Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not and when we all win we will laugh about this

but seriously what do you think of the fact that there are six flavor confirmed players by rarity's story and dgk and I are not two of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My stance on flavor.

Is that it is for simpletons.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

My stance on flavor.

Is that it is for simpletons.

I feel like it plays a pretty major part in the case against me

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I feel like it plays a pretty major part in the case against me

I think you saying "I am not town" is the most major part in the case against me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I think you saying "I am not town" is the most major part in the case against me.

I think you are town

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think you are town

Well you are correct.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ugh, case against you, it is 3 am I should be in bed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

what about it :coolfish:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

CCKeane posted:

This is why I live in California. Except for when I am asleep and tons of posts happen, then I am sad.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

Or worse... vote with the Mafia to end the game right after fulfilling his win condition if it's true he needs to survive to the end.

I could be convinced to vote TT if we get to the deadline without a solid discussion/agreement. But we have almost two full days to talk things through with everyone.

Punt and Bow, if you're town, now is the time to discuss your thoughts and be active, lest the talk be turned toward you.

The last scums are Taste and either Bowmore or Commatoes, game solved you're welcome. I'll gussy that up into some cases once I'm done with work today.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Vote TT e'ery day.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that nagging voice in your ear

it's the truth

telling you that I'm not the best lynch for today

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'll do commatoes and taste after this but figured I'd post this first rather than make something ridiculously long. Taste's still my first pick so my votes staying where it is fyi.

The Bowmore Case

Ok I won't bother recapping in detail how Bowmore deceived town and gets meinberg lynched and how his excuse of I technically didn't lie because I only implied and accused people who questioned it of role fishing was really weaselly, he's defended by Byers repeatedly on the basis of meta so it seems this sort of behaviour is well known enough that he'd be aware, it's also defended by Merk(scum):

merk posted:

The only way I think he's scum is if he's legitimately a Scum Tracker who followed Meinberg to Opopanax on n1, but it looks like Meinberg didn't have a targeting role. Any gambit involving faking a night action result as Scum doesn't make any sense this early in the game to me.

merk posted:

Yes, I want bowmore to full claim but feel like it is unlikely he is scum except in one instance. I'm not calling bowmore scum by asking him to full claim - I'm asking for information because apparently whatever he used yesterday to tell us Meinberg was the SK was incorrect.
Known scum goes out of his way to repeatedly dismiss the possibility of him being scum.
and by Taste(almost certainly scum too):

Tremendous Taste posted:

I could see bowmore as a threat but tbh I've seen him play this game as town a few times so I'm not ready to jump on that unless he straight up never comes back
Now I mentioned previously that I felt this could have been a gambit relying on meta to defend his actions, and given the play by Merk and Taste with their fakeclaims of vig and 3P scavenger hunter or whatever taste is meant to be, this seems to be a common theme by the scum of high risk gambling. In general Bowmore's uber lurky with very low effort - I know I've not been super active either and he say he's ill but he has a total of 7 posts that are more than 1 sentence long and that's pretty weak illness or not.
Here's a couple of things that stand out for me though:

bowmore posted:

I think TT might be Magneto
This seems like a soft bus, he doesn't vote or follow it up at all. It's like maybe he's hoping the post might give him a little cred when his scumbuddy flips or at least distance himself somewhat but he doesn't want to actually push the lynch of his bro.

bowmore posted:

I wonder if DGK is actually Raven and not Mimic
Using flavour arguments to try to cast aspersions on an uncounterclaimed doc whose protection of our cop has been verified by said cop, seems really suspect.
Bowmore's voting record:

bowmore posted:

##vote Poison Mushroom

I gots a FEEELING

bowmore posted:

##vote Meinburg

bowmore posted:

##vote Farbor getting bad vibes

bowmore posted:

##vote PMOM asking for mass claims is scummy
All town and all based on feelings or vibes or "hunches", except PMOM to be fair that is his best justified vote (the logic of it is somewhat unsound I've seen mass claims requests by town(every game I've played with capps)). This isn't scummy per say, town vote town all the time, but there's a definite lack of thought and perhaps care behind his voting behaviour.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
In addition to previous remarks about him:

The commatoes case

For someone who accused me of playing it safe and doing/saying nothing of note, he's at least as lurky if not worse and I'd also argue I've made stronger reads and cases against people and always tried to make my position on players clear each day.
Some additional things that stood out in his posting:
He starts out managing expectations and being needlessly fatalistic about being a NK target for no reason, practically begging us not to pay attention to him:

CommaToes posted:

It's been a few years since I've played this and even then only for a couple games. I'll probably be night killed day 1 or 2 so it won't last too long.
Cavalier attitude/ambivalence towards player death:

CommaToes posted:

At this point I'm up for you shooting whoever you feel like. We'll play with the aftermath then.
Similarly he actively tries to encourage a lynch not based on actual suspicion of scum/3P status:

CommaToes posted:

If we only have 2 scum left, can we just lynch Met to get him out of the game?

