Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Have you read anything I've said about CE today?

Yeah and I agreed with most if it! If you had asked me who I was going to vote last night I would have said CE. We still should lynch CE, along with Rarity and Winvirus and Met probably. We just also need to lynch you now because you're acting really loving scummy and you are ten times a better mafia player than CE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah and I agreed with most if it! If you had asked me who I was going to vote last night I would have said CE. We still should lynch CE, along with Rarity and Winvirus and Met probably. We just also need to lynch you now because you're acting really loving scummy and you are ten times a better mafia player than CE.

I guess we should just kill everyone to be on the safe side

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Juanito posted:

And then later he said role claim, before you asked him about the role claim

Holy poo poo I thought you were smart. I didn't get what other information he could have to share that he'd consider worth claiming on D1. He clarified he meant stuff like setup info. Quit being a moron, you're better than this.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Rarity posted:

Holy poo poo I thought you were smart. I didn't get what other information he could have to share that he'd consider worth claiming on D1. He clarified he meant stuff like setup info. Quit being a moron, you're better than this.
Well I never thought you were smart, so I guess we're on equal terms now :downs:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Here is the most compelling nugget.

Actually reading this I feel way better about CE being town because I feel like I'm being manipulated by you.

I had this moment a couple years back where Dragnix(as scum) was pushing me on a case and I was like "oh, right, yeah yeah that makes sense." Then I reread everything in context and realized I hadn't come to that conclusion organically. This is exactly that feeling I'm getting now and I can't back down from it.

Just because you're making a good argument doesn't mean you're making the right argument. You're obviously better than CE and now I'm reading your casing like you picked an easy target for day one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

I guess we should just kill everyone to be on the safe side

Opop more like Opoop.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Juanito posted:

Well I never thought you were smart, so I guess we're on equal terms now :downs:

she still has the expectation that you are actually better than this, so I'd say you still have the leg up

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Hi, I'm town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Actually reading this I feel way better about CE being town because I feel like I'm being manipulated by you.

I had this moment a couple years back where Dragnix(as scum) was pushing me on a case and I was like "oh, right, yeah yeah that makes sense." Then I reread everything in context and realized I hadn't come to that conclusion organically. This is exactly that feeling I'm getting now and I can't back down from it.

Just because you're making a good argument doesn't mean you're making the right argument. You're obviously better than CE and now I'm reading your casing like you picked an easy target for day one.

This is the most irrational merk fear post I've ever read.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
...to the point where it's almost unbelievable.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rarity posted:

This is just dripping with insincerity and fake anger. Would vote rarity

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

This is the most irrational merk fear post I've ever read.

It's merk respect :colbert: Also that's not what I said!

merk posted:

Oh, you're voting me now as a reaction to me not wanting to claim. Do you actually think I'm scum outside of that statement? That's a general mafia position.

To go back, this is also not what I said! Why do I have to consider your posts outside of that statement anyway?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You didn't say anything, so I was forced to assume. I literally don't even know why you're voting me besides some convoluted thing that doesn't make any sense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

this is weird

##unvote
##vote merk

what does not claiming actually accomplish?

This was your vote. This does not say anything about why you voted me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay I feel like I explained pretty clearly since then that I was voting you for trying to shift discussion away from actual content onto mafia theory and taking my posts out of context in no way makes me feel any better about this discussion. Doing something actively untown like not claiming before you are lynched because of Mafia culture or whatever is actually an aside to why I think you are scum. The way you are selectively addressing/allowing content is scummy too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Okay I feel like I explained pretty clearly since then that I was voting you for trying to shift discussion away from actual content onto mafia theory and taking my posts out of context in no way makes me feel any better about this discussion. Doing something actively untown like not claiming before you are lynched because of Mafia culture or whatever is actually an aside to why I think you are scum. The way you are selectively addressing/allowing content is scummy too.

You came up with that reasoning far after voting me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I wouldn't be crying if merk bit it, believe me, but I'm feeling CE a lot more now to be honest.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

You came up with that reasoning far after voting me.

Okay. That doesn't change my vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

I wouldn't be crying if merk bit it, believe me, but I'm feeling CE a lot more now to be honest.

Keane hey I asked you a question and I don't think you answered it.

Somberbrero posted:

Keane, what do you think about winvirus doing the same thing as CE in regards to misreading/lying about a point against another player? I feel like there's very little difference between the two. To be honest I felt good about that CE post so I don't know what to make of it.

The post in question:

winvirus posted:

I'm reading back on my phone and I could've sworn there was a post I didn't like

But apparently I was hallucinating. That, combined with me actually missing your question and you not just flat dropping suspicion on me is enough for me to admit I Was Wrong About 9/11 (Rarity)

in relation to this

there's also a followup by winvirus on that

winvirus posted:

I think, sometimes, people think they read things, in a game of mafia, that they didn't, and it's okay to admit you're wrong. There are lots of words involved in these games, after all, and they are challenging for illiterate people like myself

I realize that is a lot of quotes, but do you see what winvirus did as being materially different from what CE did?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Okay with my vote still. Don't have any thoughts on the culture argument. Just a strange look.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't THINK winvirus was called out, which works in his favor. CE was called out twice before recanting, which seems pretty suspicious to me.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote merk

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TEARSHED ONLY HAS TWO POSTS AND IS THUS OBVIOUSLY SCUM

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah but he replaced QPQ and he had one of the most awkward entrances into the thread IIRC with his read on win. I'll need to double.check when I'm a back at a PC.

Any particular reason for your vote tear?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

I don't THINK winvirus was called out, which works in his favor. CE was called out twice before recanting, which seems pretty suspicious to me.

