bullshit.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I'm at the Houston show now, waiting for it to start. Got a spot at the very front of the lawn so I have a pretty decent view of the stage. Though I just realized like an hour or two ago that Dillinger is only playing a 25 minute set :( That's kinda bullshit.

Well they're the just the opener. That's pretty typical.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Welp, that owned (as expected). We got surprise The Day The World Went Away at the beginning of the encore. And Great Destroyer looked and sounded dope as hell. It has Obama and George Bush face-glitching action in the visuals now! Also got Reptile, like half of Hesitation Marks and several others.

Dillinger was alright but they played while the sun was still up at an outdoor venue and only for 25 minutes, so I feel like I saw them for the first time in the wrong environment. Soundgarden was okay but I didn't care too much about them, honestly. Chris Cornell's voice has held up real well, though, and I was glad I got to see Rusty Cage.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Soundgarden set for Atlanta really felt like "let's just play all of our singles and a b side or two". Was pretty surprised by the lack of King Animal stuff, but not disappointed. This has been a fun tour so far in terms of the sets that have been coming out.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Saw last night's concert in Dallas. Cold Cave was good, Soundgarden was great (suprised Cornell's voice has held up), and NIN was amazing. After not being able to see NIN for years, it was worth the wait! Reminded me of And All That Could Have Been with some newer tracks and mixes.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
Yeah, Dallas show was good, even if that humidity and the crowd made everything just ridiculously hot. Only even remote disappointment in NIN was that I had been hoping we might get Burn, or get at least something from The Fragile. That said, I really can't complain about the setlist we got.

Soundgarden was great fun too, but was also so completely not the reason I was there.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

thefncrow posted:

Yeah, Dallas show was good, even if that humidity and the crowd made everything just ridiculously hot. Only even remote disappointment in NIN was that I had been hoping we might get Burn, or get at least something from The Fragile. That said, I really can't complain about the setlist we got.

Soundgarden was great fun too, but was also so completely not the reason I was there.

I hate getting around in Dallas in general, and the humidity didn't help any. I wish we had gotten Reptile, but I can't complain about the setlist either.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if we're gonna start complaining about setlists, i'm gonna hoot and holler until Kinda I Want To is played live again

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

John Cena posted:

if we're gonna start complaining about setlists, i'm gonna hoot and holler until Kinda I Want To is played live again

I'm sure that he's played tracks in recent live shows anyway, but I was just happy to get anything from Pretty Hate Machine.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr E posted:

I'm sure that he's played tracks in recent live shows anyway, but I was just happy to get anything from Pretty Hate Machine.

I think he still plays a bunch of the singles types, HLAH/Terrible Lie/Sin, Sanctified is back on the rotation on occasion Down In It and Something I Can Never Have get play for "special" shows, but he's kind of disowned everything else from that album.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

John Cena posted:

I think he still plays a bunch of the singles types, HLAH/Terrible Lie/Sin, Sanctified is back on the rotation on occasion Down In It and Something I Can Never Have get play for "special" shows, but he's kind of disowned everything else from that album.

It's been a loooooong time since Down In It was played. He used to play it every show too. Must've gotten real sick of it.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
I was let down they played NOTHING off the Fragile for the Toronto set myself. I mean they played something off of every album, except that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Cleaner posted:

I was let down they played NOTHING off the Fragile for the Toronto set myself. I mean they played something off of every album, except that.
Not even The Frail/The Wretched? I thought they'd been playing those pretty often. And I think they've played Somewhat Damaged at a few shows too.

We didn't get those but we did get The Day The World Went Away.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
I pulled up the setlists because of this discussion and discovered the show after Dallas got basically the same setlist but with Burn instead of 1,000,000. Dammit. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just saw this again and couldn't help but laugh my rear end off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaWe_4AaH8Y

I'll probably add it to the OP.

Are they just trying to disown that song? It's been a year since Hesitation Marks came out, they've played tons of shows since then and they've played pretty much every song from Hesitation Marks live except that one. I can't imagine it's because it's hard to play because it seems like it'd be easier to do live than some of the songs they've been doing live for the past year.

It'd probably be jarring as gently caress to hear that in one of their live sets, though.