Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
JakeP

<Irrelevant Posts>

<Null Tell>

[1][2][3][4]

<Genuine Scum Hunting>

[1][2][3][4][5]

I actually feel like I owe you an apology, JakeP. Although there is an extremely high signal to noise ratio with your posts, when you have something to say, it feels real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

I need to get back and :justpost:, but I agree, :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's also the fact that a cursory glance of Opop's posts show more than 1 post of scum hunting. He hasn't done tons but kilran's definitely misrepresenting stuff.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I would vote him but I feel a lot more strongly about Sombre

I think Somber looks more town based on the attempted duel, so I unvoted. For the ones still voting, do you consider it a null or scummy play?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

dorkanoid posted:

I think Somber looks more town based on the attempted duel, so I unvoted. For the ones still voting, do you consider it a null or scummy play?

I think there's more to that day action than just a vig and Somber's not telling us about it. Combined with the original case on him from me and Ras, I don't think it makes him look town.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
These cases on Somb are good.

Somb hooks on to the 'no lynch' thing Rarity pushed. Rarity didn't actually say that. Zie said that Somb was pushing an alternative hoping for a no lynch.

But really, the argument for Somb is he tried to run interference on the CE vote. I have to hold my hands up and point out that I only voted CE because he was a vote leader and there was no way I was voting merk. I felt that everyone was dogpiling merk for annoying people, not for any good reason (and I was right). No one was listening to me and so I voted for CE. Somb's reaction is to basically scream "Don't vote CE, vote Rarity or CE!" which seems TOO desperate. He pushes the case on WV, which is low hanging fruit.

Would vote Somb.

This isn't a good case. Met's 'me too' is terrible.

merk might be on to something.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Rarity posted:

There's also the fact that a cursory glance of Opop's posts show more than 1 post of scum hunting. He hasn't done tons but kilran's definitely misrepresenting stuff.

The whole point of me even going through Opop was to highlight exactly what I was saying earlier. I wasn't picking him out based on nothing. Further, this whole thing is subjective, not objective.

I do find it rather telling that everyone chose to make a big issue out of me suggesting that one of the experienced players who wasn't really contributing might be scum. Wins explained why. I was wrong about JakeP but my point stands on Opop. I'm not sure how this is being spun to make me appear scummy.

Please show me what you consider Opop scumhunting and I don't.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Rarity posted:

I think there's more to that day action than just a vig and Somber's not telling us about it. Combined with the original case on him from me and Ras, I don't think it makes him look town.

Why are you still hammering at this? Its irrelevant and just makes you like post inflation.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Rarity posted:

I read it as the success depended on the target (passively, apparently, unless Cpig is lying), and probably that there's some more information Somber gained from it, that he's for some reason not sharing with the class.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

Tearshed's contributions today are to be snide to merk, discredit winvirus, and then drop a lurker vote with no context while we have several actual good candidates we're discussing.
So yeah, he's scum.

Opopanax posted:

Just so it doesn't look like I'm trying to slip through I am totally ok with my vote on CE. Especially over merk as I do not think he's scum here.

Opopanax posted:

Seriously though, look at this in context, bearing in mind they're all within a couple hours of each other

What are you even doing kilran?

These stood out to me most from his post history. I'm not saying he's done a huge amount like some people but to say he's only made 1 post of scum hunting is just plain wrong. In fact, from my read I feel like Opop is town.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

Why are you still hammering at this? Its irrelevant and just makes you like post inflation.

Because I was asked about it, read the drat thread.

dorkanoid posted:

probably that there's some more information Somber gained from it, that he's for some reason not sharing with the class.

That's an interesting perspective but at the moment it's just hypothetical. With the info we have to go on at the moment, I feel good with my vote on Somber. If something new comes up that's when I'll reconsider.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
I'm pretty sure the first one you quoted was a joke.

The second point does not look like scum hunting of any kind to me. Its a "Hey, remember I'm totally voting CE!" possibly because he knew CE was going to flip scum. Its null tell.

How is that latter point scum hunting? He's calling me out for advocating a lurker lynch (which I didn't) and then calling merk out for it. That's defending himself. A null tell.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

How is that latter point scum hunting? He's calling me out for advocating a lurker lynch (which I didn't) and then calling merk out for it. That's defending himself. A null tell.

The scum he's hunting is you. That's how it reads to me, anyway. And if you think that tearshed post was a joke then we must have very different senses of humour.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Rarity posted:

The scum he's hunting is you. That's how it reads to me, anyway. And if you think that tearshed post was a joke then we must have very different senses of humour.

Maybe. Its subjective.

But my point stands: signal to noise ratio is off.

If you compare the quality of JakeP's points to Opop's, that shows you the difference and why I'll apologise to Jake and stand by my point on Opop.

Your willingness to engage on other topics continues to bother me. Although, given the furor I unwittingly caused yesterday and the distraction over Yuming, that is somewhat hypocritical of me.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Anyway, as much as I would love to continue this exchange, its midday on Saturday and I have things to do. I'll be back.

Also its Doctor Who day :D

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

yuming, who is a better target today, Somber (merk is voting for him) or Cpig?
When I think about Somber, his play doesn't stand out to me as SO scummy. He was on the wrong side of the CE thing but he was conflicted for the same reason I was and I can't call that scummy!

So I'd rather CPig.

winvirus is my first choice, however.

##unvote; ##vote winvirus

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

*dumps bucket of pig's blood on you*
I was Carrie for Halloween last year :sun:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

kilran posted:

Also its Doctor Who day :D

:D omg I forgot!!!

