Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
C

Lone wolf character, activate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
FYI it's the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal not the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Trall.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Heretic! !BLAM!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

MaliciousOnion posted:

F. We implicate our family, regardless of their guilt, so we can snatch the Warrant of Trade and obtain our own ship to do the Emperor's work. After all, they did forget our birthday back in M41.003.
Oh yeah :golfclap: change my vote to this

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Obscil posted:

FYI it's the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal not the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Trall.

You have seen through my cunning deception. 25 XP for you good sir!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
C, and F if and only if we can "find" sufficient evidence.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

As an aside, it pleases me to describe a Rogue Trader ship as "never-ending hunger and its mind-boggling stupidity ... mind bogglingly stupid, but very, very ravenous."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

MaliciousOnion posted:

F. We implicate our family, regardless of their guilt, so we can snatch the Warrant of Trade and obtain our own ship to do the Emperor's work. After all, they did forget our birthday back in M41.003.

This.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
C changed mind below

Since we left to study and join the Priesthood of Mars, even if we were close to some of our family, we probably aren't all that close anymore.

While I really like Onion's suggestion, we should at least first check out if they actually are heretics and thus save the effort of fabricating the evidence.

throw to first DAMN IT fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 23, 2014

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

MaliciousOnion posted:

this

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Actually, lets do

G - Collect all evidence of our heretical activities and space them, then set about accusing our family of heresy via investigation (and forgery, if the investigation finds nothing). We need to make sure that the inquisitorial eye never looks our direction! Also that birthday thing.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

E do it do it do it

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Isn't it in our best interest to not leave a "hello and congratulations with your new job at the Inquisition" note lying around even if we do follow their instructions? Especially if we are to share a ship with some variety of heretic? Memorize the location of that broadcasting station and destroy all documentation linking us to the Inquisition. Then do C with the ultimate goal of obtaining the warrant as in F.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
D, we're a Tech-Priest, we need to act like one.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

D

Yeah lets not already begin doing crazy poo poo

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

frajaq posted:

D

Yeah lets not already begin doing crazy poo poo

Heretic.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
F

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

MaliciousOnion posted:

Yup.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

MaliciousOnion posted:

this is the only thing worth voting for do it now

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

A) Warn your lord sire

B) Consult the Ecclesiarchy x

C) Begin your Investigation Privately x x x x

D) Commune with the Machine x x x

E) Destroy the Material, Pretend nothing Happened x x

F) Implicate our Family, Regardless of Guilt x x x x x x x x

G) Collect/frame evidence on Family, going slow x x x

Looks like our Family will be the first to go. Ill keep voting up over the weekend-ish.

At the moment it looks like the main argument is whether we call the Inquisitor RIGHT NOW, or if we make a good case first.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Well, we should probably get some evidence first. Although, there's no reason the evidence has to be real. Well, actually real evidence would be preferable considering there are probably some really nasty consequences for faking evidence.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Obscil posted:

Well, we should probably get some evidence first. Although, there's no reason the evidence has to be real. Well, actually real evidence would be preferable considering there are probably some really nasty consequences for faking evidence.

Judging by the numbers, you only need to persuade 3 people to go from CALL NOW to COLLECT/FAKE SOME PROOF

and your family *is* tainted, so theres prolly some credence to you thinking there is some guilt there.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Oh yeah, I definitely think we should have some evidence, even if it is fabricated.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Can't wait until we meet Dad. He'll probably be a brain in a jar or something.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

MaliciousOnion posted:

Oh yeah, I definitely think we should have some evidence, even if it is fabricated.

Yeah me too, and I was F. So, one more?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Diogines posted:

LowellDND posted:

A) Warn your lord sire

C) Begin your Investigation Privately x x x x

D) Commune with the Machine x x x

F) Implicate our Family, Regardless of Guilt x x x x x x

G) Collect/frame evidence on Family, going slow x x x x x

Looks like our Family will be the first to go. Ill keep voting up over the weekend-ish.

At the moment it looks like the main argument is whether we call the Inquisitor RIGHT NOW, or if we make a good case first.

Adjusted accordingly. That changes the tone a bit, originally I got the impression you were calling in at the first Astropath.

Writing up some evidence, being slow, and keeping to yourself is a slightly different approach, although I dig the Paranoia game play.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

LowellDND posted:

Adjusted accordingly. That changes the tone a bit, originally I got the impression you were calling in at the first Astropath.

Writing up some evidence, being slow, and keeping to yourself is a slightly different approach, although I dig the Paranoia game play.

I don't know if this forum is ready to play 40k the way it's meant to be played.

Anyway, changing vote from C to G.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Diogines posted:

Same

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Switch from F to G for me too. We need evidence, but it doesn't have to be real. I think that's what most of the people who voted F were going for.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Since talking to the Machine Cult clearly isn't gonna win (even though its the CORRECT decision), lets take it slow. Changing my vote from D to G

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Change to G

Let's get collectin'

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Change to G

Let's get collectin'

This. Let's. Are sure the hole were digging is nice and deep and filled with pirañas before we leap in.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

LowellDND posted:

A) Warn your lord sire

C) Begin your Investigation Privately x x x

D) Commune with the Machine x x

F) Implicate our Family, Regardless of Guilt x x x

G) Collect/frame evidence on Family, going slow x x x x x, x x x x x, x

We're pretty solid into G, so Ill start writing with that assumption. Ill keep voting open till tomorrow, but I don't expect anything else to get the 8+ votes they need to catch up.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

LowellDND posted:

We're pretty solid into G, so Ill start writing with that assumption. Ill keep voting open till tomorrow, but I don't expect anything else to get the 8+ votes they need to catch up.

