Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Thumbtacks posted:

I'm thinking I might try SotD on Alistar. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not.

anything is possible when you believe in yourself

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Lovechop posted:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1494002893/34848141

that was my last game but I never got to use it since we won before i got back into fighting people

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Super Librarian posted:

This is mesmerizing

More like:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Libertine posted:

More like:

There's Malz ult, Fiddles drain, Swain bird laser, what else?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

my pog boyfriend posted:

There's Malz ult, Fiddles drain, Swain bird laser, what else?

Karma Tether

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW
velkoz ult

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW
League of Legends: Post the Laserest Beams You Got

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Colonel Squish posted:

This is what I suspected after watching Qtpie try to play him adc again and again last night. He just get wrecked when he goes full damage.

Speaking of qtpie, he's playing the League-killer on his stream right now: http://www.twitch.tv/imaqtpie

That or it's the visual update

I'm a page late but according to him it was patch 4.20.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

heh
remember kids when u weed u feed

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Also what's with xerath slowly creeping up the ban rates? Did people finally realise since his rework his ratios have been brokenly stronk if you can land skillshots?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sharzak posted:

heh
remember kids when u weed u feed

Me and a friend are in an eternal argument on whether Imaqtpie smokes weed. He says it would be impossible to stay at the peak of esportz while regularly toking, his 420 bit is just to please his fans. I say he lives in california and plays videogames all day. Anybody got any confirmation either way?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Also what's with xerath slowly creeping up the ban rates? Did people finally realise since his rework his ratios have been brokenly stronk if you can land skillshots?

Lot of other safe wave clearing dudes have been nerfed several times recently, sliding Xerath up the priority chart.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Okay here's my Gnar take on a single game:

Tiny Gnar sucks rear end in a top hat and is going to be hilariously easy to kill/hurt
Big Gnar hurts really fierce and has a shitload of CC
Holy crap the rage mechanic is a pain in the rear end

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

My 1-game Gnar take is that this champion is probably too complicated to be worth learning considering how rarely I play top lane and the payoff seems a lot lower than I expected.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Super Librarian posted:

This is mesmerizing

Is that a Jayce?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Libertine posted:

My 1-game Gnar take is that this champion is probably too complicated to be worth learning considering how rarely I play top lane and the payoff seems a lot lower than I expected.

Pretty much yeah, something about the rage mechanic being like fully ramped when no one is nearby is super useless because you very slowly waddle your way to a teamfight. Then it falls off and you're this sorta crappy version of Teemo and I don't even know

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

itsjustdrew posted:

Is that a Jayce?

A former Jayce. :eng101:

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Chocolate Donuts posted:

A former Jayce. :eng101:

I stand corrected. Thank you.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Libertine posted:

Lot of other safe wave clearing dudes have been nerfed several times recently, sliding Xerath up the priority chart.

Oh okay, I guessed it was because xerath with 40% cdr (athenes + runes) shits out like 1000 dmg nukes every 4 seconds late-game that can hit their whole team, while at such a range that makes him very difficult to even get near to short of a Jarvan 4 Flash EQ ulti combo.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Drone_Fragger posted:

Oh okay, I guessed it was because xerath with 40% cdr (athenes + runes) shits out like 1000 dmg nukes every 4 seconds late-game that can hit their whole team, while at such a range that makes him very difficult to even get near to short of a Jarvan 4 Flash EQ ulti combo.

I'd say you're better with mana regen instead of CDR on runes for early game. It's easy to build 40% CDR on AP, athenes + Morello/deathfire/ can easily be built on xerath.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

itsjustdrew posted:

athenes + Morello/deathfire/ on xerath.

lol

e: On probuilds scaling AP blues seem to be way more popular than CDR, though. You just get your CDR from Athene's (or Morello's if you're vs. AD), blue buff, and blue pot.

Previous Jesus fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 15, 2014

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

Me and a friend are in an eternal argument on whether Imaqtpie smokes weed. He says it would be impossible to stay at the peak of esportz while regularly toking, his 420 bit is just to please his fans. I say he lives in california and plays videogames all day. Anybody got any confirmation either way?
I think the only pro who is actually confirmed to smoke weed is IWillDominate on curse, and I don't even know if he still does.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Yes? Either you're telling us the abbreviation of the game we're discussing or you're thinking I'm wrong without backing that opinion up, either way, congratulations, you made a good post.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

itsjustdrew posted:

I'd say you're better with mana regen instead of CDR on runes for early game. It's easy to build 40% CDR on AP, athenes + Morello/deathfire/ can easily be built on xerath.

You don't need that much mana poo poo. Your passive should be keeping you ripe and ready in lane.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

itsjustdrew posted:

Yes? Either you're telling us the abbreviation of the game we're discussing or you're thinking I'm wrong without backing that opinion up, either way, congratulations, you made a good post.

If you ever get in range to use DFG on an important target as Xerath, you're probably going to die. It's a terrible item on a champion who is meant to deal damage from 1000+ range. There's also no reason to build both Morello's and Athene's. You don't need the mana regen from both and you'll do very little damage with that build. Xerath pretty much should always only build one CDR item (Froggen built CDR boots on him one game on probuilds, though, which doesn't seem bad). You don't really need mana regen blues if you manage your mana and lane pressure well early game.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Drone_Fragger posted:

people love to use scripts to play him

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Rurea posted:

I think the only pro who is actually confirmed to smoke weed is IWillDominate on curse, and I don't even know if he still does.

