Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
motherfucking Duck Hunt

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I think it was Monkey Island but I've been gaming so long from such a young age I can't remember for sure

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Donkey Kong on the Atari 400

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mario duck hunt combo cart.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Probably Mario or a baseball game on NES, OP.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

CharlestonJew posted:

motherfucking Duck Hunt

Duck Hunt for the goth drat mother cunting win.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
some kinda boxing game on an 8bit atari. you could play a white dude, a black dude, a skinny white dude or a kangaroo. im pretty sure the floppy just said 'boxing', but thats a completely different atari game.

that or Boulder Dash

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
actually I was wrong the first game I ever played was some thing I found on a floppy called "Catacombs". I barely remember anything about it except the enemies were fuzzy purple monsters with big teeth

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

unironically too spooky for me

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

pretty sure it was either descent or maybe gradius on the NES

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

my first game was simpsons hit & run for the xbox OP, when i was 6 years old... i've grown a lot since then ha ha

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Awful lot of babies on this forum

Either bouncing babies or a space invaders game on 386

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

The Sharmat posted:

I think it was Monkey Island but I've been gaming so long from such a young age I can't remember for sure

Same

I could so the whole game except talking to the navigator because that head was scary as gently caress when youre 4 years old

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
probably centipede or pac man i dunno

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Feeling pretty jealous of all those infant gamers, who, by crying and flailing their tiny limbs in front of the Xbox One Kinect, will be owning noobs literally years earlier than thought possible throughout much of human history

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the last time this thread happened

also: http://www.classicdosgames.com/online/marsfree.html

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Holy poo poo I used to love this game when I was like 4

memories :buddy:

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

It was some home model of Pong, I don't know which.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Pong

I was born in 1985

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Some cross between space invaders and asteroids for the Atari whateverthefuck in the early 80s.

You moved your tank thing left and right with the wheel controller, and shot at asteroids. Sometimes there'd be a UFO.

Defender was probably my second game, and it was rad as gently caress.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Some cross between space invaders and asteroids for the Atari whateverthefuck in the early 80s.

You moved your tank thing left and right with the wheel controller, and shot at asteroids. Sometimes there'd be a UFO.

Defender was probably my second game, and it was rad as gently caress.

Was it Astrosmash for the Intellivision? Because that game is better than space invaders or asteroid, and I think it might have been my first video game too.

Papa Daedalus
Aug 11, 2014
My very first game was this piece of poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX8MH16DeBI

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Real hurthling! posted:

mario duck hunt combo cart.

This. First one I actually remember playing that young is Sonic 2, tho

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Ralp posted:

Was it Astrosmash for the Intellivision? Because that game is better than space invaders or asteroid, and I think it might have been my first video game too.

A quick google suggests yes, that was the game. And it indeed was better than both of the others.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

i want to say it was mario bros/duck hunt, but in all honesty i can't remember. the first game i really got into was doom, tho.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

some game on a green screen apple IIe where you were this rabbit and had to eat carrots in a maze and avoid a farmer or some poo poo, I don't remember the name because I was like 4

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

or

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Ralp posted:

giant bomb played that in one of their game room quick looks, pretty funny, can't find it right now tho

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

this game loving owned because the death routine was part of the standing routine so if you never stopped jumping you couldn't die ever

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Doctor Goat posted:

this game loving owned because the death routine was part of the standing routine so if you never stopped jumping you couldn't die ever

Art imitates life.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
The first video game I played was Quake 2, I think.

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
Super Mario Brothers

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
probably South Park Super Mario Brothers

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
super mario the first

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

legend of zelda, i think

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

simon's quest, posers

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU