Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
It all started with a show. Bright flashy special effects, heroes and heroines in colorful armor wielding weapons against alien invaders and worse. A kid's show right? You still remember a friend back when you were in school talking about the original series, when it was first on.
"It was originally SEIBAA SENSHI, and not actually related to the original Strike Knights series at all but Saban got the rights for the English localization and they already had the Strike Knights branding going on so they just changed some names and intercut some of the original Strike Knights footage for the villains, including from some of the episodes they couldn't air here for content reasons to make it seem like it was the same continuity."
What a dork right? I mean come on. That poo poo isn't real. There's no heroes, no aliens, no villains. Just dreary-rear end, boring life.
So why did this commercial attract your attention so much? You chose not to change the channel to another like you always did. You watched it to the end and went about your life, but, something was different.
It stuck around in your head that day, it looked good and you're not sure why. You went to sleep thinking and then dreaming of these battles, these heroes, these villains.

And woke up to an entirely new world, in a bed and a room like yours but not quite. Little touches are different, and all of you have a computer.
It's blinking.
"Welcome to the Strike Knights, you've been chosen to participate in the Shuffle Stars program. Report to the following address as soon as you can. You will be rated on timeliness."

It's been a bit since Last Stand has released and I realised fairly recently I'm dumb as hell for not running a PBP, so here it is.
CC is simple, just pick your armor and your six powers. Your six powers are going to be your 'Fold' set. This particular game is stripping out the bug-themed stuff and reskinning it all to be card-themed and as such I'm slapping in a new sorta weird mechanic. Essentially you can choose to activate your Shuffle System which will allow you to set aside your fold set and draw six new cards to use for the fight (and only that fight.) If you have to you can fold and get your original set back at the cost of a token. The Shuffle System also lets you transform enemies into cards to use their powers (and after missions integrate them into your own capabilities.) You don't ever shuffle these however.
Backgrounds don't have to be too special, but just keep in mind you guys are goddamn tokusatsu heroes, this poo poo isn't high drama.
I'll be taking 5 players by the 25th and this is a PBP.
Oh yeah, I'll be using and allowing Reinforcements stuff. Namely BASE construction and the extra armory powers: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzBGv7T2YMphclZKbE5CSV9SdEk&usp=sharing
NOTE: YOU MUST BE CARD THEMED, PICK A PLAYING CARD-RELATED PHRASE OR EVEN A SPECIFIC FACE CARD AND GO NUTS. ACE OF SPADES, WHATEVER. THEY ARE YOUR CODE NAMES.
Also, don't take social powers. They're not fantastic and you can definitely pick better stuff.

PixelScum fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

IT'S HAPPENING

Calling dibs on "Crazy 8"

The 8 of Clubs - "Crazy 8"

Name: Kasper Ruben

Kaspar doesn't pretend to understand what's happened to him. That's something to figure out later. Right now, he's the Eight of Hearts, hero of the people, warrior without compare, and kicker of giant-monster rear end. In his real life, his old life, he used to be a national guardsman with a penchant for ticking off his superiors. Smart mouth and all that. But when there's an earthquake, a flood, or a riot even, he's got your back 100%. And even if nothing makes sense anymore, there's still people to save and danger to thwart. Maybe for now, that's enough. The brass still get their boxers in a bunch just the same, besides.

Armor: Crazy Eight (Mantis)
Operative +2 Tactician +2

Runs on energy from another parallel dimension. Often summons this through 8-shaped portals.

Hidden Trump (Silent Hunter)
Standard. Spend two tokens to camouflage yourself with your surroundings. Outside of extraordinary circumstances, no human will spot you until you take overt action. This doesn’t work in battle though - the insects know how to spot you.

Infinity Blades (Elbow Blades)
Rev up some sweet-rear end chainsaws in the shape of an 8.
Standard, Melee, Wager 2. Make an attack against an enemy. On a 2
or 3, you deal that much additional damage.

Stats
Leader: 2
Disruptor: 2
Operative: 8
Tactician: 8

Powers:

1. Octet Needler (Sniper Rifle)
Operative +1, Tactician +1
The Crazy 8's custom 8-barrel firearm.
Standard, Ranged, Wager 3. Select an enemy one or two sectors away. You deal one damage to each of the enemy’s stats. If you roll a 10, you instead deal two damage to each of the enemy’s stats and win your Wager. (4 HP or 8 HP to swarms)

32. Infinity Jumper (Experimental Teleportation Process)
Operative +1 Tactician +1
Draw an 8 in the air, step through, and walk out somewhere else. Simple.
Move, Wager 3. You move two sectors this turn. If you roll a 5, you win the Wager and place yourself in any sector on the board instead.

37. Go Fish (Experimental Regeneration System)
The Crazy 8 activates its own healing factor by priming it with its enemy's energy.
Standard, Melee, Wager 1. Make an attack against an enemy. If you roll an 8, 9, or 10 you may spend three tokens to heal one point of damage.

35. Infinity Fold (The Ol' Houdini)
The Crazy 8 manages to skip off through a portal when the odds get a bit too bad.
Reaction, Wager 1. When an enemy attacks you, if you roll a 1, 2, or 3 you may move one sector after the attack resolves.

23. Infinite Draw Combo (Supply Drop)
Summon an infinite wellspring of energy from a parallel dimension.
Leader +1 Operative +1
Minor, Field Effect. Spend four tokens to place a Supply Drop effect in any sector. (Supply Drop Effect: Minor. If you are in this sector, gain one token.)

24. Zen Count (Threat Analysis System)
Disruptor +1 Tactician +1
The Crazy 8 serenely scans the enemy, and preys upon their strengths!
Standard, Ranged. Spend one token. Select one enemy or swarm in an adjacent sector. You learn their highest stat (based on the maximum score, not current) and deal one point of damage to that stat.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 19, 2014

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Codename "Deuces Wild" reporting for duty. :patriot:

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Raul "Clear Joker" Hernandez
Monologue Music/Personal Theme:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRV37dQfmA

In civilian life, Raul is a shy and gentle giant of a man, working as a children's librarian. The highlight of his week is story time, since he truly enjoy's seeing the looks of wonder on the kids' faces as he acts out all the parts. Once he dons his Strike Suit however, a much more flamboyant and outgoing personality emerges. Clear Joker can do the things Raul is afraid to do, like sing at the top of his lungs, or save a schoolbus from going over the side of a bridge. One day, Raul hopes to have the same confidence out of the Suit, as he does in it. Until then, he'll do his best to save the city and be back in time for Story Circle.

Base Armor: Hornet
Armor Name: 4-Suit Ringleader
Flight - Move freely through the air as fast as you can run
Confetti Cannon
Standard, Ranged, Wager 2. Make an attack against an enemy in an adjacent sector. On a 1 or 2, you also deal one damage to each of the enemy’s stats (or an extra 4 HP against a swarm).

Leader: 4
Disruptor: 6
Operative: 5
Tactician: 5

Powers:

27. Spade Blade-Standard, Melee, Drop d10. Make an attack
against an enemy. If you deal damage, place a
damage over time token on the enemy.

22. Diamond Force Field-Reaction. When an ally is attacked, pay three tokens to reduce an opponent’s roll by 3.

25. Club Toss-Standard, Collateral (1, 2). Select up to three enemies in your sector. You may push each enemy
into an adjacent sector.

41. Hearts Afire-Standard, Melee, Collateral (1, 2, 3). Make
an attack against an enemy. You also deal one
damage to each of an enemy’s stats.

28. Ace Strike-Standard, Ranged, Collateral (1 2 3). Select an enemy in any sector. Deal two damage to that
enemy.

29. Deuce Boost-Standard, Melee. Make an attack against an enemy. Transfer two of your tokens to an ally.

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 26, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jackie "Blackjack" Nero

Jackie has always had a thirst for danger and excitement. When she was a kid, she'd always do risky stunts on her bike, so it was no wonder she became a daredevil and stuntwoman. Also, not surprisingly, when she was selected to become a kickass superhero, she immediately accepted. Jackie is impulsive, a shoot first ask questions later type of girl. She's always the first to rush into a battlefield and the last to leave, and can sometimes lose herself in a fight. She's also fond of maybe just a little more force than absolutely necessary, because why the hell not, right? This is probably not good in terms of the collateral damage she racks up, but what's the point of having powers if you don't live a little? As a final note, never touch her motorcycle without permission. It usually ends badly for everyone involved.

Leader: 4
Disruptor: 7
Operative: 3
Tactician: 2

Armor: Cricket Ebony Jacker (D+2 L+2)

Just A Hop, Skip, And Jump! - Move. Spend three tokens to move two sectors this turn. Ignore any sector effects from the first sector you move through.

Let 'Em Know We're Coming! - Standard, Ranged, Collateral (1,2,3). Deal two damage to all enemies in an adjacent sector

Powers:

Who Cares About The Consequences?! (D+1 L+1) - Standard, Melee, Collateral (1). Move one sector. Make an attack against an enemy.

Cool, Swords! (D+1 O+1) - Standard, Melee, drop d10. Make an attack against an enemy. If you deal damage, place a damage over time token on the enemy.

Give Me Some Space! (D+1 T+1) - Standard, Collateral (1,2). Select up to three enemies in your sector. You may push each enemy into an adjacent sector.

That Was Pretty Cool, Right? (O+1 T+1) - Standard, Melee, drop d10. Make an attack against an enemy. After the attack, gain one token.

If You're Gonna Fight, Fight Big! (D+1 L+1) - Standard, Melee, Collateral (1,2,3). Make an attack against an enemy. You also deal two points of damage to that enemy.

Just Go Away, Dammit! (D+1 O+1) - Standard, Melee, drop d10. Make an attack against an enemy. After the attack, push the enemy into an adjacent sector.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 24, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jane "Calamity Jane" Shen

Get Wrecked
Look bud, I'm not sorry I put your 'bro' in traction. That motherfucker shouldn't have been talkin' poo poo about me and what I fuckin' do. Tryin' to act like just 'cause I'm a girl and he's some roidhead fuckoff that he could push me around, make fun of my team- my sport? gently caress that. He deserved the beatdown I gave him, and so will you if you don't get out of my face right now!

Yeah, you were expecting what, Chang'e? Someone all pale and nice and demure and fuckin', whatever the gently caress? You're not fuckin' getting that here. I ain't being the Pink Ranger in anybody's stupid TV show version of life. If I'm there, I'm gonna be in front, and I am gonna wrestle some motherfuckers, and you know what? I'm gonna look fuckin' amazing doing it. 'Cause I'm the fuckin' best there's ever been.

And I always will be. Because I put in the work, then I put the work-over on 'em.

Armor: Pill Bug Rapid Impact Destruction and Engagement Reactor
Disruptor +1 Leader +2 Operative +1

No, You Move
Reaction. If an attack or effect forces you to move, spend two tokens to
negate the forced movement.

Maneuver RAMDS
Standard, Collateral (1, 2, 3). Move up to two sectors. Deal two points
of damage to a single enemy in each Sector you move through.

Leader:7
Operative:2
Tactician:2
Disruptor:7

Powers:

NERD CRUSH
It’s a perfectly valid tactic to grab a bug and just squeeze until it pops. It’s also really gross.
Standard, Melee, Grapple. Select an enemy in your sector; they take 1 damage for every type of
special token you have.

BIGGEST WEAPON IS BEST WEAPON
Leader +2
With terrifying strength, you lift the enemy and wield it bodily as a weapon.
Standard, Melee, Grapple. Spend three tokens. Select an enemy in your sector. You slam it
against another enemy in your sector; they each take 1 damage, or 2 damage if the enemy you
wield is a giant invader.

Wedding Crasher
Disruptor +2
The invaders are a threat to the city. Sometimes you are, too.
Standard, Melee, Collateral (1, 2), Grapple. Select an enemy in your sector; you and that enemy
move into an adjacent sector, and that enemy takes 1 damage. If you trigger Collateral do it
again, or twice if you rolled a 2.

YOU'RE GROUNDED
Leader +2
No matter how large your enemy, you’re prepared to slam them head-first into the battlefield.
Works against anything from bugs to lizards to trains.
Standard, Melee, Wager 2, Grapple. Make an attack against an enemy in your sector. On a 9 or
10, you win the wager and slam them into the ground. Remove a field effect in your sector.

Double Down
Disruptor +2
You almost didn’t pass the psych eval for the SPN, on account of how reckless you are. They
worried about how quickly you threw yourself into danger.
Standard, Melee, Wager 1. Name one of your Grapple powers. Make an attack against an
enemy in your sector. On an 8, 9 or 10, you win the wager and may follow up with the selected
Grapple power. If you lose the wager, the enemy uses the Grapple power against you instead.

The Jump-off
It’s showy, but sometimes you need to bounce a bug off a nearby building.
Standard, Melee, Grapple. Spend three tokens. Select an enemy in your sector; move them to
an adjacent sector, and they take 1 damage. If there is a Field Effect in that sector, they take 2
damage instead.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 16, 2014

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Tito "Deuces Wild" Dufour - 2 of Diamonds

Me, I'm all about the fair fight. Mano a mano, or what have you. You think I'm a cheat? No, I'm the most fair guy on this team. I take one opponent at a time, I only strike where I need, and then once they're done I let someone else challenge me. That's how they do it in the samurai schools and whatever.

People get the wrong idea when they look at me out of my suit. They think I'm just some thug. Jeez, one minute I'm saving the world, next minute I'm caught jaywalking. Can't I catch a break? Just because I'm a good guy doesn't mean I can't be a bad boy, right?

But when I get into my DuCKS suit, I'm a lot better than they think I am. I'm... a hero, y'know? When I get suited up people look up to me, and I want them to look up at me because I'm a human goddamn being. I got morals, honor, all that. The team, they take a chance on me, and I live up to their expectations because that's the kinda guy I am. I respect my world and I respect myself. Now, just gotta get everyone else thinking that way.

Armor Beetle Duel-Capable Knight Striker (DuCKS)
Disruptor +1, Leader +2, Tactician +1

Ducks in a Row
I skewer a couple enemies on my sword and dash into a wall
Standard, Melee, Collateral 1. Attack a creature. Move yourself and any two creatures into an adjacent sector.

Be The Hero
I want to see the best out of my team, and I can't do that if they're dead.
Reaction. When an ally in your sector takes damage, spend two tokens. You take that damage instead to a stat of your choice.

Disruptor: 5
Leader: 6
Operative: 4
Tactician: 5

Fold Powers:

15. Two Men Enter, One Man Leaves
With some fancy satellites, I set up an arena for me and my challenger.
Minor, Field Effect. Spend two tokens to place a Stasis Field effect in an adjacent sector.
(Stasis Field Effect: Reaction. When a creature moves into this sector, pay two tokens to negate that movement.)

25. No Back-Up
A pulse clears out any interference between the two of us.
Standard, Collateral (1, 2). Select up to three enemies in your sector. You may push each enemy into an adjacent sector.

26. Swarovski System
This experimental energy system lets me siphon kinetic energy from my team's strikes.
Leader +1 Tactician +1
Reaction. You may pay Wager 1 or Wager 2 costs for an ally. You wager these tokens, and gain or lose them based on your ally’s results.

27. Blade of Justice
I take a bold stance to hit an enemy's vitals.
Disruptor +1 Operator +1
Standard, Melee, Drop d10. Make an attack against an enemy. If you deal damage, place a damage over time token on the enemy.

30. V for Victory
Flashing the two-finger salute before I attack lets me channel energy and vent the excess out to my team.
Leader +1 Tactician +1
Standard, Melee, Wager 2. Make an attack against an enemy. On a 2 or 3, you may split your wager earnings (four tokens) among your allies as you choose.

52. Trading Blows
I refrain from blocking to focus on hitting something as many times as I can.
Leader +1 Operative +1
Standard, Melee. Attack an enemy. Spend up to five tokens; you and the enemy each take that much damage.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 16, 2014

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Registering interest for this one, oh yes. Incoming brains dude with no honor "Courchevel".

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.

Coleridge "Cola" Sunbeamer - Jack of Hearts

Coleridge Sunbeamer got the nickname "Cola" because he is one ice cold dude...at least that's what he insists is the reason. In reality, outside of the suit, he's far more lax than his supposed title would indicate. He'd much rather go out and chill by the ocean and catch a few waves, rays, and babes than do daring stunts. He's also more than a bit dense, to be quite honest. A few more people than Cola would care to count compared him in some way to a sloth in his lifetime. Well, more like a sloth who got dunked in a vat of pink dye. Hey, it's not his fault the light makes his hair look pink! He was born like that! Still, when he gets out on the waves...something in him changes. He dares. He goes after the waves no one was crazy enough to take, for no other reason than because he could. He kept going further out and further out, until one day he thought he'd just start surfing and never come back to shore...

