Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm not sure. I could see somebody doing that for real. Regardless I'm not voting off of one thing like that when there is a whole game of information to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

By the way Asiina have you claimed yet?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

I'm not sure. I could see somebody doing that for real. Regardless I'm not voting off of one thing like that when there is a whole game of information to look at.

Fair enough, and I agree I'm not voting off that alone either. I was already waivering. Obviously since there's so few votes required right now I wouldn't put Meinberg at -1, but I do want to talk more about it.

By the way Asiina have you claimed yet?

I haven't.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

I haven't.

It might help.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

let us continue posting

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

It won't.

Also it's Saturday which is why I think the thread is so dead.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
My internet died on me earlier today, and it's just now coming back. I was worried that it might be down for all weekend, which would have sucked.

I can see why you would want to vote me off, I really do. I was late in claiming Miller, I described my casing of Sandwolf and Jon Joe as bussing, I was slow to vote for Sandwolf, comparatively, and Jon Joe was a man seeking death.

That said, I would note that my vote on Sandwolf came two minutes after I established my case on him, and it was my case that got the ball rolling. The only person to talk about Sandwolf before me was Gulagdolls, with this post:

GulagDolls posted:

you know who is scum, though, is cckeane and sandwolf.

It also bears mentioning that I started casing Jon Joe before he went crazy and scumclaimed.

Meinberg posted:

I will keep this in mind.

I follow your logic here. So, I recommend playing Mafia and just being wary of cop results in general. Gulag is probably joking, because it's Gulag. I'm telling the truth, but I don't have any way of proving it besides playing the game. I could totally see Jon Joe jumping in with a Miller claim, so that if he was investigated, and I had flipped, people might be inclined to believe his claim.

I still think it's Sandwolf, though.

Meinberg posted:

Hey guys, I'm a Miller. Also, if I do get voted out, I just want you guys to not just assume that Jon Joe is also a Miller. I really don't like the timing of his reveal.

Also, there's the indisputable truth of my saying "hey guys."

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Fortunately, unless the scum can get off a double kill tonight, we're not in LYLO yet, so even if you guys do execute me today, there'll be about day to get scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Excuse me, I would like everybody to know that Meinberg is scum and also I am my softball league's MVP..

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Excuse me, I would like everybody to know that Meinberg is scum and also I am my softball league's MVP..

Leading the league in:

RBIs
Runs
Home Runs
Triples
Doubles
Being a cool dude.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I don't think it's Jef or MMM. I think the setup has room for double cops, with the large number of scum, and the Miller/Godfather thing.

If you look at the two posts just above this one, you'll see exactly what sort of game CCKeane has been playing. I'm not sure if that is indicative of scum play, though, or just Keane being Keane.

As for Asiina, well not only has she consistently voted town, I really don't like this post:

Asiina posted:

So possibility #1 is that Meinberg is a scum claiming miller.

I still contend that waiting to claim miller until you are almost murdered is fishy as hell. Meinberg has been in enough games with millers to know that people immediately claim and nothing rarely happens to them. One of the reasons that I figured Meinberg was telling the truth was because Jon Joe also claimed miller at the same time and if they both weren't following the rule then maybe the rule wasn't as well known as I thought, but it turns out that Jon Joe was full of it.

Points in Meinberg's favour are definitely starting the train on Sandwolf. He could have been trying to gain townie cred on that by throwing a lurking scum buddy under the bus. I don't really know Meinberg's scum game well but he doesn't seem like the type of person who would try that kind of play. But then again maybe Jon Joe came up with it. Nothing really explains why Jon Joe made up that miller claim to save Meinberg.

I did just notice on a reread that Meinberg mentions Sandwolf as a possibility but doesn't shift his vote until other people do.

Also Sandwolf's reaction may be a response to getting bused.

It's definitely not the strong scumhunting case that Meinberg has been waving that he did.

Day 2 involved a guy begging to be killed, which honestly I find it hard to read reactions from since who does that? Day 3 also ended in a similar way. Really neither of those kills went because people cased those guys, but rather they tried to get themselves killed.

The only thing that gives me pause is Meinberg repeatedly casing Mills, as I see in a preview for this post. That definitely doesn't fit with the kill today. I had originally written off Meinberg as definitely town. I'm having doubts about that now, but I'm not sure if it's the most likely scenario.

Basically, she's attempting to recontextualize everything I've done this game as if though I was scum, and it's possible that she's deliberately misinterpreting events in order to throw shade on me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Also, she won't claim. So there's that.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

:hfive:

Good on you, mate!

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
Dammit, I'm actually stuck working again today. I will try to phonepost if I can't make it home in time (I probably can though because my employer is dumb and doesn't know how simple the assignment is).

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I still don't really get why scum meinberg would claim miller when a lynch seemed likely?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

J help me. You are the good one.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I still don't really get why scum meinberg would claim miller when a lynch seemed likely?

Hint: he wouldn't

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

Hint: he wouldn't

Stop this. I don't need you to answer my rhetorical questions with obvious and ham-handed defensive comments.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm sorry if that came off as harsh , but unfortunately at this point you can't really defend yourself anymore meinberg, all the info is out and it's up to us to decide how it works.

