Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Crazy Man posted:

Everything is free with enough imagination and creativity. I'll leave it at that.

I do have a dilemma though. Do I watch the live broadcast or should I leave my first viewing until people come over for it later...

is it forbidden to just say that Media Hint exists or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
When you watch the new title sequence remember that the creator of it had this to say: "If it's so obvious, why hasn't it been done before?"

That's the level of intellect we're dealing with here

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

The laws of sanity are mine, and they will obey me!

Attitude Indicator posted:

These days, it's hard to say. I've seen mods on other forums come down on people for mentioning anything outside of "just Google it".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I never thought that weird game show with the robot bunny could be topped as a lead-in to Doctor Who, and yet here I am watching a trampoline talent show :stare:

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
UK goons, Amazon has a two blu-rays for £10 sale, which includes Spearhead from Space, and also also the RSC Hamlet with David Tennant, both found in the TV section. http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=nav_sap_bdmultiq314?_encoding=UTF8&emi=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&node=5160173031

I don't know if there's some sort of referral link in that URL or not sorry.

Also some "volumes" of series 5, but nobody buys them as volumes anyway unless they're cheap in CEX.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

MrL_JaKiri posted:

When you watch the new title sequence remember that the creator of it had this to say: "If it's so obvious, why hasn't it been done before?"

That's the level of intellect we're dealing with here

It's loving poo poo mate. It's the most boring, cliche loving visuals for a time travel show and up until this point Doctor Who has happily avoided it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

PriorMarcus posted:

It's loving poo poo mate. It's the most boring, cliche loving visuals for a time travel show and up until this point Doctor Who has happily avoided it.

I haven't seen it yet so let me guess: a clock in which the hands are spinning backwards.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Irish Joe posted:

I haven't seen it yet so let me guess: a clock in which the hands are spinning backwards.

Pretty much. Stephen Moffat found it so mind blowing he had to use it.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

PriorMarcus posted:

I respectfully disagree with your lovely opinion

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Irish Joe posted:

Also there's some gears

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

bpc908 posted:

I respectfully disagree with your lovely opinion

It looks like an Inspector Spacetime intro. Let that sink in.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Attitude Indicator posted:

You're not allowed to talk about pirating shows or how to find pirated shows, it's not entirely clear whether VPN/proxy services fall under that category.

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

The laws of sanity are mine, and they will obey me!
RE: My dilemma earlier...gently caress it, I turned on BBC One. Granted, I have to put up with this dancey talent show which makes Wipeout look like a loving masterpiece, but it'll be over soon enough... :allears:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

thexerox123 posted:

You're not allowed to talk about pirating shows or how to find pirated shows, it's not entirely clear whether VPN/proxy services fall under that category.

well, it does give you access to shows that you aren't technically supposed to see, but on the other hand it amounts to saying that you can find stuff on pirate bay. I'll leave it, maybe a mod will weigh in on it, to satisfy my curiousity.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

DoctorWhat posted:

As a result, many of the remaining 8th Doctor stories planned for the Divergent Arc were partially or heavily rewritten, and traces of that arc's themes and style remain in many of the eight remaining stories.

It's kind of a pity that Time Works was moved out of the Divergent Universe. If it hadn't, it would have been on that short list of "actually uses the concept." Was also the last McGann audio I've really enjoyed in my chronological listen-through, sadly. (Haven't gotten to the EDAs yet.)

BUT I've already gotten Six drunkenly accosting Marcel Proust this weekend, so Capaldi and Co. are going to have to work hard to top that. :colbert:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think I will like the new episode because I own all five seasons of Sliders on DVD and as such have impeccable taste in genre television :downs:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
Just finished rewatching The Three Doctors and The Fires of Pompeii. I'm ready!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'm watching The Definitive Malcolm Tucker as a appetizer. I know Twelve's gonna be different but it's still fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's been a long wait (and I waited through the classic to movie to revival gaps!) but it's almost over :allears:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
See you all on the other side!

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Oh come on, Rexie, just eat Big Ben! You were so close!

e: :siren: we are live so all y'all who aren't watching get out: :siren:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That's some shoddy CGI. Please no more Vastra.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's an awfully big T-Rex

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

This reminds me very strongly of an old Chewits advert.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Thingy - the not me one, the asking questions one."

Edit: Kind of a ridiculous opening but Capaldi is already amazing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Stop stealing the Brig's lines! :argh:

Also, that title sequence is pony, and the music is weak.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

"You all sound so... English! You've all developed a fault"

lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well I don't like the new opening credits.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Welp, this is a loving trainwreck so far.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

The incidental music is much, much quieter. This alone makes me hopeful.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Genetic Toaster posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dinosaur poetry

Genetic Toaster posted:

The mood is all over the place and there have been some bizarre choices in writing and sound effects etc - the Capaldi stuff has been amazing so far though.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Genetic Toaster posted:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Ten minutes in and Moffat's trying my patience with the comic sound effect and the doctor being "goofy".

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Alright this bad guy looks promising.

You'd think a lizard of her caliber would avoid having statues in a garden.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The mood is a bit of a clusterfuck, but villain looks cool.

Can we please have less Vastra this series? She exists only as walking exposition button.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well thank gently caress Clara is showing both backbone and character.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MURRAY GOOOLLLLD~~~~

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If we don't get one Peter Capaldi Run, series is a bogey.

Those who watched TToI will testify that Peter Capaldi running is the funniest loving thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The mood whiplash is really distracting, I wish the episode would settle on the tone it wants.

Edit "Question 2" (holds up four fingers and a thumb)

• Locked thread