Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Potsticker posted:

Over 100 matches now with only three losses. There are a few people with a really low number of matches played with some good/leveled cards. Likely just the database not updating constantly, but it could also be a sign of money being spent.

I spent $5 on the game just to see what would happen. Got 3 blue cards and 3 grey ones. Pretty crap

The only way to get a guaranteed Epic card is to spend $25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I got a Rare Curt Hennig who is yet to be beaten, and my common Goldust now has a speed stat of 105. He is untouchable. All yellow block team makes tags real easy to win too.

e; that makes it 8 Jimmy Usos that Goldust has eaten in the past day. this is great.

Another Person fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Aug 15, 2014

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm
I had a bunch of good cards in that game yesterday and today when I started it up all my stats and cards had reset.

I had two rare Rey Mysterio cards, I was going to combine them and then be unstoppable. :smith:

Also, are you able to combine pro cards for any benefit? I had four uncommon Brock Lesnars, but two were in the king of the ring mode so I never got to test it out.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Please End, King of the Ring mode.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Just pulled a Rare Heath Slater and I don't know why this pleases me. Meanwhile my Rare level 12 Triple H is basically god so far.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Require More Fire posted:

Just pulled a Rare Heath Slater and I don't know why this pleases me.
Max it out ASAP.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The tag team of uncommon somewhat leveled pro Zack Ryder and Ricky Steamboat steamrolls over every tag match, including a rare Cena just now. Makes me happy.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Downloaded this thing, my champion is rare fandango and uncommons Edge, Goldust and big john studd with a common AJ to fill in. Winning more than I'm losing so far but yet to find the next rare before I accidentally tapped KoTR and am now in tutorial hell

E: an hour in and now my team is Super Rare Dean Ambrose + Rare Fandango, Batista and Eric Rowan (and still a common AJ :negative:)

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 15, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I feel like I'm going to the next tier of cards without ever getting a second Super Rare, my luck sucks.

Or does it? Because somehow I'm tied for First in King of the Ring, even though I have no idea what's going on in it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

As far as King of the Ring goes, I've kind of been grinding for Energy Boosts so I can keep my main team on the frontline.

And my tag team of Shawn Michaels and Christian just got steamrolled by a Rare Hulk Hogan/Super Rare Hulk Hogan combo.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

Please End, King of the Ring mode.

If they added pay to give all your guys energy or something to make KoR less painful, they might make some money. Pay to leave KoR?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I feel like I'm going to the next tier of cards without ever getting a second Super Rare, my luck sucks.

Or does it? Because somehow I'm tied for First in King of the Ring, even though I have no idea what's going on in it.

The good news is if you're the only one paying attention and feeding your team energy cards you should be able to sweep a lot of matches.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I got a Pro SR Del Rio and he is nearly untouchable. Still wish I could get Christian out of KotR so I could get him to pro. Also a maxed Uncommon AJ is beating the snot out of Rares.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I've never played any card game before but i just downloaded this and my first card was Zack Ryder.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The chances of getting a high level diva card are pretty drat low because of their sample size in cards. Which sucks because you absolutely need:
-a decent matched tag team
-another matched tag team that you can use as individuals
-a diva.

This game has made me realize I want to see a Daniel Bryan/Randy Orton tag team happen. They could go indie as gently caress with the tandem moves.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

The best sub-SR Diva I can see is Eva Marie. Even my Pro Nattie can't beat her more than like 2/3 times.

The best Superstar is ADR, funnily enough. A SR ADR will plow through anything below him 9 times out of 10.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think Uncommon Summer Rae has the best stats out of every uncommon Diva. With no buffs and equal levels my Summer Rae always beats the other one.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think Uncommon Summer Rae has the best stats out of every uncommon Diva. With no buffs and equal levels my Summer Rae always beats the other one.

I always seem to lose with Summer :/

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Man that King of the Ring mode is so crazy, I've got so many commons sitting in there stuck that I'm waiting to switch out with an army of UC's and Rares. How is everyone managing who gets trained with which cards and whatnot?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The most powerful card I've seen so far (in someone else's deck) is a super rare Mr. McMahon. That makes me laugh.

I managed to get a second blue Undertaker, so now I'm trying to train them up to level 20 and it is not easy, let me tell you.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Alan Trammell posted:

The most powerful card I've seen so far (in someone else's deck) is a super rare Mr. McMahon. That makes me laugh.

I managed to get a second blue Undertaker, so now I'm trying to train them up to level 20 and it is not easy, let me tell you.

It actually is extremely easy, just time consuming. W/L really doesnt matter, just grinding games.
I expect a cool down soon.
Also, make it give you three cards on 3-0s

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I mostly just train the weakest card in my main 5 with anything green or lower. I only train rares mostly, sometimes my super rares. I hope to get the strong cards from my picks. Once you have 3 super rares and a rare or higher diva you're pretty set.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Also I got a Virgil card and I will never sell it

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

This game is way more fun than it realistically should be. gently caress.

