Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Yeah. The move says that tokens count as strings. The opposite is not necessarily true.

I'm pretty sure that this is so they're affected by moves that work off how many strings you have on someone, or cause you to lose strings, though. Hex casting is generally more useful than regular string effects.

EDIT:

quote:

One of the others caught you rummaging through their
friend’s stuff, but kept quiet. They get a String on you.

So, that Tyler kid. Pretty hot, in a girly kind of way. Seems alright, when he's not sounding completely pretentious. Also? Dirty shameless sneak thief. No joke! Saw him going through some chick's bag once while she wasn't paying attention once. He saw me watching, too. I guess I could have ratted him out, but I don't want to get a reputation as a snitch or anything. So instead I just kind of grinned at him.

Who knows, maybe having one over on him will pay off one day.

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

ActingPower posted:

Hey, Godfish, crazy thought. Maybe Andy Nair and Alan Walker are the same person? I'm willing to rename my backstory character to yours if you don't mind.

I haven't mentioned it, but is Stephanie Myer's name just coincidentally similar to the writer of Twilight (Stephenie Meyer)?

Anita's last name is Morrissey.

Yeah, they're practically the same person already. I don't care which name we go with though, I just threw a couple together.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Considering my guy has the last name of a hair removal product, let's go with yours. :v:

Gazetteer posted:

So, that Tyler kid. Pretty hot, in a girly kind of way. Seems alright, when he's not sounding completely pretentious.

...Huh. Okay. Thanks for the (somewhat flattering) characterization. :)

ActingPower fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 17, 2014

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
So something that got raised, and that had slipped my mind: Because this is a fancy prep school, there will be uniforms! Nothing too fancy - a white shirt and slacks, with a blue blazer and tie. Ladies get the choice of a skirt instead of slacks. There just so happens to be a store in town that specializes in selling uniforms!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

AdjectiveNoun posted:

a white shirt and slacks, with a blue blazer and tie.

:catstare:

Slacks please.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Non-standard overlength skirt and haphazardly loose tie for Jenny, thanks.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Sarah will have hand me down stuff from the thrift store, I'll let you decide if she gets worn slacks or old fashioned skirts :ohdear:

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Lily likely will need to constantly be reminded to tuck in her shirt, tighten up her tie, and button her shirt up all the way. Also non-uniform shoes. Skirt or slacks is going to vary by the day.

You don't understand you can't keep her penned in with your RULES and your TIES she's an INDIVIDUAL.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Gazetteer posted:

Lily likely will need to constantly be reminded to tuck in her shirt, tighten up her tie, and button her shirt up all the way. Also non-uniform shoes. Skirt or slacks is going to vary by the day.

You don't understand you can't keep her penned in with your RULES and your TIES she's an INDIVIDUAL.

Tyler, by contrast, will probably be dressed impeccably every day. He wants to put forth a good face, after all, to try and win people over. If there were anything he would do off, he'd probably wear darker blue than regulation. He might, depending on the day, also do the mascara/eyeliner goth thing. Are there any regulations about boys wearing makeup? :ohdear:

ActingPower fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 18, 2014

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

If Lily can go around with neon hair and loving snake bite lip piercings then I think he'll probably be okay.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Yeah, I imagine even dressed up in shabby clothes, she is going to be her punk chic about it (where are my buttons)

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Gazetteer posted:

If Lily can go around with neon hair and loving snake bite lip piercings then I think he'll probably be okay.

True. Though you may walk in on the first day and be sent straight to the principal for those. :cheeky:

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
So we still need one backstory thing from Jenny and one from Lem, and then we can start highlighting stats and I can start working on the IC thread!

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Okay, gonna confirm on the connection with Shelly. It was that or Sam and I think this style works a teensy bit better for the triangle.

