Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I guess I'll change the trade part of my vote to:

Trade: (Armourer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Remember, Disciple of Thule only costs 100, and you have 300 more to play with. You could get another background like Tech Heresy, or you could get 3 advancements, such as Shadowing, Awareness, and Tracking.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

LowellDND posted:

Remember, Disciple of Thule only costs 100, and you have 300 more to play with. You could get another background like Tech Heresy, or you could get 3 advancements, such as Shadowing, Awareness, and Tracking.

I meant going from

Disciples of Thule
Tech-Use
Common Lore (Tech)
Trade (Technomat)

to

Disciples of Thule
Tech-Use
Common Lore (Tech)
Trade (Armourer)

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

my dad posted:

I meant going from

Disciples of Thule
Tech-Use
Common Lore (Tech)
Trade (Technomat)

to

Disciples of Thule
Tech-Use
Common Lore (Tech)
Trade (Armourer)

Oh, that makes more sense. Ive been confused all morning where the other 300 XP was going. Carry on!

Our current contenders are, with team Loyal slightly ahead:

Team Loyal Techno Priest x x x x

Disciples of Thule
Tech-Use
Common Lore (Tech)
Trade (Armourer)

and

Team Gaze into the Abyss x x x

Tainted Blood
Warp Touched

separate from this, we have

Copyist x x x x
Scrimshawer x

Loel fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 20, 2014

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I'm swayed towards Team Loyal Techno Priest. There's always a future chance to go crazy.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

team gaze into the abyss it'll make the game wayyyyy more interesting

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Voting for Trade (Copyist) (Int)

YES for Tainted Blood. Christ people its +10 INTELLIGENCE!!! This is huge and we are a goddamn techpriest

Tracking for 100 xp
Pack Hunter for 100 xp

These two will make sure nothing will escape us as long as our Bloodhound is always with us

Malygrisian Tech Heresy for 200 xp, jesus look at those sweet Forbidden Lores (Xenos and Warp)!!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I vote Team Loyal and Scrimshaw, because a not insane tech-priest is a not fun tech-priest, and we can inscribe our deeds for the great Omnissiah onto our robodog.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Oh boy, this is getting complicated

Tainted Blood
No 6
Yes 5

Team Loyal Techno Priest x x x x x x

Disciples of Thule
Tech-Use
Common Lore (Tech)
Trade (Armourer)

and

Team Gaze into the Abyss x x x x

Tainted Blood
Warp Touched

and

Team Gaze into the Abyss Cross-eyed x

Tracking
Pack Hunter
Malgrisian Tech Heresy

Copyist x x x x x
Scrimshawer x x

Which means we may end up Team Loyal Tech Priest, but with the Tainted Family

Loel fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 20, 2014

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Loyal Techno-priest with Tainted Blood is go!

It's a built in character hook about gently caress OUR FAMILY.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Night10194 posted:

Loyal Techno-priest with Tainted Blood is go!

It's a built in character hook about gently caress OUR FAMILY.

Yeah, Im quite excited :woop: . Im glad Techno heresy is making a showing too, thats one of my favorite backgrounds.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
We are a loyal tech-priest with nothing but sacred machine oil and a bit of the tainted blood of Malfi in our veins.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Tainted Blood, because why wouldn't the inquisition hire a techpriest from a known heretical background?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

FireSight posted:

Tainted Blood, because why wouldn't the inquisition hire a techpriest from a known heretical background?

Ah, but are you a Loyal Tech Priest, or Gaze into the Abyss Tech priest?

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lets gaze into the abyss cross-eyed

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I think we should lock eyes with the abyss and make suggestive comments

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^
No Tainted Blood

Copyist as the "choose one of two" options.

A vote for the generic Team Loyal package, but what is the 100XP option "Awareness"?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Redly posted:

A vote for the generic Team Loyal package, but what is the 100XP option "Awareness"?

That's one of this game's Skills. "The Awareness skill reflects your ability to perceive hidden dangers and to notice small details about your physical surroundings. You use the Awareness skill to notice ambushes, spot traps and discern other threats to you and your allies. Awareness is not tied to any one sense; it encompasses them all. When using Awareness to detect a hidden enemy, the Test is always Opposed. Otherwise, the thing you are trying to detect applies a Difficulty based on how cunningly concealed it is."

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

quote:

Tainted Blood
No x x x x x, x x
Yes x x x x x, x x x x

Team Loyal Techno Priest x x x x x, x x x x

Disciples of Thule
Tech-Use
Common Lore (Tech)
Trade (Armourer)

and

Team Gaze into the Abyss x x x x x

Tainted Blood
Warp Touched

and

Team Gaze into the Abyss Cross-eyed x x

Tracking
Pack Hunter
Malgrisian Tech Heresy

Copyist x x x x x, x
Scrimshawer x x

Think I'll go one more day. Our current built is Tainted Blood Loyalist with Copying

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Oh well, gonna play dangerous.
Team Gaze Into The Abyss "loving Gellar Fields, how do they work?"

With this, you're more or less a mutant. Certainly rather alien alien in yoir thinking. An RP challenge.

Scrimshawer Because we are totally going to need to scribble hexagrammic wards on everything.
Besides, hexagons make everything look high-tech.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Are these similar to dnd alignments?

Go with whatever the gently caress the chaotic evil equivalent is, let's get all sorts of nutty.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
That's the spirit!
Also +1 scrimshaw

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Loyal techno-scrimshaw kthx

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Are these similar to dnd alignments?

