Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Etrips posted:

Is there a uhh... guide for different optimal builds for ARAM? ADCs/APCs are pretty straight forward, but I still feel that my normal bruiser / tanky builds aren't optimal.

Make sure someone buys Aegis/Locket if there's more than one AP damage on the enemy team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
s

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 20, 2015

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

I found Braum, guys.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Methanar posted:

I found Braum, guys.

Holy poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Is it bad that I instantly prepare my body for a loss when someone on my team picks LeBlanc?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Is it bad that I instantly prepare my body for a loss when someone on my team picks LeBlanc?

Seems rational. She's probably the weakest champion in the entire game right now.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Every once in a while you get a LeBlanc whisperer...

but more often you get a mid that doesn't understand the basic fact "as long as you don't feed LeBlanc, she loses". So all you have to do is sit back, even lose a few CS if you have to! As long as you don't let her feast, you win!

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Is there any sorta in depth general guides for runes and masteries? Like most of the time I can look up specific champs and get a pretty obvious and consistent set ups but then every once in a while I get what I found for Karma support where probuilds showed me 9/9/12, 9/12/9, 9/0/21, 0/9/21, 0/16/14 and few other weird ones. It'd be nice if some cool nerd has written a big essay to give me some guidelines for when I'm forced to choose for myself rather then just copy and pasting.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
A good Galio is seriously spooky to play against. Monster base damages and low cooldowns, clutch shields, pinpoint slows, a teamwide speed buff? Then there's his waveclear and strong trading in lane. Then, drat, you throw in an epic mass disable that ends with a shattering nuke. On top of all this... he gets stronger by building defense?!

I'd say he's brutally overtuned right now.

Witters
Jan 14, 2008

If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done.

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Is there any sorta in depth general guides for runes and masteries? Like most of the time I can look up specific champs and get a pretty obvious and consistent set ups but then every once in a while I get what I found for Karma support where probuilds showed me 9/9/12, 9/12/9, 9/0/21, 0/9/21, 0/16/14 and few other weird ones. It'd be nice if some cool nerd has written a big essay to give me some guidelines for when I'm forced to choose for myself rather then just copy and pasting.

I haven't found an in depth guide for runes and masteries I'd recommend. Probably because any guides or recommendations become outdated overtime. Optimal rune setups especially tend to shift as the meta changes. The best I can recommend is checking probuilds and trying to figure out the average set ups for each champion, and ask yourself sometimes why you think the pro player chose these runes. For example, where they going for an aggressive early game, or were they trying to play more defensive?

Here's my current runes and masteries I'm using based on the latest info I can find from probuilds: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/25867990#runes

The first 6 pages of runes are for support, the next 3 for jungle, 2 for adc, 2 for ad, and 2 for ap. I have labeled them by my most played champs on each role, but it's not fixed and it really depends on match up.

I've seen Libertine also link some good set ups I would recommend looking at, from himself and korean pro players, if he would like to post them for you.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Lovechop posted:

here's my suggested ARAM build for all champions:

full loving damage

I went against a hecarim (our team was all ap) he just bnuild all MR and health and become so bulky that we couldn't 1v5 him

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Brannock posted:

A good Galio is seriously spooky to play against. Monster base damages and low cooldowns, clutch shields, pinpoint slows, a teamwide speed buff? Then there's his waveclear and strong trading in lane. Then, drat, you throw in an epic mass disable that ends with a shattering nuke. On top of all this... he gets stronger by building defense?!

Or you can just kite his stupid rear end and force him to use a flash to even think about engaging. His weakness lies in his lack of instant mobility making it hard for him to land a good ult, unlike amumu who stuns and dashes to a single target and immediately stuns four people.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I went against a hecarim (our team was all ap) he just bnuild all MR and health and become so bulky that we couldn't 1v5 him

possible tanky support hecarim sighting ???

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Actually galio is pretty good right now and he can punish dives really well which is great combined with wave clear which he has

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Brannock posted:

AD mids make his life quite hard too.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

How Rude posted:

Or you can just kite his stupid rear end and force him to use a flash to even think about engaging. His weakness lies in his lack of instant mobility making it hard for him to land a good ult, unlike amumu who stuns and dashes to a single target and immediately stuns four people.

Because he doesn't have a movement speed increase ability right?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waiting for people to start calling Veigar, Garen, and Ashe overtuned.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Etrips posted:

Because he doesn't have a movement speed increase ability right?

Which isn't instant mobility. He has to move towards you, and he can be kited while he does so.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Oooh poo poo

fnox fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 22, 2014

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

fnox posted:

New Splashes

I like those. Not sure how accurate Shyv's helmet is to her in game model, but I can't really complain about either of those.

fnox
May 19, 2013

I always hated Shyvana's old splash since her pose is all sorts of hosed up and her body is twisted in such a way that it makes her look kinda fat. New splash is way more than an upgrade, it actually does justice to Shyvana now.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That Shy splash is such a huge improvement it's bonkers. Quite like the Vayne one too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That Shyv splash is the only place where her gauntlets look cool and not incredibly dorky.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Shyvana one is cool (though nobody actually walks like that), but the Vayne one has some problems with perspective and motion. I'm assuming they're trying to show her mid-tumble backwards based on her cape, but based on the trees and the moon behind her, it looks more like the viewer is looking almost straight up at Vayne falling from above or passing over them. And the background has what looks like a blur from the viewer spinning? Stupid boots aside Vayne looks decent enough, but the background just doesn't seem to fit. Like where and who is the viewer supposed to be?

