Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I don't even remember what's going on in this game after the audio sidetrack. RAND PAUL 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm a tracker, yuming is a watcher, capps is confirmed town hotdog peddler, ernie is town

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I don't remember capps being confirmed town, must have missed that.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ernie's not actually ~confirmed town~, I'd imagine there's a theme in the scum abilities where each one knocks out one of their power roles for them. Which makes JakeP a pretty bizarre NK.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mr.capps posted:

read my post history dummy

mr.capps posted:

why would you even track me

mr.capps posted:

i give people hotdogs, they then can give people hotdogs
that is it
trees probably can't eat hotdogs
oh and the scum had that vegetarian thing but it died

something happens when everyone loves hotdogs but i have no clue what all i was told it was good for the town

mr.capps posted:

i have been practically confirmed 3 times over at this point

mr.capps posted:

explain the exact thought process that went through your head where you thought "i should track the guy who claims to be the person to visit people with hotdogs, which ernie confirmed he was visited by, and the dead mafia role that makes people vegetarians seems to work as a foil to"

mr.capps posted:

so the scum have a role that makes people vegetarians and the scum have a role that hands people hotdogs

great synergy there

clear as day imo

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Pinterest Mom posted:

clear as day imo

yeah. well Opop ain't doing the nightkill if he's making me hated, unless he's allowed to do 2 things

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

It's Ernie, I had a scum read on him D1 and the only reason I changed my mind was windy's thing and a town result, the Little Mac and JakeP kills make the most sense from him, and with the information from these last two flips I feel like a cop result is pretty meaningless. Plus everyone else has night actions so it's him or derp is giving two night actions.

I hereby declare this a Slamdunk Monolith Thunderdome (tm).

##vote Ernie

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Plus apparently he was a vegetarian from the start of the game instead of getting it from windy, so that's pretty weird.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also also, what happened to your meta defense of Opop between it and voting him yesterday?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Ixtlilton posted:

Also also, what happened to your meta defense of Opop between it and voting him yesterday?
Huh, I don't completely understand the question

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Juanito posted:

Huh, I don't completely understand the question

It's for Ernie, not you.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hey,

what's happening

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yuming do you have a result?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
No one visited Ernie last night.

We should lynch Opop for his switch on wind.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What switch?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

uranus posted:

how did i forget that 'cheese and crackers' was an actual line said by a soldier in the movie when talking about dozens of dead bodies lying in a road. this movie

Please put that in my flavour when I die tia

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Q: Does it make sense for scum to kill jake (who claimed he was one-shot) instead of the tracker or the watcher?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

What I'm saying is that Ix knew jake wasn't a one-shot cop, and now he's voting Ernie, one of Jake's two town results, because he thinks cop results don't matter anymore?

##vote ix

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

and he's using insane vegetarian/hot-dog logic, that doesn't help

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Also this:

Ixtlilton posted:

Plus everyone else has night actions

Ix what's your night action?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pinterest Mom posted:

Also this:

Ix what's your night action?

Everyone else except me and him. Also you are literally the worst tracker I have ever seen in a game. And of course he'd tell his mason that he thought was town instead of the whole thread. Either lynch me or him today, but if you lynch me you'd better lynch him tomorrow.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And read the flips, each scum role neutralizes a town PR, the last one neutralizing the cop makes total sense. So no, a town result doesn't matter.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah ok.

We can start with you and just lynch Ernie, then Opop, then capps from there. Eventually we'll win~.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Don't lynch capps he's so town it's ridiculous.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Seven people left. yuming, Juan, and I are confirmed town. Capps is the fourth scummiest person.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

How is Juanito confirmed town? If he's confirmed town Opop is confirmed town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yuming posted:

I can also confirm Juanito visited Ernie last night.

quote:

dr hurt, scum alighned grass, has been mowed!

you are some grass and you go whooooosh at people who run through you, then they start walking backwards and cut their own writsts or shove a knitting needle through their juggular. but you are just.... grass??/? who would ever suspect: as long as you are alive, all your team is unwatchable. also you have a 1 shot janitor if you do the kill. the janitor will fade after 2 days

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Oh, that actually makes sense. Cool, so if you lynch me you just have to have yuming watch you and you can track Ernie and we win. Or we can lynch him today because luckily not everyone is as bad at reading people as you.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

My vote's sticking on you.

Scum killing Jake doesn't make sense if they have a cop-nullifying power.
And it doesn't make sense if they believed he was one-shot (and you were the only one who knew for sure that he wasn't).

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pinterest Mom posted:

My vote's sticking on you.

Scum killing Jake doesn't make sense if they have a cop-nullifying power.
And it doesn't make sense if they believed he was one-shot (and you were the only one who knew for sure that he wasn't).

I'm a claimed miller, and I could make the same argument if there were town results on everyone else if I were scum. yuming is by far the greatest threat if I were scum, and if you use a bit of critical thinking you can deduce that I didn't need to claim JakeP claimed his second result to me and that he obviously a cop would try to deflect kills by saying he was 1-shot anyway.

The kill makes the most sense from Ernie because he had a town result on him and no one did that he knew of, so killing him prevents other town results from laying doubt on his. It's pretty basic.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also take into consideration how nonsensical the Little Mac kill is if Ernie isn't scum. Mac was probably the only person who was going to push "Only one town messenger!" at all, and he looked really scummy after the windy lynch.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

in fact, killing a messenger when there are two claimed makes sense from a scum perspective, and killing a cop makes sense if there are no godfathers

also you trying to break the game based on claims vs. actions vs. scum-flips falls apart when you realize i had a confirm-able night action

if you want me to claim the other night action i have i can, i just haven't used it yet

that said, ##vote ixt

the best counter for a cop is easily an unconfirmed mason who finds out all the cop's results and can steer them around

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

That post was basically Ernie scumclaiming, btw.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Here's an idea: hammer ix before Ernie posts his recording. Two birds.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Let me break it down for you.

Ernie. posted:

in fact, killing a messenger when there are two claimed makes sense from a scum perspective, and killing a cop makes sense if there are no godfathers

also you trying to break the game based on claims vs. actions vs. scum-flips falls apart when you realize i had a confirm-able night action

if you want me to claim the other night action i have i can, i just haven't used it yet

that said, ##vote ixt

the best counter for a cop is easily an unconfirmed mason who finds out all the cop's results and can steer them around

1. Ernie is smarter than this sentence.

2. You only had a confirmable night action 1 night, that means nothing.

3. Yeah, you should probably fullclaim.

4. Ernie is still smarter than this, his only argument is setup based when he's on me for solving the setup, and he realizes that my actions this game make no sense from a scum perspective but he's voting me anyway.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Here's an idea: hammer ix before Ernie posts his recording. Two birds.

oh i forgot that that was a thing

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

Yeah, you should probably fullclaim.

I'm also a doctor

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I can radio in a medic

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

that said, it's ixt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

So what you're saying is that we have a doctor/watcher/tracker triangle is what you're saying? Also it's really obviously not me if you read the game and I'm pretty sure you know that.

• Locked thread