Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
How the heck do I use my support items in Supercard? There are so many times I've lost when a timely ladder or WWE Universe would've had me winning easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The Bee posted:

How the heck do I use my support items in Supercard? There are so many times I've lost when a timely ladder or WWE Universe would've had me winning easily.

Select your support before you wrestler. You gotta predict when to use a card or not. That's why I use the Manager card, it lasts all 3 rounds.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Super Rare ++ tier, only SRs I've gotten after over 1,000 total matches are Zack Ryder, Cesaro, and Big Show. I HAVE, however gotten maxed pro Hogan and Studd, and can combine maxed Rare Sarge, Mr. Perfect, and Eva Maries as soon as this KOTR ends.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Is anyone else getting a whole lot of "waiting for network" in Supercard tonight? More than usual for me.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Chinook posted:

Is anyone else getting a whole lot of "waiting for network" in Supercard tonight? More than usual for me.

I got a message on the main screen that the network will be down for maintenance for a few hours during the night.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

smashpro1 posted:

Super Rare ++ tier, only SRs I've gotten after over 1,000 total matches are Zack Ryder, Cesaro, and Big Show. I HAVE, however gotten maxed pro Hogan and Studd, and can combine maxed Rare Sarge, Mr. Perfect, and Eva Maries as soon as this KOTR ends.

My Super Rare Pro Cesaro is pretty much a world beater right now, so don't lump him in with Big Show and Zack Ryder.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

How do you guys handle your training? Do you focus on getting one card to Max at a time or keep your cards on the same level?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I pour all my resources into one card at a time. Easier to track that way.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

BigRed0427 posted:

How do you guys handle your training? Do you focus on getting one card to Max at a time or keep your cards on the same level?

I try to keep most of my cards on the same level. 1 super-high level card will win the fight it's a part of most of the time, but because you're matched on the power of your whole deck, you'll probably be disadvantaged for the other 2.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just got two Super Rare Andre's in the space of about five cards. I have no idea how good he is compared to the other SRs though.

Are KotRs going to be running during maintenance or will it freeze? The tournament portion is going to start at like 5am for me if it doesn't freeze and I don't want to get knocked out before I wake up and can use energy cards

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

IcePhoenix posted:

I just got two Super Rare Andre's in the space of about five cards. I have no idea how good he is compared to the other SRs though.

Are KotRs going to be running during maintenance or will it freeze? The tournament portion is going to start at like 5am for me if it doesn't freeze and I don't want to get knocked out before I wake up and can use energy cards

They will be delayed until maintenance is over according to their forums.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So the maintenance caused a roll back that basically eliminated everything I did since last afternoon, including the two SR Andres that I picked :(

e: Jeeze, just going through my stuff at work and I think I lost over 100 cards of progress.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 22, 2014

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

IcePhoenix posted:

I have no idea how good he is compared to the other SRs though.

This is something that's been itching at me; is there anything like a tier list or what have you of what cards have what ratings for min/max jerks like me?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Liar Lyre posted:

Select your support before you wrestler. You gotta predict when to use a card or not. That's why I use the Manager card, it lasts all 3 rounds.

I used to use Manager all the time, but then I started to think about it more. Really this game is a race to get to two wins quickly. Manager gives everyone on your team a small boost, but to me it's more important to guarantee a win for at least one round. So I use the strongest boost I have to hopefully guarantee at least one win.

The card re-use glitch also makes the more powerful single boost more useful, since you can just re-play that boosted card again.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

So the maintenance caused a roll back that basically eliminated everything I did since last afternoon, including the two SR Andres that I picked :(

e: Jeeze, just going through my stuff at work and I think I lost over 100 cards of progress.

I heard that that might be something to do with fixing the re-using cards glitch. did you abuse that at all? I never bothered to work out how to do it and I don't think I had anything rolled back

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I abuse the poo poo out of it, and I lost no progress at all. I am still abusing it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Chinook posted:

I abuse the poo poo out of it, and I lost no progress at all. I am still abusing it.

Yeah I was gonna say, they fixed the glitch?? I've been using it all morning

They better not take away my ill-gotten goods, it's their fault for making a mistake :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blasmeister posted:

I heard that that might be something to do with fixing the re-using cards glitch. did you abuse that at all? I never bothered to work out how to do it and I don't think I had anything rolled back

I used it a couple times just to see how it worked, but nowhere near enough to destroy basically a full day's play.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, they fixed the glitch?? I've been using it all morning

Yeah, surprisingly it makes the game better. It's not like you're playing against real people anyway..

