Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Finally hit UR tier and pulled a UR Naomi (bye pro rare Eva!), and for some reason the game keeps shipping me SR Vinces (3) and Andres (4) rather than anything else of value.

E: Dean finally gets to tag with Andre's ghost :unsmith:

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I liked the WWF and WCW CCGs. The WCW one was probably dead from day 1 since the starter character was Buff Bagwell.

But as Bagwell you could "Be The Stuff" once per turn!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Mayostard posted:

But as Bagwell you could "Be The Stuff" once per turn!

I saw a child purchase a Buff Bagwell action figure no less than a month ago in a Rite Aid. I still have no idea what a modern day 10 year old could see in a Buff Bagwell figure. But now that they have a Mama's Boy, I'm sensing it's maybe time for a comeback.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Antitonic posted:

Anyone who missed Russo booking EWR, it's been uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irE8uWCBzb4

He joins in at about 9:30.

On the topic of NewLegacy INC, I wonder how they can just break the game so easily.

Like here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78I8ln2XFaE

How could you even do this?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I liked the WWF and WCW CCGs. The WCW one was probably dead from day 1 since the starter character was Buff Bagwell.

My friends JUST gave me the two-player starter pack as a late birthday present. Never before opened, "1.00 clearance" sticker still intact.

It almost pained me to open it.

Double so when I found out that JJ was the other starter.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Alright enough is enough, I need a god drat decent Diva card asap :colbert: I have a lineup of Pro Super Rares and all I have for a diva is a rare Natalya.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

triplexpac posted:

Alright enough is enough, I need a god drat decent Diva card asap :colbert: I have a lineup of Pro Super Rares and all I have for a diva is a rare Natalya.

Same here. However, two Uncommon Natalyas trained to the max and combined, then trained to max again will be much stronger than your maxed rare. So do that in the meantime.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Chinook posted:

Same here. However, two Uncommon Natalyas trained to the max and combined, then trained to max again will be much stronger than your maxed rare. So do that in the meantime.

Sigh I GUESS, I just keep putting that off because I think "gosh I must be due to get a Super Rare Diva any time now!!"

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm almost done with Super Rare+ tier and I haven't got one god drat Super Rare the entire time I've been playing this tier

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Bard Maddox posted:

I'm almost done with Super Rare+ tier and I haven't got one god drat Super Rare the entire time I've been playing this tier

Try out KOTR. It's kinda fun, and as long as you've stuffed in your best cards, I bet you'll be in the tier where you'll almost surely get a SR card.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

triplexpac posted:

Sigh I GUESS, I just keep putting that off because I think "gosh I must be due to get a Super Rare Diva any time now!!"

I haven't even gotten a rare diva but my maxed before combine and then maxed again pro uncommon Eva beats everything but high levelled super rares.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Chinook posted:

Try out KOTR. It's kinda fun, and as long as you've stuffed in your best cards, I bet you'll be in the tier where you'll almost surely get a SR card.

I'm in the semifinals of one now! It's just been really annoying to get like 300 wins in the tier and no super rare :(

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Testekill posted:

On the topic of NewLegacy INC, I wonder how they can just break the game so easily.

Like here.

That probably happens because they hacked the Godfather's Ho/JR characters into a playable state, but they still have some glitchy data where their moves would be, because they were never meant to be played as.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Maxed Pro Virgil, a whopping +5 over a stock Cena Rare.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I feel like whomever worked on this game is like the world's biggest Erick Rowan fan. He has crazy good stats and has a Legendary level card when half the guys on the roster don't, including Bray Wyatt. It's almost as funny as the WWE Slam Attax set where The Miz was basically the world's greatest wrestler.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Just started on this today, pulled a SR Sheamus as soon as I got to the second tier. I'm taking a break because I have to recharge the phone.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 21, 2014

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Is anyone playing on android and able to get rid of the soft buttons while playing? They're covering up the card scores in exhibition so it's impossible to know which card to choose.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I play on Android and don't have that issue. What device/Android version are you running?

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Potsticker posted:

I play on Android and don't have that issue. What device/Android version are you running?

RAZR HD, v 4.4.2/KitKat

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
I'll occasionally have the buttons up on my Android - if I exit and quickly return to the game, that usually makes them go away.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Looking at the specifications, I don't see anything that jumps out as a reason why you would see that kind of behavior. My best guess at the moment would probably be something like the device reporting the wrong screensize to the program, not taking into account those soft keys.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

JoeRules posted:

I'll occasionally have the buttons up on my Android - if I exit and quickly return to the game, that usually makes them go away.

This fixed it, thanks!

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you
I won my KOTR!
2x Rare Tyson Kidd's

That was alot of effort for SFA reward.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm doing pretty well with this game!

SR Sheamus and Mr. McMahon, rare Rowan, Cena and AJ adds up to a 214-31 exhibition record so far.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
SR fully trained R-Truth
R pro fully trained Hogan and Austin.
Pro Henry
And pro fully trained uncommon Summer Rae with a training rare Nattie.

I love this game, cos its just short bursts of fun.

Hope the impending updates including more emphasis on paying dont gently caress it over.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

So after much trial and error I've come to suspect that there's not a ton you can do to bump up momentum at the top of your TEW card, especially for a popularity-heavy product. You just have to remember that the real world rules don't apply - a high card wrestler will be actively hurt when squaring off against a lower card wrestler if their momentum doesn't match. Momentum matching seems to be key - there's few if any ways to maintain a guy with higher momentum against one with lower, which is to say that you're going to helping your lower card guys more than your higher card guys no matter the outcome of their match. Heat always travels downward, but the wider the gulf the more heat dissipates on transfer. Getting a guy with E momentum up the card will require having him beat E+ guys, then when he gets up to E+ you put him over D- guys, and so on, pushing him up the card accordingly. Putting an E+ dude over a B- main eventer will maybe push your dude into D territory while dropping the main eventer several grades. Simple, right?

