Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Chinook posted:

Isn't he? :)

He would probably rather have people that actually want to play the game and give feedback eventually checking it out than have random lurkers padding their libraries.

What a fun game. Got greenlit super fast, too.

Response has been totally awesome all around, really. We're totally gonna make at least $800!!!1 :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Played a bit just now and it's pretty cool! The look is cute without being too childish, and the writing made me chuckle. Played the first dungeon with two classes, and enjoyed it. Obviously the start is a bit basic in terms of tactical challenge, but I assume that'll ramp up eventually. Speaking of which, I got owned super hard in the second dungeon by tons of foes that poured out of random dimension doors. Couldn't really stand up to that flood. Is that normal or was it an effect of the scroll of wonders I used?

Overall I can see this as the kind of game that I play when I'm on break, or have to fill a bit of time on the side. Kinda like what Desktop Dungeons currently does for me. Usually I look more for a tactical challenge like TomE, but as said, haven't seen much of the game as of now. Also, despite having filled out the survey, here's a small bug report from me.

-My guy couldn't move anymore at the end of the tutorial. After restarting, I saw that it was because the goat had moved on top of the door while triggering the text. Afterwards it stood on the door and couldn't go through it.

-After my new slime friend told me about spending my gold, the context options for my buildings didn't work anymore. I could bring them up, but clicking on them didn't do anything. So no info, and moving town objects could only be accomplished through the actual menu. Didn't fix itself after going to a dungeon or another screen.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tin Tim posted:

Played a bit just now and it's pretty cool! The look is cute without being too childish, and the writing made me chuckle. Played the first dungeon with two classes, and enjoyed it. Obviously the start is a bit basic in terms of tactical challenge, but I assume that'll ramp up eventually. Speaking of which, I got owned super hard in the second dungeon by tons of foes that poured out of random dimension doors. Couldn't really stand up to that flood. Is that normal or was it an effect of the scroll of wonders I used?

Overall I can see this as the kind of game that I play when I'm on break, or have to fill a bit of time on the side. Kinda like what Desktop Dungeons currently does for me. Usually I look more for a tactical challenge like TomE, but as said, haven't seen much of the game as of now. Also, despite having filled out the survey, here's a small bug report from me.

-My guy couldn't move anymore at the end of the tutorial. After restarting, I saw that it was because the goat had moved on top of the door while triggering the text. Afterwards it stood on the door and couldn't go through it.

-After my new slime friend told me about spending my gold, the context options for my buildings didn't work anymore. I could bring them up, but clicking on them didn't do anything. So no info, and moving town objects could only be accomplished through the actual menu. Didn't fix itself after going to a dungeon or another screen.

Yeah, it's built to be something that plugs into the short play-session slot, not replace a campaign-length roguelike like CoQ. My elevator pitch kernel was a roguelike you could play while standing in line at Chipotle. We're going to ship on iOS and Android as well, it's just too much work to do all at once in a single release-date for us.

The flood of doors was the scroll of wonders.

Thanks for the bug reports! The town-building is vestigal, we were shooting for a true hybrid, but it was just too huge a chunk to bite off and really make fun and polished, so we scaled back focusing on the roguelike for the time being. Though we've got all the assets for an actual town builder game, so I'd like to carry through with that at some point. :)

Unormal fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 26, 2014

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I ran into a hilarious bug. I got one of the teleport-when-hit armors. Got hit and the game froze for a couple of seconds and when it started responding again, it didn't generate new terrain in unexplored areas :psyduck:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

House Louse posted:

Presumbaly not then, but you could always look at the code.

My recent Brogue discovery happened after drinking the potion of incineration I needed to enter a treasure room. There was a gas trap near some lava but when I tried to set myself on fire to burn the door down it didn't work. Then I accientally used a shattering charm and it destroyed the gate. Not sure if this is a bug, because normally shattering leaves doors, but it seems kind of cheap.

I looked at the source code, and to my layman eyes it looks like mutuality can trigger transference (It calls inflictDamage on each affected monster, and the transference code happens inside inflictDamage). And the seed catalog says that both items will show up by depth four on seed #187...

