Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Seriously, TT, if you jailed me I'd be happy.

If you wanted to achieve your victory condition, however, you'd be better off with someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 5

Tremendous Taste (4): CCKeane, Puntification, Met, Met, King Burgundy, DGK2000
CommaToes (2): Met, Met, Met, Tremendous Taste
Met (0): Tremendous Taste, DGK2000, DGK2000, Tremendous Taste
bowmore (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, King Burgundy

Not Voting (2): bowmore, CommaToes

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 16th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT

Two and a half hours left.

You decided on what you want Comma? Met/Bowmore, you guys alive? You've both said that TT is a target for you.

If all three of you want a no lynch, then so be it. But I'd love it if you at least said so in the thread when you make that call.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oooh. We're -1. Mmmm.

CommaToes posted:

I'm being quiet because I can't think of any other way I can convince you I'm town. Even with a full claim and cop investigation people are convinced I'm scum and I'm not really sure why.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out if a TT lynch or a no-lynch is the right move. I'm still not entirely convinced DKG is telling the truth with his copycatting - Who did you protect again?

Because Godfather's are immune to investigations. I hope you die tomorrow.

##vote Tremendous Taste

:redhammer:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

Camp Anadyr
Artemisa, Cuba
October 23, 1962

The sky was a deep glow of red as the sun set over the Cuban landscape. The grass swayed under the gentle breeze. All was quiet. All was still. In the command centre of Camp Anadyr, Erik Lehnsherr sat and waited. In front of him lay an array of armed nuclear missiles. In his hand he held the power to level Western civilization. Yet still he waited. He began to feel a telltale tickle in the back of his skull. It was time.

'Charles,' he thought, 'You must know I can sense your presence. You've done this so many times before.'

'It was not my desire to hide, Erik.' He heard the voice of his former friend, though no one was close to say the words.

'Then why have you come?'

'To beg you. Stop this madness, old friend.'

'If I stop, will they? Will they stop hunting us? Will they stop hating us?'

'In time, I believe so. They say that the biggest change starts with the smallest step.'

Erik allowed himself a grim smile. 'That was always the difference between you and me, Charles. You can't help but believe in a better world; I have to live in this one.'

'Then you leave me no choice. If you won't stop this then I will.'

'I would expect no less... old friend.'

The door to the silo burst off the hinges, sent flying by a familiar crimson ray. Not a second later, the remnants of the X-Men followed. Only three were left. They had suffered dearly. “Yes, Charles!” Erik exclaimed, “Send me your best!” He tore three girders from the ceiling and sent them flying into Angel, wrapping them around him tightly.

“It's too much weight!” Angel shouted, “I can't fly!”

“Allow me to remedy that problem.” Erik threw the girders back against the far wall, knocking Angel out cold. The next thing he knew he was being enveloped in a torrent of hail and snow. He was caught in the centre of a localised blizzard, courtesy of Iceman.

“Try getting out of that one, Mags!” he yelled.

“A simple matter,” Erik replied, waving the snow from his face, “When water can be ionised.” He gathered up all the ice that had been sent his way, formed it into a giant club and hurled it back at his foe. The frozen lad fell to the ground hard.

“Did you forget about someone?” Erik whirled around to find Cyclops staring him dead in the face, his hand already rising to his visors.

“No, but maybe you forgot about my magnetic force field.” Cyclops's optic blast bounced harmlessly off the force field and up to the ceiling, blowing a hole in the roof.

“This is for Jean! This is for Pietro! This is for everyone who suffered from your crimes!” He punctuated each sentence with another blast. Even behind the force field, Erik was being pressed back.

“Is that the best you have to offer, stripling? Is that the best of the X-Men? Have you no-one else that can stop me?”

“Yeah.” The voice came from behind him. “Me.”

He whirled around and turned straight into an explosion. His ribs cracked as he crashed into one of the vast control computers. He shook his head, clearing his vision just in time to see Cyclops run towards a figure shrouded in black.

“Alex!” he said, “You came back!”

“You think I was going to miss this fight?” the other replied. “Let's finish this.”

The Summers brothers advanced on him, letting rip with optic blasts and plasma bursts. He tried to block their advance, flinging every scrap of metal he could find in their way but it was no good. He was too weak. His powers were spent. He collapsed to the floor weakly. He had failed.

“It's over, Magneto. You're finished.” Cyclops stood over him, his eyes burning red with passion. Erik looked up into them and for the first time in a long time he knew fear.

