Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Like Incognito, I feel that Greg Schiano represents what this tournament is really all about, and I would know what this tournament is all about, as I am a primary source on the matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Greg Schiano deserves to win this year fmpov. He's a douche of the highest caliber. What he did to Freeman was beyond the pale.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Schiano is the obvious choice. Going after the victory formation? What an rear end.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Greg Schiano

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Greg Schiano feels right...

But gently caress the Dolphins Front Office for ruining an employees life.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Greg Schiano feels right...

But gently caress the Dolphins Front Office for ruining an employees life.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Greg Schiano ruined Josh Freeman's life in addition to being a gigantic douche in various other ways. Who knows who else he totally hosed out of a career with his insane methodology?

In the particular instance you're referencing, DFO was being lovely in a standard corporate way. Schiano went above and beyond in his actions.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 22, 2014

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Greg Schiano is a douche of the highest order.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Greg Schiano ruined Josh Freeman's life in addition to being a gigantic douche in various other ways. Who knows who else he totally hosed out of a career with his insane methodology?

You're probably right, but at least Freeman and Nicks walked away with millions of dollars.

The Dolphins scout who worked from home caring for his ailing wife... who had his health insurance coverage changed specifically to screw -him- over? That's some corporate evil right there. Lets not forget the Bullying scandal that likely ruined Jonathon Martin's career.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chilichimp posted:

You're probably right, but at least Freeman and Nicks walked away with millions of dollars.

The Dolphins scout who worked from home caring for his ailing wife... who had his health insurance coverage changed specifically to screw -him- over? That's some corporate evil right there. Lets not forget the Bullying scandal that likely ruined Jonathon Martin's career.

Not sure how well Nicks was walking.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
I just looked over Schiano's coaching record- how did he get an NFL HC job? He did a mediocre at best job at Rutgers with a 2nd place finish in the Big East being his ceiling. What gives?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Greg Schiano also outdouched the DFO because he managed to take a team with a shitload of talent and fail miserably with it, trolling an entire fanbase. At least the Dolphins had a mediocre season and only underplayed their talent somewhat.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Gregory Edward Schiano

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I'd disagree with this, he ruined his career to some extent but he didn't attempt to condemn Freeman's wife to death if he couldn't find a way to get her gently caress off expensive medication.

But I'm still voting Schiano for willful douchiness over corporate incompetence and evil. I also sort of favor single entrants over groups of people for reasons I can't really explain if I find things at all close.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

I just looked over Schiano's coaching record- how did he get an NFL HC job? He did a mediocre at best job at Rutgers with a 2nd place finish in the Big East being his ceiling. What gives?

Bill Belichick likes him and said nice things about him to the Bucs. Also the Tampa front office at the time completely screwed up the coaching search and were kind of down to the wire and had to hire someone if I remember right. poo poo another reason to vote for Schiano is we could have had another round of Marty coaching if it wasn't for him, Schottenheimer wanted the job.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 22, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Greg Schiano.

:fiveaces:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Dolphins

Front

Office

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

The Glazers are cheap and he's Bill belichick's buddy, collusion.

I nominated Schiano and I really want to vote for him, but I just cannot get past how unbelievably horrible the Dolphins treated that poor scout. I liked the Dolphins, I always have, but that news just...gently caress that. I hate the Dolphins for that. I hate them. They suck.

You have worked for this storied franchise for 16 years. You are a loyal scout, watching tons and tons of tape, trying to get your team the best results. On top of that, you have to take care of your sick wife. The team lets you work from home to ease your stress. You do this for years. Then this incompetent, terrible, backwards organization comes in and they look at you, and your years of loyal service, and say "Nah gently caress your wife and your home". They cut your insurance to take care of the person you love, and ONLY your insurance. Nothing else. They then tell you that you cannot work from home anymore, you can't even take care of her during the day. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress the Dolphins, they may have just signed the death warrant for the poor woman, so that they could save a few bucks. An NFL team needing to penny pinch.

And this is just one element to the douchiness. This ignores how terrible and backwards they were across the board. The entire Dolphins front office is poop.

Greg Schiano is a tool absolutely deserving of the tournament, but I have to vote with my heart here. Dolphins Front Office

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Grittybeard posted:

But I'm still voting Schiano for willful douchiness over corporate incompetence and evil. I also sort of favor single entrants over groups of people for reasons I can't really explain if I find things at all close.

I gotta agree, it's nice to have one smug face you wanna punch on that award. Schiano man

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

DFO

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I am completely torn. I'm horrified by both the DFO and Schiano.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
As bad as the Dolphins are, I will always be a loyal Schiano Man

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Dolphins FO are terrible, and were cartoonishly evil that that guy, but Schiano probably ruined the careers of like, most of Tampa Bay with his utter stupidity not to mention the dudes we know he actively destroyed. Top it off, and what really pushes him to douche status, is his idea that what he did was actually real good and those whiny jerks just don't get him. Any stupid rear end in a top hat can crush a football organization, but only a douche can look at the smoldering ruins and go "Yea, YOU'RE WELCOME, assholes".

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Jeff Ireland and the DFO.

Sorry, TFF, Josh Freeman isn't a good football player.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Leperflesh posted:

I am completely torn. I'm horrified by both the DFO and Schiano.

I know, jesus, what a choice.

I think I'm going to go with Schiano because he ruined lives, epitomizes douche more than evil, and is a singular douche as opposed to a collective of individuals that did douchey things (i.e. more concentrated douche).

Honestly though, I could go either way and can't really argue with anyone for going DFO...

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Schiano

Dfo while douchey and undeniably evil are also super passive aggressive and at this point I'm voting chaotic evil over lawful evil.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Schiano

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

As bad as the Dolphins are, I will always be a loyal Schiano Man

DFO deprived a sick woman of medication.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Greg Schiano

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Anybody got a good link or feel like typing the story of what Schiano did to Freeman? I kinda sorta loosely remember but don't. I mean, I'm still voting for Dolphins Front Office but I'm curious to see the refresher course on ol' Greg and Freeman. Didn't he out him for pain pill or some poo poo? I'm old; I forget.

deathsuxdontdie
Apr 12, 2004

Excellent Patient Care
Voting for Schiano on this one.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
DFO Clearly the douchiness is endemic there and they hired Ingcognitio.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Dolphins Front Office, because at least Schiano got fired and isn't douching up the Bucs anymore.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

deathsuxdontdie posted:

Voting for Schiano on this one.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Alter Ego posted:

Dolphins Front Office, because at least Schiano got fired and isn't douching up the Bucs anymore.

I'm going with this. Schiano is cleaning hoodies in Mass right now, why hate him?

DFO, however, is eternal.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Maggot Soup posted:

Gregory Edward Schiano

jugulator45
Apr 1, 2009
Greg Schiano

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Schiano, absolutely banner year for him.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Greg Schiano did a lot of lovely things, but it was entirely in the realm of football and football players. The DFO specifically targeted the family of an employee for literally no reason other than to be a giant dick. Schiano got caught up in the football platitudes of play to the whistle, be a man, etc. The Dolphins specifically changed their health care plan before firing an employee so that his wife couldn't continue to get the care she needs. This move did not save any dollars to the Dolphins. This move did nothing other than to say "gently caress you for doing what we said you could do for several years". The DFO singled out and targeted the wife of an employee who by all accounts was loyal and did everything they asked him to do for the simple reason that the new guy in charge didn't like what the old regime did. gently caress you Ross, gently caress you Dolphins Front Office a million times over. Again, keep in mind this move didn't save the Dolphins any money, and that the ONLY change to the plan was to eliminate the specific genetic disease that the scout's wife suffered from. Also, keep in mind that in this entire post, I didn't even delve into the handling of the Incognito stuff, the guy who just beat out Ray "Wife Beater" Rice who made his wife apologize for him beating her.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Schiano because his doucheness can only be matched by an entire front office of doucheness.

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

Cystic fibrosis is a terrible disease and of the many people afflicted by it only half of them will reach the age of forty. Imagine a life time of recurrent pulmonary infections that bring you in the hospital for weeks, imagine being on the throne multiple times a day with diarrhea because you can't digest fats or just knowing you'll never likely to have children because of a simple gene mutation. A mutation for a simple chloride channel in the mucus secreting cells of your body which turns the normal watery secretions into a thick sludge causing plugs in the lungs, pancreas, liver, intestine, and your reproductive tract.

Now imagine you have someone in your life that can provide you with the medicines and personal care needed to prolong your life. To have that ripped away from you by some vindictive rear end in a top hat, who specifically targeted you, just makes you wonder about the utter lack of humanity some people have.

This is what the DFO did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Schiano. DFO are terrible and evil, but everything they did was to line their pockets with money. Schiano ruined a lot of people/careers/etc just because he felt like it was a good idea at the time.

• Locked thread