Jenny watches a lot of people, but Shelly's especially intriguing. Sort of came out of nowhere there.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

AdjectiveNoun posted:

So something that got raised, and that had slipped my mind: Because this is a fancy prep school, there will be uniforms! Nothing too fancy - a white shirt and slacks, with a blue blazer and tie. Ladies get the choice of a skirt instead of slacks. There just so happens to be a store in town that specializes in selling uniforms!

I was hoping for uniforms. And the colors are close enough.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

zachol posted:

Okay, gonna confirm on the connection with Shelly. It was that or Sam and I think this style works a teensy bit better for the triangle.

Jenny watches a lot of people, but Shelly's especially intriguing. Sort of came out of nowhere there.

Hey, could you confirm me having a sympathetic token of yours? What's something that, though valuable, you wouldn't miss horribly?

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

ActingPower posted:

Hey, could you confirm me having a sympathetic token of yours? What's something that, though valuable, you wouldn't miss horribly?

Oh whoops, sorry!

Neat little hairtie thing, little wooden beads on a sort of scrunchie. Jenny was going ponytail but lost ("lost"?) it, now she just wears her hair loose. She tends not to form attachments to things, but she cared enough that she noticed it, and hasn't replaced it.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

ActingPower posted:

Tyler, by contrast, will probably be dressed impeccably every day. He wants to put forth a good face, after all, to try and win people over. If there were anything he would do off, he'd probably wear darker blue than regulation. He might, depending on the day, also do the mascara/eyeliner goth thing. Are there any regulations about boys wearing makeup? :ohdear:

Why you gotta front on Lem's impeccability constantly? God, there's something you can steal: his STYLE.

Drops the mic and walks out, hands in the air.

But yeah, Lem has with him one (1) item of some sentiment: a silver necklace with an ornamental unicorn horn.

It's kept him safe longer than he's ever known. Just try and take it.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Rather Watch Them posted:

Why you gotta front on Lem's impeccability constantly? God, there's something you can steal: his STYLE.

Drops the mic and walks out, hands in the air.

But yeah, Lem has with him one (1) item of some sentiment: a silver necklace with an ornamental unicorn horn.

It's kept him safe longer than he's ever known. Just try and take it.

That ugly thing? How could anyone miss it?

EDIT: Argh rargh rargh, yet another rant.

ActingPower fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 18, 2014

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Okay, all strings are done. Shelly and Jenny still need to pick seats, if they have any preferences where they sit. As for highlights, because we have so many ties...

Tyler highlight one of Sam's stats,
Lem highlight one of Sarah's
Sam highlight one of Shelly's

Lily highlight one of Tyler's
Hiroko highlight one of Jenny's
Jenny highlight one of Lily's
Sarah highlight one of Lem's
Shelly highlight one of Hiroko's.

I'll start working on a first post for the IC thread, to be posted sometime tomorrow.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Lem You always make me feel weird and stupid. I was glad to get you to hang around fighting with me against the Oil Dogs, but I gotta admit, I just don't know why you are so drat Hot.

Sarah Strings
Name : Mine / Theirs

Tyler : 0 / 0
Jenny : 0 / 0
Lily : 1 / 0
Lem : 1 / 2
Hiroko : 0 / 0
Shelly : 1 / 0
Samantha : 1 / 0
The Empty : 0 / 2

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Tyler: Highlight Dark. Sorry, no in character reason, I just want to see hexes being cast.

ActingPower posted:

True. Though you may walk in on the first day and be sent straight to the principal for those. :cheeky:
It is my hope that this happened, but it turns out that there is not anything in the dress code prohibiting her look, so she gets away with it.

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 18, 2014

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

I'm choosing for Sam. I don't know if it's just "not done," or if it's pointless to highlight for a skill that she's going to want to use anyway, but Sam's the muscle of our group of characters, so I'm drawn to Volatile for her. We need her roughing us up a bit to get the story going.

