Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what should be done with the sea world orcas
keep them alive and tortured so that people can be entertained by them
they should be set free in nature where they will die
kill them
hmm...not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
attendance has taken a hit and their stock price has plummeted. their solution is to make their torture chambers twice as big

quote:

Battered by controversy over its treatment of killer whales, SeaWorld San Diego announced Friday that it plans to double the size of its orca environment, contribute an additional $10 million to research on the species and establish an independent advisory committee of scientists to oversee its orca program.

Called the Blue World Project, the new orca environment will be nearly double the size of the current facility, covering 1.5 acres at 50 feet deep and 350 feet in length.

quote:

The company reported 6.6 million visitors at its parks in the April-to-June period, nearly flat compared with the same period in 2013.

Net income was $37 million, or 43 cents a share. Analysts had expected 60 cents a share. Sales fell 1% to $405.2 million.

On Thursday, Standard & Poor's lowered SeaWorld Entertainment's credit rating to BB- from BB, pushing the rate further below investment grade, also known as junk bonds.

"The negative outlook reflects our belief that the company faces significant challenges regarding reputational risk and potential improvements in operating performance beyond 2014," Standard & Poor's said in a statement.

Standard & Poor's cited "negative media reports that have specifically targeted the company's use of orca whales for entertainment purposes" as contributing to lower attendance and spending at the parks.

A bill by Assemblyman Richard Bloom (D-Santa Monica), now stalled in the Legislature, would ban the park from breeding its orcas or using them for "entertainment."

hopefully the whole idiot place just goes out of business and all the orcas commit suicide because really death is the best option for them at this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The park helps fund the animal hospital that exists below sea world.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Kill everything including me OP

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
OP would like to see the animals there shot slowly to death, i bet.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
good

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

PETA!! :argh:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i have family that worked really high up at sea world. they refused an interview for the movie and guess what that was a smart idea cause balckfish is kind of disingenuous and misrepresents a lot of facts and has some p scummy filmmaking

its not totally untrue duh but they really skewed it in their favor by only interviewing junior trainers and not mentioning some pretty fuckin important people

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

nigga crab pollock posted:

i have family that worked really high up at sea world. they refused an interview for the movie and guess what that was a smart idea cause balckfish is kind of disingenuous and misrepresents a lot of facts and has some p scummy filmmaking

its not totally untrue duh but they really skewed it in their favor by only interviewing junior trainers and not mentioning some pretty fuckin important people

Like up in the atlantis ride?

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

they really skewed it in their favor by only interviewing junior trainers

didn't you just say they asked higher ups for an interview and were refused

baw
Nov 5, 2008

did it skew the part where the whales are tortured mentally and physically for entertainment

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Torka posted:

didn't you just say they asked higher ups for an interview and were refused

no just the one in my family but i know there were people that got interviewed but refused to be shown in the film

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

'It's really scummy that this not totally untrue movie has misrepresented facts. They shouldn't have interviewed junior trainers and instead interviewed higher ups that refused to be interviewed.'

???

guess what dummy the higher-ups realized that poo poo was gonna go down beforehand. Just because they're smart doesn't mean it's the doc-makers fault

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Keeping anything in an environment barely bigger than itself is going to cause problems. Just look at the average new yorker

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

no just the one im related to

So what's not true. Are the whales not in fact the saddest looking things on earth? I bet all their whale talk is just begging visitors to kill them and release them from their sea hell.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
they don't call them kille rwhales because they're nice, friendly animals

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
stocks collapsing faster than a captive orca's dorsal fin

baw
Nov 5, 2008

no no that happens to 25% of wild orcas, that's what the guide said

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

orcas aren't even real whales smart guy

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

gently caress the ROW posted:

they don't call them kille rwhales because they're nice, friendly animals

Killer Whales is actually their gang name. They arent even actually whales. Just like The Bloods gang arent actually puddles of blood, they are humans.

They also all have personal names.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Copley Depot posted:

orcas aren't even real whales smart guy

There;s no discernible difference between a whale and a dolphin CIS scum

baw
Nov 5, 2008

if theyre not whales then why do they have fins

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

concerned mom posted:

There;s no discernible difference between a whale and a dolphin CIS scum

It's a lot harder for a whale to rape you!

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

let's bust in there tonight and send the orcas back to their home on the moon! who's with me??

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Rapman the Cook posted:

Killer Whales is actually their gang name. They arent even actually whales. Just like The Bloods gang arent actually puddles of blood, they are humans.

heard if you learn a gang members true name you have power over them conifmr/ deny?

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The ocean & environment enrichment caring dance dance seamonkey exhibit

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

pixelbaron posted:

heard if you learn a gang members true name you have power over them conifmr/ deny?

only after you tell them if you're a cop first

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
went to seaworld in mar 2013 on a tuesday. it loving owned cause literally no one was there. there was like maybe one or two tours from the local elementry school but they didn't go on the rides. the ride operators just let you sit there and go again and again. too bad the rides kinda sucked. atlantis got old after the 5th ride. mantra wasnt bad and that was cool just to go again and again at least.

if only i could go to disneyland when it's not that crowded.

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

in canada we have marineland

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

y'know OP you could have just put 'where they will' die after all of those options. because death is certain for us all

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Rapman the Cook posted:

lol the whales at sea world don't even get that. sorry buddy yr also shamu

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
seaworld was fun, back when i was 7-10, i don't know anyone who goes on a regular basis when you can just go to the san diego zoo which is far superior. My favorite is when foreigners stare at the raccoon enclosure.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So how accurate is Black Fish? I'm on my phone and about to start my shift so I was hoping someone who knows about whales could weigh in.

I'm glad Seaworld seems to at least be responding by making the enclosures bigger and whatever. They do help fund a lot of beneficial things to animals afaik and it'd be sad to see them gone.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Moridin920 posted:

So how accurate is Black Fish? I'm on my phone and about to start my shift so I was hoping someone who knows about whales could weigh in.

I'm glad Seaworld seems to at least be responding by making the enclosures bigger and whatever. They do help fund a lot of beneficial things to animals afaik and it'd be sad to see them gone.

like profit from their suffering?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

They do help fund a lot of beneficial things to animals afaik

Maybe in some east asian, 'all existence is suffering' sort of way.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
So which is more accurate? Free Willy or Blackfish?

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
well yeah sure they hunt down and corral orca pods and then rip the calves from their families

but think of all the beneficial work they do!

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

rezatahs posted:

well yeah sure they hunt down and corral orca pods and then rip the calves from their families

lets not give them food until they do what we want when we want how we want it

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
i wonder if the dude who has to wank the whale gets paid more or is it a job the loving intern gets. whale cum

Woden
May 6, 2006

rezatahs posted:

Hospitals used to give people lobotomies, should have shut them all down in the 60s IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
i think the whale they wanked was really mean too. wanking a pissed off whale is no way to earn a living

• Locked thread