Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
killaer
Aug 4, 2007
It would be really scary and creepy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
I'm st8

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

killaer posted:

go on

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

op is scary and creepy when he stares at the kids on the monkey bars

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
if you took sarcasm away from goons there wouldn't be any SA forums because there would be no posts.

sarcasm is what puts Lowtax's kids through college.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
earnest posting is the new hip thing

i hope we all grow as people and have productive lives

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
yep that's why people look at SA and go "wtf" then click the little 'x' button on the tab

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
unsurprising if true

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax
if you took the good out of OP's posts, there would be no change

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
I'm...not gay.

loving liberating.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
drat, man, that's some loving deep poo poo.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Wow what a great post, OP. Really opened my eyes. Thanks.

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

i actually read the orginal post

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

huskarl_marx posted:

earnest posting is the new hip thing

i hope we all grow as people and have productive lives

It's called post-irony sir. This statement was written ironically despite the fact it is also true.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Most of the Jewish people I've met have seemed pretty ordinary.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

are you being sarcastic, dude

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Wow, rly makes u think

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
but who would want that?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The OP should kill himself.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
if u took the lack of consent away from rape its just 2 people having sex, something to think about op

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

You'd be left with insightful, deep, authentic comments about life and society's reactions to the internet

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Hobohemian posted:

It's called post-irony sir. This statement was written ironically despite the fact it is also true.

not its not gently caress that

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

killaer posted:

wow. so this is the cutting edge of posting...

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
im not ungay

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
live a long and prosperous life, op

Orkin Mang fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 15, 2014

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Sarcasm is the weak man's condescension

What I'm saying is, gently caress you

PainBreak
Jun 9, 2001
"Heeeeeeeee" poop. :airquote:

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

gently caress Your Website posted:

Sarcasm is the weak man's condescension

What I'm saying is, gently caress you

Not true. The British have perfected the ability to mock non British to their face while they do not notice. It's an art really, one they should be admired for.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I really like sunny days. :)

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
There have been many times when I wonder what the people on here are hiding from, why they put on masks. With all the thoughtful, interesting discussion on these forums, I wonder why the lowest common denominator has to keep on popping up. My best answer, and it is a depressing one, is that in a world where the rule of cliches and banalities is so thorough, when the media's tone of self-importance and social media's tone of jibing frivolity are so unbreakable, the only answer is to eschew the type of serious discourse that is fruitless in any case.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

glowing-fish posted:

There have been many times when I wonder what the people on here are hiding from, why they put on masks. With all the thoughtful, interesting discussion on these forums, I wonder why the lowest common denominator has to keep on popping up. My best answer, and it is a depressing one, is that in a world where the rule of cliches and banalities is so thorough, when the media's tone of self-importance and social media's tone of jibing frivolity are so unbreakable, the only answer is to eschew the type of serious discourse that is fruitless in any case.

cock sandwich!

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

glowing-fish posted:

This is why I'm hiding. This is why I wear a mask.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
wtf is sarcasm i really hate niggers, faggots etc

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Hwbrgdtse posted:

cock sandwich!

I've written previously (in a thread that I can't quite remember), about the psychological roots of GBS' obsession with homosexuality. My best guess is that people who choose to communicate on the internet are often people, that, despite being intelligent and theoretically aware of social norms, do not feel an intrinsic sense of communion and fellowship with their fellow human beings. I think that the "joking" references to things such as homosexuality and cuckolding are a desperate cry for the immediate, intimate fellowship of other human beings, freed from the lenses of social posturing and multiple levels of irony.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
has anyone been on a really sincere forum? I read one about barbeques and found that it existentially disturbed me.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

glowing-fish posted:

I've written previously (in a thread that I can't quite remember), about the psychological roots of GBS' obsession with homosexuality. My best guess is that people who choose to communicate on the internet are often people, that, despite being intelligent and theoretically aware of social norms, do not feel an intrinsic sense of communion and fellowship with their fellow human beings. I think that the "joking" references to things such as homosexuality and cuckolding are a desperate cry for the immediate, intimate fellowship of other human beings, freed from the lenses of social posturing and multiple levels of irony.

sounds about right in my case

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN
i'm post irony, op, deal with it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hahahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

glowing-fish posted:

You should become the board therapist.

• Locked thread