Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Anyone who missed Russo booking EWR, it's been uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irE8uWCBzb4

He joins in at about 9:30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Antitonic posted:

Anyone who missed Russo booking EWR, it's been uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irE8uWCBzb4

He joins in at about 9:30.

Finally, I can experience the magic!

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Supersonic Shine posted:

For those of you who played Supercard, who were your strangest tag teams that managed to have good synergy with each other?

Dean Ambrose and Andre the Giant('s ghost) is my current go-to tag team. It's pretty good.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Supersonic Shine posted:

For those of you who played Supercard, who were your strangest tag teams that managed to have good synergy with each other?

last page, I know, but Goldust is probably one of the best tag team partners end of. He has mostly average stats except speed, which is way above average. He can be beaten by a Kofi, but Kofi's other stats are worse than Goldy's. Batista and Goldust, all day, every day.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Yet to see a purple card, loving super rare Alberto Del Rio!, I have one but he's not levelled up yet. His max-level stats are nuts, better feed more jobbers into him to get to Lvl 25. Level 25 titus and ADR, aw yeah.

PS Careful of charisma matches, if someone has a SR Vinnie Mac you're dead.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

simosimo posted:

PS Careful of charisma matches, if someone has a SR Vinnie Mac you're dead.

:whatup:

my current team is SR Big John Studd, SR Fandango, SR Vince, SR Tyson Kidd and Rare fully leveled AJ Lee. I'm in SR+ tier and haven't pulled a SR card whatsoever on the tableau, which is some bullshit. I'm leaving some rare and UCs in my KOTR lineup but feeding everything else to level my SRs and praying I pull a SR Diva or R AJ to make mine Pro sooner or later (actually I'll just feed the second AJ until I get impatient and rare the two from there). What's crazy is I've gotten some decent rare cards, but now I just have too many SRs to make them worth anything to me.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Supersonic Shine posted:

Bray Wyatt and Kofi, oddly enough.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Just got on this. Getting a rare Lesnar and rare Heyman has put me on a 40-win streak. This game is a better sim than WWE2k15 could ever hope to be!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I hope they roll out some sort of Guild system, it would be nice to make a PSP stable and too sweet all over this game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

triplexpac posted:

I hope they roll out some sort of Guild system, it would be nice to make a PSP stable and too sweet all over this game.

Chr: 222sweet me

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Soon, I'll be free of the tyranny that is KotR. Can finally pro-ify my rare Hogan and Wyatt.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I finished maxing out my two Rare HBKs and combined them. Good lord he's better than a Super Rare. My SR Undertaker is at 18/25 and I'm pretty sure HBK is going to pass him before level 10.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

My new favourite tag team synergy I lose horribly to is SR Vince and UR Macho Man

And yeah, generally a maxed pro made from 2 maxed cards will beat any maxed regular card in the next tier, assuming you picked a card with good stats to begin with. I'm now grinding for doubles of SRs to go with my Pro SR Vince and Andre's... And pro rare Eva Marie :negative:

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 19, 2014

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

In Supercard, there are the blue and yellow diamonds for synergy between different characters. Is there any common theme for why a given guy is one or the other? Are the blues more likely to be faces/heels? Is it by era? I don't have/see enough Yellow types to figure it out.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

My lvl7 SR Pro Del Rio just killed a lvl25 SR Pro Del Rio.

Level up your cards before combining them :stare:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sockser posted:

My lvl7 SR Pro Del Rio just killed a lvl25 SR Pro Del Rio.

Level up your cards before combining them :stare:

If you maxed them both before combining it would have won at level zero, I assume.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Chinook posted:

In Supercard, there are the blue and yellow diamonds for synergy between different characters. Is there any common theme for why a given guy is one or the other? Are the blues more likely to be faces/heels? Is it by era? I don't have/see enough Yellow types to figure it out.

I'm not sure. Andre, Austin, Batista, Big Show, RVD, Cesaro, and Cody are yellows I recall.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I doubt there's any rhyme or reason to the blue/yellow alignment outside of balancing. Why do Hogan and Mysterio have good chemistry but Edge and Christian don't?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

If you maxed them both before combining it would have won at level zero, I assume.

It was actually fairly close. No telling when the other guy combined his, but mine were maxed before combining.

