Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

How is it possible to like things or enjoy things when the soul-crushing truth of reality sets in, that it's all meaningless and you will die someday? Also, when some people will make fun of you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

op I genuinely enjoyed your mother last night

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID
If your friends think you watch hentai then they are probably right. Just accept it and tell them, "Yes, I do love me some anime titties!"

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
No.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Uh... yeah. Have you took a step back and just soaked in the majesty that is the human experience? poo poo was bomb.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
im gay

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
possibly

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

How is it possible to like things or enjoy things when the soul-crushing truth of reality sets in, that it's all meaningless and you will die someday? Also, when some people will make fun of you?

Drugs.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I do, yes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Dying someday is the highlight.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

super macho dude posted:

Uh... yeah. Have you took a step back and just soaked in the majesty that is the human experience? poo poo was bomb.

Idk man, I don't know how many sun sets and sent of pine trees it takes to get over being a third world child sex slave but I bet its a lot. What I'm trying to day is the human experience varies a lot based on the human.

Badass
Apr 14, 2014

Why haven't you killed yourself yet OP

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

if you're a child sex slave i bet you'd genuinely enjoy any day where you aren't being a child sex slave, regardless of sunsets or pines

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

chaosbreather posted:

if you're a child sex slave i bet you'd genuinely enjoy any day where you aren't being a child sex slave, regardless of sunsets or pines

That's a really positive and refreshing out look on things.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
i would enjoy the op being banned

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Nice try op but anime is still pants.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It all being meaningless makes it easier to enjoy things.

Can you imagine the soul crushing weight of the things you do actually mattering? Jesus that'd be nuts.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Not really. Life is ashes.

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:
Weed

:iiam:

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
I genuinely enjoyed my breakfast this morning!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Guancho posted:

I genuinely enjoyed my breakfast this morning!

Mine was really good too!

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

when you think about it modern ennui is a huge luxury, its a problem only literally kings had hundreds of years ago

you live in a big dumb stupid building and do a job that has no physical meaning or relevance and you don't have to worry about god you are warm and fed every night, can read and write and can receive messages from across the planet and have reason to do so. we're all kings.

kinging is super boring though so they turned to wars, or sometimes super devoted to charity or furthering the arts and sciences. these helped bring meaning into those kings lives, so try those things until you feel less ennui

or you could give it all up and be a peasant, move somewhere where you probably will die from something we have an over-the-counter for, do physical labour and feel like you are making a difference because your caveman brain doesn't realise that everything you build will decay in a matter of moments for a billion different reasons, it doesn't care its like make fire warm hut good survival monkey.

either way it's your duty to determine what is meaningful, and if nothing is then it means you haven't taken responsibility for yourself

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots
i haven't actually enjoyed anything in like a decade. i kind of assume that anyone who says they do enjoy things is lying.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
lol if you cling to life for any reason other than habit

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol if you enjoy anything in life instead of making sarcastic biting remarks towards evertying in an effort to look cool and above the sheeple.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Contraceptives have brought me much joy.

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

Volume posted:

Lol if you enjoy anything in life instead of making sarcastic biting remarks towards evertying in an effort to look cool and above the sheeple.

what if i make sarcastic biting remarks towards everything because i no longer have the ability to be sincere?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I'm listening to some music that I'm enjoying, there's probably something wrong with me

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

cat doter posted:

I'm listening to some music that I'm enjoying, there's probably something wrong with me

You should post a thread about how human existence is truly meaningless. That'll wake up the sheeple.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

cat doter posted:

no the very physiology of the ear, evolved to detect predators and prey, requires certain sounds to be pleasant, which is why you like certain harmonies. you like certain rhythms because of basic structures in your brain that are the precursors to language. you're essentially masturbating, short-circuiting a survival instinct to make yourself feel good.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

super macho dude posted:

You should post a thread about how human existence is truly meaningless. That'll wake up the sheeple.

the idea that human life is meaningless is objectively wrong so I probably won't do that

chaosbreather posted:

no the very physiology of the ear, evolved to detect predators and prey, requires certain sounds to be pleasant, which is why you like certain harmonies. you like certain rhythms because of basic structures in your brain that are the precursors to language. you're essentially masturbating, short-circuiting a survival instinct to make yourself feel good.

this is also wrong but whatever

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

cat doter posted:

the idea that human life is meaningless is objectively wrong so I probably won't do that

lmfao

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

cat doter posted:

no gently caress you i am a professor of knowledge on the internet you titmouse

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

cat doter posted:

lol

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Affe mk2 posted:

what if i make sarcastic biting remarks towards everything because i no longer have the ability to be sincere?

Then congrats on becoming the next step of human evolution.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
faggots do

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

chaosbreather posted:

no gently caress you i am a professor of knowledge on the internet you titmouse

gently caress you I know more things than you

AdvilSmith
Aug 15, 2014

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
It is hard not to enjoy a proper anal pounding on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Lightning and thunder to accent the mood and then have it all ruined by having your mother walk in on you mid-climax. Yeah, I guess you can't really enjoy anything anymore. What a pity.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I don't enjoy anything except drugs so yes, people enjoy some things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
liking things = bad

opinions = no

• Locked thread