Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

yuming we should both withdraw from the game so that they are forced to cuddle windshipper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ernie. posted:

yeah i was pretty sure he was scum with windy because he was just sort of tangentially agreeing with everything windy was doing/saying and i didn't get the sense that they were his opinions at all; more opportunistic than anything
Now this sounds fake.

I think it sounds like a message that was sent to sow confusion and that you claimed it because you wanted to lend credibility to your role.

Hrm.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i also made this case yesterday?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ernie. posted:

yeah i was pretty sure he was scum with windy because he was just sort of tangentially agreeing with everything windy was doing/saying and i didn't get the sense that they were his opinions at all; more opportunistic than anything
Like I can't get over how bad this is.

I think Ernie is scum now. I don't want to hammer yet, however, because this is another salient point of the game and we need NEED NEED more solid opinions from people.

Consider this a vote ~in spirit~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
You sent a message in a way that fmpov looks like it had deceptive intent.

You could've sent a message "I -think- Kumba is scum." Selling your opinion as fact in a mod-sent message is scummy. It's trying to give your opinion fact-level weight and I don't like that.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

yuming posted:

You could've sent a message "I -think- Kumba is scum." Selling your opinion as fact in a mod-sent message is scummy. It's trying to give your opinion fact-level weight and I don't like that.

Except that the message was explicitly from him, right?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And kumba died overnight, so unless we're assuming he was vig'd or busdriven into that doesn't seeem like something scum would say about someone they were killing that night.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

yuming posted:

what?

it was n1...... how could it be anything other than an opinion>?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
okokok my mistake I thought there was no name associated with the message, I just reread the claims that wasn't the case.

An anonymous message when Kumba died I would interpret as a mod communication of like proxy cop result or something.

So to send that anonymously is scummy because it would be deceptive in the situation where Kumba had no flip.

I rescind my ~spirit vote~ on Ernie but I'm still trying to work out this situation.

HOLY WOW DON'T HAMMER YET ok?!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Little Mac posted:

Though wait my character makes sense for messenger powers (and other power that I have). What is your character, Erns? Because I think you could be

SCUM MESSENGER

Catching up on this thread. When Ernie says he sent a message to Capps and he is the construction worker this is Mac's response. That's some willingly dense stuff.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Okay so clearly yuming tracked or rolecopped me last night and knows that I have a power role and/or targeted Ix.

I really haven't been pushing Ix hard today, though, just left a stray vote, so I don't have an incriminating result. That should be obvious. So there's no pro-town reason to out not one, but two power roles in a single post while fishing for a result that is only potentially incriminating.

My working theory is that yuming/Ix are scum buddies, and yuming thinks that what I found on Ix is incriminating and is trying to distance herself.

I'd be open to jumping back to Ix if we're not sure and think that yuming might just be town who did a bad post and want to preserve her power role.

Ix already pointed it out but this is an awful theory that really jumps to try to make a case. Would consider voting PM.

Windshipper your hot dog case was good. Bury all hot dog nonbelievers.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dr. Hurt posted:

Ix already pointed it out but this is an awful theory that really jumps to try to make a case. Would consider voting PM.

Why would yuming out her and my power roles?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why would she do it as scum rather than just quietly NKing you? Also, I was probably wrong about you, I don't see a scum PR that would target a miller claim N1.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Because I am terrible at keeping secrets and forgot Ixi was a Miller and thought we were overlooking a cop claim.

Also I was sick of the rut this game was stuck in and happy to take things in a new direction.

I stand by the fact it was a stupid move, but it did create more usable content than we've had in like... ever. So I don't regret it :sparkles:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

yuming posted:

Hey hurt, gimme opinions!!!

Hey Yuming I'm sorry for totally not responding to this. So I don't like the feeling I'm getting from Lil Mac. I want Ernie to respond to Capp's question on if there is a flavor reason for him not liking hotdogs. I don't like how PMom seems like they are reaching for a case.

I would like to hear more actual thoughts from Opop and JakeP.

