Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Hero's hoping to try and convince WWE that he's really Bull Dempsey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

pressedbunny posted:

Uncharacteristically mundane response for Saraya.

She drove to the person who asked the question's house and kicked her square in the vagina after posting her response.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

People congraulating Ryback on his first tweet last night make me laugh.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

TheJoker138 posted:

She drove to the person who asked the question's house and kicked her square in the vagina after posting her response.

LOL !

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
What happened to Big E's twitter? Did the Illuminati get him after D-Bry questioned him about 9/11?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

He's actually been snarkily making GBS threads on WWE the last few days and it is hilarious.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That'll be why it's been deleted then.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've been reading Big E's twitter lately and groaning. He really did learn a lot from Ziggler.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My new favorite WWE Twitterer is Becky Lynch after livepunning Summerslam and Raw.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Senerio posted:

My new favorite WWE Twitterer is Becky Lynch after livepunning Summerslam and Raw.

The thing I am most amused by is that Monday night she gained twice as many followers during Raw than any of her NXT appearances.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Sigma posted:

I've been reading Big E's twitter lately and groaning. He really did learn a lot from Ziggler.

Ziggler's twitter has been really entertaining recently.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Why do people here hate when wrestlers speak about legit grievances about a company who is known to treat their employees like poo poo?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Why do people here hate when wrestlers speak about legit grievances about a company who is known to treat their employees like poo poo?

Because it deep sixes their career and they should loving know better.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Because it deep sixes their career and they should loving know better.

Well what does it matter if they aren't getting used and probably won't get used?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Well what does it matter if they aren't getting used and probably won't get used?

Because then it just comes off as petty. They're being paid to do nothing. In Dolph and Big E's cases, they get used, just not the way they'd like.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 20, 2014

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

The_Rob posted:

Because this is a dumb industry where other promoters will steer clear of people airing out dirty laundry.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Because then it just comes off as petty. They're being paid to do nothing. In Dolph a Big E's cases, they get used, just not the way they'd like.

If you decide to dedicate your entire life to pro wrestling why would you want to sit around and do nothing, or be made to look like a nothing? Why should they be grateful to a company who probably told them they were going to do a lot with them, and then said oh we got nothing for you.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aubergine Mage posted:

Because this is a dumb industry where other promoters will steer clear of people airing out dirty laundry.

What other promoters? You're telling me a promoter won't put former wwe superstar Big E on a flyer to sell a few extra tickets? Dixie will hire literally any one, and most promoters will hire any bitter dickhead if it means it will make them a few bucks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The_Rob posted:

If you decide to dedicate your entire life to pro wrestling why would you want to sit around and do nothing, or be made to look like a nothing? Why should they be grateful to a company who probably told them they were going to do a lot with them, and then said oh we got nothing for you.

They're being paid around 6 figures plus residuals for nothing. If they feel they'd be better used elsewhere, they should leave. It's a bit hypocritical to poo poo on a company for not doing things to your exact liking while cashing their cheques.

Selane
May 19, 2006

It's a bit hypocritical to poo poo on a company for not doing things to your exact liking while cashing their cheques.

Punk did the same thing while getting paid drastically more money and everyone loves him for some reason.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If you went on Twitter and bitched that Tracy from Accounting got the promotion even though you're way smarter and better than her and she probably only got it because she's hot, would you expect that to help your career prospects? Because that's what Ziggler, Ryder and Big E are doing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Selane posted:

Punk did the same thing while getting paid drastically more money and everyone loves him for some reason.

Punk rarely complained on Twitter. He went straight to creative and Vince and threatened to leave.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gaz-L posted:

If you went on Twitter and bitched that Tracy from Accounting got the promotion even though you're way smarter and better than her and she probably only got it because she's hot, would you expect that to help your career prospects? Because that's what Ziggler, Ryder and Big E are doing.

Wrestling is not accounting. Vince is not a sane rational boss.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Also, and this is an important distinction, Punk DID leave. Unlike Zigs or Ryder, he basically followed through on his complaints and put his money where his mouth was.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Wrestling is not accounting. Vince is not a sane rational boss.

...And you think this would make such behaviour MORE likely to get a positive reaction? Rather than get you written off as a gutless whiner who won't even voice these opinions to the boss's face?

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

Ehhh it depends...Wrestling on one hand is a weird carny type industry, but on the other, these dudes are athletes in how they train and perform on a stage this big...in fact i'd probably say that WWE super stars perform at one of the highest levels of any professional sport in terms of training, conditioning and output just due to the grueling schedules.

So by that logic, these folks are probably super competitive to begin with. Its like asking "why is that 2nd string quarter back bitching that he isn't starting? Hes getting paid a ton of money!" Its because they are competitive and don't just want money but they want to be famous in their industry.

Not that it excuses them for bitching on an open forum, which i agree is not professional, but it explains it a bit. Some people don't just want decent money they want to be a star or be great in their field.

Theres plenty of Hall of Fame NFL/MLB/NHL players are the exact same way.

Hell even millionaires are the same way, they want to be the best and do more. You rarely see CEOs who run successful companies go "yeah i'm just happy to be here every day and have a job" nope, they generally are "we made a 300% profit compared to last year, but our main competition made 320%, we need to beat them!

Its really how successful/competitive people are wired and when they feel they aren't get a chance to show what they can do, they get disgruntled.

That said, i love when wrestlers bitch on social media, mostly because the back room drama in WWE is generally more entertaining than the drama they produce on TV.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
There's also the issue that all talent is basically forced to start a Twitter account, so you have hilariously empty ones like Ambrose and Lesnar's accounts, Professional ones like Cena's and then you get the whiny ones, the loving crazy ones (ahem Ryback) and then suddenly you have dudes committing career suicide on a Wednesday afternoon.

