Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Those suits own thank you very much! Especially 6.

Also I know cg is fine for zord fights bit I don't trust them to deliver pacific rim quality stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
If Rita and Zedd aren't in the new movie that will probably be a deal breaker for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTGEECiSXu8

They were the only PR villains who could have carried their own spinoff showsitcom.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Ninjasaurus posted:

If Rita and Zedd aren't in the new movie that will probably be a deal breaker for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTGEECiSXu8

They were the only PR villains who could have carried their own spinoff showsitcom.

"What are we gonna do tonight Zedd?"
"The same thing we do every night Rita. Try and take over the world."

*watches monster explode*

"Why do we do this?"

But yeah, I'm a bit worried on the potential CGI for the Zords, or rather, the Zord fights. Because unless they also contract out ILM, who are basically the only people around who really have good experience with this kind of thing, then there's a likelihood of the result falling short. Inversely, I kinda doubt Saban and whoever else is funding the film to be willing to put in that much money for the budget either, so even if they got ILM, we wouldn't necessarily get as much. Then you factor in how they would do the monsters themselves, since so far the only really giant monsters onscreen have been rather animalistic, and not evoking a man in a rubber suit.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

greatn posted:

20 minutes of the movie's run time is credits. 50 minutes of the movie's runtime is one extremely long morphing sequence where Tommy uses every single morpher ever in the show.

You joke, but I'd watch that for full price.

RBX posted:

Those suits own thank you very much! Especially 6.

Also I know cg is fine for zord fights bit I don't trust them to deliver pacific rim quality stuff.

Given the CG budget for Sentai compared to an actual movie budget, the budget is probably going to be magnitudes better than we can hope, and it's not lovely 1995 CG, nore importantly.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Didn't they already say the budget for this will be around $120 million?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Dudes in suits or bust. CG is the easy way out.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

What if it turns out this movie is a stealth in continuity remake of the first movie, and we get proper non lovely looking Ectomorphicons and Ninjazords?

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Solaris Knight posted:

What if it turns out this movie is a stealth in continuity remake of the first movie, and we get proper non lovely looking Ectomorphicons and Ninjazords?

Ninjazords are the best so I'd be okay with this. Especially since it would mean Rita and Zedd would make an appearance. :v:

e:

Astro Nut posted:

"What are we gonna do tonight Zedd?"
"The same thing we do every night Rita. Try and take over the world."

*watches monster explode*

"Why do we do this?"

What's funny is that Rita and Zedd were delighted and cackling joyously most of the time they made their monsters grow. Maybe because this time it might work or maybe because they just get a thrill out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G6ZKE3ztYo

My favorite?

"We gotta stop those Power Punks from winning!"
"Yes. Easily done. Like this! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

e2:

Well, that and

"This nonsense has gone on long enough. Make my monkey grow!"

Ninjasaurus fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 17, 2014

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Then they'd better keep Ivan's costume the same but other than that replace all the other props.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Twelve by Pies posted:

Finally got my Legacy Dragonzord in the mail today. It's pretty cool, although putting it into Battle Mode it seemed really awkward and didn't seem to stand up very well. I'm not sure if I did it wrong, I sort of did it without looking at the directions so maybe I missed some thing that helps "lock" the legs into place or whatever, because that seems to be the biggest problem is how the legs fold up to make the "knees" for the tiger/triceratops, and they feel really loose and buckle a bit too easily.

Common problem. The flaps on the legs are supposed to catch on the feet to keep them from falling back down, but they don't do a very good job. But if you're displaying it in anything but Megadragonzord mode, it's not an issue since contact with the surface will keep them in place.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Legacy Motherfucking Titanus

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=33930666&cp=&parentPage=search

Oh, it's $200. Nevermind, then.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Man...I really need them to do another production run on the Megazord and Dragonzord...I managed to miss out on both and I really wanna make the Ultrazord :(

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Yeah Titanus is cool and all but 200 bucks is a little pricey, even if it is kind of a big toy. I think I'll pass on it.

I just want Legacy Thunder Megazord.

Adjunct Cheesecake
Mar 19, 2009

mmmmmm
Just finished Linkara's review of Operation Overdrive. It's almost an hour and a half long, but is a cathartic experience. "Shut up, Dax" is uttered multiple times.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'd probably get enough for one of my kidneys to afford a Legacy Solar Streak Megazord or Legacy Solarzord, right?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Solaris Knight posted:

I'd probably get enough for one of my kidneys to afford a Legacy Solar Streak Megazord or Legacy Solarzord, right?

That's about what it looks like it'll cost. It just seems to take no time at all for those zords to explode in price. Titanus is really expensive at $200, but it will only get more and more expensive as time goes by.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I can see it now: Legacy Super Train Megazord - $500.

We'd all still buy it though. :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Cernunnos posted:

I can see it now: Legacy Super Train Megazord - $500.

