Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This is the OOC thread for the GURPS Dead Survival game. The players can engage in any necessary OOC talk here about aspects of the game or their characters. I only ask that the players please be mindful of separating OOC and IC knowledge and to not ask the GM for information that they should not have yet.

Recruitment thread with character sheets is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
This should make incidental OOC stuff easier to deal with.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yaaaaaaay, OOC thread.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
So, I think we're waiting for Bardlebee?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

hectorgrey posted:

So, I think we're waiting for Bardlebee?

Think so. I was gonna make a post saying that today anyway.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If they don't post soon, I'll just GM Melody's actions.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 9, 2014

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Can I roll a local knowledge check to know which station we're at and where that is?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ixtlilton posted:

Can I roll a local knowledge check to know which station we're at and where that is?

Of course. Or you could ask to look around the station for signage. Or read the post where you guys reached the station and I said "The Penn Station subway platform is visible just a hundred yards ahead."

A Local Knowledge check would let you know how this platform goes in relation to the others.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
Did you post just a little bit ago, chitoryu12? For some reason, my list of bookmarked threads says you did, but for some reason I can't actually see it. Probably something to do with the downtime earlier...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hectorgrey posted:

Did you post just a little bit ago, chitoryu12? For some reason, my list of bookmarked threads says you did, but for some reason I can't actually see it. Probably something to do with the downtime earlier...

Yeah, I did. Refresh a few times to see if it comes up.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 13, 2014

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
I could see it when I set it to only show your posts, and now that I've posted I can actually see it normally.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Is Bardlebee having a problem with his internet or something? I'm going to have to GM more actions if Melody doesn't do something of her "own will" soon.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

This is me saying I worked for a total of 11 1/2 hours today and will not be making a real post until tomorrow.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's cool. As long as I get even a short, one or two-line thing describing what people are doing I can go with that.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
When we reach an appropriate point, I'd like to try and spend a point on learning Guns - Pistol under pressure. I believe it's an IQ roll at the beginning of the next "session" that decides if I'm actually able to, but it's a little hard to divide a pbp into sessions, so...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hectorgrey posted:

When we reach an appropriate point, I'd like to try and spend a point on learning Guns - Pistol under pressure. I believe it's an IQ roll at the beginning of the next "session" that decides if I'm actually able to, but it's a little hard to divide a pbp into sessions, so...

There are rules regarding learning skills under pressure and studying, but those only apply if you don't have or want to spend your stock of points. Once you earn CP, you can spend them on whatever you need to.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I forgot to include some detail on what can be seen of Jacob's injuries, so I edited it into my latest post in the thread.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
I thought the rule was you had to spend a certain amount of IC time, and learning under pressure was a way to bypass that. If not, then I'll happily just spend the CP.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hectorgrey posted:

I thought the rule was you had to spend a certain amount of IC time, and learning under pressure was a way to bypass that. If not, then I'll happily just spend the CP.

I can't find this rule in the Basic Set at all and the only reference I've found is an SJ Games website page on a house rule for learning new skills rapidly under pressure without the extended learning time of usual study and practice.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
It's page 292 in the basic set. Learning a skill requires 200 hours of learning per CP, or else significant use during an adventure. If you used a skill at default under pressure, you may make an IQ roll in order to spend one CP to learn the skill at the GM's discretion. If you don't have any CP to spend on it, you can't do it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hectorgrey posted:

It's page 292 in the basic set. Learning a skill requires 200 hours of learning per CP, or else significant use during an adventure. If you used a skill at default under pressure, you may make an IQ roll in order to spend one CP to learn the skill at the GM's discretion. If you don't have any CP to spend on it, you can't do it.

Ah, thanks very much for that. I wish it was in the actual Skills section.

You got a critical success when I rolled IQ for you, so I'll rule that you can add up to 2 points. If you want good reference for how long a "session" is, a new one starts when I hand out CP to everyone.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 17, 2014

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
OK, cool. Yeah, it would be nice to have it in the skills section. I'll go ahead and put both points into it then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bardlebee has officially bowed out of the game.

• Locked thread