Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Filho is a MW in spirit, much like the state of his recent opponents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
How could you forget Okami :mad:

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Favorite Mighty Mo'ment was when Barnett kicked him in the balls 4 seconds into their fight of Dream 13. Barnett spent the next 20 minutes standing in his corner while more and more Japanese doctors came to fondle his balls (at one point even covering him with a towel).

He said "gently caress it , I'm done" and more and more Japanese businessmen came by presumably to throw him more money so their co-main event actually happens.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Does the Alvarez signing make Ben Askren the now undisputably top fighter who has not signed with the UFC? Or would that be Cyborg?

I feel like I'm forgetting someone...

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Jon Fitch

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Yushin Okami

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Both of those guys were signed with the UFC. I meant active fighters who have never been on the UFC roster.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Does the Alvarez signing make Ben Askren the now undisputably top fighter who has not signed with the UFC? Or would that be Cyborg?

Probably Askren but also Jessica Aguilar and Justin Gaethje.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CommonShore posted:

Both of those guys were signed with the UFC. I meant active fighters who have never been on the UFC roster.

I see. Technically Semmy Schilt has competed as an MMA fighter and Big Timmy was trying to start a twitter rumor about a UFC supper weight division, so please take this post as my humble apology.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I just watched Semmy Schilt crumble Petey Williams on UFC 31 last week and it ruled.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Thank You.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

masato tatanka posted:

I just watched Semmy Schilt crumble Petey Williams on UFC 31 last week and it ruled.

And the fact that I forgot this fight too means it's bed time. I'm getting old.

Please tell me Melvin never had UFC fight, because that's my next answer and if I'm forgetting a fight again I'm going to be sad.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CommonShore posted:

Bibiano

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lid posted:

Bibiano

Bibiano is a good answer.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
paulo filho.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
ricardo arona.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Michelle Waterson

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

James Thompson

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Mamed Khalidov

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Fyodor (The Last Emperor) Emelianenko

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bobby Lashley

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Bellator cut Baroni.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The YAMMA Cage

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gregor Samsa posted:

Bellator cut Baroni.

Goddamn that dude has had a depressing last few years. He invited me to come train with him after we became Twitter buddies. I wish he'd just retire.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
no Marcin Held love? ya'll are fuckin up

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

-Atom- posted:

no Marcin Held love? ya'll are fuckin up

LobsterMobster posted:

Dudes in Bellator what should be in UFC:

LW - Pole Harris

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Shame on me for not knowing his rad nickname.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Goddamn that dude has had a depressing last few years. He invited me to come train with him after we became Twitter buddies. I wish he'd just retire.

Why would you pass on this opportunity to possibly work out on Coleman's porch

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

coconono posted:

James Thompson

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Phil Baroni. The UFC needs its Brooklyn Brawler.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Baroni was cut for sympathizing with War Machine so gently caress him and let him box hobos for sandwiches

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

LobsterMobster posted:

Baroni was cut for sympathizing with War Machine so gently caress him and let him box hobos for sandwiches

Well, he was also probably cut because he's bad at fighting.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

LobsterMobster posted:

The only source for that is a drunk Phil Baroni.

http://prommanow.com/2014/08/20/it-wasnt-because-of-war-machine-bellator-explains-phil-baroni-release/

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

if you are knocked out by Karo "Bro" Parisyan in this modern era you should probably consider a change in jobs

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

maffew buildings posted:

if you are knocked out by Karo "Bro" Parisyan in this modern era you should probably consider a change in jobs

Become a drug dealer, get your revenge

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
B-League Update!

This week is loving packed with cool fights, there should be something for everyone, no matter what type of degenerate. Helpful Twitter person @grabakahitman has done the (extensive)work for me, so this week's combat sports cards/streams are all linked here: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/thread/2356306/This-Week-in-MMACombat-Sports---Aug-21st---24th

Notable cards include: CWFC, RFA, Titan FC, DEEP, IGF, Shooto Brasil: BOPE 3 (SWAT team fight time)!

Join us in #mma to chat about weird fighters fighting weirdly!

individual865 fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 21, 2014

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Crocop still fights :(

otoh Imamari still fights :)

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

If this is a reputable source, the big news is actually that Bellator is scaling back operations by a lot and only going to have 15 or 16 shows next year. They've done 13 shows this year so far (haven't had an event since July) and were on pace for about 25, same as last year I'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
On the MMA hour Coker also said they aren't done with tournaments...but then started talking about the Strikeforce HW tourney and the gals tourney so it'll probably be stuff like that.