E: also, just completed uncommon poxedex :toot:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'm a little curious in this game how you go up in the rank of getting the like...Super Rare tier and up. Do you just need to have a lot of Rares and Uncommoncs in your deck or? I'm like 29-0 right now and my buddy was talking about Rarer stuff.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Good Listener posted:

I'm a little curious in this game how you go up in the rank of getting the like...Super Rare tier and up. Do you just need to have a lot of Rares and Uncommoncs in your deck or? I'm like 29-0 right now and my buddy was talking about Rarer stuff.

It's determined by the sum of your hand's stats. So, higher ranked cards and leveling up cards will raise your rank.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Thanks! I'll remember this~

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Sockser posted:

It's determined by the sum of your hand's stats. So, higher ranked cards and leveling up cards will raise your rank.

This also includes your support cards. Switching out a Rare support for a Super Rare support qualified my exhibition deck for the Ultra Rare++ rank by the tiniest of slivers.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Since you fight better opponents at higher tiers, I've found it's beneficial to, once you get to a sliver shy of the next tier, chill out, bank up a bunch of cards/if you get any new heavy hitters keep them on the bench and feed them until you can't beef up anymore and then you can probably get halfway through the next tier as soon as you hit it.

I have a lvl25 SR Vince waiting to take over for a rare Jericho once I hit the card cap.

and a SR Andre that totally fucks up my tag team comp :(

e: 700/25 :toot:

e2:
vvvvv I'm concerned about my w:l ratio :shobon:

Sockser fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 19, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I just jump up to the higher tiers as fast as I can, because you get better cards depending on what your tier is.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

triplexpac posted:

I just jump up to the higher tiers as fast as I can, because you get better cards depending on what your tier is.

Exactly. Even though my deck is in Ultra Rare++ tier, I'm still being offered opponents in the Ultra Rare and Ultra Rare+ tier. Those matchups make for easy wins and more picks from the Ultra Rare++ deck.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sockser posted:

e2:
vvvvv I'm concerned about my w:l ratio :shobon:

Just don't lose then :colbert:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I wish I had looked at the card index so I'd know to combine the multiple commons I feed my rares and up.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The secret easy matches are the pay2win whales with UR+ avatars but few matches played as they'll have 1 killer card but generally gently caress all else, so you should almost always get a 2-1 win

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
So, I won that KotR, and got...two rare ADRs. To go with my two SR ADRs, I guess.

And then I combined my rare Hogans before one of them had fully leveled up. *headdesk*

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
My best card, by far, is my Level 0 Rare Pro Great Khali.

Have you ever gotten the impression that a game was punishing you for playing it?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I've spent the last hour building up, combining and building up again a Pro SR Cameron.

This is it, this is the lowest point of my life.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why do vids all autoplay now on this dumb site wtf

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

epitasis posted:

why do vids all autoplay now on this dumb site wtf

It's a bug YouTube pushed that interacts with the Chromecast extension. I guess they're working on a fix.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
How they can fix KOTR: halve time between matches, halve number of matches before bracket.

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you
I hate you guys for pointing out this game.
KOTR has me getting up at stupid hours of the morning just to give my guys energy etc.

I got up this morning thinking I had won! Only to realise that was just qualifying, not the whole bloody thing.
I signed up to my first KOTR with basically the first 10 cards I had, so I pretty much have to keep my 2 rares on full energy and sub other Uncommon cards regularly

Good news is, I know I should be able to win because I have beaten everyone in the quarter finals during the qualifying.
Bad news is that on rough maths, if I make it to the final, it's going to be at 3am and I can only hope that whoever else is in the final is also Australian and therefore just as asleep as I am.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

DoctorDelaware posted:

So, I won that KotR, and got...two rare ADRs. To go with my two SR ADRs, I guess.

And then I combined my rare Hogans before one of them had fully leveled up. *headdesk*

It'll be nicer when you sign up for the next KOTR, because your nicer cards will qualify you for two Super Rares instead, and so on.

Claytor posted:

My best card, by far, is my Level 0 Rare Pro Great Khali.

Have you ever gotten the impression that a game was punishing you for playing it?

Why haven't you leveled that Pro Khali? The first 10 levels are so go fast, and will make a big difference.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I agree with the goon who said that playing Supercard makes them miss Raw Deal.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I liked the WWF and WCW CCGs. The WCW one was probably dead from day 1 since the starter character was Buff Bagwell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Chinook posted:

Why haven't you leveled that Pro Khali? The first 10 levels are so go fast, and will make a big difference.

I really should, but I'm working on combining my two Rare Natties, too.