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Someday, I too hope to try Sproggiwood. It has looked neat for ages.

In the meantime, I started playing TOME and I am so bad. Have unlocked some random classes by sheer luck (summoner/archmage/cursed), and I've had a bit more luck with those (except archmage because I have no hitpoints). Had a weird experience my last game as all the dungeons were different (troll was full of water, that bear was an ice bear corpse) and harder and killed my beloved dwarf cursed. How do I suck less / get cool dudes

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Unormal posted:

Yeah, it's built to be something that plugs into the short play-session slot, not replace a campaign-length roguelike like CoQ. My elevator pitch kernel was a roguelike you could play while standing in line at Chipotle. We're going to ship on iOS and Android as well, it's just too much work to do all at once in a single release-date for us.
Cool, I think you got that angle nicely covered as it hit me that way right from the start. Oh, and town building would be neat eventually, but it's understandable why you'd push that back for now. Since I already mentioned Desktop Dungeons, I can also say that I enjoyed the limited town building you could do in that game. I guess it's just another facet of the progress cycle that I like in rogue/adventure games.

Bobo the Red posted:

In the meantime, I started playing TOME and I am so bad. Have unlocked some random classes by sheer luck (summoner/archmage/cursed), and I've had a bit more luck with those (except archmage because I have no hitpoints). Had a weird experience my last game as all the dungeons were different (troll was full of water, that bear was an ice bear corpse) and harder and killed my beloved dwarf cursed. How do I suck less / get cool dudes
Tome is vile and wants you to die. All is :qq:

Jk, it's not too bad when you get more familiar with it. A general starter tip is to visit a town after you get out of your first dungeon, and look for a decent regen infusion. You basically want to have a decent regen(which is better than insta heal imo), an escape option(movement infusion, controlled teleport rune or a shield rune to tank while you flee), and a wild infusion for physical effects(magic is good too, but more situational). Some classes can cover that with skills though, so experiment. A Wyrmic can have two regen infusions going back to back 24/7 with the right skills and get movement power from a talent for instance. Then it's a process of trial and error with the class that you enjoy. You really need to read all the skills and figure out what works and what doesn't. Also, don't get in over your head in combat and always stay on your toes. The number one causes of death are getting swarmed, not paying attention to status effects, using your heal too late, or meeting a champion type monster with skills that you don't understand. There is a Tome thread on the forums, swing by and lots of people will give you specific tips. Oh, and the different dungeons are alternate version that randomly get chosen at the start of a new game.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 26, 2014

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
The #1 secret tome doesn't want you to know is that you need very little +damage stats/skills to progress. Focus on defensive stuff and the game is alot easier, just put enough into your mainstat to level up skills and pour the rest into con.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Except when you meet a runed bone giant that heals up to 100% every few turns and pops a big shield when it gets down to low hp. Let's see your defense handle that :ohdear:

But yes, not leveling con enough is also a huge cause of death. Even mages need a little bit of it every few levels, or you'll just get nuked by ranged monsters. And it's debateable if it's better to focus on offense or defense, and hugely depends on the class that you play. Burning through enemies with huge and fast spikes while also being sorta frail is fun and works.

vvvv
Oh right, I forgot about that. God, runed bone giants are such bullshit. At least they're rare and don't do too much damage, but drat, every fight with them is memorable. Though they only get up again once, and you could stair scum to recover after taking away their first live. At least iirc.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 26, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tin Tim posted:

Except when you meet a runed bone giant that heals up to 100% every few turns and pops a big shield when it gets down to low hp. Let's see your defense handle that :ohdear:

But yes, not leveling con enough is also a huge cause of death. Even mages need a little bit of it every few levels, or you'll just get nuked by ranged monsters. And it's debateable if it's better to focus on offense or defense, and hugely depends on the class that you play. Burning through enemies with huge and fast spikes while also being sorta frail is fun and works.

And then when you finally kill it it resurrects itself at max HP again.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Bobo the Red posted:

Had a weird experience my last game as all the dungeons were different (troll was full of water, that bear was an ice bear corpse) and harder and killed my beloved dwarf cursed.