Meteos does, or at least did. Had a medical card for it and everything.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

If you ever get in range to use DFG on an important target as Xerath, you're probably going to die. It's a terrible item on a champion who is meant to deal damage from 1000+ range. There's also no reason to build both Morello's and Athene's. You don't need the mana regen from both and you'll do very little damage with that build. Xerath pretty much should always only build one CDR item (Froggen built CDR boots on him one game on probuilds, though, which doesn't seem bad). You don't really need mana regen blues if you manage your mana and lane pressure well early game.

Or, if you do want to build more than 1 CDR item, make sure you're not actually going over 40% like with Grail/Morello's/DFG.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Lately I've been running 5 scaling AP blues and 4 scaling CDR blues with 3/4 points in the CDR Mastery in Offense on mages to get ~10% CDR from runes/masteries (it's like .7 or .8% wasted but that's the closest you can get I think), 20% from a single item, and then 10% from either a blue buff or elixir. Ideally you would just have 9 AP blues, the one CDR item, and always have a blue buff and blue elixir; but lately in games whenever I play mid my expectations for blue buffs are almost zero because I'm constantly getting power-farming junglers who just grab every single buff and don't even consider handing them over even if you ask. Like I just go for the biscuit mastery on mid instead of the buff mastery because of how infrequently I get the blue buff.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Previous Jesus posted:

Much better. Thank you for clarifying. While I agree with your point on DFG, it's almost certain that at one point, a trist, blitz, thresh, rengar, khazix or J4 (among others) WILL target you as a primary in this situation it would help, plus it's a shitload of AP. However I disagree on your next point, I much prefer to have an infinite pool of mana, especially early game / lane stage, Xerath has a great poke, but his basic attacks aren't that great. It's a great idea to use your abilities to bully other mids (I assume you play him mid) out of lane, and morello also packs a nice amount of AP as well as the added CDR and mana regen to spam your abilities end game.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Haha, someone just drophacked a co-op v AI game because I insta-locked Gnar and they were mad. I guess if they were going to dodge, we were all going to have to wait the penalty time.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

'Cause Rinj gave me it and for context both of us were fed as gently caress:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
When in doubt, SUPPORT GP!
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1494186077/36480848

Had a rough early game but once I hit 6 I got assists all over the joint. Free money :snoop:

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Well after 30 games, my stint in Gold/first ranked experience is over. I have to say, that was the least fun games I've ever played, with the most toxic players, and worst allies. Nearly every loss had team scores looking like 3/40, or 5/32. Just absolute stompage in every lane simultaneously. The best I could do was go toe-to-toe or win against my lane opponent until the rest of the game fell apart. I'd be happy putting a gun in my mouth and just saying I'm terrible at this video game/life, but there's no way I could cause allies to die on blue buff, disconnects approx every 3 games etc...

gently caress!

Maybe I should just stick to normals where people are less bad than Gold.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Servaetes posted:

'Cause Rinj gave me it and for context both of us were fed as gently caress:

Where is my Mantheon guide.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Baldbeard posted:

Well after 30 games, my stint in Gold/first ranked experience is over. I have to say, that was the least fun games I've ever played, with the most toxic players, and worst allies. Nearly every loss had team scores looking like 3/40, or 5/32. Just absolute stompage in every lane simultaneously. The best I could do was go toe-to-toe or win against my lane opponent until the rest of the game fell apart. I'd be happy putting a gun in my mouth and just saying I'm terrible at this video game/life, but there's no way I could cause allies to die on blue buff, disconnects approx every 3 games etc...

gently caress!

Maybe I should just stick to normals where people are less bad than Gold.

It happens in non-ranked too. I just got out of a game where I was holding my own lane fine, farming towards midgame as I was supposed to. Around level 6 I look up and notice for the first time that the score is already 0-10. I hadn't died yet. :ughh:

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

itsjustdrew posted:

Much better. Thank you for clarifying. While I agree with your point on DFG, it's almost certain that at one point, a trist, blitz, thresh, rengar, khazix or J4 (among others) WILL target you as a primary in this situation it would help, plus it's a shitload of AP. However I disagree on your next point, I much prefer to have an infinite pool of mana, especially early game / lane stage, Xerath has a great poke, but his basic attacks aren't that great. It's a great idea to use your abilities to bully other mids (I assume you play him mid) out of lane, and morello also packs a nice amount of AP as well as the added CDR and mana regen to spam your abilities end game.

You're not using his passive right if you need mana regen items. The amount of mana it returns is pretty good.

Because I'm betting you've never read about his passive, here it is.

quote:

Xerath's next basic attack will restore 30 / 33 / 36 / 42 / 48 / 54 / 63 / 72 / 81 / 90 / 102 / 114 / 126 / 138 / 150 / 165 / 180 / 195 mana (doubled against champions).

with a base 12 second CD that, that works out to be 2.5mana/second at level 1 if you're only hitting minions every time the CD pops, which you should be able to do relatively easy.

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

When in doubt, SUPPORT GP!
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1494186077/36480848

Had a rough early game but once I hit 6 I got assists all over the joint. Free money :snoop:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1494135235/32816258

get on my level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Lovechop posted:

I have lost to AD Janna support in ranked. It was actually pretty funny.

Headline posted:

League of Legends: Post the Laserest Beams You Got

Meowzahar. C'mon Riot that would sell like hotcakes.

• Locked thread