Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Do me Magnus, I would have voted for you if I got back in time.

:ghost: your penis doesn't work anymore because of blood flow issues but that's not the reason you don't have sex its cause you have the face of a sloth. :ghost:

Rarity posted:

:ghost: No insult love for your old scum buddy? :smith: :ghost:

:ghost: rarity, the only rarity in your body are brain cells which bounce around your empty head like asteroids in the Milky Way. :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."
This appears to be the :effort: Scum team. "Oh hey, I'm caught. Better roll over."

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."
Recommended viewing.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pandemonium.

"This is him! I know it! We bagged this fucker!" A long drink from the flask. "He puts up a handful of bodies in a week and we catch him getting sloppy on unrelated poo poo. Un-bee-lieveable."

"You have him tied to bodies?"

"We do. And look at him in here, he loving knows it! He knows it!"

The entire floor has crowded around the interrogation room door, scrambling to catch a glimpse.

"He looks so.... cold."

Magnus Gallant, Chris Partlow, Scum-aligned Ninja and One-shot Recruiter was lynched D5!

The wire is picking up nothing but static!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Magnus Gallant (7): King Burgundy, EccoRaven, Deadbeat Dad, CapitalistPig, DuckHuntDog, Fast Luck, dorkanoid
DuckHuntDog (1): Magnus Gallant, Fast Luck, dorkanoid, Fast Luck, dorkanoid
dorkanoid (0): Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad

Not Voting (3): Ardulac, Dr. Hurt, Hal Incandenza

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 17th, 2014 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 48 minutes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
fyi DHD is probably not scum with Magnus since twice when we were about to vote off a scumbuddy Magnus begged us to go after DHD instead.

Also Dr. Hurt probably scum too

Also this setup is so ludicrously broken I mean lol a scum dayvig + governor + recruiter??

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Plus the governor was also a godfather and the dayvig was also a janitor! And this guy is a ninja! But we are cutting them down pretty efficiently.

I am not sure if Hurt is scum. It's suspicious that he somehow showed up to post for the first time in a week right when we were talking about him (did someone tip him off or is he actually reading the thread and never posting?). Otoh Magnus was hopping on board that "maybe the scum recruited someone" train, and it was true, so why would he do that unless we were on the wrong track?...

I think the recruited scum has to be vanilla, and then there's a roleblocker out there, and that's all that's left.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Fast Luck posted:

I am not sure if Hurt is scum.
He said this:

Magnus Gallant posted:

Dr hurt is my mason ally

Could be deflection. Could be the truth attempting to save him. v:silent:v

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

From what we've seen so far the roleblocker probably has a second power as well, though I don't know what other roles exist out there.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Fast Luck posted:

From what we've seen so far the roleblocker probably has a second power as well, though I don't know what other roles exist out there.

I will tell you that speculation like this isn't very helpful.

We know there's a roleblocker because someone blocked Ixt. Any more than that is all guessing, and not very helpful guessing at that (since it doesn't change that we're trying to hunt scum not figure out who is scum based on claims).

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well, every time someone flips, I see another role I've never heard of before and it's kind of confusing.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

Well, every time someone flips, I see another role I've never heard of before and it's kind of confusing.

I just bookmarked this - even then it's tricky to find the role.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It's Halbert everyone.

If I die tonight you need to turbo Hal okay thanks :patriot:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

dorkanoid posted:

I just bookmarked this - even then it's tricky to find the role.
Ah thanks, that's pretty good. I was looking here which didn't have nearly so many roles listed.

Hal, eh? Wasn't Hal the leader of the push against MEDS, while Asiina was saying to wait until LYLO?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Players Alive:
1 Ardulac - cop returner thing
2 CapitalistPig - doctor counterclaimed Magnus
3 Deadbeat Dad - hider shooter guy
4 dorkanoid -?
5 Dr. Hurt - brought back, maybe recruited scum
6 DuckHuntDog - ?
7 EccoRaven - town.
8 Fast Luck - prob. town re:potentially investigated by chaoslord
9 Hal Incandenza - ?
10 King Burgundy - daykill guy

Removing the "prob. town"s:

1 dorkanoid -?
2 Dr. Hurt - brought back, maybe recruited scum
3 DuckHuntDog - ?
4 Hal Incandenza - ?

Assuming only one or two of those are scum, tops, I'll order them thusly:

4 Hal Incandenza - has been on the wrong side of this game too often
2 Dr. Hurt - brought back, maybe recruited scum
1 dorkanoid - non-entity, but has been european
3 DuckHuntDog - magnus railed against him multiple times, suggests maybe he's not scum

That's my way of looking at things and imo everyone should agree to it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Fast Luck posted:

Hal, eh? Wasn't Hal the leader of the push against MEDS

Hal pushed Meds hard when Meds had his governor power. It doesn't save him at all in my eyes.

He also super hesitated before hammering Meds when Meds lacked protection iirc.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ummm the only time I was on the "wrong side" was with Rarity, otherwise I've been on the right side at least as often as you smart guy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

Hal pushed Meds hard when Meds had his governor power. It doesn't save him at all in my eyes.

He also super hesitated before hammering Meds when Meds lacked protection iirc.

My only hesitation was on MEDS was unvoting when I realized he was at -1 hours into the day and I wanted to make sure scum didn't hammer early. Like, are you claiming that after literally spending two days saying MEDS was scum AND having him practically scumclaim before his first lynch that I was trying to keep him alive the next day?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Yep; sorry but you're the last scum, you'll just have to cry about it :sun:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"This... is horrific."

A body of a child, splayed out across three steps colored in the boy's blood.

"Is he a player?"

"..."