Then you have the COO of the company cut a smarky promo one the first ten minutes of RAW and basically give the whole roster the idea hat this is what you need to do to get over.

WWE should probably be investing more in media training and less in building this weird "Break Kayfabe but Not Too Much" culture.

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

Angular Landbury posted:

There's also the issue that all talent is basically forced to start a Twitter account, so you have hilariously empty ones like Ambrose and Lesnar's accounts, Professional ones like Cena's and then you get the whiny ones, the loving crazy ones (ahem Ryback) and then suddenly you have dudes committing career suicide on a Wednesday afternoon.

Then you have the COO of the company cut a smarky promo one the first ten minutes of RAW and basically give the whole roster the idea hat this is what you need to do to get over.

WWE should probably be investing more in media training and less in building this weird "Break Kayfabe but Not Too Much" culture.

yeah, this to...this fucks over wrestlers as well.

I mean, when your average Joe is just yelling racist and homophobic slurs like its an xbox call of duty match im not really surprised when you see young professional adults who spent a lot of early 20's late teens growing up on social media.

I'm a Washington Redskins fan so I have RG3...so all in all, yeah its not hard to see these guys gently caress up their career by using twitter.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

The_Rob posted:

What other promoters? You're telling me a promoter won't put former wwe superstar Big E on a flyer to sell a few extra tickets? Dixie will hire literally any one, and most promoters will hire any bitter dickhead if it means it will make them a few bucks.

I've worked for a few who would, and a few who wouldn't. Not every promoter is going to take a chance on risking someone bashing them later, because that's a potential earnings-killer if word gets out that you're a shitheel and suddenly people you're counting on booking as major draws turn you down as a result. The super-sleazy indie guys won't have a problem, but I've worked for several guys who wouldn't touch a situation like that with a stick because of the potential heat.

Basically, this is a weird industry.

Rags to Liches fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 21, 2014

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
No it's just as common in other industries. I had a coworker who got fired for wearing a t-shirt from our work into a bar because our boss didn't wan't the program to be associated with "reckless hedonism" (his words). Despite the fact that my coworker was a married man in his late 30's who was at a brewery/eatery with his wife and two kids. If you have any kind of public facing persona you shouldn't poo poo talk your bosses, express any ill will towards your workplace or question any decision publicly. It's a public venue being followed by thousands of people and you can't expect them not to punish you for biting the hand.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

generally it's annoying to read and that's my two cents

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A lot of people, both in and out of wrestling, just don't know how to use Twitter in such a way that keeps their private and professional lives separate. That's why it's both dumb for WWE to mandate the use of Twitter and for the wrestlers to use it to throw shade on their employer/co-workers.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sometimes it is fun and makes a guy seem more normal and likeable when they go off company message though.

Not twitter, but if I were Daniel Bryan would I talk about how great NJPW is and how Shinsuke Nakamura is the best wrestler in the world at a WWE media event? Hell no. I'd wait until I had a private phone conversation with Dave to share my thoughts on how much I liked a non WWE wrestling product.

Does it make me like the guy more for not simply coming off as a robot saying nothing but how great it is to have the chance to entertain the WWE Universe™? gently caress yes.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 21, 2014

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

El Estrago Bonito posted:

No it's just as common in other industries. I had a coworker who got fired for wearing a t-shirt from our work into a bar because our boss didn't wan't the program to be associated with "reckless hedonism" (his words). Despite the fact that my coworker was a married man in his late 30's who was at a brewery/eatery with his wife and two kids.

Is wrongful dismissal not a thing in the US? Because if you did that here you'd be in front of a judge in a minute, who would then go on to ream you to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Memento posted:

Is wrongful dismissal not a thing in the US? Because if you did that here you'd be in front of a judge in a minute, who would then go on to ream you to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Due to the rather amusingly named "Right to Work" laws in most states not really.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Tyler Perry movies aren't very funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Memento posted:

:lol: US laws protecting middle-class workers

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Memento posted:

Here you're basically allowed to be fired for anything that doesn't put you in a protected class. And even then you can get around it by being a sneaky fucker. Like if you're a gay man with a public facebook page that identifies you as a employee, you can't be fired for being gay, but if you put up pictures every weekend of you and your roommates getting blitzed at some EDM show while wearing JNCO's and pacifiers they can fire you for presenting an image that they don't want their company associated with (Hobby Lobby is notorious for this kind of thing).

It's super lovely and it's loving over my town something bad right now. We have a ton of unemployed college grads, so if you're just an 18 year old kid or something its really hard to get a job bagging groceries or something because some dude with a random Liberal Arts degree is going to be more hireable. Combine this with the fact that they can fire people for BS reasons it means that a lot of big business around here just eats through really competent workers at an astonishing rate and leaves poor people who need jobs high and dry. It's practically an industry skill to figure out how to fire people for being undesirable to you and also it promotes people who are insane megalomaniac asskissers to every mid level position.

So yeah, I'm just really used to not sticking my neck out on any social media these days. I know for a lot of these wrestlers however it must be hard since Twitter is a way that they can have a minor amount of direct interaction with fans outside of the arms of WWE creative. It's just a very very fine line they have to walk while doing it. Actors have this issue too which can greatly hurt their publicity or make people think they are stupid or extremely airheaded (see: all the buzz about Emma Watson being bad at Twitter). If they aren't thinking about it right now I wouldn't be shocked if WWE is looking into hiring a social media etiquette guy to basically run all these guys thru the ropes on this stuff. I had an old buddy from school get picked up for a as-of-yet unaired TV pilot and they basically made everyone go to a two hour conference with a PR firm that outlayed exactly how they were going to be allowed to use social media if and when the show began.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Their social media guy is the one that del Rio decked for being racist. So probably not the best guy to lecture someone on etiquette.