Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

why is this movie trying to get me to hate science like 3 minutes in, shut the gently caress mark wahlberg

seriously who thinks it's a good idea to include lines about not believing in science thirty seconds after a speech about the need to learn science, and then thirty seconds later being mark calls himself a scientist........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Well I'm convinced.

##vote windshipper

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'd also vote PM because that dude's scum.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

oh my god mark wahlberg's eyes are so full of emotion when he almost tells the children to stop and be afraid of slurred speech and physical disorientation at 12 years of age

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ernie. posted:

why is this movie trying to get me to hate science like 3 minutes in, shut the gently caress mark wahlberg

seriously who thinks it's a good idea to include lines about not believing in science thirty seconds after a speech about the need to learn science, and then thirty seconds later being mark calls himself a scientist........

Mark Wahlberg is the science teacher that opens up with one of the most blatantly anti-intellectual speeches I have ever seen in a movie. It's that stellar moment of characterization that lets you know that you are in for one hell of a ride.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

I'd also vote PM because that dude's scum.

it's unlikely that both windshipper and pm are scum because of this post:

windshipper posted:

Hello! Pinterest! I did not know you were playing in this game!

What are your thoughts on voting Mills or Yuming today? In addition, what do you read in to Ernie's posting last night?

it's the same tone windscummer adopted with me briefly

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

this math teacher has been talking for 8 lines without taking a breath

is this the first stage of the chemical disease?????

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I don't think you can base all that much off that, windy is more than capable of that level of intellectual dishonesty. Even Lumpen is, he left bowmore off of a Lumpenlist when he was his scumbuddy and it was the main reason I thought he was town for so long in merk's game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

this movie is the worst way to ever do exposition:

PHONE CALL WHERE HE ASKS QUESTIONS TWICE

'I guess the love of my life is acting distant'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

I don't think you can base all that much off that, windy is more than capable of that level of intellectual dishonesty. Even Lumpen is, he left bowmore off of a Lumpenlist when he was his scumbuddy and it was the main reason I thought he was town for so long in merk's game.

to be honest i don't have that high an opinion of windshipper's scum game right now, he's incredibly transparent

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah wind is obivously scum BUT ERNIE I VISTED YOU AND YOU HATED HOT DOGS

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i don't know what that means, want to wait a few hours?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

he picked up and put down his daughter for at least 6 reps

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

mr.capps posted:

yeah wind is obivously scum BUT ERNIE I VISTED YOU AND YOU HATED HOT DOGS

hes admitted to hating them irl, he is a bad person irl, but in this game he is just a person with terrible opinions

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote ix

i still don't like the insane non-logic justifications around the bandwagon period

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I don't think Ernie or wind are scum, but if I had to pick one to vote, it would be Ernie.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote ix

i still don't like the insane non-logic justifications around the bandwagon period

I clearly explained that to JakeP, read the explanation, tia. Except that you're scum so you're just doing your thing, but ya know.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

I don't think Ernie or wind are scum, but if I had to pick one to vote, it would be Ernie.
Why?

I want wind out of this game.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

yuming posted:

Why?

I want wind out of this game.

obviously ;)

but I don't think it makes him scum

I feel like wind's campaign was more sincere than Ernie's anger against wind.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Meezus posted:

I have a feeling someone will hammer me at some point out of apathy so in light of my future town flip it may help to point out that (i) I genuinely do think windshipper is scum; (ii) it's pretty telling that he is trying to walk away from his early promise that he would volunteer to be lynched D2 after my D1 lynch. Feel free to quote this later as required.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
windshipper only agreed to be lynched first if Mills would be lynched second.

Ernie tried to make a new deal where he'd get lynched after Mills, but windshipper never agreed to it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

windshipper posted:

Ok! Money will be paid after Mills is lynched on Day 2! I'd prefer Day 1 and then lynch me, but hey! You gotta compromise somewhere!

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Nobody acknowledged that post in jokephase until much later, so no deal was made.

But he has been lurking pretty bad now. Does that make you think he's scum?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the facts are these:
1. ernie is being unchill this game
2. ernie doesn't enjoy hotdogs, and wouldn't spread the love of hotdogs when i visited him last night

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think we should reactivate laserdome because that was working well until other people hosed it up

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Juanito posted:

Nobody acknowledged that post in jokephase until much later, so no deal was made.

But he has been lurking pretty bad now. Does that make you think he's scum?

He also has yet to persecute Ernie because of hot dog hating and The Happening not watching (although I don't know if he can persecute him for that now). He is being surprisingly absent for Windshipper.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Ugh you people, I guess I have to take wind off of ignore to make a case <:mad:>

I have two main reasons I think wind is scum.

(1) his tone
(2) the opportunistic changes he's made in his deal re:Mills

Disclaimer: I will not be addressing the context of said deal at all in my case or in any responses to it.