Hmm... on the other hand, perhaps that's the thing. This isn't a high-stakes, Harm-everybody-all-the-time story, so maybe she needs to keep her cool. Tryin' real school for the first time? Let's see you hold steady, then. Cold it is.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Sarah, I know what you think, but I think our relationship is fine as it stands. If you can't handle that, you'll need some backbone. Highlight Volatile.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Rather Watch Them posted:

Sarah, I know what you think, but I think our relationship is fine as it stands. If you can't handle that, you'll need some backbone. Highlight Volatile.

It sounds like you're trying to shut her down. Roll+Cold, please. :cheeky:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

ActingPower posted:

It sounds like you're trying to shut her down. Roll+Cold, please. :cheeky:

Like I don't know why I act so flustered by him, I mean he is just a guy, it shouldn't matter. :argh: Why does my brain get so stupid around stuff like this.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Gazetteer posted:

Tyler: Highlight Dark. Sorry, no in character reason, I just want to see hexes being cast.
It is my hope that this happened, but it turns out that there is not anything in the dress code prohibiting her look, so she gets away with it.

So it is said; so it shall be done.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jenny, stay spooky for Hiroko. :) Highlight Dark.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Axe-man posted:

Like I don't know why I act so flustered by him, I mean he is just a guy, it shouldn't matter. :argh: Why does my brain get so stupid around stuff like this.

Well, no matter what, just remember that you're a sassy, butt-kicking demonslayer. Any guy would be over the moon to get to know someone like you. If Lem can't see that, that's his problem, not yours.

EDIT: Practicing my roleplaying before the main event. I should really stop camping this thread and get to bed. XD

ActingPower fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 18, 2014

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Lily, you've got some real simmering anger stuff going on. I like it, reminds me of myself when I was younger. I know you're working on holding back, but I can tell you, bottling it up isn't going to do anyone any favors. Let loose, be Volatile.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Hiroko, Shelly clearly has some misunderstandings about this time period, so let's reinforce them a bit, highlight Volatile.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Shelly, I'm not sure which creeps me out more. That Cold air around you, or the fact that no one else can feel it.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
And the stats I'll highlight are:

Tyler Cold - Be calm, cool, collected. Look before you leap, and don't let anything get to you.
Jenny Volatile - Live a little, be spontaneous, it's the first day of the rest of your (new) life!
Lily Hot - 'Who knows, this could be fun', might rely on you making the fun!
Shelly Dark - Keep watching the waves, the future's sure to have plenty for you - down both streams.
Lem Volatile - The town may be full of sin, but the school has new people, fresh perspectives. It might be a blessing or a curse, but it's certainly an opportunity.
Sarah Dark - Let's not forget, that even with all the 'fun' of meeting new people at school, The Empty is still around, somewhere around Madison...
Hiroko Cold - Everything you do, everything you say, carries the risk of word getting back to someone in the family. Keep that in mind.
Sam Volatile - No need to hold back here. What's the worst they can do to you? ...What's the worst you can do to them?

I'll put up the IC thread in a short while, and link it in this post.

EDIT: In addition, because I realized how imbalanced the NPC list was with regard to Madison towners and out-of-towners, I'll be asking questions specifically to flesh out some more out-of-towner NPCs.

EDIT 2: Thread is up!

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 18, 2014

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Just a tip for the future, it's okay if you make a new post when you update with the thread link.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Just to be clear ActingPower, Shelly isn't actually talking when she's sending messages to the future.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Ah, okay. I was trying to accentuate the fact that she was being all weird and flighty. I can reword it a bit, no prob.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Still not in a position to browse for a picture, so I put up a description thing on my sheet.
Short version: long black hair, slim, slightly thin/average face, hazel eyes, kind of sleepy.
Oh and tall, I guess. Maybe 5'10-11"?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Just so you guys know, with the next round of prompts (sometime tomorrow), the teacher will arrive, so if there's anything you desperately want to do before a teacher shows up, do it soon!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Just going to give Brainamp a chance to post before I have the teacher arrive and skip us forward a bit, for those wondering what happened to it being scheduled for yesterday :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Sorry, had a busy weekend.

• Locked thread