Rarity posted:

Actually, you never answered the last question I asked you. It's not like I just forgot about you. I'm allowed to think more than one person is scum, you know.

Rarity posted:

Hey winvirus, can you answer this question please? I'd be dreadfully grateful!

Rarity posted:

Please show me which joke in particular you are referring to, as opposed to the rest of the jokes I made.

that's just going through her post history so I might have missed something but I think that's all accurate.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

that's just going through her post history so I might have missed something but I think that's all accurate.

Ah, yeah, then it's the same thing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

Yeah but he replaced QPQ and he had one of the most awkward entrances into the thread IIRC with his read on win. I'll need to double.check when I'm a back at a PC.

Any particular reason for your vote tear?

"Replace in" When you replace into a game you are obligated to match the effort of the other people in the thread within the hour or so. Tearshed has only two posts, he should have dozens, dozens of posts about things.

This is very serious, Rascyc.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I won't be here for deadline. I'll be at the Cubs game! I'm going to make a final case on CE here in a bit.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
pretty sure the last game i was in when a dude missed deadline to go to a cubs game he was scum and the cubs lost

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
was it merk

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

pretty sure the last game i was in when a dude missed deadline to go to a cubs game he was scum and the cubs lost

I think that was Draggy and it was because the game got canceled due to rain.

I hope merk does get to go to the Cubs game, watching a Cubs game is a fit punishment for a blackguard such as merk.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

I won't be here for deadline. I'll be at the Cubs game! I'm going to make a final case on CE here in a bit.

Remember how you told me when you were scum you make excuses to bail when the heat turns up?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rascyc posted:

was it merk

poque

CCKeane posted:

I hope merk does get to go to the Cubs game, watching a Cubs game is a fit punishment for a blackguard such as merk.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

Remember how you told me when you were scum you make excuses to bail when the heat turns up?
what is this crap haha

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
CE is scum because he:
  • Desires only to negatively talk about other cases rather than create his own1; and
  • Votes without explanation or any attempt at persuasion2.

1:

Somberbrero posted:

2) winvirus

Exhibit A: Buddying up to Mac.
Exhibit B: Pretending that vote is scummy without saying why.
Exhibit 3: Not putting your vote down on me if you think I'm actually scummy and you're not just being disingenuous(also scummy).
Exhibit Next: Asking someone to make a list of scum is the laziest way to pretend like you're contributing.

##unvote
##vote winvirus

3) Actually Not Little Mac.

Crazyeyes posted:

This is adorable. It's like you have never played with Win before (I don't know if you actually have).
--------------------

Somberbrero posted:

2) winvirus

Exhibit A: Buddying up to Mac.
Exhibit B: Pretending that vote is scummy without saying why.
Exhibit 3: Not putting your vote down on me if you think I'm actually scummy and you're not just being disingenuous(also scummy).
Exhibit Next: Asking someone to make a list of scum is the laziest way to pretend like you're contributing.

##unvote
##vote winvirus

3) Actually Not Little Mac.

Crazyeyes posted:

This is adorable. It's like you have never played with Win before (I don't know if you actually have).
--------------------

merk posted:

Someone go read my first day in X-Men. I literally just caught myself doing it there after I died. That game is ongoing, so I won't comment any further on it

I'd find it myself but am on a phone.

It's the only scum tell that exists: faking content.

Crazyeyes posted:

Town fake content all the time. There just isn't always something to be said.
--------------------

Crazyeyes posted:

I find this lengthy and heated argument between Keane and Merk to be, while enlightening, a bit out of hand.
:siren: This is of special importance because he fails to even give an analysis of either Keane or my alignment based in the argument. He just says it's a bad argument.

2:

Rarity:

Crazyeyes posted:

I am now ok with leaving what was, when made, a jokevote on Rarity on Rarity as a serious vote.

I see more apathy than scumminess in Ras right now. I have no idea how CCKeane is "pleaing for his life", though. At most he is being obstinate with his Winvirus vote refusal (which doesn't matter anyway cause he is in no danger of being lynched).

quote:

Still don't like rarity. I am not sure entirely how, but I am leaving my vote for the time being.

Crazyeyes posted:

I didn't see Merk posting a question about my vote on rarity. Calm thyselves. I elaborated a bit in that very post about my vote for rarity. It was still quite early in D1 and I didn't like how rarity jumped on Keane for what I believe to be a very trivial and meaningless statement that I did not see the same way.

Early D1 doesn't exactly make for solid casing 99% of the time. The first day is almost always a gut-check.

Cpig:

Crazyeyes posted:

I would also vote Cpig. Look at his post history. He is either spouting meaningless gibberish or throwing a vote on whoever seems to have impetus building.

##unvote
##vote Cpig

:siren: How can he make this vote in one breath but make a meta defense of winvirus in another? This is textbook Cpig regardless of alignment. This looks like a weak attempt to fake scum hunting.

Merk:

quote:

I think Merk is definitely back-pedaling. I would vote him.

Crazyeyes posted:

On phone and don't feel like hunting down quote. You said Keane was faking content and only scum fake content. I said that was wrong and you rejected you ever saying it.

You have gone from an iron-clad certainty of Keane being scum to "that's how content is generated on day 1".

I also distrust people who post literally eight times in a row. Makes me feel like they are trying too hard.

Huh? This is flatly incorrect and looks made up.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
why is the text so small i cant read that

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
he wants us to use a magnifying glass so we can pretend we're sleuths

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

The Cubs will lose (go Giants!), but I'm not scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

what is this crap haha

He makes up fake business trips and such as an excuse to not post and hope the thread starts focusing on someone else. Might not be what's going on here but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Juanito posted:

he wants us to use a magnifying glass so we can pretend we're sleuths

The font size is still higher than your dota mmr.

• Locked thread