'Enough, Scott!' Charles's telepathic message echoed around the silo. 'This will not bring you the peace you crave.' Erik's eyes were locked on his hands, hands that trembled as they rose towards his visor. His lip curled back in a snarl. The moment hung in the air for what felt like eternity. And then he slumped his shoulders and dropped his hand.

“You're right, Professor,” he said. “Let's take him to the authorities.”

Havok dragged Erik to his feet. He went along with it willingly. What else was there to do? He had been defeated. He was not one to scurry and hide like a rat. “Good luck launching those nukes now,” Havok gloated.

The fools. They still didn't realise. He would never have fired the missiles. Destroying the Western world would lead to mutant persecution for centuries. No, he had only been interested in the threat. Another week and the U.N. would have capitulated to any demands. They would never have dared to call his bluff. Mutants would have known peace.

'But still,' he thought, 'Hope is not yet lost. Not while one walks free. The Brotherhood may yet have it's day.' It was a cold comfort.

Tremendous Taste a.k.a. MAGNETO, Brotherhood Jailer/1-Shot Bulletproof has been lynched on D5. It is now N5. You have 24 hours to submit your night actions.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

Camp Anadyr
Artemisa, Cuba
October 24, 1962

The figure walked along the gangway towards the command centre. The signs of the X-Men's battle with Magneto still littered the silo. Magneto himself had been taken into custody, remanded in a plastic cell specifically designed to contain his powers. The X-Men yet lingered, ensuring the base was returned safely to the Soviets. They thought the battle was over. Their defences were down. The figure smiled as they traced their hands over the launch computer.

“For homo superior.”

quote:

Times Square
New York City, NY
October 24, 1962

“My name is Stan Kirby, reporting to you live from New York City where the strees are still in chaos after the nuclear explosion that appeared in the sky during the night. It appears that the incident was the result of a missile launched from Camp Anadyr, a Soviet base located in northern Cuba. Reports indicate that prior to the launch, the base was the site of a large-scale conflict between the X-Men and the mutant terrorist known as Magneto. It is not yet known whether the instigator of the launch was Magneto, the X-Men or the Soviets themselves. What is known is that the city only lives due to the brave actions of one young man. Calvin Rankin, a super-powered teen, spotted the approaching missile and with no thought for his own life flew straight into danger. This hero managed to divert the missile's path from New York City, taking it high into the atmosphere where detonation occurred without loss of life, save for Rankin himself. While the country writhes in uncertainty, one thing is clear. Calvin Rankin gave his life for us all. He will be remembered.”

DGK2000 a.k.a. MIMIC, X-Men Copycat was killed on N5. It is now D6. With 6 alive its 4 votes to lynch. The deadline is August 19th, 9pm EST.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ghost: I will maintain my logic was sound! :ghost:

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Alright, I know I'm a lynch target today. I'd just like to say that if I WERE scum, I wouldn't kill the person who opened the case on me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CommaToes posted:

Alright, I know I'm a lynch target today. I'd just like to say that if I WERE scum, I wouldn't kill the person who opened the case on me.

You'd kill the doc for your best chances.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Met posted:

You'd kill the doc for your best chances.

You're reaching, bud.

If you want to vote me today, you're free to do so. I think your time would be better used finding scum, personally.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CommaToes posted:

You're reaching, bud.

If you want to vote me today, you're free to do so. I think your time would be better used finding scum, personally.

If you were Mafia, killing the doc would probably be your best bet. I don't see how that's reaching.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Fair enough. And I did ask who he protected yesterday, so it actually is a better night kill than I realized if they're trying to both get rid of the doc and make me look suspicious.

So, I that list TT said earlier is now suspect. Cyclops was on that list before bowmore claimed (although it could have been a good guess, but at that point only joke flavour claims were made and the only flips we saw for for lesser known characters.)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yay! Magneto is dead. Boo! DGK is dead.

I researched poorly last night, so no new insights. My thought process was, if the last one is a godfather, I won't be able to detect them anyway, and the Scum teams claims have been kind of crazy. So I investigated DGK. You all know the results.

I'm feeling like Bowmore is the best vote for today. He's never been helpful to town, the one time he has said something reasonable:

bowmore posted:

I think TT might be Magneto

Seems like it was just a shot at distancing before the end since it seems like it was the end anyway. Note that he vanished and didn't vote despite saying that, possibly hoping people wouldn't vote in time and it would be a no lynch. I also like Punt's case on Bowmore.

