Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hey hurt, gimme opinions!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi gang
time to relive a classic dick tracy arc

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ixtlilton posted:

Also, there's a poster in CineD named Magic Hate Ball who has a custom title with "Quiet or papa spank." in it or something.

Oh, I thought you were sending me a coded BSS message. It's the title of the funny panels thread, from a silver age batman story

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Hi! Hello! Hi! I am here now! Does anyone have any questions?!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

windshipper posted:

Hi! Hello! Hi! I am here now! Does anyone have any questions?!
Make opinion words not about Ernie or myself.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

I am afraid I cannot! I have been instructed to demand of Ernie why it is that the simple hotdog, one of the greatest handheld foods ever known to mankind, cannot be deemed as food! It is in fact food! It provides sustenance in such a simplistic yet eloquent form! It is the basis of the 10th best food in the world: The corndog!

To declare it as terrible is heresy and scummy!

In addition! The fact that it was declared that Ernie hated hotdogs before Ernie had ever stated that he hated hot dogs is grounds for declaring Ernie even scummier!

LET THE JURY NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

Mr.Capps came into this thread and declared that Ernie hated hotdogs.

mr.capps posted:

ERNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WHY DO YOU HATE HOTDOGS

mr.capps posted:

COULD IT BE
COULD IT BE

BECAUSE
YOU
ARE
A
TREE

This is clearly a result of night actions.

To clarify, Capps also makes clear how and why he says this:

mr.capps posted:

the facts are these:
1. ernie is being unchill this game
2. ernie doesn't enjoy hotdogs, and wouldn't spread the love of hotdogs when i visited him last night

A thing that Ernie himself backed up by stating the following:

Ernie. posted:

I am not, but I was visited by something related to hot dogs

I don't know what hot dogs have to do with the movie and you said you're a hot dog SK

This is both an admission of what Capps has said as well as a dismissal of it by declaring he doesn't know what's going on (that is the subtext - therefore it also works towards downplaying what capps has said).

This is further reinforced by this:

Ernie. posted:

also, capps not only do i not know what a tree is, but i also don't know what a hot dog is

And also this:

Ernie. posted:

seriously i have no loving idea what you're talking about, i saw a rambling man talking about hot dogs visit me yesterday

i am actually the con man

I ask anyone here to replay all of this against what Ernie did yesterday. Specifically this post:

Ernie. posted:

and in fact, i don't think opop would be so bullish with saying he'll lurk

but you'd be bullish with 'convictions'

##vote windy

That post there is full of such bullshit (like trying to argue that Opop WOULDN'T lurk and openly say he'll lurk on D1? Ernie knows better than that).

In addition, he tries to argue that I would not follow through on convictions that I had stated with regards to not liking mills (convictions I had made clear a few days before the game started) and that me following through on convictions that I, again, had made clear a few days before the game started, makes me scum.

to conclude and to reinforce:

##vote Ernie

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Anyone who has seen the Happening would understand the importance of the simple hotdog... Yet Ernie claims to not. Even if he had not seen the movie, contextual clues within this thread and the mafia discussion thread (which he frequents and had frequented during that type of discussion, if I remember correctly) would clarify the importance with him.

This reads to me as a face he is putting on in order to try and make himself seem less scummy in lieu of his actions and mr.capps' night actions surrounding him.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I should have probably paid more attention to capps..

##vote Ernie

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I refuse to read cases about hotdogs >:|

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

yuming posted:

This is not a case about hotdogs.

This is a case about actions and reactions as well as false reactions to actions others take.

Yuming, are you scum as well?

Oh the irony. :allears:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

I didn't think you were to start with, but your actions around Ernie being scummy and all (and declaring him without a doubt not scummy) and then your reaction to this whole capps hot dog thing....

:allears:

I mean, I just wanted you and/or mills voted out originally because personal reasons, but man if ernie is scum and I'm damned certain he is... :allears:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I don't really think yuming is. I think if she were scum, she'd consider your case.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I haven't seen the happening, idk the significance of hot dogs and I'm annoyed with you.

Bad combo for reading long cases atm!!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Juanito posted:

I don't really think yuming is. I think if she were scum, she'd consider your case.

Fair point, probably true.

It's just soooo peeeeerfeeeect thooouuuughhhh :allears:

And to be fair, it's not even that she didn't consider it...

yuming posted:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

yuming posted:

I haven't seen the happening, idk the significance of hot dogs and I'm annoyed with you.

Bad combo for reading long cases atm!!

You may be annoyed with me, but I'm not trapped in this game with you... You're trapped in this game with me.

Exert that control over your circumstances, sister!

Fight the power!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

In addition, I do declare that anyone who does not enjoy a hotdog simply does not know how to eat a hotdog! Some of the greatest culinary creations known to mankind are by means of the hotdog! They are a versatile food yet one that can stand alone by itself if need be. Toppings can be added, of any sort (chili, onions, grilled onions, ketchup, mustard (of nearly any kind!), relish... the list goes on!) until it is suitable for the tastes of that person!