Also the blue I drew was a loving Hogan. I'm upset about this.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Uncommon Summer Rae is amazing in terms of stats against other Divas.

If your W/L record is important to you, don't level your guys and just replace them with higher stat spread guys. Once I started levelling my non-Diva cards I started getting much rougher matchups for sure.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Uncommon Summer Rae is amazing in terms of stats against other Divas.

If your W/L record is important to you, don't level your guys and just replace them with higher stat spread guys. Once I started levelling my non-Diva cards I started getting much rougher matchups for sure.

Of course that's balanced by not levelling limitng the potential prize payouts by keeping you in a lower seeding.

Also super rare Nikki Bella keeps destroying me. :saddowns: Summer Rae uncommon is pretty great though against basically everything else.

Pro versions of cards seem to take up half the 'pokedex' and my completionism is itching - anyone done the math on how much of a hit xp takes if you smash doubles together before feeding them to your rares?

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 15, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Of course that's balanced by not levelling limitng the potential prize payouts by keeping you in a lower seeding.

Eh, with one Super Rare (Kane), three Rares and UC Summer Rae I was doing just fine in the blue belt prize tier. I should have sat there collecting more Rares and Ultra Rares before levelling my guys.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I guess I'm the obsessive guy because I have too many Rares now. I got Pro SR Del Rio, SR Hogan, SR Meysterio, Max SR Mr. McMahon and Max Pro Uncommon AJ. I'm at the cusp of Super Rare ++ tier.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Pro versions of cards seem to take up half the 'pokedex' and my completionism is itching - anyone done the math on how much of a hit xp takes if you smash doubles together before feeding them to your rares?

Do they give less xp? I'm like 12 pro cards away from completing the Common pokedex due to not feeding cards away unless im sure I already had the pro version.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Alan Trammell posted:

I have a SR pro Vince and he demolishes.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

coconono posted:

The chances of getting a high level diva card are pretty drat low because of their sample size in cards. Which sucks because you absolutely need:
-a decent matched tag team
-another matched tag team that you can use as individuals
-a diva.

This game has made me realize I want to see a Daniel Bryan/Randy Orton tag team happen. They could go indie as gently caress with the tandem moves.

I've never played any of these games before, but yeah. I've just resorted to grinding and grinding my common Tamina to try and hang in there because I've had so few and far between diva cards.

However, my tag team of Super Rare Daniel Bryan and Rare Ultimate Warrior tend to do a lot of the heavy lifting in these matches. I have also have another team in my pocket of rare Swagger/Barrett.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

beggar posted:

I have a SR pro Vince and he demolishes.

You call that a Mr. McMahon? I'll show you a Mr. McMahon!

A reminder to train before you combine.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

You call that a Mr. McMahon? I'll show you a Mr. McMahon!

A reminder to train before you combine.

When you make him pro, take picture when he gets to 15 so we can compare the difference!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

WWE Supercard thread: Literally feeding Vince jobbers

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Turns out commons are worth 21xp and pro commons 45, so think the rule is always combine before you feed your trash cards to your team

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Does anyone have any instructions on exactly what mods to install if I wanted to play TEW with real people? There seem to be a few out there. I have zero interest in playing in the Cornellverse, because I could be playing a world where I build Zack Ryder to be a champ.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Another Person posted:

Does anyone have any instructions on exactly what mods to install if I wanted to play TEW with real people? There seem to be a few out there. I have zero interest in playing in the Cornellverse, because I could be playing a world where I build Zack Ryder to be a champ.

If you're looking for a large world, Captain Charisma's mod is probably what you want; if you're looking for something more current and smaller then look at Fleisch's Real World Chronicles. Apparently someone's working on an August mod that will be done hopefully by the end of the month, but I have no idea on quality.

edit

Here's a link for both mods.

http://www.ewwarehouse.info/category/tew-13-mods/

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Renaissance Spam posted:

If you're looking for a large world, Captain Charisma's mod is probably what you want; if you're looking for something more current and smaller then look at Fleisch's Real World Chronicles. Apparently someone's working on an August mod that will be done hopefully by the end of the month, but I have no idea on quality.

edit

Here's a link for both mods.

http://www.ewwarehouse.info/category/tew-13-mods/

So if I went for cpt. charisma, do I download all of the packs, or do I download the most recent?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Most recent (unless you want to start earlier) plus the worker pic and graphic packs.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Turns out commons are worth 21xp and pro commons 45, so think the rule is always combine before you feed your trash cards to your team

Thanks for figuring that out definitively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Everyone is having a blast with Supercards, and yet, I get a network error whenever I try to log in. :smith: