Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

TL posted:

Tom having Edible Gelatin Infants in his inventory was my favorite part.

Look! Rocks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Look! Rocks!

That was the best bit.

Actually it was all the best bit.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

GUYS GUYS GUYS

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

GUYS GUYS GUYS

I love me some Dolctor Who :3:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

aaand they misspelled the hashtag. Nice.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Just when being a Doctor Who fan couldn’t get any better, Big Finish takes it up another notch!

Now…which classic villains do you think Moffat/Capaldi will bring back this year to haunt us? Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, Sillurians. Who’s next?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

aaand they misspelled the hashtag. Nice.

Ahahaha, I love Big Finish.

Jaime and Four together should make for a fun story.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CobiWann posted:

Just when being a Doctor Who fan couldn’t get any better, Big Finish takes it up another notch!

Now…which classic villains do you think Moffat/Capaldi will bring back this year to haunt us? Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, Sillurians. Who’s next?

Do you want to know? Head over to the spoiler thread.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

The_Doctor posted:

We all know by now. No need to visit the spoiler thread, the major series arc is immensely tied up in the robotic crab from Paradise Towers returning. In fact, both the TARDIS and Clara were actually the crab the whole time!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I especially enjoyed the episode where those lights from the Tom Baker serial came back and announced that his stay of execution had been canceled.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Not to mention the five whole teamup episodes with Eccelston and the first Doctor (played by the guy who played Hartnell in the docudrama)!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, ace, they brought back MEL for a one-shot episode?!?

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
NPR article on Peter Capaldi and the upcoming season: TV's New Doctor Who Has An Old Connection To The Series

25 hours, guys :ohdear:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

CobiWann posted:

Oh, ace, they brought back MEL for a one-shot episode?!?

Sylvester McCoy returning to play the Valeyard!?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ratspeaker posted:

NPR article on Peter Capaldi and the upcoming season: TV's New Doctor Who Has An Old Connection To The Series
They started to play this story just as I pulled into my parking space at work and I just had to stay in the car and listen to the whole thing.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Astroman posted:

BEIGE BATBALL VEGETABLE BOYFRIEND!

Can we just make Peter Capaldi the new showrunner? It'd be like a Player/Manager in US batball.

Alternatively, give it to Colin! He's written stories before and I'm fairly certain that he at the very least knows what not to do.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Yvonmukluk posted:

he at the very least knows what not to do.

DW Showrunner Guidebook Rule #1) Don't hire Colin Baker.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Ratspeaker posted:

25 hours, guys :ohdear:

The corrections on that article are embarrassingly goony.

Though, they may have come from Capaldi himself.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

Well, I'm not quite of drinking age, so the Way Station isn't really in my purview.

Within your purview? Where do you think you are, in some loving regency costume drama?

...okay, I've got all my Malcolm Tucker references out of my system ahead of time. Bring on Capaldi's Doctor!

Also, do they seriously have a Doctor Who themed bar in New York?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Gordon Shumway posted:

Also, do they seriously have a Doctor Who themed bar in New York?

Yeah it's not some elaborate joke.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Oh my god, I had no idea.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

Oh my god, I had no idea.

We've been talking about this for like six months.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

DoctorWhat posted:

In this thread, or the spoiler thread? I saw that one's title, but I had no idea how accurate it was until I saw this.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

In this thread, or the spoiler thread? I saw that one's title, but I had no idea how accurate it was until I saw this.

I haven't been in the Spoiler thread since the leaks, but here too, yeah.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah it's not some elaborate joke.

That's a little bit awesome. I guess they really do have a bar for everything in New York.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

DoctorWhat posted:

And it still makes me grin like an idiot every time I see it :allears:

I didn't finish my Pertwee marathon on time, so now I have to decide between rewatching the best of seasons 10-11 or finishing The Thick of It/In the Loop before the premiere. Tough choice.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
"We've been talking about this for six months," he says impatiently in a topic about a 40 year old television show.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Gordon Shumway posted:

That's a little bit awesome. I guess they really do have a bar for everything in New York.

The bathroom is a TARDIS and they have drinks named after the Doctors.

I have pissed in the TARDIS. Also they like to play a lot of New Order?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

"We've been talking about this for six months," he says impatiently in a topic about a 40 year old television show.

Oh look at you, coming into MY house. What a startling wit. What a remarkable intelligence. Why, we've got the next Oscar Wilde right here, don't we?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Them's fighting words!

I would also accept Peter Davison and Georgia Moffett, going from the excellence of the Five-ish Doctors reboot.

Anyway, just watched the Day of the Doctor to get hyped for the new series. Go, Peter, go!

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

In English too, a language that has existed for hundreds of years. On a planet that's 4.5 billion years old. Wow!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Guys, we have a celebrity here! It's Michael Grade!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Guys, we have a celebrity here! It's Michael Grade!

Well, Michael Grade is a Big Mean Jerk...

Where's your blue dress shirt, Mike?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Gordon Shumway posted:

My ex always wanted to the Way Station, but we never made the trip. It looks almost too cutesy for my taste, but I would like to check it out at least once just to say I did.

http://waystationbk.blogspot.com

Check the menu.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

And besides, Colin wasn't the Baker they shouldn't have hired. Pip-n-Jane, though?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Irish Joe posted:

THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY WAS LIKE LAST YEAR DUDE. Jeez

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

DoctorWhat posted:

And besides, Colin wasn't the Baker they shouldn't have hired.

His last season was awful and he's nuts now, but you can't tell me Tom's first few seasons aren't great.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

His last season was awful and he's nuts now, but you can't tell me Tom's first few seasons aren't great.

I meant Pip and Jane. Tom's above reproach, until he dies and 30 years later we start to acknowledge [insert lovely thing he did].

These are the good days.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

DoctorWhat posted:

I meant Pip and Jane.

I completely spaced and forgot their last name. Too many Bakers in the show's history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Little_wh0re posted:

THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY WAS LIKE LAST YEAR DUDE. Jeez

Actually the 50th Anniversary is THIS year :spergin:

DoctorWhat posted:

GUYS GUYS GUYS

Oh my God :aaa:

• Locked thread