Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry Mills you just don't have the hivemind magic like capps does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

capps moves mountains and men alike

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

For nongame related stress, I would like this super fast game to move super faster.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am considering moving the deadline up to 11PM EDT Wednesday.

I will take the majority opinion of the next three people to post.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So like 45 minutes from now?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

no, too soon

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

So like 45 minutes from now?

Yeah I'd be down with that.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Yeah!

So that's 1 neutral response.

1 ag'ains', and 1 totally for.

Asiina tiebreaker.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

It's a tie!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Can we make it midnight cause I have another game with an 11pm deadline.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Haha okay, midnight EDT.

As in 1 hour and 44 minutes from this post.

gl hf dd~

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ecco I want it to be 45 minutes from now, I was promised super quick

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

make it in ten minutes

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

1, 44 Is fine too

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Asiina, this is not helping your reputation for being difficult. :colbert:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

wow guess we better kill meinberg.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Jon Joe, are you REALLY a miller?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I would really prefer that you don't kill me, but it's not like I have a solid argument besides Mills being an rear end.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Alas.

How many people are around anyway? Me Gulag Mein Asiina MMM? Makes a lynch only possible on the other 4?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Meezus posted:

Jon Joe, are you REALLY a miller?

yes,

kill the jefepato

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I still think that Meinberg would know better than to wait to claim miller, so I don't believe his claim.

The fact that a whole bunch of other people are claiming miller is very strange and I don't know what to make of it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

I still think that Meinberg would know better than to wait to claim miller, so I don't believe his claim.

The fact that a whole bunch of other people are claiming miller is very strange and I don't know what to make of it.

I think it should pretty obviously give more credit to all the miller claims if there are like 3

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

There's only 3 miller claims and Gulag's claim isn't trustable. I can't see Jon Joe claiming miller as Meinberg's scum buddy and we're almost certainly guaranteed only 2 scum in a 9 man game. That doesn't mean Meinberg isn't scum, but he'd have to be lucky to hit on miller and have another miller in the game - the odds are too low. He's been awkward, and self-admitted he's not even trying to case anyone, but I don't think you can vote him based on the odds. Occam's Razor.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Asiina posted:

I think you vastly overestimate my intelligence.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Feels good if you read his history ##vote Jefepato

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!

Asiina posted:

I can't tell 100% but I assumed Jon Joe was joking about being a miller until other people started taking it seriously. If there were a bunch of real millers surely someone would have claimed sooner?

Also, I'm here.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Me in another game.

Meezus posted:

Please attach a case as well - a post history means zero on it's own. If you vote someone for a post history alone, without a case, you are deliberately not taking responsibility for your vote. It's like saying WELL IT'S NOT MY FAULT HE FLIPPED TOWN, HIS POST HISTORY SPOKE FOR ITSELF.

:ironicat:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't recall ever playing with Jef before so I can't meta argue anything but all of his posting just reads as really SAFE and really NEUTRAL with CAREFULLY CHOSEN words. I can't explain it better without using some of yuming's tildas.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Has anybody played with J before?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I've seen the name before so he has definitely played in a game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Looks like this is his 2nd/3rd game.

http://votefinder.org/player/jefepato

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!

Meezus posted:

I don't recall ever playing with Jef before so I can't meta argue anything but all of his posting just reads as really SAFE and really NEUTRAL with CAREFULLY CHOSEN words. I can't explain it better without using some of yuming's tildas.

You haven't played with me before, no (not Mafia games anyway). I've played a couple games before.

And what you're describing is basically how I often talk.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Please give me a non-safe opinion about something. Don't ask someone else a question. I want a statement.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I read through his post history. I do agree it's pretty stilted, but with a lack of meta on a new player I don't really find that damning. Especially compared to Meinberg who isn't usually this awkward. I can practically hear the nervousness in his posts.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello everybody I just got back from MAGIC WIZARD dodgeball how is everybody.

Mills who should I vote?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don't think J is the way to go

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I've tentatively ruled out Meinberg. I'm wondering about Jefe and MMM.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

But now I like MMM's post on J because I can't see that post being made by scum. Like why close down someone else's avenue.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

I don't think J is the way to go

You unvoted Meinberg and don't think J is the way to go, which way do you think is best?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

Meezus posted:

Please give me a non-safe opinion about something. Don't ask someone else a question. I want a statement.

CCKeane is a likely scum. They have basically said next to nothing aside from jokevoting GulagDolls.

I would have said Meinberg, but Meinberg has posted enough weird things that I can just about imagine him not realizing most people claim miller immediately, even though someone who's played that many games should know it.

• Locked thread