"Yeah. Yeah, I know him. Last I heard word was he started running with Partlow just recently."

"How old can he be? High school even?"

"Records say Edward J Tilghman. Jesus."

Hal Incandenza, Namond Brice, town-aligned vanilla scum-aligned goon was shot dead N5.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (9): Ardulac, CapitalistPig, Deadbeat Dad, dorkanoid, Dr. Hurt, DuckHuntDog, EccoRaven, Fast Luck, King Burgundy

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 20th, 2014 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
There is a second kill.

I successfully protected ecco last night.

I'm assuming he was the night kill target.

Which means that someone killed Hal and we have to find an sk.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:ghost: oh noooooooooooooo :ghost:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

CapitalistPig posted:

There is a second kill.

I successfully protected ecco last night.

I'm assuming he was the night kill target.

Which means that someone killed Hal and we have to find an sk.
Maybe someone had a night vig or something?

What I don't understand is, if they wanted to kill Ecco, why would they not roleblock you? He even was posting as if he could be on his way out, I mean, who else would you be protecting? Seems like they should have killed you, or roleblocked you and killed Ecco.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

:ghost:Hal flipping scum ITT :smug::ghost:

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

That flip looks like Hal was the recruit as well.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

:ghost: oh noooooooooooooo :ghost:

I AM SO GOOD AT THIS GAME.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well, with another scum down, we're in pretty good shape here. There should likely only be one mafioso left, right?

And by process of elimination, we can pretty much get to who it is. Here's who's left in the game

Myself
Pig - doctor
Ecco - targeted by scum, protected by doctor last night
Dr. Hurt - back to mod-confirmed town now
Ardulac - his resurrection power either confirms him town or is the biggest misdirect role ever

If none of those people are scum, we can just keep lynching everyone else until we win, yeah?

That leaves:
KB
DBD
dorkanoid
DHD

KB is my strongest town call of those four. DBD still has the thing where he shot Little Mac while his vote was on Rarity. DHD, Ecco thought, was getting pushed too hard by Magnus to be scum. And then there's dorkanoid.

Hey, anyone want to claim that kill of Hal? Could the surviving players role claim, could that be helpful?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
If we have an SK then either:

- Pig has successfully blocked a kill literally every night, or
- The SK decided to sit on their hands all game.

Let's instead hunt scum. I suggest dork, DHD, or CapPig, leaning more hard on Dork than the other two.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Fast Luck posted:

Hey, anyone want to claim that kill of Hal? Could the surviving players role claim, could that be helpful?

Maybe but as a last resort! Currently the only roles that matter are the (scum) roleblocker and whoever is killing at night (and those two players might be the same person).

Oh and the "inventor."

Actually yeah the inventor needs to claim.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

If we have an SK then either:

- Pig has successfully blocked a kill literally every night, or
- The SK decided to sit on their hands all game.

Let's instead hunt scum. I suggest dork, DHD, or CapPig, leaning more hard on Dork than the other two.

Seriously?! Why is my name even close to being on that list, I saved you from dying last night.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Seriously?! Why is my name even close to being on that list, I saved you from dying last night.

Because if there isn't an SK then you didn't save jack last night and all you did was kill a scumbuddy to make it seem like there's an SK.

It's a very dumb strategy BUT this hasn't been a very cohesive scumteam so

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

Because if there isn't an SK then you didn't save jack last night and all you did was kill a scumbuddy to make it seem like there's an SK.

It's a very dumb strategy BUT this hasn't been a very cohesive scumteam so

Not even on my worst day would I kill a scumbuddy there is never a time when that's a good strategy.

Its more likely that you are an sk trying to pull some kind of stupid trick.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Not even on my worst day would I kill a scumbuddy there is never a time when that's a good strategy.

Its more likely that you are an sk trying to pull some kind of stupid trick.

Nope it is actually more likely you killed a scumbuddy, since it would ALSO conveniently "confirm" you as a doctor.

AND YET, it is actually even more likely that the last scum is someone else entirely! Like say dorkanoid, like I said!

So quit being dramatic.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

Nope it is actually more likely you killed a scumbuddy, since it would ALSO conveniently "confirm" you as a doctor.

AND YET, it is actually even more likely that the last scum is someone else entirely! Like say dorkanoid, like I said!

So quit being dramatic.

You're a dumbface.

I should've let you die last night.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Magnus's last words as well~

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I wanna get another intercept to find out if there's more than once voice :P

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Voice 5: "Happy to be here" <--- Hal

5 mafia team, initially 4.

Current dead mafia:

- Rarity
- Meds
- Magnus
- Hal (recruit)

There is still another mafia alive.

If there is an SK, then that would mean (with dugong) there was 6+1 non-town players in the game from the start, or 1/3 of the game.

If there is an SK all the other things I talked about have to be true as well (re: pig's protections)

~Pig is a Potential Mafia~

Dorkanoid is a potential though mostly from process of elimination. This is stronger than the theorycrafting above.

DBD might be scum, I could see it. Hider is a weird role for scum to claim though, and it's a weird role for scum to have without an SK, but this is a weird game so far.

If DHD is scum it is because DHD is an SK, but I really don't think there's an SK this game.

Fast Luck could be scum. We've been writing him off because of the investigation but if we're being honest there's no reason to think he actually was investigated aside from throwaway lines made by chaoslord. It's lowest on the list but it's possible at least.

KB might be scum? Maybe? Above FL below DBD.

If Ardulac is actually scum I would be very happy. Nay, overjoyed. But I think he's just worthless.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Oh obv ##intercept cell phones

But this is fairly meaningless right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

##intercept: cellphones

• Locked thread