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

1500+ matches in and finally, finally I get my 2nd uncommon Jimmy Uso. Uncommon set: complete. Mystery of why Jimmy Uso is the shittest card in the game and has abysmal speed: unanswered

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blasmeister posted:

1500+ matches in and finally, finally I get my 2nd uncommon Jimmy Uso. Uncommon set: complete. Mystery of why Jimmy Uso is the shittest card in the game and has abysmal speed: unanswered

I was at 121/124 before the rollback and now I'm at 117 again :(

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What is the card-reusing glitch?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Any reason not to use some of my Pro Rares as training fodder? The game pops up a warning about losing rare cards, but these are cards that I don't really have plans for in my main Exhibition or KOTR decks. I figure as long as I've got the Pro versions in my pokedex I may as well put them towards the greater good (maxed pro R Dean Ambrose :swoon:).

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Minidust posted:

Any reason not to use some of my Pro Rares as training fodder? The game pops up a warning about losing rare cards, but these are cards that I don't really have plans for in my main Exhibition or KOTR decks. I figure as long as I've got the Pro versions in my pokedex I may as well put them towards the greater good (maxed pro R Dean Ambrose :swoon:).

I hit a point where I recognized that completing the rare and above pokedexes was a fruitless endeavor and just fed all of them to my other cards. gently caress it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What is the card-reusing glitch?

Select an already used card by tapping the very small area below the now blank spot in your hand. They retain any boosts that they gained through support cards, tag team bonus/penalties, and special ability procs. I could never re-play a support card with it. Only wrestlers. Takes a lot of fun out of the game, IMO, so that's why I stopped using it after testing it a little.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I Before E posted:

My Super Rare Pro Cesaro is pretty much a world beater right now, so don't lump him in with Big Show and Zack Ryder.

Yours is Pro, mine isn't.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

I just got my exhibition deck to Epic and the only Ultra Rares I pulled throughout that entire UR/UR+/UR++ tier were two Vince McMahons, one Andre, and one 2x4 support card. Max Pro Super Rares carried my deck the entire time.

I also just noticed that the portrait and the spotlights on my Epic Ultimate Warrior card move dynamicallly with my phone's movement. That's unnecessary, but kinda neat.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So after finally getting my pro uncommon AJ for my deck I pulled a rare AJ. The uncommon pro that is built right will beat a normal rare of the same superstar, right?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BigRed0427 posted:

So after finally getting my pro uncommon AJ for my deck I pulled a rare AJ. The uncommon pro that is built right will beat a normal rare of the same superstar, right?

Handily. My Pro uncommon Eva will still beat Super Rares if they aren't trained enough.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I hope they give us a "dump all lovely cards into training this card" button someday.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They gave a statement regarding the rollbacks on the forums. Apparently one of the servers for the game had an issue during maintenance which caused the rollback. Open the game, go to options ---> Feedback and send them an e-mail with as much detail regarding what you lost as you can and they'll get through them all as fast as they can, restoring what they are able to.

Honestly I would just be happy if they gave me 100 card picks because I was more annoyed by the lost card training than the lost superstars.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

BigRed0427 posted:

Two rare 20 hogans -> 1 25 Pro Rare Hogan has better stats than most 25 Super Rares.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
My non-maxed, non-pro uncommon Austin has, with proper support and luck, held his own against rares, Pro Rares, and even a Super Rare. I have a feeling once he's max Pro'd I'm gonna be keeping him around for a long, long while.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
My maxed uncommon pro Del Rio has beat a couple super rares.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Randy Orton WWE 2K15 Entrance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoMBC5XLbk8

Goldust WWE 2K15 Entrance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfS5GzDmppU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

love them using 5 year old entrance animations

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

For the graphical fidelity on display here, I'd expect no less than 1080/60fps locked on both consoles. It's tangibly better than what we got in 2k14, but it's not impressive. The improvement is because 2k14 looks like absolute turd and not because this game looks at all impressive.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

So... still no gameplay? No AI matches? No matches between developers trying to show off the "cool new stuff." No matches between two journalists who don't know how to play the game and just do awkward running strikes until one of them pins? Nothing?

That bodes well.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
It's funny how they talked about adding the flashing lights to Randy Orton's entrance, but they aren't in sync with the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Wow... zero effort in changing up that entrance. I realize the models look better, but it's identical to WWE 2K14, which was identical to WWE 13

YouTube Doubler