Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Me and my little sister played the poo poo out of Bushido Blade back in the day. It stills owns, and is incredibly badass. As far as I know, there is nothing comparable to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
gently caress half-life 3, where is bushido blade 3

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Omally posted:

seriously

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

never played it, op, but i've heard its good.

is it good enough for me to play it this weekend over anything else?

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

LaTex Fetish posted:

never played it, op, but i've heard its good.

is it good enough for me to play it this weekend over anything else?

I haven't played it in years, but from what I understand it still holds up. I remember the multiplayer being a blast, with awesome multi-part levels and interactive environments.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

GelatinSkeleton posted:

I haven't played it in years, but from what I understand it still holds up. I remember the multiplayer being a blast, with awesome multi-part levels and interactive environments.

this was not the confident post I was looking for.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

LaTex Fetish posted:

Play it you homo.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

LaTex Fetish posted:

its the best swordfighting game ever made

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Omally posted:

its the best swordfighting game ever made

:agreed:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I played the gently caress out of bushido blade 1 & 2

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
1 is the realest poo poo but the controls don't make much sense at first and there's so much poo poo you can do and every character/weapon matchup controls a little different so having equal skill in it is basically impossible

2 fixed this but also just made the game bad soul calibur

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i never had the game but my sister and i played the poo poo out of the demo that came with ffvii

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

WHats up with sisters and bushido blade? honestly though, this game is my fondest ps1 era gaming memory

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
your sisters wanted your swords

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Unlocking the guy with the gun in 1 was insane

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

its very good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bushido blade 2 was so loving good i picked up my old bushido blade one and did some sweet white teenage karate moves on it because i was never going back :dealwithit:

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Omally posted:

its called kengo you loving BITCH

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

GelatinSkeleton posted:

It stills owns, and is incredibly badass.

Agreed, op

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
did bushido blade have first person view and a cheap bitch who used a spear or am i thinking of a different samurai game

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Arian_Samurai posted:

Unlocking the guy with the gun in 1 was insane

song for slash mode was called "100 Missing People"

game did not gently caress around

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
50% of Bushido Blade 2 matches seemed to end as soon as they started due to thrown knives to the face

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

did bushido blade have first person view

yeah it had a first person mode, it ran pretty well for a ps1 too

it also had this loving insane mode where you link two ps1/tv's together so that two people can FPS sword fight eachother

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Gimbal lock posted:

50% of Bushido Blade 2 matches seemed to end as soon as they started due to thrown knives to the face

my brother and i got real good about parrying that poo poo out of the air

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gimbal lock posted:

i could never figure out how to catch a blade with a parrying weapon without it just randoming happening from button mashing so yeah just throw that poo poo.

characters that only dirt to spray were a risk.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

starbarry clock posted:

its called kengo you loving BITCH

kengo had a health bars like some baby game for assholes

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
every time i pick up a sword in a video game i just want the gameplay to be like bushido blade

a few come but do some things right, such as not letting you do things like run backwards while swinging or while bunny hopping or retarded poo poo like that. attacks in swordgames should mostly require you to stand still, and have a cost in terms of windup/recovery rather than just being a 0 range hitscan fps control bullshit. i mean gently caress that such things should require timing or positioning rather than being some spastic shithead game of tag

two modern games with decent melee fighting that i can recall are revengence and the souls series.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
also a modern day fighting game that captures a lot of bushido blade qualities is, i swear to god, Divekick

1 hit kills and mindgaming yourself to death

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
not me, op

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

gently caress you!

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Yup, remember sitting down with a friend being all, "First to 25," then we get there and being all, "first to 50!" Then of course after that, "first to 100!" and that poo poo would just keep going.

So I never played the second one, how was it? I know it got some upgrades, but they also added other crap right? Was it any good, or did they just dilute that badass sword action?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

chop all the trees down

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Budget Dracula posted:

chop all the trees down

bamboo bitch

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I loved Bushido Blade.

Can't believe that there'd not be a market for tricky one-hit-kill samurai duelin' these days, especially in hi-def so you could get your swishy robe, shiny blade, blood, and cherry blossom physics all swanky. They need to revive this IP bad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mazed posted:

I loved Bushido Blade.

Can't believe that there'd not be a market for tricky one-hit-kill samurai duelin' these days, especially in hi-def so you could get your swishy robe, shiny blade, blood, and cherry blossom physics all swanky. They need to revive this IP bad.

Only if they make it ultra violence and have realistic disemboweling and amputation.

I want to cut a wedge out of mans skull turn to the camera commit sepuku and drown in my own entrails while my victim spouts blood and staggers around in the background

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Real hurthling! posted:

Only if they make it ultra violence and have realistic disemboweling and amputation.

I want to cut a wedge out of mans skull turn to the camera commit sepuku and drown in my own entrails while my victim spouts blood and staggers around in the background

What do you call it when a man's entire digestive tract flies from his body as a gentle breeze of sakura drifts past?

goddamn majestic is what.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

bushido blade owned...i even got the guy with the gun

• Locked thread