CommaToes posted:

Fair enough. I didn't vote Met because I think he's scum, I just think he's arrogant, irritating and not useful to town in any way.

I apologize, as that's not the point of this game.

##unvote

As for my posting with merk yesterday, all I can do is admit that I was entirely fooled. I didn't see him being scum until KB laid it out.
Has repeatedly advocated "safe" lynches, seems a scummy way of framing it like he doesn't want to lynch the people he thinks are scum but wants to pick a "safe" target as if he's preparing to excuse a town lynch prior to the flip:

CommaToes posted:

I'm not sure which lynch gives the most information, but right now this seems like a safe one.

##vote The Science of Suck

CommaToes posted:

I still think bowmore is the safest lynch, because he's just sitting by saying as little as possible.
His whole scenario analysis involved vague synopses and then worst case scenarios where basically everyone but the confirmed cop and himself are scummy. It seemed like busy work of dubious utility without actually posting who he felt was likely scum and taking responsibility for his positions.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm really tired so taste's will be a bit bargain basement:

Taste case

I think the D2 altercation with merk, seems like an attempt at distancing by them and his claim that opop only had 5 posts seems like it might be posthumous distancing on one of his other scumbros.
He has an improbably convoluted custom 3P win condition that is orders of magnitude more complex than any other role or element in the setup.
Not only does he jail the cop RBing them, but they receive flavour about doors slamming shut on their own, sounds like a thing the master of magnetism would do to jail someone not buff, half-fish beefcake man.
I think he's come up with a claim that excuses any non-town result from the cop, his ability to jail people and his use of that power in such a way to play these things off as not scummy when they really are.
I'm knackered so I'll try to finish casing taste tomorrow I need sleep.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I like your cases. Looking forward to your finalized Taste case.

If anyone else has anything to say, you've got 20 hours or less.

Votecount for Day 5

Tremendous Taste (2): CCKeane, Puntification, Met, Met
Met (0): Tremendous Taste, DGK2000, DGK2000, Tremendous Taste
bowmore (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, King Burgundy

Not Voting (6): bowmore, CommaToes, DGK2000, King Burgundy, Met, Tremendous Taste

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 16th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'll vote comma or TT tonight. Leaning Comma, personally.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
In fact, I'll ##vote CommaToes for now.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Does voting not work if it's not on it's own line?

##vote CommaToes

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Tremendous Taste (2): CCKeane, Puntification, Met, Met
CommaToes (1): Met, Met, Met

Not Voting (5): bowmore, CommaToes, DGK2000, King Burgundy, Tremendous Taste

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 16th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 52 minutes.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

Does voting not work if it's not on it's own line?

##vote CommaToes

It should work either way, maybe votefinder was just slow to update?

I'm gonna go do some shopping and then come back to work on my case of Taste.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
I'm here for a few more minutes. I might be home by deadline, but I can't be sure yet. I will cast my vote before I leave unless someone says otherwise.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If you are still only voting Comma or Met, then I'm not sure it matters too much, so go for it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to vote TT, so it looks like he'll get hung if Comma and Bowmore come back and vote for him too. Or we'll no lynch.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Actually, going to place it now as well, so that I've done my part.

##vote Tremendous Taste

Both TT and Comma are being super quiet, so maybe we are both right and they are the scum team. Guess we'll see. :)

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
The Taste-y Case

Distancing on Opop:
the SK kills opop and Taste is surprised and pretends that opop was hugely inactive d1 as opposed to being one of the few players who wasn't:

Tremendous Taste posted:

really? I could swear he wasn't in the game o_o
Except if you go through taste's d1 posts:

Tremendous Taste posted:

Uh, no I was right there too.