If are town and want to be helpful you can determine which of keane/Asiina is more likely scum.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm sorry if that came off as harsh , but unfortunately at this point you can't really defend yourself anymore meinberg, all the info is out and it's up to us to decide how it works.

If are town and want to be helpful you can determine which of keane/Asiina is more likely scum.

It's cool.

Basically, the determinant comes down to how honest Asiina is being in her scumhunting. Is she attempting to generate content for the sake of generating content or is she actually trying to root out scum.

While with Keane, the question i, is he doing this because he's a loveable goof and jokester or because he's trying to obfuscate his true leanings beneath layers of ironic detachment.

I don't know if I have the skills necessary to parse the information available, sadly.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

What do you think of keane's claim?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

What do you think of keane's claim?

I think that even if he isn't his softball team's MVP in fact, he is in spirit.

He's basically soft claiming a defensive role, and openly claiming... wizard? Which is something utterly without context in regards to this game, as both sides are wizards. I mean, double doctors would explain the relative absence of night kills thus far. So I'm not willing to toss it out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Well miller is the only option, really. If you're scum and almost killed you know that you'll probably draw an investigation from the cop (which while you didn't pick him, J did) which will turn out as scum. If you claimed something else you could try to claim there was some sort of redirection or framer the next day, but we'd definitely kill you to find out. Miller is really the only choice to try to survive more than just to the next day.

That's how I see it, anyway. It's why I think miller is bad to claim at any point beyond when first coming into the game when there's absolutely no suspicion on you. Any other time and I'm more likely to think you are scum trying to discredit the cop's investigation.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

I think that even if he isn't his softball team's MVP in fact, he is in spirit.

He's basically soft claiming a defensive role, and openly claiming... wizard? Which is something utterly without context in regards to this game, as both sides are wizards. I mean, double doctors would explain the relative absence of night kills thus far. So I'm not willing to toss it out.

Wrong claim, try again.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Wrong claim, try again.

I legit missed that post.

Keane as vanilla is possible. I'm inclined to believe him.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

One of the questions we should ask is would two sane cops and a doctor be best balanced out be a miller and godfather or would 3 scum alone be enough.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

One of the questions we should ask is would two sane cops and a doctor be best balanced out be a miller and godfather or would 3 scum alone be enough.

Well, you know my answer. And my flip would provide the proof you need. We just have to hope that the scum don't have a double kill, otherwise we're straight up in LYLO.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!

I think 3 scum would balance it really. That could be D2 LYLO easily before the cops even know they're sane.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

What about Asiina? She's implied she's not vanilla, if she was a town power role that would make the miller godfather thing more likely

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also can somebody analyze mills and try to figure out who he may have targeted to heal because a successful doctoring is basically a town read on somebody. I cannot do this as I am on mobile.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

What about Asiina? She's implied she's not vanilla, if she was a town power role that would make the miller godfather thing more likely

Asiina's role is something that I'm still cogitating. I don't really know what's what. If she were scum, then claiming vanilla would be a relatively easy thing to do in a game without trackers/watchers/rolecops. As it is... I suppose it's a more town thing to hide her role. And she has been at least appearing to hunt scum, even if she hasn't been successful.

Have I mentioned that I'm bad at Mafia?

Also can somebody analyze mills and try to figure out who he may have targeted to heal because a successful doctoring is basically a town read on somebody. I cannot do this as I am on mobile.

I'm looking over the game now, and it's a bit hard to pick up who Mills would have chosen. I wouldn't mind having another pair of eyes on this, though. I think it's a useful line of inquiry.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm pretty sure that Mills didn't protect Asiina N1. At the start of D2, he claims that she's scum.

No idea who he would protected N2. D2 was a weird day. If he had the ability to self protect, maybe he did so N2?

On D3, MMM claimed cop, so it seems logical that Mills would protect him.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

A note, I have family over tonight for dinner, and I've been awake for about twenty four hours already. I don't think I'll be around much after they leave, so I'm going to have to leave things in other people's hands.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

Jefepato posted:

Dammit, I'm actually stuck working again today. I will try to phonepost if I can't make it home in time (I probably can though because my employer is dumb and doesn't know how simple the assignment is).

More work to do than I thought. When's our actual deadline?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Assuming one scum left, it's gotta be tomorrow at the latest just in case we're wrong to still have enough time for a night cycle and another day before I leave.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Assuming one scum left, it's gotta be tomorrow at the latest just in case we're wrong to still have enough time for a night cycle and another day before I leave.

When do you leave?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Middle of the day Wednesday.

Really the deadline should be tonight to be sure we have time but not sure how fair that is or if even possible if people aren't around.

I'm leaning Meinberg more than Keane right now, but it is by a pretty small margin, which is scary at this point in the game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello everybody I am now fresh as a daisy and Meinberg is still scum.

##vote Meinberg

Weeeeeee

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hey guys, I am fading fast, but I have some time if anyone is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

Middle of the day Wednesday.

Really the deadline should be tonight to be sure we have time but not sure how fair that is or if even possible if people aren't around.

I'm leaning Meinberg more than Keane right now, but it is by a pretty small margin, which is scary at this point in the game.

The deadline is totally tonight.

• Locked thread