Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

skooma512 posted:

Carl's Jr ad.

It's so sexualized, it's almost a parody. The product is an afterthought. Some chick's rear end get shoved in your face, another random scantily scad chick walks into the barn for no reason, and then here's a burger I guess - scene.

So...all Carls Jr commercials ever?

Also, "another random" chick is Paris Hilton. Do you literally live under a rock? A rock on another planet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Sash! posted:

Also, "another random" chick is Paris Hilton. Do you literally live under a rock? A rock on another planet?

I can remember the commercials being more about the product. Guy eats burger, burger drops down with wet sound, "new slightly reconfigured beef sandwich, only at Carl's Jr". That kind of thing.

This is just "hey tits and rear end, buy our poo poo, thanks". At least try to make the hallucinogenic cowgirl gyrations relevant.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

skooma512 posted:

At least try to make the hallucinogenic cowgirl gyrations relevant.

Why? Not that it's a good ad, but it's working the way they intended. It's meant to evoke a relationship between their products and sex so feeble minded people's minds will go to them when they think of burgers and how hungry they are because sex is an excellent motivator and a shaper of thoughts and emotions.

They aren't even going the way of saying "eat our burgers and you can gently caress women like this." Just simply attaching sexual imagery to the existence of their product eventually associates feelings towards that sexual imagery to feelings about their product.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 16, 2014

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Was it Carls' Jr or Burger king who had the commercials with Padma from Top Chef in her underwear eating burgers

edit: i do not want to google this

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

skooma512 posted:

Carl's Jr ad.

It's so sexualized, it's almost a parody. The product is an afterthought. Some chick's rear end get shoved in your face, another random scantily scad chick walks into the barn for no reason, and then here's a burger I guess - scene.

Is it the one with an actual chicken or with a lady?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Grin and Tonic posted:

Was it Carls' Jr or Burger king who had the commercials with Padma from Top Chef in her underwear eating burgers

You didn't want to type "Padma Lakshmi C" and watch google autocomplete it and confirm that it was Carl's Jr?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Has anyone seen the new Madden 25 commercial? It's amazing

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

skooma512 posted:

Carl's Jr ad.

Have you literally never seen a Carl's Jr commercial before? They've been that bad for years

Also I like those Dodge Dart commercials. "Get your filthy voice off her!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As someone who doesn't have either an iPhone or a Windows phone Microsoft's new Cortana commercial just makes them look bad. Mostly because Cortana is stilted while they have Siri talk in a more natural sentence.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this? posted:

As someone who doesn't have either an iPhone or a Windows phone Microsoft's new Cortana commercial just makes them look bad. Mostly because Cortana is stilted while they have Siri talk in a more natural sentence.

Their Cortana service needs to be like the real deal and randomly appear in your line of vision yelling at you while your walking down the street.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Grin and Tonic posted:

Carl's.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Sash! posted:

And to say nothing of their eating cheesepaper ads. HOMMMPFFFFFCRUNCHHHHHHHHSHHHHHHHLRUUUUUUUPHNFFFFFFSCHLOOOOOOORP.

gently caress every single commercial with exaggerated eating noises.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rirse posted:

Their Cortana service needs to be like the real deal and randomly appear in your line of vision yelling at you while your walking down the street.

I would buy a windows phone just for the experience of the phone slowly going insane over a number of years.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

raditts posted:

I would buy a windows phone just for the experience of the phone slowly going insane over a number of years.

When you get a Windows Phone, you'll slowly go insane over a number of years.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

Also getting bustier and more creepily sexualized with each iteration.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Carl's Jr is called Hardee's in my town. :colbert:

It's the same company, logo, and menu. Just a different name.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

...of SCIENCE! posted:

By WP10 the phone is just a giant blue rear end.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Retail Slave posted:

Carl's Jr is called Hardee's in my town. :colbert:

It's the same company, logo, and menu. Just a different name.

Hardee's was bought by the company that owns Carl's Jr. in the late 90's. I'm pretty sure they just kept the old name in some regions for brand recognition purposes, but in every other way they're esentially all Carl's Jr. stores at this point.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I used the GPS on my S5 the other day for the first time, and apparently the default voice for the directions is this seductive female one. I think it was Gabriel Iglesias who did a bit about that at some point, but I can't find it anywhere.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Promoted Pawn posted:

Hardee's was bought by the company that owns Carl's Jr. in the late 90's. I'm pretty sure they just kept the old name in some regions for brand recognition purposes, but in every other way they're esentially all Carl's Jr. stores at this point.

Yeah, Hardees (which is what its called where I live too) is more of an east coast name, while Carls Jr. is primarily West Coast.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
See also: Hellmann's and Best Foods' Mayonnaise.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Promoted Pawn posted:

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

I am proud to be in the neither region.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bnanI9jXps

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'd like to think that the East Hills Mall is located in Silent Hill. That'd explain a lot.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

It can't beat the classic Montgomery Flea Market commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3oHpup-pk

(long version)

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

See also: Hellmann's and Best Foods' Mayonnaise.

Breyer's and Dreyer's ice cream!

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Sash! posted:

Breyer's and Dreyer's ice cream!

I'm pretty sure it's Dreyer's (West) / Edy's (East) and Breyers is just the same everywhere.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
See also: Rally's/Checkers and Panera/St. Louis Bread Company

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Promoted Pawn posted:

I'm pretty sure it's Dreyer's (West) / Edy's (East) and Breyers is just the same everywhere.

Oh yeah, that's right.

I watched an ice cream documentary this one time and as someone that's always lived in the East, it made me feel like I was going insane until they said Dreyer's is Edy's in the east.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm a little lost as to who thought the series of "Framily" commercials was a good idea.

Just every single member of that family is punchable.

The goth looking guy? Check.

The hipster-nerd? Check

The hamster? Check

The French speaking ballet girl? Check

The texas accent kid? Check

Just seriously not a likable person in that bunch.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
You want to punch Judy Greer?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

You want to punch Judy Greer?

She's the only one he didn't mention. :toot:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

StalkofWheat posted:

I am proud to be in the neither region.

You're better off anyway. That food is disgusting.

mousku
Jun 2, 2011
I want to ship her smug rear end face and vintage bathtub to moon so I'll never have to see this ad again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BCoV0LVb_k

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

That face she pulls at the start is the sudden realization of somebody learning first hand that Venice loving stinks.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

mousku posted:

I want to ship her smug rear end face and vintage bathtub to moon so I'll never have to see this ad again.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

mousku posted:

I would gladly take this commercial any day over the US Trivago commercials. Especially the "outtake" one that is a minute long, of which at least 50 seconds is beeps.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I dunno, the Standard BBC Accent does tend to get a bit grating as the commercial drones on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
8 year olds should not be doing the "Tootsie Roll".