Then he got the call. Some superhero something or other decided of all the people in the world, they wanted him to join them. Like a lot of things in his life, Cola responded with a chilled out and dismissively accepting "sure, whatever", and off he went. He didn't care to ask why or how he was accepted, he just went. At first, he was pretty bummed out that his suit was pink as all hell, what with it matching his hair a little too well and all. He found out something that made him take it though; his sister was the one who originally held his position. It was a different suit of course, reworked and revamped to modern technological standards, but his sister was the first one wear the title of Jack of Hearts before she retired. So, he took the suit with a bit more responsibility than he thought would be possible for him to deal with. But then, as he got in, he started getting used to the idea. Eventually, he started finding out what it could do, how far it could take him up in the air, how strong it made him feel, how totally rockin' it was! Soon, he wasn't just okay with it, he dared to push it further than anyone ever had before. Now, when he gets in the suit, he's almost explosive, brash and quick with the suit in a way few other Strike Knights really could. And he loves every minute of it.

"Duuuude, ARE YOU READY GUYS?!"

Armor: Pistol Shrimp Gyroscopic Ulterior Nanofabricating Synonymous Systems "G.U.N.S.S."
Disruptor +3, Operative +1

TOTAL STATS:
Disruptor: 8
Leader: 5
Operative: 3
Tactician: 2

What? You Don't Surf?
You can breathe underwater. You also move through water at full speed.

Unlimited Gun Works *Complete With Blade Accessories
Standard, Ranged, Collateral (1 2 3). Make an attack against an enemy in an adjacent sector. That enemy receives a Stun token. If that enemy makes an attack, it loses the Stun token and takes three damage.
-----

Air Juggle BREAKDOWN!
Leader +2
Standard, Melee, Grapple. Spend three tokens. Select an enemy in your sector. You slam it against another enemy in your sector; they each take 1 damage, or 2 damage if the enemy you wield is a giant invader.

Max Payne Slow-Mo
Disruptor +1 Leader +1
Standard, Melee, Collateral (1). Move one Sector. Make an attack against an enemy.

I Make My Own Double Jump
Disruptor +1 Leader +1
Move, Collateral (1). Move two sectors.

CHARGED SHOT!
Leader +1 Tactician +1
Standard, Ranged. Spend two tokens. Make an attack against an enemy in your sector or an adjacent sector. You roll 2d12 instead of 2d10.

EMPTY THE FIGURATIVE CLIP INTO THE LITERAL HORDE OF ENEMIES!
Disruptor +1 Leader +1
Standard, Ranged, Collateral (1, 2). Make an attack against an enemy in your sector. Then make an attack against an enemy in an adjacent sector. If you damage both, they each take one extra damage.

Down Right Fierce
Disruptor +1 Operator +1
Standard, Melee, Drop d10. Make an attack against an enemy. If you deal damage, place a damage over time token on the enemy.

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 17, 2014

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
I forgot to mention, but don't take social powers. They're not great and they take away from more awesome stuff.

Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009
Coleman "Jack of Spades" Hendricks

Before being chosen to be a part of the Strike Knights Coleman Hendricks was an assistant instructor of taekwondo. He got into it at first because his parents wanted him to have an after-school activity to keep him out of trouble, at first resentful that he was being forced into giving up his afternoons he soon came to enjoy the time he spent learning the many techniques. One day one of the kids he was teaching came up to him and started telling him about Strike Knights, how one of the characters on it used taekwondo to fight and it was the reason why they'd decided to learn it.

On a whim Coleman decided to watch a few minutes of the show and see what was up with it that had so gripped the kid, without knowing it he watched it all the way through. When he fell asleep that night his dreams were filled with scenes from the show. When he woke up he discovered his room had changed slightly but was still recognizable as his, and a computer was at the end of his bed with a light flashing on it.

Armor: Eel One-eyed Royal
Disruptor +2, Leader +2

Aquatic
You can breathe underwater. You also move through water at full speed.