To declare it disgusting is simply closeminded and silly!

Or should I say...

:sun: ~*~*~silly~*~*~ :sun:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Best hotdog is with chopped tomato, avocado and mayo.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
objectively wrong. any hotdog that does not include cream cheese is by definition incapable of being the best hotdog

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

uranus posted:

objectively wrong. any hotdog that does not include cream cheese is by definition incapable of being the best hotdog

What about pepperjack cheese?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

~*~*the silence*~*~ at the idea of Ernie. being scum is deafening!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

somebody replace out

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

somebody replace out

~*~*~*~*~*~ooooh nooooo~*~*~*~*~*~*~ he's going to vote me for the sake of his buddy! don't do it!!!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

windshipper posted:

~*~*~*~*~*~ooooh nooooo~*~*~*~*~*~*~ he's going to vote me for the sake of his buddy! don't do it!!!!!

not everything is about you mate I just died in my big game

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Someone else send Asiina a role PM, then laugh at her.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Meezus posted:

:munch: :laugh: :munch:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm still waiting for my exit interview PM. :allears:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Meezus posted:

I'm satisfied with my last contribution tyvm.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

I should have probably paid more attention to capps..

##vote Ernie
Tell me why you made this vote.

wind's flavor/hotdog/night action/whatever argument is a bunch of fluff and it's Not Good Casework.

Which just leaves that big case as a him trying to make what he's already said into more than it is.

It's a bad and scummy case.

I am suspicious of Juanito for voting with it in this fashion unless he has a good explanation.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
This game has completely stalled out so I ask that players either choose one of the two to vote out wind, choose wind <OR> make an actual case.

It will be greatly appreciated.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Votecount for Day 2

windshipper (4): yuming, Ernie., Ixtlilton, yuming, yuming, Opopanax
Ernie. (3): mr.capps, windshipper, windshipper, windshipper, Juanito
Ixtlilton (1): Pinterest Mom

Not Voting (3): Dr. Hurt, JakeP, Little Mac

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 17th, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 22 minutes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote ix

i still don't like the insane non-logic justifications around the bandwagon period
Oh dear me how did I miss this.

Ix is a possibility today and in the future. I strongly want to assert this-- this vote needs to be considered as I can corroborate where it may come from.

PM tell me more about Ix. Do you just like have this ~feeling~ about him. Tell me before deadline please and maybe we can swing it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't know. Windshipper's case on Ernie isn't horrible. I'd be more inclined to vote for Ernie or Ix than Wind. Why would we vote for Wind?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yuming posted:

Oh dear me how did I miss this.

Ix is a possibility today and in the future. I strongly want to assert this-- this vote needs to be considered as I can corroborate where it may come from.

PM tell me more about Ix. Do you just like have this ~feeling~ about him. Tell me before deadline please and maybe we can swing it.

Oh my god what is this.

Outing two town power roles in a single post?

##vote yuming

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

yuming, you just said in a post that you thought I was town, not to mention that I literally claimed miller my first post of the game.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ixtlilton posted:

yuming, you just said in a post that you thought I was town, not to mention that I literally claimed miller my first post of the game.
I got excited about a thing!

I wanted to understand what happened.

PM why are you voting Ixi. Did you remember he was a miller?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Okay so clearly yuming tracked or rolecopped me last night and knows that I have a power role and/or targeted Ix.

I really haven't been pushing Ix hard today, though, just left a stray vote, so I don't have an incriminating result. That should be obvious. So there's no pro-town reason to out not one, but two power roles in a single post while fishing for a result that is only potentially incriminating.

My working theory is that yuming/Ix are scum buddies, and yuming thinks that what I found on Ix is incriminating and is trying to distance herself.

I'd be open to jumping back to Ix if we're not sure and think that yuming might just be town who did a bad post and want to preserve her power role.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yuming posted:

I got excited about a thing!

I wanted to understand what happened.

PM why are you voting Ixi. Did you remember he was a miller?

I was just voting Ix because I thought their posting was really fake and insincere :shobon:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pinterest Mom posted:

Okay so clearly yuming tracked or rolecopped me last night and knows that I have a power role and/or targeted Ix.

I really haven't been pushing Ix hard today, though, just left a stray vote, so I don't have an incriminating result. That should be obvious. So there's no pro-town reason to out not one, but two power roles in a single post while fishing for a result that is only potentially incriminating.

My working theory is that yuming/Ix are scum buddies, and yuming thinks that what I found on Ix is incriminating and is trying to distance herself.

I'd be open to jumping back to Ix if we're not sure and think that yuming might just be town who did a bad post and want to preserve her power role.

That's a stupid theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Well dammit!!

I thought I saw something important but forgot relevant circumstances.

I think it was worth it though because I think PM seems sincere here. I will take bad moves if they result in salient moments from which I can make reads from, I guess.

Better than what we had, right? (I am just excusing my silliness but seriously it's nice to make a read off something new.)

• Locked thread