Go with whatever the gently caress the chaotic evil equivalent is, let's get all sorts of nutty.

Nah, they're all skills and traits and such. Alignment doesn't really come up in character creation.
Team Gaze Into the Abyss is more like a Tiefling, though, and you're not going to get a chance to pick it at any later time.
Also, our character description of bluish skin and no hair and black eyes basically demands it; people will suspect us anyway, so we may as well get the benefit.

Or it sounds like we've got a nasty case of argyria from all the colloidal silver in the holy water we drink to suppress our tainted blood.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
I know it won't make a difference yet, but shouldn't we start with 425 exp because of the easter egg I found?

LowellDND posted:

Ding Ding Ding! Our first easter egg has been found, you receive 25 XP

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Yup, you do. I didn't think it would matter for this stage because everything is 100+ XP.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Gaze into the Abyss Cross-eyed!!!!

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Team Loyal Techno Priest

Copyist, and No tainted blood

mepstein73 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Aug 22, 2014

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Votes are in!

Tainted Blood
No x x x x x x x x
Yes x x x x x x x x x x

Team Loyal Techno Priest x x x x x x x x x x x

Disciples of Thule
Tech-Use
Common Lore (Tech)
Trade (Armourer)

and

Team Gaze into the Abyss x x x x x x x

Tainted Blood
Warp Touched

and

Team Gaze into the Abyss Cross-eyed x x x

Tracking
Pack Hunter
Malgrisian Tech Heresy

Copyist x x x x x x x
Scrimshawer x x x x x

We are now Tainted Family Loyal Tech Priest Copyist!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Dear Sir/Madam

You have passed all the required tests with the speed and ability we have come to expect from new Acolytes of the Inquisition. Congratulations. Your first orders are to board the Rogue Trader Ship Beast of Trall. From there, you will spend several years (estimates include five to ten) acting in the service of the Inquisition, ever watchful for signs of Xenos, Heresy, or the Great Enemy.

From there, you will make reports to this Astropathic location (see attached), and will receive logistical support as the Inquisition deems fit and necessary. If you are without support, you are encouraged to use your own discretion in the fight against the Imperium’s enemies - but remember you are not an Inquisitor, and must remain within its laws.

The ship leaves in approximately four hours. You needn’t worry about notifying your chain of command, your domicile, family, or next of kin - we here at the Inquisition have already taken care of it for you, and there will be no legal, emotional, or financial repercussions for obeying the needs of the Inquisition.

Good Luck.

In the Emperor’s Name, Inquisitor Kozilek

A) Well, thats not a good sign. You were born on the Beast of Trall, and the officers are composed exclusively of your Family. You’ve never observed any signs of traitors of heresy, and you know this ship like the back of your hand. It’s best if you warn your Lord-Sire, the Captain of the Ship and Bearer of the Trader’s Warrant. He’ll know what to do.

B) If you’ve been selected as an Acolyte on this ship, that means someone you know! Maybe your own Family! Could be consorting with the enemy. You should consult with the Ecclesiarchy for guidance. Perhaps they can guide you in the right direction, now that even your Family may have joined with darkness.

C) … That would explain a lot, actually. You always thought the whole lot of them were a bit off, and you say that as a void born. You are going to keep this very close to your chest, and begin your own investigation privately. As a noble, you have an excellent source of funds, and the belly of the Beast of Trall is swarming with merchants.

D) You need spiritual guidance, yes, but from His aspect as Omnissiah. You will speak with the Machine Cult in the aft of the ship where they maintain the holy engines. There is been a Magos there for as long as you can remember, and his teachings have spoken to you throughout your life.

E) This was a terrible idea and no mistake. Joining the Inquisition when the investigation is your own Family and their ship? This was spam mail to be ignored in the first place, and you don’t know why you filled it out. Best if you just destroy the material quietly, with no one the wiser.

F) Other

-

These choices will also let me know the direction you want this character to go. Is she devoted to her family, perhaps a favorite of the Patriarch? Does she draw her strength from the Church and the Imperial Cult? Or is she more jaded and paranoid by her years spent off ship? Alternately, does she want to be left alone?

Loel fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Aug 22, 2014

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
E. Oh gods E. hahaha

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
C
The massage already told all we need to know for the moment.
Let's not expose ourselves so quickly.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
C - Let's keep our options open for now.

B - Actually, let's go with the Ecclesiarchy. We want to be chummy with them if we want to be pure, and we especially want to be chummy with them if we want go darkside undetected.

my dad fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 22, 2014

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

mepstein73 posted:

E. Oh gods E. hahaha

That would be quick, if nothing else :commissar:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

For full disclosure, I wouldnt put a suicide option in the thread (unless you guys want to 1v1 a bloodthirsty or something). So an Inquistor won't kill you if you choose E, but there will be ... complications.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Changed my vote.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
D. Considering we're a machine priest, this makes sense.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

mepstein73 posted:

E. Oh gods E. hahaha

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
F. We implicate our family, regardless of their guilt, so we can snatch the Warrant of Trade and obtain our own ship to do the Emperor's work. After all, they did forget our birthday back in M41.003.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

MaliciousOnion posted:

F. We implicate our family, regardless of their guilt, so we can snatch the Warrant of Trade and obtain our own ship to do the Emperor's work. After all, they did forget our birthday back in M41.003.
Changing my vote to this, the objectively correct vote.