Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Literally The Worst posted:

I'm watching the History Channel movie on Jonestown, Paradise Lost, after I bounced back a bit in the horror thread and read Sacrament chat again. This is some good poo poo. Kinda want to find the PBS miniseries about it next.

It's pretty great, right? I checked it out after seeing The Sacrament/reading that discussion of it in the horror megathread and it was totally worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Oh, the PBS documentary is excellent. Probably the best documentary on the subject.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Oh, the PBS documentary is excellent. Probably the best documentary on the subject.

Do you remember what it's called?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
What are some good movies about waiting for something?

Related slice of life: I'm getting coffee with said ex on Monday night to discuss what we're going to do, because according to her, she needs time to figure things out. This could mean either something very good, or the total implosion of my social life.

So that's fun.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

@midnight legit rules and is the best thing I've seen Chris Hardwick involved in. Y'all should watch it if you aren't already. It's coming back on Tuesday after being on a 2 week break.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Literally The Worst posted:

Do you remember what it's called?

Life and Death of People's Temple.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Life and Death of People's Temple.

I watched it after the History Channel one. It's on YouTube in its entirety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HTtLHgU9tY

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Coffee And Pie posted:

High Noon

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Coffee And Pie posted:

The Gunfighter.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

@midnight legit rules and is the best thing I've seen Chris Hardwick involved in. Y'all should watch it if you aren't already. It's coming back on Tuesday after being on a 2 week break.

YES! Hardwick is great when they let him do what he wants to do. Watch any episode that has Nikki Glaser or Ron Funches and you will be hooked.

Also: Someone recommended The Machine a few days ago. It was pretty dope. The effects were great for a movie with a $5 budget and it's always nice to see that those G36s that someone bought a couple of years ago are still getting some work :allears:.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

The opening scene of Once Upon a Time in the West

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Westerns are all about waiting, huh.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Coffee And Pie posted:

Related slice of life: I'm getting coffee with said ex on Monday night to discuss what we're going to do, because according to her, she needs time to figure things out. This could mean either something very good, or the total implosion of my social life.

[Banevoice]Taaake controlllll. Take control of your love-life[/Banevoice]

Also, Waiting for Guffman. It has waiting right there in the title! :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ChickenMedium posted:

Also, Waiting for Guffman. It has waiting right there in the title! :v:

Ironically, the movie Waiting doesn't fit his criteria at all.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Coffee And Pie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuU3RrGj3Lc

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

Coffee And Pie posted:

So that's fun.
Fortuitously, Zero Theorem, that movie I just watched, is about waiting for something. Go watch it!!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Ryan Reynolds' reaction to this thing is by a huge margin the best thing about Blade 3 and that's not saying all that much.

I enjoy the comedy of Ryan Reynolds.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Coffee And Pie posted:

I Fidanzati, kinda. I just wanted to recommend that movie again.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
The Transformers franchise is about waiting for it to end.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Ryan Reynolds' reaction to this thing is by a huge margin the best thing about Blade 3 and that's not saying all that much.

I enjoy the comedy of Ryan Reynolds.

Die.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"The" what?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Ryan Reynolds is pretty goon in the upcoming movie The Voices. It's unfortunate it's not actually a very good movie.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I too like Ryan Reynolds.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Puppykicker posted:

ROCKYCHAT: The best scene in Rocky no one ever talks about is the one where he's walking around in the empty ring the night before the fight and then he comments how they got the poster wrong.

The other best thing is Adrian's hats. If it were up to me Rocky II-V would be all about her burgeoning career as a celebrity hat designer.

I like the part where he punches a cow carcass and says "moo"

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

The only Disney Princess with a body count... in the thousands.

Coffee And Pie posted:

So that's fun.

Or you could avoid that entire dichotomy by not trying to hook up with somebody that it didn't work out with the first time around?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

TwistedLadder posted:

Or you could avoid that entire dichotomy by not trying to hook up with somebody that it didn't work out with the first time around?

This. It didn't work before. Nothing changed. That sense of drama and a brief spark that was already there when you guys first metreturned for the briefest of moments. It'll fade.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I'm such an idiot. I spent a good half-minute trying to figure out how this was a term for hooking up.

"Metre Turn? The gently caress is a Metre Turn?"

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

LesterGroans posted:

I'm such an idiot. I spent a good half-minute trying to figure out how this was a term for hooking up.

"Metre Turn? The gently caress is a Metre Turn?"

It's French.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

TwistedLadder posted:

One of the few dating-related things that I can say with any degree of pride is that I've never once taken back an ex. :colbert:

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

The only Disney Princess with a body count... in the thousands.

CloseFriend posted:

One of the few dating-related things that I can say with any degree of pride is that I've never once taken back an ex. :colbert:

I've yet to meet anybody for whom reconnecting with an ex wasn't a shitshow, much less worked out in the long run. It's not impossible, I guess, but it sure seems like courting drama.

That said, good luck Coffee and Pie, hope however it works out that it works out in a way you're happy with.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Two of my best friends broke up for about six months and ended up getting married so it's not impossible but yeah it generally seems to go poorly.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

TwistedLadder posted:

I've yet to meet anybody for whom reconnecting with an ex wasn't a shitshow, much less worked out in the long run. It's not impossible, I guess, but it sure seems like courting drama.

That said, good luck Coffee and Pie, hope however it works out that it works out in a way you're happy with.
I've stayed friends with several of my exes, but thankfully those were all situations where we both came to understand what a bad idea it was to date.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I am loving astounded at how good BoJack Horseman is for something that looked like a dollar-store ripoff of Seth MacFarlane.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

I think it's pretty clear that we need a modern update of Surviving Edged Weapons.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CloseFriend posted:

I think it's pretty clear that we need a modern update of Surviving Edged Weapons.

Well our liberal courts allow knife culture to run rampant so it's as relieve as ever.

Also unrelated but if any of gif wizards can get that gif of the buffalo making GBS threads on magic lizards face down to acceptable avatar size I will buy it for at least 1 user*

*Vargo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Saw Baths live for the second time tonight. He put on a free show at the quad of a local university. At one point, someone in the crowd yelled out "You're so gay!"

I live in such a progressive city! :haw:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

TwistedLadder posted:

For the record, I've dated and broken up with her twice, arguably for dumb reasons each time. It was less incompatibility, more timing. That being said, I've never been big on "good choices," so I'll be sure to keep the thread updated. Whether you want it or not, really.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FishBulb posted:

Well our liberal courts allow knife culture to run rampant so it's as relieve as ever.

Also unrelated but if any of gif wizards can get that gif of the buffalo making GBS threads on magic lizards face down to acceptable avatar size I will buy it for at least 1 user*

*Vargo

Sure it was a paring knife now, but next time, it might be the Mexican sacatripe, used for gutting sheep...and other warm-blooded animals.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Reading dickeyes quote of my post makes me see a lot of typos so I uh.... probably shouldn't post any more tonight. Serious about that avatar thing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I'm playing Persona 3 again. It's all because I watched Azumanga Daioh last week and something about Japanese high school fiction about friendship makes me nostalgic for a high school experience I never actually had. Or maybe the one I did have, the good parts anyway. Or something like that.

Also the music is rad.

• Locked thread