Tremendous Taste posted:

My never before inaccurate tone and gut read on Hurt says he's town here

Tremendous Taste posted:

marking this post
These three are all direct replies to opop, the first two arguing over his hurt alignment meta-read and discussing a separate game they were both in and the last one is particularly interesting as he points outs one of opop's posts are suspect so how could he both be noticing suspicious behaviour and also be unaware of the same player?
I think the exchanges between taste and merk and merk's vote on Taste might be distancing as well, where taste is only feigning a complete lack of understanding of the situation. However he does later go to bat in defence of merk repeatedly:

Tremendous Taste posted:

In all likelihood I think it's a higher percentage chance Met is non-town than Merk, and with a scum already gone we can afford to play conservatively.
Merk's acting weird but he's typically such a strong town player that I want to give him a chance to continue. Doubling down on an uncountered doctor isn't scummy, it's painfully so, and I find it hard to believe he'd be so brazen. Maybe that's a WIFOM :shrug:.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Are these reads or results tbc

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ok. The reason I'm asking is that last game Merk was acting what I perceived as oddly aggressive I thought he was 3p and it turned out he was town after all. That's not to say I don't value your reads, I'm just obviously hesitant to make that mistake again.
Taste gives a meta-defence of Merk to DGK, after checking whether they were reads or investigations, possibly so not to put himself in the line of fire for countering a PR result or he was fishing perhaps?

Tremendous Taste posted:

Why is marvel girl a doctor when there's moira and hank mccoy :tinfoil:

Tremendous Taste posted:

not saying you are, just one of those would make more sense from a flavor perspective as mine makes sense
These posts are interesting because he's arguing that his role/s make sense from a flavour perspective - Namor as a BP/jailer? Bulletproof I'd buy but jailer? However consider if taste was accidentally betraying the fact that the master of magnetism can stop bullets and imprison people and then that does make a lot more sense flavourwise than jean grey MD! Irrelevant Nerdery aside: My understanding is that Hank's a PhD and not an MD so he doesn't make that much sense flavourwise as doc either imo.

I'm about 22 pages into the thread and I could keep going if people want but between the inconsistency about opop, the strange behaviour between him and merk and his flavour/role admission coupled with my previous remarks about his claim I think it's pretty obvious. Pl

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 5

Tremendous Taste (3): CCKeane, Puntification, Met, Met, King Burgundy
CommaToes (1): Met, Met, Met

Not Voting (4): bowmore, CommaToes, DGK2000, Tremendous Taste

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 16th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Here is a refresh based on what we know of what people would vote for:

King Burgundy posted:

Keane: TT/NULL
KB: TT/Met
DGK: Comma/Met
Punt: TT/Comma/Bowmore
Bowmore: TT
Met: Comma, TT, Punt, Bow
Taste: Met/Comma/Keane
Comma: Bowmore/Met

So Taste will happen if Met and Bowmore follow through before the deadline.

No other lynch possible based on current things on the table. Although Comma is next closest.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I'm being quiet because I can't think of any other way I can convince you I'm town. Even with a full claim and cop investigation people are convinced I'm scum and I'm not really sure why.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out if a TT lynch or a no-lynch is the right move. I'm still not entirely convinced DKG is telling the truth with his copycatting - Who did you protect again?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CommaToes posted:

I'm being quiet because I can't think of any other way I can convince you I'm town. Even with a full claim and cop investigation people are convinced I'm scum and I'm not really sure why.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out if a TT lynch or a no-lynch is the right move. I'm still not entirely convinced DKG is telling the truth with his copycatting - Who did you protect again?

KB, then myself in an attempt to guess where a scum kill would land.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

P.S. Pmush lied about not being able to self-protect.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Also, I'm heading out now. I believe Keane's logic and Punt's case on TT, so that is where my vote is going.

##vote TT

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TT at -1.

4 and a half hours to go.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CommaToes posted:

Scum have fake claims and the last scum is likely to be a godfather, the scum role immune to cops, so no one can be cleared on those bases.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I hope you'll excuse not self voting as I don't have a dead win condition

##vote comma

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I hope you'll excuse not self voting as I don't have a dead win condition

##vote comma

I hate self voting and think it is super dumb and unhelpful to town. So thanks for not. :)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Incidentally I will accept and even thrive with a no lynch!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Incidentally I will accept and even thrive with a no lynch!

Who are you jailing if you don't get lynched?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was planning on bowmore but if a condition of letting me live is taking a Chance on finding magneto I'll do that

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I was planning on bowmore but if a condition of letting me live is taking a Chance on finding magneto I'll do that

And who would you be jailing if you were trying to find Magneto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

And who would you be jailing if you were trying to find Magneto?

Comma>Met>Keane.

• Locked thread