Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

thathonkey posted:

on the lookout for the first verse to be released about Mike Brown from a semi-legit rapper... (i say this because some random dude i went to hs with on my facebook has already "dropped" a verse whole song dedicated to the tragedy. I would link it here but id feel bad)

Did this not get posted?
https://soundcloud.com/50_cent/g-unit-ahhh-poo poo

Buck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58RSC7HO9aU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Were either of the 2 First of the Month releases Cam put out recently worth getting?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
While we're on Mike Brown, Clipping dropped a song about Ferguson.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDZX4ooRsWs

Drake cries to himself softly as the booty overwhelms him. Also Nicki Minaj
God drat this loving sucks.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Were either of the 2 First of the Month releases Cam put out recently worth getting?

The first one was ok but forgettable. I haven't listened to the second.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Why are y'all actually listening to the video, just watch it in silence.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/gucci-mane-pleads-guilty-to-firearms-charge-sentenced-to-39-months-news.11740.html

Gucci sentenced to 39 months.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

quote:

As he's already served time for eleven months, he's got 28 to go, and will likely get out in December 2016. Despite the sentence, U.S. District Court Judge Steve Jones, told GuWop that, though he's unfamiliar with the ATL rapper's music, "young people – my nieces and nephews – tell me you are quite cool."

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Way late to the game but after relistening to Drukqs because of Aphex Twin's new album, just realized that Kayne's Blame Game samples Avril 14th.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

bows1 posted:

Way late to the game but after relistening to Drukqs because of Aphex Twin's new album, just realized that Kayne's Blame Game samples Avril 14th.

The "Iran So Far" digital short from SNL got pulled because it's pretty much Avril 14th with some extra flares here and there. Of course no one got RDJ's permission, loooool

The Gucci news makes me sad though. #FreeGuwop

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

At least some of it has already been served, right?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

lol

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

At least some of it has already been served, right?

Almost a year. He should be out by Dec................... 2016 :cry:

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I'm hoping he gets out on good behaviour or some poo poo by mid-2016. Really sucks to hear he'll be sitting down for so long

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus Gucc.... :smith:

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

quote:

COOL NEWS PT. 2: THE BOX SET

THE LIL UGLY MANE ANTHOLOGY BOX SET (RIP) WILL CONSIST OF:

4 LP'S

2 LPS OF BRAND NEW UNRELEASED MATERIAL.

ONE OF SAID RELEASES BEING A BRAND NEW FULL ON UGLY / SHAWN KEMP CRUSHER.

THE OTHER A SURPRISE COLLABORATION FULL OF SECRET(S).

1 LP COMPILING ALL OF THE SINGLES.

1 LP EDITION OF PLAYAZ CIRCLE.

AS WELL AS 4 CASSETTES

1 EDITION OF THE NEW LP ON CASSETTE.

1 EDITION OF THE OTHER NEW LP ON CASSETTE.

A NEW EDITION OF MISTA THUG ISOLATION ON CASSETTE.

A CASSETTE OF INSTRUMENTALS, ODDITIES, WHATEVER THE gently caress FITS.

:::
HOLD YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT PRE-ORDER, COST, DUE DATE PLEASE. I WILL TELL YOU ALL OF THAT WHEN WE KNOW. WE WILL ALL KNOW TOGETHER WHEN I KNOW.

XO
ORMOLYCKA

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Cannot wait

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

HorseRenoir posted:

While we're on Mike Brown, Clipping dropped a song about Ferguson.

Apparently Killer Mike was on CNN today talking about it. I didn't catch it though. Some people got mad about his rap name lol.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

That's a lot of mixtapes to be dropped.

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
Wasn't it public knowledge that he was gonna be out in late 2016? No way he'd get out early with about 10 of the same charge under his belt.

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

weird theres no mister thug isolation LP

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

beer pal posted:

weird theres no mister thug isolation LP
it was already released....hell...i even own it!!!

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

but i dont!!!

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Enjoying Shabazz, ta whoever suggested that. Didn't realise it was the guy from Digable Planets

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Oppenheimer posted:

Wasn't it public knowledge that he was gonna be out in late 2016? No way he'd get out early with about 10 of the same charge under his belt.

Gucci tweeted a few days ago that he'd be out in 2015

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic

Insanely Sikh posted:

Enjoying Shabazz, ta whoever suggested that. Didn't realise it was the guy from Digable Planets

he's crazy original. very new school i like it.

met this kid yesterday his name is Bones the spitta, i know thats in conflict with Bones from LA but hes pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXoWVZoE8vE

THNDRTHF fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 21, 2014

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

nevermind. it was just a tagging problem

Budget Prefuse fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 21, 2014

Sunshine Mix
Jun 11, 2009

Insanely Sikh posted:

Have you listened to Shabazz's earlier stuff? Black Up is pretty tight--the first I heard of the group was when Lese Majesty dropped so I've been going through the whole discography.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I like Black Up better I think but the new album is really good too. Didnt realize it was the guy from digable planets.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

To the dj mustard chat earlier, the dude is really good at making strategic songs. Twerk EDM music is all around 100 bpm, and most of dj mustard produced songs fall in the high 90s bpm range and mix into each other really well. His songs also seem to dot the entire key range, so you could easily just mix mustard to mustard for a whole set if you wanted to. Dude actually sucks at djing from what I've seen though.