(1) his tone

windshipper posted:

:lol:

This is the weakest pile of poo poo ever.

Oh my god.

You were even in the... You're calling me scum for backing up statements and actions and following through on things I've stated to feel outside of this game before this game was even announced?

:lol:
I hate the voice behind this. The incredulous and antagonizing perspective wind has taken is anti-Town.

Since then (read: D2) wind has been apathetic. I find this combination scummy.

(2) ch-ch-ch-changes

windshipper posted:

Ok! Money will be paid after Mills is lynched on Day 2! I'd prefer Day 1 and then lynch me, but hey! You gotta compromise somewhere!
windshipper was fine here with taking a hit to take Mills out.

windshipper posted:

In any case, yuming is doing her best to push D1 along as quick as she can.

Yuming and Mills in a game (when things don't go their way) make it a mess (see - Survivor: ADTRW), vote one of those two out. I'm game for either.
I also read this as him calling me townie.

windshipper posted:

I don't believe Mills is either. I think he's just trying to argue for his life in the game and/or argue to get me lynched in the process.
Yes, he thinks we're both town.

However, he continues to want to lynch me even after Mills is out of the game and backs out of his deal after Mills was lynched.

If his only goal was truly what he stated. He should be fine with upholding his end of things. That he is now trying to strain for content shows he has incentive to stay in the game, read: is scum.

HEY READ THIS PART AT LEAST

windshipper posted:

Hello! Pinterest! I did not know you were playing in this game!

What are your thoughts on voting Mills or Yuming today? In addition, what do you read in to Ernie's posting last night?
I really hate this post and feel it is a good snapshot of my case against wind.

wind addresses Pintrest Mom, a player he forgot was in the game, to ask him his opinion on policy voting Mills or myself and his actual opinion on Ernie.

I strongly believe this is the post of a scum player trying to look like they are offering meaningful content in a game. This post was made for appearances.

There is no rhyme or reason to choosing Pintrest Mom here. If wind had a real opinion he would direct it at a player he had a read on-- not on someone he didn't know was in the game.

He's faking content.

##vote windshipper

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
~bonus~

JakeP posted:

i've done a 180 on ernie, will not vote

windshipper posted:

Why should I be lynched?

In addition... I think that the best choice for today is probably ernie. Especially for his posting yesterday. Go back and take a look to see what I meant.

Either him or Ixtlilton, but Ixtlilton is just giving me funny vibes... Though he always does. YMMV :shrug: Take a look at him and let me know what you think.
I don't like this either.

JakeP offers what could be a breadcrumb re: Ernie. wind doesn't even address it and plows along with his case.

A town player would be curious here.

wind ignoring it is suspicious and another point against him.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I would also vote for Little Mac.

He has posted very little, and what he does post is noise and scummy. Although content light, he fits a scum profile.

Little Mac posted:

hello claiming scum i am ythe trees

##vote mills :megadeath:
Scumclaim ~lol~ and easy vote.

Little Mac posted:

killing kumba is low
even for tree
Comments on NK but no analysis. Trying to look like he's engaged.

C'mon guys just read his post history.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote wind I don't want yuming to be mad at me

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am putting wind back on ignore if he makes any negative comments towards me.

Before this game started I had made a resolution to not get so invested in games and to not replace out of them unless absolutely necessary.

With survivor, I had a realization that I had been doing something fundamentally wrong in the way I approach games like this, and that this approach made something I previous really enjoyed extremely stressful for me. I joined this game to play a clean game of mafia and then got mocked about the very thing I was trying to move on from, which was just too much tbqh. I am very disappointed in involved parties for not respecting the boundaries I tried to set.

Regardless, I think wind is scum for his actions in the context of the game. I don't want to discuss this further unless it is about -this- game.

Opop, how could I be mad at you you're a sweetie~

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you're putting people on ignore you are definitely taking things too seriously

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mafia hurts me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you would never know because all the scars mafia has left on me are inside

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
We all have our boundaries.

My mafia boundaries are that I expect people not to vote me ever, and also to address me as sir.

These mafia people are a bunch of assholes. :mad:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

mr.capps posted:

mafia hurts me

Ignored.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Juanito posted:

We all have our boundaries.

My mafia boundaries are that I expect people not to vote me ever, and also to address me as sir.

These mafia people are a bunch of assholes. :mad:

Called me an rear end in a top hat. Ignored.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Dr. Hurt posted:

Called me an rear end in a top hat. Ignored.
Ignored.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i was obviously challenging you to a game of mafia

mafia: hurts, me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

If you're putting people on ignore you are definitely taking things too seriously
I know!!! I don't want to!! That's what I want to change. But I get all ooo this awful feeling when people say mean things about me :|

• Locked thread