We'd all still buy it though. :v:

Oh god yes. That's the one that would make me break down.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Legacy Ninjor: $∞

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I got the re-release of the Dragonzord at $80 and felt that was justifiable. I'd get a Megazord at even $150 if possible, but either they are used and have missing parts or are way too expensive.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

My Doctor Whatsian admiration for Mystic Force and Daggeron in particular is the only way Saban can pry money from my cold dead hands.

A Legacy Lunar Caller and Predazord might work though

Edit: Due to a massive amount of fan hype, the Gold Mode episode has been released a week early. http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/power-rangers-super-megaforce-409-full-episode.html

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 22, 2014

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

And before I go and watch that, a reminder to set your expectations low for this series:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152347929851687

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Astro Nut posted:

And before I go and watch that, a reminder to set your expectations low for this series:

Jeeeeeeeeeeesus it's like everytime I watch this series it's worse than the last time.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
They seriously ripped off the best scene from The Amazing Spiderman.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Astro Nut posted:

That kid and JDF's ADR couldn't be more wooden if they were ACTUALLY made of wood.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

So, Jason Smith wrote this episode, and yet again he proves to be one of the better people on this show. First third is good character stuff for Orion (plus covering potential plot holes), and there's a fair amount of original footage. I know I literally just said to lower expectations for the series after that clip of Tommy, but then this just gets me hopeful again. Worked around Doc's clumsiness into Jake slipping up and then getting pissed about it.

The workaround for Gai's... fanboy superpowers with Orion is just Gosei pulled random c***, which is probably the first major letdown of the episode. Could've made something of it, but eh.

We also got another random sentai team appearance, plus an actual reference to the team's name.

But otherwise... yeah. Actually a decent enough character piece from the show, and there's one moment I really like where Orion reminds Jake that if anyone should know survivor's guilt, its him, and Jake doesn't need to say anything (at least for a bit) to realise he was being a dick.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Robo Knight is stuck in white dream land. Save him Troy!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I'd just like to point out that Facebook has Power Rangers stickers in the browser-based chat windows. Go forth and send your friends a picture of Tommy and Kimberly hugging! Or Jason sleeping! Or Jason doing pretty much anything imaginable, because it's 90% Red Ranger.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I'd just like to point out that Facebook has Power Rangers stickers in the browser-based chat windows. Go forth and send your friends a picture of Tommy and Kimberly hugging! Or Jason sleeping! Or Jason doing pretty much anything imaginable, because it's 90% Red Ranger.

I wouldn't have ever noticed this if you didn't point it out. Time to get some use out of them despite the fact that I never use stickers at all.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just watched Linkara's latend on Operation Overdrive. I thought we was extremely off the mark on the crossover episode. His big complaint which he goes on about for five minutes is that these rangers just give up and go home when they lose their powers, but just five minutes before that he played the scene where they don't, in fact, give up, and go and try to fight the monsters by themselves. They only go home after they've been suitably replaced and their mission appears clearly in good hands. It's entirely different. I say this as someone who hated Operation Overdrive and didn't even particularly love that episode.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm honestly surprised he didn't talk about the roll call because I think that's the only show that regularly did one like Sentai.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tae posted:

I'm honestly surprised he didn't talk about the roll call because I think that's the only show that regularly did one like Sentai.

And had to reshoot the yellow ranger's pose, because she was both the ditzy/cute one and the 'strong' one in the sentai, which they of course translated into need-for-speed race car driving tomboy.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gaz-L posted:

And had to reshoot the yellow ranger's pose, because she was both the ditzy/cute one and the 'strong' one in the sentai, which they of course translated into need-for-speed race car driving tomboy.

Just a indicator of things to come. Like Captain Marvelous being replaced by someone with the charisma of a palm tree.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Testekill posted:

Just a indicator of things to come. Like Captain Marvelous being replaced by someone with the charisma of a palm tree.
Weird thing is, I saw a cast intervieuw (Dude playing black green ranger is pretty cool btw) and Red's actor was pretty smug and "acting cool" in it. If he at least did in the show that he'd match Marvy a lot better.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Andrew Grey has been consistently shown to be very enthusiastic and emotional off camera, which means Troy being such a flat character can be chalked up to bad scripting and direction, not his actual skills. There's a consistent theory going around on 4chan that Andrew Grey posts on /v/ and confessed in a thread that his acting is wooden because that's what got him the role.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Testekill posted:

Solaris Knight posted:

Andrew Grey has been consistently shown to be very enthusiastic and emotional off camera, which means Troy being such a flat character can be chalked up to bad scripting and direction, not his actual skills. There's a consistent theory going around on 4chan that Andrew Grey posts on /v/ and confessed in a thread that his acting is wooden because that's what got him the role.

Sounds like a Kristen Stewart situation. "The writing/script is so bad, I have nothing to work with as an actor". Except, in her case, she still was a terrible actress. Jury's still out on Andrew Grey.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Kristin Stewart was good in Adventureland :colbert:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
From the interviews I've seen Steward comes off more weird and awkward than the characters she plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

So, pictures coming out, showing the Dino Charge team:

Cleanest pic yet:

Astro Nut fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 23, 2014