Volt Charge
Standard, Melee, Wager 2.
You deal one damage to all enemies in your sector. On a 1 or 2, you win the Wager and instead deal that much damage to all enemies in your sector

Disruptor: 6
Leader: 3
Operative: 6
Tactician: 4

Fold Powers:

12. Overcharge
Disruptor +1 Operative +1
Standard, Melee, Drop d10.
Make an attack against an enemy. If you deal damage, deal an additional point of damage.

27. Serrated Spines
Disruptor +1 Operative +1
Make an attack against an enemy. If you deal damage, place a damage over time token on the enemy.

28. Spike Launcher
Standard, Ranged, Collateral (1 2 3).
Select an enemy in any sector. Deal two damage to that enemy.

36. Combat Panacea
Standard, Melee, Wager 1.
Make an attack against an enemy. If you roll a 3,5 or 7 you may convert any special tokens you have into regular tokens.

31. Showoff
Make an attack against an enemy. After the attack gain one token.

50. Shockwave
Minor, Field Effect.
Spend two tokens to place an Energy Pulse effect in your sector.
(Energy Pulse Field Effect: Standard. Spend three tokens to deal one damage to an enemy in this sector and push them into an adjacent sector)

Sathzur fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Aug 21, 2014

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Richard "Opening Hand" Ryan

"You know, there's no such thing as a fair fight. You always want to act from a position in which you have the advantage. Otherwise, you run the risk of things like "losing" and "getting hurt." And that's where I come in. I'm the opening hand for a reason. The first move, the setup, that first pawn that slides across the chessboard with the implication of every other move in the game behind it. That's me.

And I do my job for this team. Sure, I'm not the one all over the place lifting cars and getting covered in gore all the time. But every time one of those giant city-destroying THINGS steps on enough high-explosive to level a city block? Every time the smoke fills up the streets and all anyone can hear is the sounds of our enemies falling? Every time the ground collapses from underneath a swarm of alien mooks and they're never seen again?

That's all me. Bending the fight to my advantage. Stacking the deck. And playing the opening hand."

Richard Ryan was a chess prodigy. A bit of an eccentric, sure, but a genius nonetheless. He's not the best at interacting with people, or being the hero, but he can always find a way out of any situation. It's all about thinking outside.

Armor: S.T.A.C.K.E.R. (Subtle Tactical Adjustment Casing - Kinetic Energy, Revised) [Moth]
+2 Disruptor, +2 Operative
Flight: You can move freely through the air, and fly about as fast as you can run.
Energy Drain: Standard, Melee, Wager 2. Make an attack against an enemy. On a 9 or 10, that enemy receives an Energy Drain token. The GM must spend one extra token whenever that enemy uses a power.

Armory Powers:

Tactical Area Denial: Disruptor +1 Tactician +1
Minor, Field Effect. Spend two tokens to create a Minefield effect in up to two adjacent sectors.(Minefield Effect: Reaction. When someone moves into a Minefield, pay two tokens to deal two damage. A creature can only be damaged by the Minefield effect once per round.)

Smoke Screen: Disruptor +1 Tactician +1
Minor, Field Effect: Spend three tokens to place a Smoke Screen in an adjacent sector.(Smoke Screen Effect: Passive. Any creature making an attack in this sector must spend one token.)

Bob and Weave: Tactician +1, Operative +1
Reaction, Wager 1. When an enemy attacks you, if you roll a 1, 2, or 3 you may move one sector after the attack resolves.

Pop Quiz, Hotshot!: Disruptor +1, Tactician +1
Reaction. When you take would take 3 or more damage at once, select a vermin in your sector. That vermin dies, and you take no damage.

Alternate Point of Entry: Leader +1 Operative +1
Minor, Field Effect. Spend three tokens to place an Underground Tunnel effect in your sector and any other sector on the field. (Underground Tunnel Effect: Anyone may move between the two sectors as if they are adjacent. They are not adjacent for the purposes of attacking.)

Getting My Hands Dirty: Operative +1, Tactician +1
Standard, Melee, Drop d10. Make an attack against an enemy. After the attack, gain one token.