Cyber Yasuo's helmet still looks dumb, but the rest of the skin is cool.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 22, 2014

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

chumbler posted:

The Shyvana one is cool (though nobody actually walks like that), but the Vayne one has some problems with perspective and motion. I'm assuming they're trying to show her mid-tumble backwards based on her cape, but based on the trees and the moon behind her, it looks more like the viewer is looking almost straight up at Vayne falling from above or passing over them. And the background has what looks like a blur from the viewer spinning? Stupid boots aside Vayne looks decent enough, but the background just doesn't seem to fit.
I think it's supposed to be the horizon blurring as if the viewer were spinning along with Vayne, but yeah it does kinda look like she's shooting a mole person in a small clearing.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

Waiting for people to start calling Veigar, Garen, and Ashe overtuned.

AOE 2.5 second stun, baby.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

The Shyvana one is cool (though nobody actually walks like that), but the Vayne one has some problems with perspective and muscles. I'm assuming they're trying to show her mid-section's abs based on her position, but based on the lack of a six pack and overly defined obliques, it looks more like the viewer is looking almost straight at Vayne's untoned back. And the background has what looks like a blur from the viewer doing crossfit? Stupid boots aside Vayne looks decent enough, but the lack of gigantic biceps, pecs, and deltoids just doesn't seem to fit.

I agree.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I feel like the new shyv splash has lost her big, sexy thighs and is a major step down. Thighs and asses are sensual and erotic and popular now, riot... Take your rail thin white girls back to the 1980s when people thought that was acceptable and not problematic. Messed up.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
At a glance, thanks to the timg, I thought that was Stars and Stripes Vayne.

And then I was sad.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Is it really bad I was talking with a couple of goons in mumble and outlined exactly what Chumbler would complain about the splash art? I am down on my bet though by saying nobody would complain about the pose causing Vayne's boobs and rear end to hang out though

I'll at least give you credit by saying Yasuo's helmet looks kinda dumb in the splash art but yeah

Also I'm really really conflicted if I wanna pick up Final Boss Veigar considering I have the best skin for him as is (Santa). The voice is kind of much though.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 22, 2014

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The only real thing wrong with the helmet is that if has similar lines to Pantheon's helmet that makes me double take every time and it's fine in-game so I mean, it wont stop me from spending money to play as Jetstream Sam and quote lyrics from his song every game.

New Shyvana and Vayne art looks rad.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Heh, they rolled back the Gnar buffs. Looks like they decided to just give him slightly better HP5 rather than make him hit harder.

quote:

Gnar
    Mini Gnar base attack damage reverted to 45 from 48
    Mega Gnar base damage reverted to 49 from 52
    Mini Gnar and Mega Gnar base HP regen per second increased to .9 from .5
    Hyper ( Mini W ) max damage vs monsters reverted to 75/125/175/225/275 from 100/150/200/250/300
    GNAR! ( R ) [ looks like his AD scaling has been reverted back to .2 from .5 ]

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Yeah ok Raiden, you're still the biggest goober in my book.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
The splash arts themselves look cool enough but I think the portraits look kind of weird. I really didn't like the new Caitlyn portrait either.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
reax to the splash: in their language she is Dovahcum

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I loving hate Yasuo. And Braum. gently caress the walls.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Brannock posted:

Heh, they rolled back the Gnar buffs. Looks like they decided to just give him slightly better HP5 rather than make him hit harder.

Riot is actually learning from what they did to Yasuo?? Well I never

How Rude posted:

I loving hate Yasuo. And Braum. gently caress the walls.

I have no problem with the walls but one time Braum shielded and flashed in front of my ult as Draven and saved his team mate and that was really loving cool so I didn't care that my ult was literally nullified

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

my pog boyfriend posted:

Riot is actually learning from what they did to Yasuo?? Well I never

I have no problem with the walls but one time Braum shielded and flashed in front of my ult as Draven and saved his team mate and that was really loving cool so I didn't care that my ult was literally nullified

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they were more temporary, like after X hits or damage they give way, because as an ADC or Support being unable to use any projectiles past them is ridiculous for how long they last. Effectively removing ADC dps for 3.75 seconds (3-4 seconds for braum) is enough to make an ADC or Support worthless for a whole teamfight. Rather than have Yasuo throw out a windwall right when a fight breaks out to catch whatever I'd like it to last a shorter amount of time but also perhaps on a bit of a shorter cooldown to promote using it reactively rather than neutering the enemy ADC's offense. Ditto to Morg shield, it would be way better if these skills were closer to Sivir's spellshield in terms of duration and spell usage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Wind wall owns, champions having skills that dramatically impact the battlefield in simple, predictable ways is way better than skills that make some numbers go up or maybe down. It's exactly what a utility spell should be on a hero like Yasuo: simple, easy to understand yet cool and powerful.

• Locked thread