In addition to what others are saying, bear in mind that Cursed can have a bit of a rougher start than other classes unless it's been significantly changed very recently. Cornac Cursed is a great combo for learning the game since you can just pile points into Rampage and not fret over generic points because gently caress racials I'm putting all my points in Kill Fuckers Harder (don't invest in cursed aura; you can put points in it much later on if you want but you have far better things to invest in for the first chunk of the game).

Rampage is goddamn ridiculous. Get Rampage and just go around smacking things until they hit you back and make you Super Mad, then freak out and zoom around at the speed of sound. Don't activate it yourself unless you need to use it to escape and rest.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Can you still stack movement speed up to insane values? The only cursed character took as much speed boosting stuff as he could, which basically meant time was stopped whenever he wasn't meleeing something. Could run from one end of charred scar to the other in like 20 turns, and most of that was waiting for the movement infusion to recharge, iirc.

What makes it all possible is the way speed bonuses stack multiplicatively.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

EvilMike posted:

Can you still stack movement speed up to insane values? The only cursed character took as much speed boosting stuff as he could, which basically meant time was stopped whenever he wasn't meleeing something. Could run from one end of charred scar to the other in like 20 turns, and most of that was waiting for the movement infusion to recharge, iirc.

What makes it all possible is the way speed bonuses stack multiplicatively.

The speed bonuses from rampage and movement infusions were changed to be additive. No more moving 30 spaces in a single turn.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Thanks for advice! Cursed does seem a little weak early but it's so appealing to walk around cursing everything and hurting dudes with your emo aura

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Man, ally builds in brogue are a PITA. There's always a threat that your main damage source will blunder into a poison gas trap, decide to run away into a dead end, and then die unavoidably. Or they charge headfirst into a room full of enemies and you can't run in to save them without getting killed...

The worst part is that it feels like you're losing out because of the dumb AI and not a mistake on your part.

e: No, the worst part is that the ally system is actually really cool and interesting, with the possibility for them to learn cool new abilities from enemies. I want to play with this system, but there's just so much "RNG says your friends all die".

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 26, 2014

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

e: No, the worst part is that the ally system is actually really cool and interesting, with the possibility for them to learn cool new abilities from enemies. I want to play with this system, but there's just so much "RNG says your friends all die".

It's this. I get the sense that the dev is trying rein in allies because if you controlled them directly, they'd be too powerful I guess, but even that would be better than the unreliable state they are currently in. I assume it will evolve a bit more. Being able to give vague orders, even just a "stay" command that works for 5-15 turns, would be a game changer.

e: Hell, add a whistle as equipment, and make it only work if you use a Wand of Empowerment on a creature first. Using the whistle alternately makes the creature stay put temporarily and come to you. But it also works as a short-range aggravate. Something, anything to make allies fun again.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 27, 2014

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

Look, I'm startin' to believe some of the stuff the cult guy's been saying, it's starting to make a lot of sense.

Unormal posted:

Response has been totally awesome all around, really. We're totally gonna make at least $800!!!1 :gonk:

Hey well 15 of those came from me and I'm still looking for my key, sir. Ahem ahem. Ahem.

In other news, which might be funny for other devs, I pushed a new dmans build today and left some of the new monster powers I was testing for Mountain Scrobolds (level 7 or so) on the starter cave scrobolds, which I often use as test dummies. Characters fresh out of the Academy with 30 health tops were getting one-shot for 250% of their health from six tiles away in the Dungeonmans version of the puppy cave. Funny, but a lovely first impression for new users-- though veteran players told me they were surprised but thought it was part of the game. What am I doing to these people.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

madjackmcmad posted:

veteran players told me they were surprised but thought it was part of the game. What am I doing to these people.
Roguelike.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

madjackmcmad posted:

Hey well 15 of those came from me and I'm still looking for my key, sir. Ahem ahem. Ahem.

drat, could of sword I sent you one awhile ago. Check yer e-mail!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Sproggiwood trip report, copy-pasted from a notepad stream-of-consciousness:

I should be able to hit a button to advance the text at the very start of the tutorial
The tutorial freezing on the door thing happened to me too
The hero upgrade menu always scrolls back to top when you buy something that's not on the default screen and also has no visible scroll arrow
I want to hold a direction key to move more than once
Maybe fullscreen shouldn't be the default graphic setting
I changed my "compass" setting and the minimap went away and I can't find the key to make it come back (but it came back when I went down the stairs)
Beat big ick, got the mushroom cutscene and... nothing happened? I assume that's functioning as intended. But not even a quest reward!
Fire should clear away piles of leaves, because I expect it to do that
I don't know how to check what my powers do after using an identity crisis potion, except by leveling up
I'd like to be able to trade places with my summoned Yeti rather than attack him if I move "into" him
Two water puddles on the same ice square (from killing one jelly and then waiting to have another walking on top of him) should both get cleared in one walk over maybe?
Vampiric Pitchfork heals "upon dealing damage", Pitchfork of the Wisp King heals "on attack", is there a difference? Does one proc twice off Magic Missile or something?
Does Dervish really "do some stuff"? It certainly has effective range a million, because it seems to do the same thing a million squares away
The coins-number-scrolling-upward sound is REALLY annoying when you go beyond, like, ten at a time.
I like the music, but it never starts when I go to a new floor, what triggers it and why can't it be more common?
I don't like the minimap. It feels cramped, but I don't think it's a function of physical size. The walls look thick, the stairs are just a pink splotch, nothing else really shows with the notable exception of shrines (even after I've already used them, which is weird, is there a shrine restock or something?)

Glacial Maze froze when I took the stairs down from "Surma's Lament", which I assume is because that's supposed to be a boss or something? Then I came here to post that.

And now I'll go do the survey.

e: Forgot a big one. I didn't realize the "Shop" button in town was to buy things for my character and not, like, more houses to build in the town or something. That was a big one. Could that go on the world map instead? I know that's weird and sort of doesn't mesh with there being a town, but it's where I subconsciously expect it to be.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 27, 2014

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Sproggiwood trip report, copy-pasted from a notepad stream-of-consciousness:

I should be able to hit a button to advance the text at the very start of the tutorial
The tutorial freezing on the door thing happened to me too
The hero upgrade menu always scrolls back to top when you buy something that's not on thee decault screen and also has no visible scroll arrow
I want to hold a direction key to move more than once
Maybe fullscreen shouldn't be the default graphic setting
I changed my "compass" setting and the minimap went away and I can't find the key to make it come back (but it came back when I went down the stairs)
Beat big ick, got the mushroom cutscene and... nothing happened? I assume that's functioning as intended. But not even a quest reward!
Fire should clear away piles of leaves, because I expect it to do that
I don't know how to check what my powers do after using an identity crisis potion, except by leveling up
I'd like to be able to trade places with my summoned Yeti rather than attack him if I move "into" him
Two water puddles on the same ice square (from killing one jelly and then waiting to have another walking on top of him) should both get cleared in one walk over maybe?
Vampiric Pitchfork heals "upon dealing damage", Pitchfork of the Wisp King heals "on attack", is there a difference? Does one proc twice off Magic Missile or something?
Does Dervish really "do some stuff"? It certainly has effective range a million, because it seems to do the same thing a million squares away
The coins-number-scrolling-upward sound is REALLY annoying when you go beyond, like, ten at a time.
I like the music, but it never starts when I go to a new floor, what triggers it and why can't it be more common?
I don't like the minimap. It feels cramped, but I don't think it's a function of physical size. The walls look thick, the stairs are just a pink splotch, nothing else really shows with the notable exception of shrines (even after I've already used them, which is weird, is there a shrine restock or something?)

Glacial Maze froze when I took the stairs down from "Surma's Lament", which I assume is because that's supposed to be a boss or something? Then I came here to post that.

And now I'll go do the survey.

Good stuff, thank you!

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I want in on this sproggiwood beta. Open beta soon?

pinacotheca
Oct 19, 2012

Events cast shadows before them, but the huger shadows creep over us unseen.

madjackmcmad posted:

Yeah, it would be great if people who preordered also got beta keys through their Humble Bundle page (or whatever). No big deal if it's a hassle, though.