Reminder that Yung gleesh is the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIYA9PVyNBQ
new:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNj0Euhptqk&t=59s

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

After this thread helped me realize that I'm a hip hop grandpa, I decided to check out what the youth was listening to nowadays. These are the artists I have found enjoyable.

Please either poo poo on these guys or offer me some recommendations like them:

- Doppelgangaz
- Armand Hammer (billy woods & Elucid)
- Black Milk
- Qwel & Maker
- Blu & Exile

Thanks fellas.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

They're all ok but that's not really what the kids are listening to Gramps.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Hmm. Your avatar suggests that you are a "big idiot" and that your post was "bad." However, I am told that these days "bad" actually means "good," so I will have to take your word for it.

What about Childish Gambino, Shabazz Palaces, and Big K.R.I.T.?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Rush_shirt posted:

Hmm. Your avatar suggests that you are a "big idiot" and that your post was "bad." However, I am told that these days "bad" actually means "good," so I will have to take your word for it.

What about Childish Gambino, Shabazz Palaces, and Big K.R.I.T.?

My post was indeed bad but this is the new stupid newbie avatar. I've been rocking that thing for 9 years :(

If you're into Black Milk check out his collab with Danny Brown (black and brown) and if you like that then Dannys album XXX is amazing, and his most recent album Old won a lot of end of the year praise last year despite being kind of meh on repeat listens imo. Old also sounds a lot more EDM.

For KRIT I would start with his first two mixtapes KRIT Wuz Here and Return of Forever because I think they're still his strongest work. His debut album was pretty lackluster and his sound tally hasn't evolved much since then.

I can't really help with any of the others.

Edit: I have to admit that despite him getting a lot of praise in the thread I still haven't checked out Armand Hammer because I think that might be legitimately the stupidest rap name ever. And I love puns.

Edit2: oh and 90% of people hate Childish Gambino in this thread but I don't mind 3005 or Heartbeat or his songs with Chance the Rapper (whose mixtape you should check out its called Acid Rap).

Temple will tell you that Because the Internet is a 5 mic masterpiece though

Wezlar fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 21, 2014

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Your list suggests you like 'conscious' raps or whatever with wavy production, try out Mr. Muthafuckin Exquire and Run the Jewels.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Previous Jesus posted:

Apparently Killer Mike was on CNN today talking about it. I didn't catch it though. Some people got mad about his rap name lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9dZctr84QY

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Wezlar posted:

If you're into Black Milk check out his collab with Danny Brown (black and brown) and if you like that then Dannys album XXX is amazing, and his most recent album Old won a lot of end of the year praise last year despite being kind of meh on repeat listens imo. Old also sounds a lot more EDM.

I am not into Danny Brown, sorry!

Wezlar posted:

For KRIT I would start with his first two mixtapes KRIT Wuz Here and Return of Forever because I think they're still his strongest work. His debut album was pretty lackluster and his sound tally hasn't evolved much since then.

I got King Remembered in Time and like it. I'll check out those mix tapes.

Wezlar posted:

oh and 90% of people hate Childish Gambino in this thread but I don't mind 3005 or Heartbeat or his songs with Chance the Rapper (whose mixtape you should check out its called Acid Rap).

Temple will tell you that Because the Internet is a 5 mic masterpiece though

I am not into Chance. I like Camp. Because the Internet is growing on me, but Camp is the jam for me.

Harley C posted:

Your list suggests you like 'conscious' raps or whatever with wavy production, try out Mr. Muthafuckin Exquire and Run the Jewels.

I like the few tracks I've heard with Mr. Motherfucking on it. I'll check out more from him.

I love RtJ and anything Killer Mike/El-P related. You have me pegged.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

The trick with danny brown is to ease into his voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTKI2SjX44w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9b7uxX5LZo
I hated his voice, then I downloaded XXX and only listened to the songs where he uses a normal voice. Then slowly I started to love his crackhead voice. Try it.

That killer mike video is great, he really went well. Good thing they didn't get Cam'ron on. I would've liked it more if you could see killer mikes whole body as well as the female anchor though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

I'm fine with Danny's voice. I actually liked his verse on 1Train. I'm just not a fan of his lyrics, particularly on XXX. Old was better in that regard, but I think I liked the production on XXX better.