Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Which is more "autistic", using lots of colloquialisms or not understanding them? goons literally attribute both to autusm because ???

(its me, im the autist)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
it is you. Sorry I don't know what a colloquialism is, thi9s post is a little low content

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

quakster posted:

Which is more "autistic", using lots of colloquialisms or not understanding them? goons literally attribute both to autusm because ???

(its me, im the autist)

your name quake ster or quack ster? Also you gay.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I would say using the same one over and over in a conversation is the best indicator.

"Went bananas."
"So bananas!"
"That's bananas!"

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I would say using the same one over and over in a conversation is the best indicator.

"Went bananas."
"So bananas!"
"That's bananas!"

a hill of bananas

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

"Went bananas."
"So bananas!"
"That's bananas!"

Orange you glad I didn't say bananas

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dontcareaboutname posted:

your name quake ster or quack ster? Also you gay.
hmm. autism

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
wondering if something is autistic is pretty autistic hth

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
This poo poo is bananas, A-U-T-I-S-T-S!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ArchNemesis posted:

wondering if something is autistic is pretty autistic hth

Not actually knowing what autism is and playing along with a pseudo-meme developed to classify why people are horrible is pretty drat stupid.

I mean, I get that once upon a time, it was funny. But the mindless way everyone goes "lol autism" trying to fit in with goons who don't actually care is kinda sad.

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice

ikanreed posted:

Not actually knowing what autism is and playing along with a pseudo-meme developed to classify why people are horrible is pretty drat stupid.

I mean, I get that once upon a time, it was funny. But the mindless way everyone goes "lol autism" trying to fit in with goons who don't actually care is kinda sad.

lol look at this autist

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ArchNemesis posted:

lol look at this autist

I know right, what was I thinking not being a brainless sycophant. My mistake.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

ikanreed posted:

I know right, what was I thinking not being a brainless sycophant. My mistake.

Okay, but this is a fairly autistic response.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
it's extremely fuckin autistic lol

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
but srsly, please keep doing the lords good work of trying to change the hearts and minds of us here at something awful dot com internet comedy forums. it takes a brave person to change the world

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lets put another shrimp on the barby mate

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

autistic when used as a pejorative doesn't mean a single specific thing. it's not a diagnosis, but you know it when you see it

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Okay, but this is a fairly autistic response.

Yeah, thanks, I know. I could've paid a psychiatrist for this kind of expertise.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

ArchNemesis posted:

but srsly, please keep doing the lords good work of trying to change the hearts and minds of us here at something awful dot com internet comedy forums. it takes a brave person to change the world

No one cares about your mind. I'm just saying you're boring.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
#woah turns out none of you are doctors??? But I get all my mental illness help here

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
I paid my forums subscription out of my FSA

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
for all intensive purposes i don't "feel" your statements, jive turkey.

Bobby Strong
Nov 8, 2011

ArchNemesis posted:

I paid my forums subscription out of my FSA

:golfclap:

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Christmas Miracle posted:

autistic when used as a pejorative doesn't mean a single specific thing. it's not a diagnosis, but you know it when you see it

Its mere existence in the DSM V is extremely controversial.

Honestly, as aspergers was amalgamated into the autism spectrum, so too should autism be annulled and amalgamated into another diagnosis. Specifically faecal encephalopathy. Would save a lot of paperwork.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Lol autism, funny joke op keep up the good work XD

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Trixie Hardcore posted:

This poo poo is bananas, A-U-T-I-S-T-S!

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
tits, usa wants their anagram back.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Broenheim posted:

Lol autism, funny joke op keep up the good work XD
the actual joke was that goons will in fact claim that anything is autistic, such as your posting. i have made this exact joke like 11 times by now, due to my crippling autism

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
autism is a spectrum, everyone has autistic personality traits. the degree to which it interferes with your life functioning determines if it is a disorder or not.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
are the colloquialisms from Battlestar Galactica

JustCait
May 28, 2014

Ocean Book posted:

autism is a spectrum, everyone has autistic personality traits. the degree to which it interferes with your life functioning determines if it is a disorder or not.

Random factual statements freak me out

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.

Ocean Book posted:

Are assholes, dicks, douchebags, and bitches on the autism spectrum?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbE2zNoWPFw

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

quakster posted:

the actual joke was that goons will in fact claim that anything is autistic, such as your posting. i have made this exact joke like 11 times by now, due to my crippling autism

I'm not autistic but I do have OCD and if I don't make 11 autism jokes a day something bad will happen.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

quakster posted:

(its me, im the autist)

Can you give an example?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
paper or plastic

• Locked thread