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Rarity posted:

That's an interesting perspective but at the moment it's just hypothetical. With the info we have to go on at the moment, I feel good with my vote on Somber. If something new comes up that's when I'll reconsider.

I don't have any better suggestions myself.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kilran posted:

How were you not advocating a lurker lynch? You said "These people are lurkers and one of them is probably scum". Was that just fluff? Do you think one of us is scum but you're not interested in killing that person? Why would you make a comment like that if you're not trying to push something?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Opopanax posted:

How were you not advocating a lurker lynch? You said "These people are lurkers and one of them is probably scum". Was that just fluff? Do you think one of us is scum but you're not interested in killing that person? Why would you make a comment like that if you're not trying to push something?

"These 3 people bear further investigation."

That's obvious. You've been spinning this angle, that I'm calling for a lurker lynch and in the next breath I'm calling merk out for the same to undermine me. I find your reaction pretty scummy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kilran posted:

"These 3 people bear further investigation."

That's obvious. You've been spinning this angle, that I'm calling for a lurker lynch and in the next breath I'm calling merk out for the same to undermine me. I find your reaction pretty scummy.

Oh, is that what you meant? Because I mean what you literally said was

kilran posted:

And yes, this is something of a lurker call out, but one of JakeP, Opponanax and Wins are probably scum.

Sorry for spinning things by going by what you said verbatim.

I feel like you also haven't addressed the important point here where merk was by no means calling for a lurker kill, and yet you keep positioning it that way

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
If you wish to take my words literally, then by all means, spin on. But you will note that I said "This is something of" and then posited that at least 1 of the 3 players listed were probably scum. 1 player addressed my issue. 1 got annoyed and the other, you, chose to overreact and turn into a thing.

I looked at those two players, found 1 to be right to be indignant (JakeP) and the other increasingly scummy (Opopanax).

You continue to push my statement as if it is some kind of indication of alignment.

And yes, I did call merk on his Met vote because Met hadn't really posted much. But having re-read Met during my read of Somb, I can see what merk was saying.

##unvote

##vote Opopanax

I feel confident in this. Would also vote Rarity and Somb. In this order.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kilran posted:

You continue to push my statement as if it is some kind of indication of alignment.

I guess I will, since it literally is and all.

"Opop, why are you turning this into a 'thing', why are you taking what I said literally instead of just accepting this wrong information as the vague metaphor it apparently was? So scummy"

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Point to me where I said "Hey, we should totally just lynch one of these guys"

It's pretty clear what my intention was to point out that you, Wins and JakeP, all veteran players, had not been contributing to scum hunting. In fact, JakeP had made some pretty good points in between his hugely inflated post count. That's why I am comfortable with him as town right now.

You are the one that sticks out as NOT having made any decent cases or made any real effort to scum hunt.

The fact that the first time anyone calls you on this, you go on the attack and make a huge thing about someone saying "Hey, one of these guys might be scum."

It's an overreaction and they way you have handled it makes me think you feel under scrutiny... under pressure, which leads me to believe you are scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm pretty sure Met is Scum, but I don't think a case on someone with like eight posts is going to be convincing enough to win the day here.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I suddenly feel redeemed, thank you kilran

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kilran posted:

Point to me where I said "Hey, we should totally just lynch one of these guys"

It's pretty clear what my intention was to point out that you, Wins and JakeP, all veteran players, had not been contributing to scum hunting. In fact, JakeP had made some pretty good points in between his hugely inflated post count. That's why I am comfortable with him as town right now.

You are the one that sticks out as NOT having made any decent cases or made any real effort to scum hunt.

The fact that the first time anyone calls you on this, you go on the attack and make a huge thing about someone saying "Hey, one of these guys might be scum."

It's an overreaction and they way you have handled it makes me think you feel under scrutiny... under pressure, which leads me to believe you are scum.

I don't feel under pressure, I'm handling it this way because you're saying things that aren't true and/or don't make sense.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
is kilran imploding or is this how English people always play mafia?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Would somebody PLEASE get this man a krumpet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Juanito posted:

is kilran imploding or is this how English people always play mafia?

We're too polite to call people scum. We mostly just vote for whichever blighter forgot to bring the scones.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

We're too polite to call people scum. We mostly just vote for whichever blighter forgot to bring the scones.

Like you are canadians or something that eat lovely food

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

merk posted:

I'm pretty sure Met is Scum, but I don't think a case on someone with like eight posts is going to be convincing enough to win the day here.
I could do a Met vote today.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
tearshed what do you think about the British, and more specifically kilran?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Juanito posted:

tearshed what do you think about the British, and more specifically kilran?
A little bit crazy. He posts a lot but most people seem to not understand his message so he has to repeat himself/argue with people more than necessary.

I haven't been persuaded by his cases, but I notice he isn't pushing ~for the death of (people who I perceive to be) town~. I'd say neutral read. However, I just checked his post history, and he seems pretty tunneled on Rarity. Based on my own scum read of rarity, I'd lean town on kilran.

tl;dr I wouldn't vote kilran today.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wow tearshed thats pretty racist

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

JakeP posted:

wow tearshed thats pretty racist
Is it still racist if I lived in the UK for a few years. Nice place.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

merk posted:

See my last game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

tearshed posted:

Is it still racist if I lived in the UK for a few years. Nice place.

That even more racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think we should lynch winvirus though.

• Locked thread