Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

xeria posted:

They literally killed the main character in the first 5 minutes, then the entire season was a big whodunnit "mystery" about it that the showrunner still refuses to ever actually solve.

Then the final shot was all the other characters runway walking with windmachines and dramatic lighting into the police station to be interrogated.

She came out and said Alice did it while they were planning a spinoff, of Alice being in jail and it being all... whatever. gently caress Chaiken, she can't write.
But you know Moennig can act because she's a huge nelly bottom in real life and to play a top like that is fantastic. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Look man

I am a simple man, with simple pleasures

When an episode of television gives me a shouty lanky English nerd sword fighting an alien on his own, city sized ship, I am going to love that episode of television

That is just a fact

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Hey, early nu-Doctor Who was mostly fun. It just turned into ... something else in recent years.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
It’s starting to get kind of weird in here, so I’m going to just post one of the best TV show themes ever and see what the judgment is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUltrX-ICew

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Eh, I hate all those 80's and 90's "smooth jazz" themes.

Oh, good for you, you got a bass guitar and an alto saxophone. Wouldn't want you to shell out too much money.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Night Court loving ruled. :colbert:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

I liked the werewolf lawyer.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Just finished the latest 24 and you know what, good for them. It was a really strong season and wasn't marred by any padding. I hope the creative team realises the usefulness of the 12 episode format and don't go back to 24 episodes again.

Both Sutherland and William Devane had great, crushing, moments in the last episode. For all the ridiculous faults and moments the show has sometimes, it can nail those small human moments that show what a burden that life is.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

precision posted:

Mr. Plinkett, is that you?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Times an actor has left a big show to pursue other roles and not had their career bellyflop immediately afterward:

-

It's not like the other stars of Lost are having amazing careers right now (except maybe Michael Emerson)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Elizabeth Mitchell has been in quite a bit of stuff, although everything has failed. She has now been cast in Once Upon a Time.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Denise Crosby probably regrets leaving Star Trek: TNG.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

HorseRenoir posted:

It's not like the other stars of Lost are having amazing careers right now (except maybe Michael Emerson)

Evangeline Lilly played a universally hated elf in the Lord of the Hobbits movies and will be appearing in Marvel's Edgar Wright-less Ant-Man.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

HorseRenoir posted:

Daniel Day Kim is doing alright. He was also the voice of Johnny Gat, I had no idea.

But yeah, it seems like other than Emerson being on PoI the ones that weren't relatively big names before like Terry O'Quinn aren't doing much of anything.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Irish Joe posted:

Evangeline Lilly played a universally hated elf in the Lord of the Hobbits movies and will be appearing in Marvel's Edgar Wright-less Ant-Man.

Wasn't she a totally original character to? I didn't realize people hated her?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah first I've heard that too.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

HorseRenoir posted:

All the Lost actors seem to be slowly getting absorbed into Hawaii Five-O.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I don't think the character was hated so much as that loving interminable mess of an action sequence was hated. And that's really all I remember about her in that movie.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
People hate that their Hobbit movies have a "dumb gay" love triangle in them I think.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

Wasn't she a totally original character to? I didn't realize people hated her?

She's an original character because Peter Jackson realized that otherwise there would be no female characters at all in The Hobbit. The only one I can think of in the book is Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, Bilbo's cousin who tries to steal all his stuff.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

She's an original character because Peter Jackson realized that otherwise there would be no female characters at all in The Hobbit.

And in all fairness, it was the right decision to make. Its nice having something to look at in the Hobbit movies that isn't a hairy man or a loving cartoon. The problem is in the execution, and making her nothing but a lovesick puppy mooning after a dwarf she only talked to for five seconds.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

To be fair there's a ton of other stuff wrong with the Hobbit movies too. Such as there being 2 too many.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Just finished marathoning Don't trust the B. It was actually pretty good. Happy Endings and New Girl were pretty fun watches as well. Any related recommendations?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Watch Happy Endings again, I guess.

David Caspe has a new show coming out with Casey Wilson in the fall called Marry Me. Looks like the same vibe as Happy Endings, at least. drat you TBS for dropping it for American Dad.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You'll probably like You're the Worst

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

-Blackadder- posted:

Just finished marathoning Don't trust the B. It was actually pretty good. Happy Endings and New Girl were pretty fun watches as well. Any related recommendations?

Bunheads.

BUNHEADS.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

-Blackadder- posted:

Better off Ted if you haven't seen it.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

Bunheads.

BUNHEADS.
I wish that got a second season.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
They probably should've cut like 3 minutes out of the middle, but still pretty good I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovqM72em1dA

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

DrVenkman posted:

Just finished the latest 24 and you know what, good for them. It was a really strong season and wasn't marred by any padding. I hope the creative team realises the usefulness of the 12 episode format and don't go back to 24 episodes again.

Both Sutherland and William Devane had great, crushing, moments in the last episode. For all the ridiculous faults and moments the show has sometimes, it can nail those small human moments that show what a burden that life is.

This was the general consensus in the thread as well. Even though there's no news regarding another season/movie- there HAS to be another one.

Also, be on the lookout for when the set comes on BluRay/DVD - for a scene regarding The whereabouts of Tony

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

-Blackadder- posted:

Broad City.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

-Blackadder- posted:

Playing House.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

VDay posted:

They probably should've cut like 3 minutes out of the middle, but still pretty good I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovqM72em1dA

Cut nothing. Make this a real show.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Toxxupation posted:

Look man

I am a simple man, with simple pleasures

When an episode of television gives me a shouty lanky English nerd sword fighting an alien on his own, city sized ship, I am going to love that episode of television

That is just a fact

I'm honestly not surprised. The hate will flow through you again, later. But at first, Tennant suckers you in with his lovable shoutiness. There's a reason Doctor Who became enormously popular with women around that time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So I just found out that the TV show Viper had a syndicated run after it was cancelled from NBC and ran for four seasons and had 78 episodes :eyepop:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Piper Perabo show on USA has been running for like 6 years. I'm not convinced anyone watches it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

The Piper Perabo show on USA has been running for like 6 years. I'm not convinced anyone watches it.

Netflix is always trying to get me to watch that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

I watch it.

It's ok.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Regy Rusty posted:

I watch it.

It's ok.

I watched the first 3 seasons of it. Then I realized that at the end of each season, I couldn't remember a single thing that had happened. So I stopped.

It's okay. But very forgettable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's how all USA shows are designed to be.

Attractive people and blue skies.

• Locked thread