I don't think you need to keep votes open this long. Unless this is how often you want to update.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Obscil posted:

I don't think you need to keep votes open this long. Unless this is how often you want to update.

Hm, the other CYOA threads gave me the impression they were open 3-7 days. Too long?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

LowellDND posted:

Hm, the other CYOA threads gave me the impression they were open 3-7 days. Too long?

It depends on the pace you want to go at. Some update daily, or even multiple times a day (sometimes, usually not sustained). Some take longer. A lot of it depends on how many votes you have I think.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

For my 2 cents, updates can be however frequent the majority of players vote, adjusted by how often the OP wants to write?

It could be every days, it could be daily or a few times a day, as long as most of the players vote each update. If people don't vote they don't feel invested but they also lose interest if it is too slow. As a player, I like updates as often as possible!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Okay. Tentatively, I want to try for 2/week, with each update being 2-3 pages, which lets us explore the world a little bit. I'm not sure of the post length of the other 40k threads just yet, but they seemed a decent length.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outside in

Below you, the countless miles of machinery of the Haephestus-class Forge World, your home these many years. You spent the majority of your life there, learning the sacred arts of the Machine-God, becoming proficient in the foundations of Tech-Priest. Next to you, your cyber-mastiff snuffles uneasily, distressed by the change in gravity, the rapidly changing smells of a continent of ancient technology. To your south, a horizon of refineries, processing gigatons of promethium.

Your Lord-Sire had summoned you, now finished with your training as a Tech-Priest. Now, you had two masters - the eternal Omnissiah, and your patron and lord, the Rogue Trader. Unofficially, three Masters - the Imperial Inquisition. Any one of them had the power to end your life, and the conflicting demands of all three would likely result in that, eventually.

Leaving the atmosphere, if it could be called that - millennia of chemicals and waste filled the skies, all the way to low orbit - you observe the slowly approaching Beast of TrallTraal. Your birth place, and the home of your Family. Their place of power in these turbulent times, in the 40th Millenium.

The Beast of TrallTraal is a monstrous ship, torn from the hands of xenos countless centuries ago. Your ancestor and Founder of your Family seized it, cleansed it, claimed it. It was a space hulk, dozens of ships smashed together in some horrific battle or warp accident. Most of the identifiable regions were three to four millennia old - a sacred relic of the Adeptus Mechanicus. The details of how it ended in your Family’s hands is a secret known only to the Elders.

Nearly 8 kilometers long, it has the look of a hammerhead shark; massive head set on a long body. Your Family lives in the bow, as they should, and the most vital and private things are kept there. The bridge, the private armoury, the purification plants. Your Family long ago came to the conclusion that such things should be kept out of the hands of the rabble, and the neck of the ship is one of the most heavily guarded.

On the spine, a cathedral dedicated to the God Emperor, increasing the look of a predator at sea. Even the powerful engines, in the aft of the ship, had been decorated to be spiked fins, and various cannon had been adjusted to appear as maws, or grasping talons. At a distance, the Beast of TrallTraal looked like a dangerous alpha predator, the king of the seas it sailed on.

Upon closer approach, it lost a certain gravitas. A massive two kilometer Aquilia spanned the head of the beast, but it was off center, angled at an awkward angle relative to any point of view that had been examined. Similarly, the name of the ship, scored in gold letters a hundred meters high, suffered from spelling mistakes. Hence the name Beast of TrallTraal. One Family ancestor or another had just bulled through it, declaring that it was the name, and damning anyone to say otherwise.

Your shuttle slowly banks its way to the stern of the ship, passing three cargo bays and deploying to the fourth. Your Family’s ship primarily transmits cold cargo, megatons of this or that, but the fourth cargo bay contains atmosphere, and is meant for passengers such as yourself. The Aquila Lander lands gently, before being worked over by Tech-Priests and their apprentices. From there, it will be brought back to the shuttle bays, to appease the Machine-Spirit. You yourself are gestured deeper into the bay, where your welcoming party awaits you. Your Family, after nearly two decades away.

Your Family… near enough. Three musicians, playing with enthusiasm if not skill, on Suonas. Your man-servant, the man who raised you before you were selected for training at a Forge-World.

Thinking back on it, he spent most time on

A) Adept

B) Arbiter

C) Cleric

D) Scum

teaching you the nuances of life aboard the Beast of TrallTraal, and preparing you in devotion to the Family. Every Family member had such a servant/teacher, and he is devoted to you in life and death. He gives a nervous bow to you when he sees you, his eyes bright.

“Welcome home, my lady.”

-

This is a two parter while I finish getting you to your quarters and the inevitable betrayal of your Family, but I wanted to give you something while you wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
D Our servant knows how to navigate the seedy underbelly of the Beast of TrallTraal.