Final Stats:
Leader: +2
Operative: +6
Tactician: +6
Disruptor: +5

Tempus Rimeblood fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 19, 2014

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Will think up a backstory and get a pic later. General idea is a somewhat sadsack who ends up in this weird new world with the responsibility of a hero and the armor of a walnut.

Ray "The Nuts" Finkle

Ray is an average man with two somewhat crummy jobs (part time data processing and seasonal "county highway road maintenance" - a overlong way to say "clear trash and junk from the ditches"), a small apartment, a little bit of money in the credit union (but never enough), and not much else. When he does have time and enough pocket money to relax, he heads to the local bar and plays pinball (he's rather good - there's a few tables with RGF in the top ten high store lists). Other than that, it's wake up, head to work, eat, sleep, repeat - until on a day off he caught an episode of Strike Kinghts: Shuffle Stars. Something about it hooked in his mind - kinda like the old comics his dad bought him when he was a kid. People gifted with incredible powers, fighting off great threats to protect the world.

And now...things changed. Now the apartment's a little bit bigger, and he's got a third part time job to deal with. Ray hopes he can live up to what's expected of him, and try to become the hero he's somehow (Lucked out? Chosen? Randomly picked?) to be.

Armor: Kurumi Squire Arms (or, "I'm wearing a frickin' walnut!") (Centipede Armor)
Disruptor +1 Operative +3
Hundred Legs Gotta Hustle!
Minor. Spend 2 Tokens, move into an adjacent sector
Paralyzing Poison One-Two Bell Ringer
Standard, Melee, Drop d10. Attack an enemy, if enemy takes damage, give enemy a Paralyze token. When enemy makes an attack, it takes one damage.

Powers:

Clinch (Leader +1 Tactician +1)
Standard, Melee. Select an enemy in your sector; you grab on and won’t let go. Until you make
a Standard action, you and that enemy can’t move out of your sector unless you allow it.
When that enemy makes a Standard action, you may use one of your Grapple powers against it
as a Reaction. This breaks the Clinch, and the enemy can once again move freely.

Crush (Disruptor +1 Tactician +1)
Standard, Melee, Grapple. Select an enemy in your sector; they take 1 damage for every type of special token you have.

InsectShell Shield (Disruptor +1 Tactician +1)
Reaction. When you would take 3 or more damage at once, select a vermin in your sector. That vermin dies, and you take no damage.

All Or Nothing (Disruptor +2)
Standard, Melee, Wager 1. Name one of your Grapple powers. Make an attack against an
enemy in your sector. On an 8, 9 or 10, you win the wager and may follow up with the selected
Grapple power. If you lose the wager, the enemy uses the Grapple power against you instead.

Spread Shot (Disruptor +1 Leader +1)
Standard, Ranged, Collateral (1,2). Make an attack against an enemy in your sector. Then make an attack against an enemy in a adjacent
sector. If you damage both, they each take one extra damage.

The Ol' Houdini (Operative +1 Tactician +1)
Reaction, Wager 1. When an enemy attacks you, if you roll 1,2,or 3, you may move one sector after the attack resolves.

Final Stats:
Leader: +3
Operative: +5
Tactician: +5
Disruptor: +7

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 21, 2014

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
edit: withdrawn.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 25, 2014

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Good news everyone, you've actually got til the 25th.

Edit: I was actually too tired last night but the initial Strike Knights are:

Crazy 8 - Green Intern
Clear Joker - FewtureMD
Blackjack - Waffleman
Calamity Jane - K Prime
Jack of Hearts - AlanWhats

However, RWT, Sathzur, TempusRimeblood, and Dedman Walkin you guys are all Auxiliary Strike Knights. Anyone who gets considered for the project that tests out well in the suits is still a hero. Just, not the ones with the cameras pointed at them. What this pretty much means is as the game goes on and I feel it's necessary (for example if someone drops the game or or ends up getting too injured to fight for a time) I'll be slotting in one of the Auxiliaries.

Either way, in about a day or two I'll post up the thread. I just need...sleep.

PixelScum fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 26, 2014

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Let us sing the song of our people in celebration!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMd6g9IMjA4

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Henshin-a-go-go, baby!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yTsznaB6Uw

SHUFFLE.....KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

WONDERIZE
CALAMITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjR7JZbdONs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Yo, sorry for the slow but IT BEGINS!

• Locked thread