WINDSHIPPER: CONTINUE TO PRESSURE ERNIE BUT ALSO DIG UP ALL THE DIRT ON PMOM. YOUR GOD COMMANDS YOU FOR ONE MORE HOUR (I think)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ixtlilton posted:

Except that the message was explicitly from him, right?

it wasn't i thought the message was from little mac because the way the second message was worded it seem like they came from the same person

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

I mean Yuming outing a power role is dumb, but I feel like turning that into 'these two must be scumbuddies!!' is one hell of a stretch. Especially since your details on Ixt wasn't conclusive/not important enough that you feel worth sharing. It feels like you want to make that connection rather than actually looking at the situation.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Well the case depends on yuming having made a rational move which might be a bit of a stretch~~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Also I thought PM would maybe give me a hint~hint back instead.

I am bad at secrets.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Unlike me, who is so good at keeping secrets when I clearly breadcrumb things no one notices, and when I'm messing around I clearly breadcrumb things to everyone else. It's because I'm a wizard that I'm so good at secrets.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yuming posted:

Also I thought PM would maybe give me a hint~hint back instead.

I am bad at secrets.

"I have secret information that leads me to believe PM might have secret info about ix" is not a very subtle hint!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i had a 1 shot cop on ernie last night and he was town stop lynching him

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

JakeP posted:

that was pretty obvious, and now i'm wondering why yuming has been going back and forth this past hour considering she also noticed it

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

JakeP posted:

thanks for not role blocking me opop and ernie for not killing me, that was especially nice of you to not kill me ernie you are alright in my book

The breadcrumb checks out.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

that was pretty obvious, and now i'm wondering why yuming has been going back and forth this past hour considering she also noticed it

indeed

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

Yea if we're gonna fuss about obvious breadcrumbs I noticed this one.

Remember the point I made about wind not noticing JakeP's hint being scummy?

Cos it is lynch wind ~yay~

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
can we use roundhouse kick instead of cuddle for a lynch alternative

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Because I forgot!

I'm out of practice playing actual, good-effort mafia, give me a break ok.

When I get new info I have to shuffle everything around again and it takes a while for the dust to settle.

It has settled back where it should be with wind getting lynched!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
oh ok carry on

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

JakeP posted:

can we use roundhouse kick instead of cuddle for a lynch alternative

yes

jake: opinion on a juanito roundhouse kick if we can't swing windshipper?

i think little mac's "WHAT IF YOU'RE A SCUM MESSENGER" is laid on too thick if he were scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

yes

jake: opinion on a juanito roundhouse kick if we can't swing windshipper?

i think little mac's "WHAT IF YOU'RE A SCUM MESSENGER" is laid on too thick if he were scum

Juanito seems pretty engaged in this game. He posts a lot of filler, but he makes game relate posts too. He really feels like he is going with the flow and I don't get very scummy vibes from him

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm going to a movie and have one more game to post in before I leave.

I'm leaving my vote one wind MY GOD DON'T LYNCH ERNIE HERE OK THANKS DEAR TEAMMATES.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Wait, why didn't I think of this before. Windshipper.... case YOURSELF.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
no case Lumpen

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

JakeP posted:

you're the worst jakep

##unvote

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

JakeP posted:

Oh, welp.

##unvote

Ernie is still a heathen for hating hotdogs, tho.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Also I just spent 3 hours working on breaking a horse. Building a case is not something I really have the energy for right now...

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

JakeP posted:

##unvote

Sorry.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't think wind is scum but it doesn't look like anything else is happening today so

##vote wind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Votecount for Day 2

windshipper (4): yuming, Ernie., Ixtlilton, yuming, yuming, Opopanax, Opopanax, JakeP
Ernie. (2): mr.capps, windshipper, windshipper, windshipper, Juanito, Opopanax, Little Mac, Juanito, windshipper, Little Mac
yuming (1): Pinterest Mom
Ixtlilton (0): Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom

Not Voting (4): Dr. Hurt, Juanito, Little Mac, windshipper

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 17th, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 42 minutes.

• Locked thread