Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
The screenshot taken for the newspaper after the backstage brawl really is mpire.jpg: A lone Goldust-esque character standing stoically on a toilet divider wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

This is the most English episode yet.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

ArchWizard posted:

This is the most English episode yet.

How so? :allears:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

The lovingly detailed description of the process of preparing some tea.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 10, 2014

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

ArchWizard posted:

The lovingly detailed description of the process of preparing some tea.

It was definitely better than a Miz match

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Few can appreciate the artistry and patience required to paint a room. It's just like fishing.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

And then when simosimo started talking about the aroma of drying paint :vince:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I had to look up The Mizz because I had no idea who that was. I tried to watch/listen to his entrance video and song but I really just wanted to punch YouTube in the throat half way through so I closed the window.

Your paint chat was very relaxing and I closed my eyes and imagined the scene while you talked. I could totally smell the paint. A++ would visualize again.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I just read a great article on exploitation in the wrestling industry.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/08/money-in-the-bank/

So hey, turns out that the 'get your win rate to 79%' is an extraordinarily gentle way to loose your job.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Suspect Bucket posted:

I just read a great article on exploitation in the wrestling industry.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/08/money-in-the-bank/

So hey, turns out that the 'get your win rate to 79%' is an extraordinarily gentle way to loose your job.

That article just ruined my day. :smith: People are lovely, sometimes.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
http://youtu.be/duUZYBHLdOM

Liam neeson returns!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
In honor of this unprecedented turn of events, a new crowd sign, in two terrible flavors!

Let's hope he migrates with, and rejoins Larry, to provide the camaraderie and managerial skills we need to survive in the dog eat dick fed that is UK Wrestling.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 25, 2014

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

In honor of this unprecedented turn of events, a new crowd sign, in two terrible flavors!

Let's hope he migrates with, and rejoins Larry, to provide the camaraderie and managerial skills we need to survive in the dog eat dick fed that is UK Wrestling.

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Popped for the signs

I posted the YouTube link in the last post in my phone - pretty sure it didn't do the usual YouTube embed whoops!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk-0tSZBFkY

WR:3D looking tantalising!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Springboard corner grapples? Pretty sure that no WWE game has done that before.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

simosimo posted:

WR:3D looking tantalising!
Imagine your joy at being donkey-kicked off the corner.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
It looks like it's running at like 10 fps though. That's sad.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

It's weird seeing the Dickie grafix(tm), and the Dickie phyzix(tm), with almost human proportions. Also, from the look of things, not even canned animations will save you from patented break-out-of-anything-you-do or reversals now. These brawls are going to be hella chaotic.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EMY3xMzmTI

Deep throat gets a gimmick change, a new manager and a new toy. Change is abound in UK Wrestling! Fabulous!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

simosimo posted:

Deep throat gets a gimmick change, a new manager and a new toy. Change is abound in UK Wrestling! Fabulous!

You're a prince among men for continuing the saga of Larry. Laz shilling for the hot new product "brick" made me smile.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Pvt.Scott posted:

You're a prince among men for continuing the saga of Larry. Laz shilling for the hot new product "brick" made me smile.

Got to keep up the fight! I'm sort of relieved UK Wrestling has more familiar faces, I thought the game world was doomed to be filled with random-gen guys but it seems they were mostly in Japan for whatever reason.:|

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

simosimo posted:

Little bald dude in the first match is actually "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. From what I recall, Justin Credible doesn't get a character based on him because he's Justin Credible and nobody cares.

EDIT: gently caress, I'd actually paused this to say this before you got to it. Still, pretty sure there's no Justin Credible because who cares about him.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
And here we have Sting and his Mighty Brick.

Welp, I'm sold, off to Lowes with me.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 9, 2014

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I think my favorite bit is at the very beginning of the video. The match is in an empty arena an the one dude says " can you hear that? That's the sound of 0 people telling you to change!" Or something like that. loving beautiful.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I'm thinking of doing some more videos, but not sure what - I enjoy creating content, would you guys like to see what goes into make a wrestling promotion logo/branding? Just trying to think up ideas that aren't game reviews (which everyone else does, and probably better). Something that lends to my presentation style (laid back, 'there with you' videos).

Now that i'm blue yeti'd up I can go down a more professional style, now to give up cussing [yeh right]

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Got a double whammy here and a fairwell to this LP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU1w_TWvUEU

The final instalment of Wreslting Mpire Remix, with Wrestling Revolution 3D on the horizon, Larry is put out to pasture once and for all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKEeXwWKw-Q

Featuring all of our favourite antagonists (the ones that are still alive) in a send off to our boy.Mdickie, Boomtown, Ghetto Child, Liam Neeson & more in one ring - and it's bloody. There's no winning in this match, just bloodshed. The final send off to our Wrestling Mpire Remix career.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Bring back Steiner Swaroop!

The new Wrestling Revolution is amazing. It controlls well, its fun as hell, and its one of the best games on my phone. It works well on my samsung 4, so do b t think you need a tablet to play!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
It looks great, I personally disliked playing the 2d game on phone/tablet, it was good that he allowed onscreen buttons to be displayed but it still felt funky.

Glad to hear it's good though! Eagerly awaiting the pc demo / real release.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
THANK YOU LARRY! *clap clap clapclapclap*

Can't wait to see the next edition of Dickie insanity.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
RIP Larry. Torn from us by a series of explosions and falling over too much.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

simosimo posted:

It looks great, I personally disliked playing the 2d game on phone/tablet, it was good that he allowed onscreen buttons to be displayed but it still felt funky.

Glad to hear it's good though! Eagerly awaiting the pc demo / real release.

Wrestling Revolution 2D on PC actually controls pretty drat well. I mean, a hell of a lot better than the 3D games do.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

Good night, sweet prince. :sigh:

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

Needs More Jazz posted:

Can't be said better. Really hoping the new MDickie gets a PC release! The 2d one was fun but he stopped development on the PC side for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Well, you know, he's had a long, and varied career. I think maybe Larry has earned that fat retirement lifestyle. Heck, maybe he can make the transition into films! "Radical" Larry in "The Expendables 11."

• Locked thread