Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Keep Dr. Wight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Keep him

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Also keep in mind "the future of the team" could be anywhere from 10-20 games, depending on when the insanity takes full hold and I suddenly lock this thread and destroy my computer

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Can I make a little suggestion, GNU?

Spoiler the answers in the "what should we do" sections in the OP for previous matches for us late starters - I've just discovered this thread and watching the vids but I sort of know what happens before I watch each one because it's written under each vid.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Ah, can do

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Fire him. (And fire Wight Power while you're at it - he has lovely skills and a lovely name.)

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Don't fire anybody.

Oh no, a -AV Wight, how slightly inconvenient. 16SPP is still an annoying amount to farm, even on an MA6 player with Block to start, especially as we have an underlevelled Wolf and Ghoul, and as TV rises, stuff like POMB usually gets more widespread, which hurts anyone who's starting fresh.

Wight Power, has Pass, a good skill you only get on dubs, will be even better with Strong Arm when he levels again. Big playmaker.

jBrereton fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 14, 2014

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

pumpinglemma posted:

Fire him. (And fire Wight Power while you're at it - he has lovely skills and a lovely name.)

We're not firing Wight Power when he's still got Strong Arm and +Ag to roll up

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
AV7 is steel, don't fire the wight.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Don't fire the Wight

Dr. Wight is the 3rd cornerstone of our team after Santos and MacGruff. You'd abandon him when he needs team support the most?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

TheNabster posted:

Dr. Wight is the 3rd cornerstone of our team after Santos and MacGruff. You'd abandon him when he needs team support the most?

Unless he can somehow slap on some extra armor without eating a level, than it's better for everyone to let him walk his own path. Maybe he can become a real doctor once he's out of the game.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Brainamp posted:

Unless he can somehow slap on some extra armor without eating a level, than it's better for everyone to let him walk his own path. Maybe he can become a real doctor once he's out of the game.

AV7 is still fine, plenty of characters are just as awesome as the good doctor with AV7.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Fire Dr. Wight. Bring on Block Power.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Gridlocked posted:

AV7 is still fine, plenty of characters are just as awesome as the good doctor with AV7.

edit:

AND HE DOESNT EVEN HAVE DODGE!

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 15, 2014

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

GNU Order posted:

-AV only brings him down to AV7, which is the base AV for most some teams.

Fixed that. Av 7 is below average. AV 7 is wood elfs, pro elfs, skaven, norse, amazons, and the weaker side of some mixed teams such as stunties or skeletons.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Jade Star posted:

Fixed that. Av 7 is below average. AV 7 is wood elfs, pro elfs, skaven, norse, amazons, and the weaker side of some mixed teams such as stunties or skeletons.

Maybe Doctor Wight was actaully a Norseman before he died.

Cool Chulainn
Sep 5, 2011

Who's up for a game of Swords & Speedballs?
Keep the Wight please.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Gridlocked posted:

Maybe Doctor Wight was actaully a Norseman before he died.

He does have about the right skill set for that.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I thought Yapo's Norse and Agent355's Skaven team showed us the AV7 = STEEL? Why would we fire a guy just because his armour just got better?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Keep Him. Let his skills be useful and let him die on the pitch (again). By the time he dies maybe the rest of the team will be good and we can feed his replacement some TDs.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Keep Dr. Wight. I'm not ready to lose that name pun yet.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Fire Dr. Wight and hire a new Wight.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

PotatoManJack posted:

I thought Yapo's Norse and Agent355's Skaven team showed us the AV7 = STEEL? Why would we fire a guy just because his armour just got better?

Mostly just because Block Pride is a really good Wight name to go with Wight Power and AV7 is a decent excuse for it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Mostly just because Block Pride is a really good Wight name to go with Wight Power and AV7 is a decent excuse for it

If we're going that way, wouldn't Privilege be a better name? :downsrim:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Dias posted:

If we're going that way, wouldn't Privilege be a better name? :downsrim:

Wight Privilege definitely would've been a better name than Wight Power yeah but you gotta work with what you got.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Wight Privilege definitely would've been a better name than Wight Power yeah but you gotta work with what you got.

Man how did we miss that gem,we've failed thread :negative:

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Keep The Wight

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Keep Dr. Wight - Guard Wights are boss, and I want a reminder of the one decent bit of damage Alan Titchmarsh managed that match (which was surprisingly bloodless considering both of our setups).

I should also apologise for / explain my slow play - I haven't played Blood Bowl in quite a while and I'm dumb :downs:

I will however never apologise for double GFI-ing into the endzone, or for having 5 re-rolls :colbert:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Fire Dr Wight. Taking an injury is for pussies, and what hurts you doesn't always make you stronger. In fact, it makes you a pussy.

Fire the pussy.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Keep Dr. Wight and buy Assistant coaches

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:I forgot to close the voting and already played the next match and assumed that keeping Dr. Wight won, I hope that is the case:siren:

So voting closed I suppose

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GNU Order posted:

:siren:I forgot to close the voting and already played the next match and assumed that keeping Dr. Wight won, I hope that is the case:siren:

Always bet on the Doc.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

GNU Order posted:

Well, he would've missed the next game anyhow, so you can still fire him without defying the vote.
Though we would've had a 2nd wight in the game you just played I guess.

Also. Wight Power is one of Studman's two wights. Though I can't remember if it's just Power, or if it's Wight Power.
(studman is one of the few fumbbl coaches who plays games that are ALWAYS worth watching. And has a very specific way of playing.)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Keeping the wounded wight won out over firing him by almost twice as many votes.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
After realising I hate my default named halfling team I decided to give making a proper fling team a new go. I got this guy on a first try:

It's like he wants to go faster but can't :smith:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Iretep posted:

After realising I hate my default named halfling team I decided to give making a proper fling team a new go. I got this guy on a first try:

This is the most disgusting thing posted in this thread I think.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

His other tree is also +1 Movement and Block.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Just wait til it rolls double 6's on its next two levels.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Iretep posted:

Can trees get Agi on doubles? I never play teams with them on. If so, obviously he needs Sprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Can trees get Agi on doubles? I never play teams with them on. If so, obviously he needs Sprint.

Trees can take anything but mutations on doubles. I took block though because I want the tree to stand more than run around.

• Locked thread