I'll give people a little bit to try and sway me to another vote, but I'm pretty sure Bowmore is my target today.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CommaToes posted:

Fair enough. And I did ask who he protected yesterday, so it actually is a better night kill than I realized if they're trying to both get rid of the doc and make me look suspicious.

So, I that list TT said earlier is now suspect. Cyclops was on that list before bowmore claimed (although it could have been a good guess, but at that point only joke flavour claims were made and the only flips we saw for for lesser known characters.)

The list is another reason I suspect Bowmore, but note that Angel was on the list before reveal as well, so going purely off his fake flavor, Punt would also be suspect. :shrug:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CommaToes posted:

You seem to be forgetting Poison mushroom had both claimed/flipped Jean Grey and pinmom had claimed beast before Taste made that list.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

King Burgundy posted:

The list is another reason I suspect Bowmore, but note that Angel was on the list before reveal as well, so going purely off his fake flavor, Punt would also be suspect. :shrug:

The list.... that TT provided.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

King Burgundy posted:

Punt is my guess for today and here is why:

TT's list doubled up on Angel/mastermind and that was the only line to do so, and we know scum have fake claims. So it would have been a set up there that if punt is investigated TT could claim to have received the points from Angel, while Punt is really mastermind or whatnot. Additionally look at the reaction to my suggestion of a no vote, TT jails Punt situation. Both are clearly in favor.

I'm not going to die on this hill like I did for TT, but I do believe Punt is the best vote for today.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
We know they have fake claimed but we don't know if they were given fake claims? :shrug:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Met posted:

We know they have fake claimed but we don't know if they were given fake claims? :shrug:

That's true, but it's a ludicriosly good wager that scum had fake claims.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

The list.... that TT provided.

Right, don't you understand the connection? He made up the list. Theoretically he would have made it based on what he knew or figured would potentially be revealed, so as not to out himself as being wrong.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

TT's list doubled up on Angel/mastermind and that was the only line to do so, and we know scum have fake claims. So it would have been a set up there that if punt is investigated TT could claim to have received the points from Angel, while Punt is really mastermind or whatnot. Additionally look at the reaction to my suggestion of a no vote, TT jails Punt situation. Both are clearly in favor.

I'm not going to die on this hill like I did for TT, but I do believe Punt is the best vote for today.

That is a really good read. I can see it. Why do you think Bowmore isn't scum though?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Right, don't you understand the connection? He made up the list. Theoretically he would have made it based on what he knew or figured would potentially be revealed, so as not to out himself as being wrong.

Yeah, he posted the list pretty early and since the claim was unforced I'd wager that he planned for possibilities of getting caught with that.

Also TT that was a gutsy move and I respect it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, he posted the list pretty early and since the claim was unforced I'd wager that he planned for possibilities of getting caught with that.

Also TT that was a gutsy move and I respect it.

Agreed. :)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

That is a really good read. I can see it. Why do you think Bowmore isn't scum though?

I wouldn't be surprised if bowmore was scum, but I have a stronger feeling on punt. I think bowmore iscloser to town that didn't play much and made bad decisions.

I'd like to look at yesterday's play again and see if I can pick anything up there. I think the last scum would have been really reluctant to vote TT, and wouldn't have moved onto him until the writing was really on the wall. Off hand, this would make Met a possibility I think.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if bowmore was scum, but I have a stronger feeling on punt. I think bowmore iscloser to town that didn't play much and made bad decisions.

I'd like to look at yesterday's play again and see if I can pick anything up there. I think the last scum would have been really reluctant to vote TT, and wouldn't have moved onto him until the writing was really on the wall. Off hand, this would make Met a possibility I think.

Sure. And Comma, and Bowmore.

The one thing making me give Punt the benefit of the doubt is he rode TT hard with you for most of the day. I was third vote, DGK was fourth. Met, Comma, and Bowmore were the holdouts. I felt like that gave weight to my already scummy read of Bowmore.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Tremendous Taste posted:

Magneto/Xavier 5
Cyke/Juggernaut 4
????? <---- I think this is our mystery SK 3
Jean/Angel/Mastermind 2
Polaris/Toad 1
Every row but the SK is doubled up?

So in favour I ruined it by telling KB my flavour almost immediately afterwards.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Puntification posted:

Every row but the SK is doubled up?

So in favour I ruined it by telling KB my flavour almost immediately afterwards.

