Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
On Meinberg?

Meinberg who was at -1?

That is some seriously lovely logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

On Meinberg?

Meinberg who was at -1?

That is some seriously lovely logic.

-2 w/ Mill's vote at the time. Still means all of jack even if it was -1 though. A fart in the wind, much like your posts.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It was -1 until I changed my vote.

You're insane if you think there's no chance that lynch could have gone through.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh, sorry Ecco, kill.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

It was -1 until I changed my vote.

You're insane if you think there's no chance that lynch could have gone through.

It was -2,

More importantly, in a hypothetical world where Mills leaves his vote on, and then Meinberg gets hammered, Mills still wouldn't be scummy for it. The scummiest person would be the hammerer.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Check votefinder, it was clearly -1.

Also I think if Ecco is using his normal rules it's still -1.

##unvote
##vote Mills

And whether the person who hammered was scummy or not that doesn't change the fact that distancing yourself from a vote you are currently on is a scummy act.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Nah I'm just letting votefinder do it's thing this game, no need for unvoting this time.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Check votefinder, it was clearly -1.

Also I think if Ecco is using his normal rules it's still -1.

##unvote
##vote Mills

And whether the person who hammered was scummy or not that doesn't change the fact that distancing yourself from a vote you are currently on is a scummy act.

???

Okay this is completely unrelated to anyone's scumminess/townieness/wizardness/qfuhaifhafaf, but Mill's vote put Meinberg at -2. Furthermore he made his post about not voting before Meinberg was put at -1 by MMM.

Sandwolf votes: 1 vote
You vote: 2 votes
Mills votes: 3 votes
Mills makes recanting vote, but doesn't unvote
MMM votes Meinberg: 4 votes
You unvote: 3 votes

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

And nope, because he wasn't 'distancing', he was claiming that he no longer found Meinberg and appealing lynch. That he didn't unvote doesn't matter to jack. Unless you find his opinion change, in itself, scummy, there's no reason to be voting him regarding that entire scenario.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Uh hello I couldn't unvote because the forums went down.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

How does this occur to no one

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

##unvote

Can we get an updated vote count please? I'm phone posting.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Asiina'a vote on me is probably worst because she was posting right as forums went down as well.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I observe Meinberg posting elsewhere but avoiding this thread which suggests he doesn't want to address the elephant in the room, and would rather hope someone just stupidly votes me into a lynch, which I find scum behaviour. Going back with that vote.

##vote Meinberg

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Meezus posted:

Asiina'a vote on me is probably worst because she was posting right as forums went down as well.

What? I was posting as the forums went down so your vote isn't scummy? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Jon Joe posted:

And nope, because he wasn't 'distancing', he was claiming that he no longer found Meinberg and appealing lynch. That he didn't unvote doesn't matter to jack. Unless you find his opinion change, in itself, scummy, there's no reason to be voting him regarding that entire scenario.

It absolutely matters and not unvoting in the post you say you don't want to vote for someone is scummy.

Votes matter, especially in a small game like this. It's absolutely ludicrous to suggest that you can just leave your vote on anyone even if you don't believe they are scum because "they aren't going to get killed"

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Jesus christ. You are a lot of things but I didn't think you were stupid. I couldn't unvote because the forums LITERALLY WENT DOWN as I was trying to unvote. You were present, so you should be able to connect the dots.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I have made a horrible discovery.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

When I go to the reply screen, I can sometimes see Mills' posts by accident. They appear under the reply window without my permission. Is there a fix.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

No. :allears:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ok, by using SALR's "quick reply" feature, I am able to protect my eyes, and thus, the part of my brain that reacts to beauty and whatever the opposite of beauty is. A skeleton holding a soda can.

In an unrelated matter, Asiina, we may have to kill you.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Meezus posted:

I observe Meinberg posting elsewhere but avoiding this thread which suggests he doesn't want to address the elephant in the room, and would rather hope someone just stupidly votes me into a lynch, which I find scum behaviour. Going back with that vote.

##vote Meinberg

What? I have a lot of threads that I'm going through.

What's the elephant in the room? The fact that you had time to post that you weren't voting for me but not time to unvote me?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm going to vote for Meinberg or Asiina today unless something changes. Playing dumb isn't working for them.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Meezus posted:

I'm going to vote for Meinberg or Asiina today unless something changes. Playing dumb isn't working for them.

What if I actually am dumb? Didn't think about that one, did ya smart guy? With your clean suit and matching socks! And your above ground, self paid domicile!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ok well now i also have to vote meinberg.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

ok well now i also have to vote meinberg.

It was just this once, I promise Gulag-sama.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I'm good with my vote where it is.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

MMM, how do you feel about Asiina with respect to what I have posted?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meezus posted:

MMM, how do you feel about Asiina with respect to what I have posted?

For which part specifically? Asiina's posts are 2 and 3 minutes after yours and I think she is criticizing you for saying you no longer want to vote meinberg and not unvoting within the same post, instead apparently separating into a different post more than three minutes later?

I don't think her getting between you and the forums going down makes her point less valid in that regard. I don't think her point is that valid in the first place though.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

For which part specifically? Asiina's posts are 2 and 3 minutes after yours and I think she is criticizing you for saying you no longer want to vote meinberg and not unvoting within the same post, instead apparently separating into a different post more than three minutes later?

I don't think her getting between you and the forums going down makes her point less valid in that regard. I don't think her point is that valid in the first place though.

What do you think about Jefepato?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Her argument seems to hinge on the fact that I didn't unvote for several hours. This was obviously due to down-time and I think her unwillingness to admit this as possible, let alone state that it is in fact a highly probably narrative (given that she was there at the very same time), belies either great stupidity or deliberate obtuseness. Do you not read it this way?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know how I'm the stupid one for not being able to figure out that you totally were going to unvote in a different post from the one declaring your intentions to unvote. Maybe you would have but that's on you for not doing it. I can only know what you post not what you were going to post.

Also that there was no possibility of Meinberg ever getting killed when he got to -1. That it was totally impossible that someone would come in and hammer.

These are separate points since fair enough that Mills didn't see Meinberg get to -1 but that doesn't change the fact that it could happen. Having a vote on someone you say you don't believe is scum, especially in a small game where it only takes 5 votes, is absolutely worthy of discussion and requires an explanation.

However I see your point now and I see you weren't posting elsewhere between the downtime and I believe you.

##unvote

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

checking to see where other people are posting is a dishonorable tactic. i demand that in at least this, a society of space wizards, we rise above such disgrace

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

checking to see where other people are posting is a dishonorable tactic. i demand that in at least this, a society of space wizards, we rise above such disgrace

I see you've hardly posted in non-mafia threads lately.

Shameful.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I post in the West Wing thread!

It's basically that and mafia.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

What do you think about Jefepato?

J is very eagerly searching for scummy things but I haven't determined whether it's in a genuine looking for scum way or a looking for a person I can convincingly case way.

Jefepato posted:

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm really not sure why Asiina is at -2 already.

I've never tried Hearthstone, is it the kind of free-to-play that isn't free if you want to be remotely good at it?

This post put J on my radar initially and my read hasn't really changed since then.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I read Asiina's about-face as more town than Meinberg's awkward attempt to wash his hands of the situation. Sticking with my vote.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

But I say "hey guys, I'm town."

That means I'm town, duh.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah tbh I'm not getting a feeling that asiina is playing a scumgame from her case.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you know who is scum, though, is cckeane and sandwolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

you know who is scum, though, is cckeane and sandwolf.

But would Sandwolf start the ball rolling against someone he knows is town?

• Locked thread