Somehow this didn't make sense to me for awhile. So I messed up - my high card dudes were in B- territory and I kept putting them over guys in the C range, which had the effect of setting the upper limit of roster momentum around C+. Not ideal for title changes, etc. So I figure I'll hire some popular and skilled workers for limited dates, debut them in segments highlighting their strengths in order to goose their momentum, and then have them wrestle my main event guys, dispensing bonuses to smooth over ruffled feathers when a job is needed. And then I just do the gradual "bubble under the tape" method of card progression for my young guns.

The thing is that momentum feels like a finite resource in this game, with only so much to go around among the entire roster. Were you to turn on repetition penalties (I've got them off cuz I just want to learn and have fun) I don't imagine how you'd be able to maintain top guy heat without a deep bench of well-over guys to keep it up. My understanding was that angles don't typically have a huge effect on momentum, but I could be wrong.

The way I understand it, momentum is basically a measure of the rate of overness accrual (ie regional popularity), so stagnant momentum at a high-ish grade is fine, because it just means the wrestler is becoming more popular at a certain rate. Does that cycle back around to affect momentum? Or does it just affect gates? I'm starting to better understand the mechanics of this game - even though I put on consistently fantastic shows (D+ or C- ratings for an E/E- fed) my gate numbers tend to fluctuate wildly. I thought it might have something to do with the days I've booked (no one wanting to hit up a 2 hour wrestling show on a Wednesday night, etc) but in retrospect it's probably because I've done such a poo poo job of preserving momentum. My guys' popularity (and their drawing power, by extension) isn't stable.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Aug 21, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hit Ultra Rare tier :toot:

Hey cool! Now I'll never lose diva's matche--

Oh :smith:

But hey, I made it to 1000 wins today (35 losses)
Here's my current lineup:

Vinnie Mac is the weakpoint, for sure. But every new Super Rare I get is a loving yellow and I want to stay all blue.

e: King of the Ring stats drop even if you're not yellow, turns out. Replaced my image so you can see my real stats.

Sockser fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 21, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sockser posted:

e: King of the Ring stats drop even if you're not yellow, turns out. Replaced my image so you can see my real stats.

I'm confused by this statement. Did you not get the fatigue thing or is there another KotR bit that I'm missing?

I've gotten three SR wrestlers and two of them are the Big Show so I feel your "I want to stay all blue" pain, though :negative:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm confused by this statement. Did you not get the fatigue thing or is there another KotR bit that I'm missing?

I've gotten three SR wrestlers and two of them are the Big Show so I feel your "I want to stay all blue" pain, though :negative:

I knew about fatigue, but I didn't think stats were affected until you dropped below a threshold and the numbers went yellow.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sockser posted:

I knew about fatigue, but I didn't think stats were affected until you dropped below a threshold and the numbers went yellow.

Oh, I get it now. I thought you were still talking about the tag team diamonds.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Sockser posted:

Hit Ultra Rare tier :toot:

Hey cool! Now I'll never lose diva's matche--

Oh :smith:

I think the most important thing to take away from this is that Brie is apparently going to be using Daniel's Knee Plus as well as the Yes Lock as a finisher moving forward.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

So after much trial and error I've come to suspect that there's not a ton you can do to bump up momentum at the top of your TEW card

Here's the one thing I've found about momentum: the best way to bump it up quickly is have a really good feud.

When you look at your storyline screen, it will tell you if the participant is looking good or looking bad. If he's looking good and the storyline is rated well, when you click End Storyline the guy will get a good bump up.

If the guy is looking bad, or if you do a gimmick change that doesn't go well, his momentum will drop.

But yeah just boosting momentum through matches doesn't seem to do much, which is too bad. I'm not sure how important momentum is, but it sucks having a roster filled with C- guys.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Testekill posted:

Like here.

Its like something out of the Thing :stonk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQZCZiP6L3M

Also a personal favorite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HubZ0AcX6_o

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So in order to get maximum stats out of a combined card, the two you're going to combine need to be at max level? How big of a difference is it between one of them being maxed and both of them being maxed, if that's known?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So in order to get maximum stats out of a combined card, the two you're going to combine need to be at max level? How big of a difference is it between one of them being maxed and both of them being maxed, if that's known?

Huge.

Like, ~300 points total for two maxed SRs=>maxed pro SR vs two level1 SRs=> maxed pro SR.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I just ran into a glitch that shows that it doesn't matter which card you pick, the rewards are predetermined. I chose a card, got Jey Uso, the game didn't proceed and I got my pick back, chose a different card, got Jey Uso. That happened twice more, so I just shut down the game.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Mayostard posted:

I just ran into a glitch that shows that it doesn't matter which card you pick, the rewards are predetermined. I chose a card, got Jey Uso, the game didn't proceed and I got my pick back, chose a different card, got Jey Uso. That happened twice more, so I just shut down the game.

Yeah I just assume that's how all these games work, probably to prevent people from intentionally crashing the game to try a different pick.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Is there a way to reset your Supercard game and start over?

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 21, 2014

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

BigRed0427 posted:

Is there a way to reset your Supercard game and start over?

I don't think so. However, other than your record, you shouldn't really need to. You could just start using lower level cards as that will move you down the ladder in who you are competing with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Sockser posted:

Huge.

Like, ~300 points total for two maxed SRs=>maxed pro SR vs two level1 SRs=> maxed pro SR.

I get that 2 Maxed out cards are way better than Level 1's, I'm wondering how much better are two maxes over one max and one level1/low level.