Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

UFC Fight Night 48: Le vs Bisping on Saturday, Aug 23rd
9 am EST/6 am PST | Live from Macau, China | Only on

The only important fight of the entire day:

Prelims and other fights before those two | 6:30 am EST/3:30 am PST

UFC Fight Night 49: Henderson vs dos Anjos on Saturday, Aug 23rd
10 pm EST/7 pm PST | Live from Tulsa, Oklahoma | Only on

The second important fight of the evening, but not as much:

Prelims and other fights before those two | 8 pm EST/5 pm PST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Bubba Smith posted:

Prelims and other fights before those two | 8 pm EST/5 pm PST

yall motherfuckers act like you forgot about francis carmont. well he's back. and then you can forget about him again because this fight is gonna be loving terrible.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Max Holloway is cool because he delivers lots of punches to the body

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Future contender Niinimäki is on this card, so watch for that. Yes he lost his last one but that was to the future and first Swedish champ. Or so I tell myself anyway.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Max Holloway is cool because he delivers lots of punches to the body

PSP doesn't appreciate Holloway nearly enough

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Fat Twitter Man posted:

PSP doesn't appreciate Holloway nearly enough

Idea for later: it'd be cool if people made threads for underappreciated dudes with why they are cool. I think we did something like that a long time ago, or just did a bunch of things about people in the WW division or something. I can't remember.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Well there aren't any such cool dudes on this card

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

yall motherfuckers act like you forgot about francis carmont. well he's back. and then you can forget about him again because this fight is gonna be loving terrible.

I seriously just gone done with like four straight minutes of laughing at the idea of Francis Carmont. I had to leave the room and lie down on the couch.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DoombatINC posted:

I seriously just gone done with like four straight minutes of laughing at the idea of Francis Carmont. I had to leave the room and lie down on the couch.

Round 1: The fighters touch gloves and the co-main event is underway. Both being careful early. Carmont misses with a kick. Souza presses forward. He lands a right hand, but Carmont pulls him down into reverse mount. Carmont traps Souza's legs around him. Carmont working Souza's hands and arms over with head and shoulder strikes. Souza works for a rear naked choke. Carmont gets wrist control and prevents the choke. Carmont traps Souza's arm with his chin, but Souza escapes. Carmont still has Souza's legs trapped in a body triangle. Souza asks how much time is left in the round. He's getting desperate. 30 seconds remain on the clock. Carmont works Souza over with belly strikes to his heel. Carmont rolls into him and gains top position at the bell. PSP scores the round 10-9 for Carmont.

Round 2: Carmont inches forward. He misses with a high kick. Souza lands an outside leg kick. He follows it up with a right hand and closes the distance. They separate. Carmont delivers an outside leg kick. He’s trying to keep Souza on the outside with his jab. Souza moves in and lands a right hand. He chases Carmont. Carmont clinches and they quickly separate. Carmont partially lands an overhand right. Souza inches forward. He works for a takedown. Carmont defends the attempt and lands a short right hand. Carmont lands a combination. Carmont’s jab is finding its mark. Souza moves forward. He lands a right hand to the body. Souza looks to get the fight to the ground. Carmont defends and they separate. The round ends. PSP scores it 10-8 for Carmont.

Round 3: Carmont moves in with an outside leg kick. Souza lands to the body. They both miss with right hands. Carmont moves forward with a right hand and Souza times it and ducks under, but Carmont drags him down. Carmont gains reverse mount position again and delivers hard blows with his head to Souza's fists. Souza rolls, but Carmont maintains control of him with his back. Carmont sits up and traps Souza's legs with a body lock. Souza tries to escape, but Carmont maintains back control. Carmont strikes Souza's fists with his head. Carmont throws punches behind his head. Souza works for a rear naked choke but can’t get it. Souza desperately tries to get free. Carmont throws devestating shots as Souza behind him. Souza works for the choke again. The round ends. PSP scores it 10-9 for Carmont, but Souza may have stolen it with his ineffective sub attempts.

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE THE BNP

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Idea for later: it'd be cool if people made threads for underappreciated dudes with why they are cool. I think we did something like that a long time ago, or just did a bunch of things about people in the WW division or something. I can't remember.

Yeah I think there was one about Josh Koscheck.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

We had like a "Talk about your favorite mid-carder" or something which was pretty cool while it lasted.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

fatherdog posted:

We had like a "Talk about your favorite mid-carder" or something which was pretty cool while it lasted.

Yeah I think this was it, and it might be cool to revisit now that Fight Pass exists

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
A good OP for mostly bad fights.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Jon Anik ‏@Jon_Anik
For those interested, we'll be employing the smaller (25-footer) Octagon here in Tulsa, Oklahoma. #UFCFightNight

WEC will rise again!

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Setting my alarm for 6 AM for a UFC fight card in Macau China is one of my lowest lows.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Lipeng won TUF: China
O'Reilly lost the first episode of TUF: Nations

The significance of this fight is thus: the very worst Australian guy vs the very best Chinese guy. Giving us a definitive idea of the relative badness of two countries that are bad at MMA.

(I train with Brendan and I hope he wins, he's nice)

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I woke up in a haze. I see it is 1:17 of round 2 in a women's MMA China match and I've hit rock bottom

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

The judges have just made me 50% more interested in this card.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
That decision was as bad as my decision to watch this card live

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

28-29 Phillips? Shouldn't that be unanimous then?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
A veritable Who's who of fighters this card is.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mostly Who vs. who.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If there were a Hu fighting, I'd take tzhat joke on the road.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
gently caress you, ROYSTON BY GOD WEE is fighting and he's the best :colbert:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

These scrambles and flurries, while uncoordinated, are a fun to watch.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

gently caress you, ROYSTON BY GOD WEE is fighting and he's the best :colbert:

Apparently not

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

these judges should judge all fights. every fight

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

THESE JUDGES

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Lloyd Boner posted:

Apparently not

judges disagree with me

I don't know what's worse, the judging or Friedlander's announcing

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

and I swear if this british announcer reads the scorecards backwards one more mother loving time

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I did not know judges could bet on the fights. Thank you for educating me, UFC in Macao

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Rooting for Anying because I like the funniest possible result.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Well, that was cool.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Anying was on pace for a split decision win too. gently caress

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

Anying was on pace for a split decision win too. gently caress

Maybe the judges can overrule Roberts

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?
Now 1-3 Chinese flyweight beating down the Wee man was pretty great. I wonder if Yao gets another fight for that. He's 1-3 and 'lost' but its not like any of the Chinese fighters have winning records/are good besides The Leech.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Sasaki loving owns

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

God drat :stare:

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Always bet on anime grapplers.