The Jean/Angel/Mastermind row is tripled up, sorry.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
On the subject of flavor:

Red Raven (Asiina) - 1968
The Cobalt Man (Byers) - 1967
Quicksilver - (Farbror) - 1964
Polaris (Mein) - 1968
Changeling (mr.capps) - 1967
Marvel Girl (Poison) - 1963
Ka-Zar (Suck) - 1965
Beast (PMom) - 1963
Juggernaut (Merk) - 1965
Toad (Opop) - 1964
Sentinel (Hurt) - 1965
Cyclops (Bow) - 1963
Havok (CCK) - 1969
Scarlet Witch (Comma) - 1964
Xavier (KB) - 1963
Iceman (Met) - 1963
Angel (Punt) - 1963
Mimic (DGK) - 1966

By date of introduction, Havok is the odd one out being the latest introduced (1969).

Living Claims
Angel
Iceman
Xavier
Havok
Cyclops
Scarlet Witch

So let's go ahead and remove the original 6.

Havok
Scarlet Witch

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were introduced pretty early on (March '64) and Quicksilver was in this game on the X-Men side. Hell, Polaris was in here and I never heard of her before.

I think CCKeane has been pulling a fast one on us all game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
But honestly, it could be one of four people and I wouldn't be surprised any way it turns out to be.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Met posted:

On the subject of flavor:

Red Raven (Asiina) - 1968
The Cobalt Man (Byers) - 1967
Quicksilver - (Farbror) - 1964
Polaris (Mein) - 1968
Changeling (mr.capps) - 1967
Marvel Girl (Poison) - 1963
Ka-Zar (Suck) - 1965
Beast (PMom) - 1963
Juggernaut (Merk) - 1965
Toad (Opop) - 1964
Sentinel (Hurt) - 1965
Cyclops (Bow) - 1963
Havok (CCK) - 1969
Scarlet Witch (Comma) - 1964
Xavier (KB) - 1963
Iceman (Met) - 1963
Angel (Punt) - 1963
Mimic (DGK) - 1966

By date of introduction, Havok is the odd one out being the latest introduced (1969).

Living Claims
Angel
Iceman
Xavier
Havok
Cyclops
Scarlet Witch

So let's go ahead and remove the original 6.

Havok
Scarlet Witch

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were introduced pretty early on (March '64) and Quicksilver was in this game on the X-Men side. Hell, Polaris was in here and I never heard of her before.

I think CCKeane has been pulling a fast one on us all game.

And this is one of the many, many reasons I hate flavor arguments.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

With TT's flip, flavor is dead.

:(

I love flavor arguments, but they are useless now. Note that all of the remaining characters claimed have been utilized in Rarity's stories.

We have to do this based on real poo poo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Puntification posted:

I'm ok with doing this.

This is Punt's response to my original idea.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Actually looking at it again, I think you may be right with regards to bowmore.

I still think Punt over bowmore.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

This is Punt's response to my original idea.

Him agreeing to your idea doesn't make him scum. Even though I thought the idea was not good, it wasn't blatantly obvious. Also keep in mind within 3 hours from then he'd claimed and voted for Taste.

I'm not saying its impossible, I'm just not seeing him as the most obvious target. Bowmore is the most obvious to me.

What does everyone else think?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

The Jean/Angel/Mastermind row is tripled up, sorry.

Your argument still doesn't make sense, there's no need for it to match up - he wasn't getting points from jailing people and if we were scum together he could have just said the number he assigned to my fakeclaim since he was making it up anyway.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

-Bow has never had a final vote on a Mafia.
-Comma has hammered a Mafia, but didn't even vote on Day 5 when he could have easily tagged in.
-Punt was on Merk pretty early on. Not to mention he helped lynch TT.

Bow is my only target without any positives to his name.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Puntification posted:

Your argument still doesn't make sense, there's no need for it to match up - he wasn't getting points from jailing people and if we were scum together he could have just said the number he assigned to my fakeclaim since he was making it up anyway.

Yes, that's my point. He could say "oh I got 3 points Punts angel claim is legit but that dastardly mastermind goes unnoticed!"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Met please put "Keane shot magneto" on your list, because I shot magneto.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Yes, that's my point. He could say "oh I got 3 points Punts angel claim is legit but that dastardly mastermind goes unnoticed!"

Punts point, which is good, is that he could say that regardless. He could say anything he wanted to confirm anything he wanted. Since it was all made up. Didn't matter where anyone was on the list. :)

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

I'm not sure what point you are making then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I hate to keep flavor around, but it would be PRETTY odd to not have Cyclops in this game, wouldn't it?

• Locked thread