Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Herzog has always had sort of an oddball sense of humor so it wouldn't be shocking to me if he genuinely enjoys Harmon's work. And they both have reputations for being difficult to work with, so they've got that bond between them too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

BreakAtmo posted:

I really just want the Pierce role to be filled by someone playing a live-action version of Rick. For at least one episode.

Because dimension-hopping worked so well in season 3.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ETB posted:

I'm still hoping Jonathan Banks will be able to find time for the show. I need my Jim the Duck, drat it.

It's not contractually possible

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Toxxupation posted:

It's not contractually possible
             /

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Emerson Cod posted:

On Harmontown he was joking about getting Werner Herzog in the Pierce role. That could actually work.

Failing that, they should just get Paul F. Tompkins doing his Werner Herzog impression.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Had a few dozen episodes on my DVR. In the Fistfull of Paintballs episode, they elude to sequels and a previous paintball episode. For the life of me I cannot find such an episode. Has anyone a number for it?

Wait, oh hey wait. I need to scroll back a few pages. There is going to be a season 6? Here I thought McHale was destined to doing weird vitamin commercials.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 24, 2014

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Fog Tripper posted:

Had a few dozen episodes on my DVR. In the Fistfull of Paintballs episode, they elude to sequels and a previous paintball episode. For the life of me I cannot find such an episode. Has anyone a number for it?

Wait, oh hey wait. I need to scroll back a few pages. There is going to be a season 6? Here I thought McHale was destined to doing weird vitamin commercials.

Jesus, where have you been skipping the emotional roller coaster called the past year?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Fog Tripper posted:

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but "Modern Warfare" is the season one paintball episode. "Paradigms of Human Memory" (the clip show) in season three has a clip to a noir-themed game of paintball that didn't actually happen. And season four's finale had paintball in it.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Jesus, where have you been skipping the emotional roller coaster called the past year?

Been watching DVRed episodes. Kind of left the thread for dead when it appeared cancelled meant cancelled, and suddenly McHale was doing very unfunny commercials for some sort of energy pill.

El Tortuga posted:

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but "Modern Warfare" is the season one paintball episode. "Paradigms of Human Memory" (the clip show) in season three has a clip to a noir-themed game of paintball that didn't actually happen. And season four's finale had paintball in it.

Thanks! I think it must have been one of the season one eps that were oddly absent from the recordings on my box. (DISH DVR lists episodes by number, and the names are a click further.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 24, 2014

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

http://www.leakynews.com/donald-glover-voicing-spider-man-in-disney-xd-series-47093/

Donald Glover is gonna be voicing the Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man in an upcoming animation. It's some kind of new show involving Peter Parker quantum-leap'ing around different realities and meeting different Spider-Men.

So, that's something kinda Community-related, I guess.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

He finally gets to be Spiderman!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Wee Bairns posted:

He finally gets to be Spiderman!

A clip: http://youtu.be/dZz_r9_ZBAI

It's from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, which, from what I hear isn't too good a show. But Glover's voice does sound pretty cool coming of a Spider-Man.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Glover would sound even cooler on the next season of Community.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

El Tortuga posted:

A clip: http://youtu.be/dZz_r9_ZBAI

It's from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, which, from what I hear isn't too good a show. But Glover's voice does sound pretty cool coming of a Spider-Man.

It's really not.

This, however... I kinda have to watch it. It's Donald Glover as Spider-Man.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
This is just foreshadowing, for when Sony announces that they're rebooting Spider-Man again; but they're doing Ultimate Spider-Man instead, and Donald Glover's the lead!

This is true and real, and not me freaking out about an awesome fantasy I'm having.

Edit: VVV And he's perfect for it, you can't deny that.

Adeline Weishaupt fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 26, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Donald Glover: The World's First 40 year old Spider-Man.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
I thought he was busy focusing on his rap career being on his own not working for someone else.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Irish Joe posted:

There is nothing that would get me in a movie theater on opening night like a Spider-Man movie where he was married, I have to say.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

There is nothing that would get me in a movie theater on opening night like a Spider-Man movie where he was married, I have to say.
Good idea. A One More Day movie would be brilliant.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

See the thing is, I know you're playing me, but you're right, mainly because it would get Marvel back the rights to Spider-Man.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

See the thing is, I know you're playing me, but you're right, mainly because it would get Marvel back the rights to Spider-Man.
Sorry, they can't have them back. They sold the rights to Spider-Man in order to save Stan Lee's life.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

FactsAreUseless posted:

dude! u should tweet that idea @ the president

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Whoever came into the IRC channel to complain about Occ while he wasn't even there is a pretty big loser and should consider jumping off a bridge. Thank you that is all.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Zaggitz posted:

Whoever came into the IRC channel is a pretty big loser and should consider jumping off a bridge. Thank you that is all.

I agree.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Zaggitz posted:

Whoever came into the IRC channel to complain about Occ while he wasn't even there is a pretty big loser and should consider jumping off a bridge. Thank you that is all.

Ahahahahahahahah holy gently caress

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Sakarja posted:

I thought he was busy focusing on his rap career being on his own not working for someone else.

The dimension-hopping plotline is just a cover so when Glover inevitably storms off from the show they have a canon excuse to replace him.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Zaggitz posted:

Why would anyone complain about Occ? He's the reason the show got picked up!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Zaggitz posted:

Occ I know you're not going to believe me when I say this but it wasn't me.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Irish Joe posted:

I can see it already.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Occ I know you're not going to believe me when I say this but it wasn't me.

Holy poo poo no one cares, this is stupid, aaaaaaaaaaaagh

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Zaggitz posted:

Are we still talking about Spider-Man? I love Doc Occ. "Spider-Man 2" is the best.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently the Russo brothers will be back to direct the season premiere.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
That is the third best news I'd hear about Community. Right behind the new season announcement and the eventual return of Donglover.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

umalt posted:

the eventual return of Donglover.

Wait, what? Has this been confirmed?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Last Chance posted:

Wait, what? Has this been confirmed?

No. Harmon was trying diligently and Donald seemed open to it, though.

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

I haven't seen this posted yet:
Greendale Community College

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Naylenas posted:

I haven't seen this posted yet:
Greendale Community College
No Professor Professerson. :colbert:

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

No Professor Professerson. :colbert:

Did you try searching under "Professorberg"?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

MrAristocrates posted:

No. Harmon was trying diligently and Donald seemed open to it, though.

You know it's gonna happen though.

And this isn't just me trying my hardest to deny that him not coming back is a possibility.

Edit: vvv That's starting to sound like a Toxx to me...

Adeline Weishaupt fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

umalt posted:

You know it's gonna happen though.

Not in a million years. Not for the movie. Not for the seventh season comic book. Not ever, or for any reason.

• Locked thread