Even a release date would be nice :(

E: Of course, I go and check my email for the first time today, and sitting in there is a beta key sent to me a full eight hours before I even posted this. Thanks, Unormal! :)

pinacotheca fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Aug 27, 2014

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

Look, I'm startin' to believe some of the stuff the cult guy's been saying, it's starting to make a lot of sense.

pinacotheca posted:

Yeah, it would be great if people who preordered also got beta keys through their Humble Bundle page (or whatever). No big deal if it's a hassle, though.

E: Of course, I go and check my email for the first time today, and sitting in there is a beta key sent to me a full eight hours before I even posted this. Thanks, Unormal! :)

I was taken care of, it was an oversight. I've oversaught plenty of Dungeonmans keys, it happens :)

quote:

Even a release date would be nice :(

That's the last thing anyone wants to give out.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I recently bought a smart phone and there seem to be a lot of cheap roguelikes for Android. Are there any worth playing?

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Jackard posted:

I recently bought a smart phone and there seem to be a lot of cheap roguelikes for Android. Are there any worth playing?

Pixel dungeon is where its at.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Jackard posted:

Addendum: not Nethack. I prefer games like Brogue.

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Pixel dungeon is where its at.
Thanks I'll take a look.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
BrogueX is a good brogue port but it hasn't updated to 1.7.4 yet. Personally I would just play that over any of the dedicated offerings. There is also a multi-angband port that includes sil, but I haven't had time to really try it out.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Jackard posted:

Hoplite and Pixel Dungeon are both fantastic.

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

I got a macbook, finally, so I can start looking into the big scary world of iOS dev. Are there any mac-only RL (or even just crunchy RPG) experiences I can now taste the sweet fruits of? I will certainly install brogue.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Jeffrey posted:

BrogueX is a good brogue port but it hasn't updated to 1.7.4 yet. Personally I would just play that over any of the dedicated offerings. There is also a multi-angband port that includes sil, but I haven't had time to really try it out.

The sil port is out of date and the controls are garbage. There are some dedicated players on the angband forums but i don't know how they put up with it.

POWDER is available for android though, the interface is not as slick as pixel dungeon but i think it's a better game.

madjackmcmad posted:

I got a macbook, finally, so I can start looking into the big scary world of iOS dev. Are there any mac-only RL (or even just crunchy RPG) experiences I can now taste the sweet fruits of? I will certainly install brogue.

I've been gaming on OS X platforms for 9 years now and i don't have a single mac-only game installed. I think even EV Nova has a windows port.

Edit: a few years ago the other answer would have been the spiderweb software games but that's not true anymore either

andrew smash fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 28, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Jeffrey posted:

I picked this up and it feels like they put the bare minimum amount of effort into porting it. You have to zoom in on parts of the screen to see what's going on and the hud becomes obscured. Also I can't find the inventory buttons?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

uPen posted:

Hoplite and Pixel Dungeon are both fantastic.

I'd just thought I'd point out that you can get Hoplite for iOS now. No Pixel Dungeon though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I got my first Brogue ascension!

Whips of Quietus are probably the strongest weapons in the game. The range means you can get 5 hits on anything (and thus 5 attempts to trigger the instadeath effect of Quietus) before it can respond. It probably helps that I took mine to +12 and had a bit over 50% proc chance.

Whips are also probably the best weapon for exploiting enemies' pathing. Groups of enemies hang out by doorways instead of marching to their death in a 1-tile corridor, but whips can still hit them when they thin they're safe. Centaurs will run out of melee range so they can shoot you with their bows, but they'll happily stand one tile away while you whip them to death.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

About Sproggiwood:

Bugs:
Warrior's Dervish skill landed me in same spot as a mob, had to move away before I could smash it.
Spencer repeats 10000 years ago story, not sure if this was intentional though.
Ice cube from frost trap sometimes sticks around, can walk through it.
Red slime sticking in the smoking animation before blowing up, blocking the path.
Probably intentional since it's early but clicking all of the class buildings just brings up the stats purchasing menu (buy more health, alchemist upgrade etc.)
Level up and death at same time crashed game.
I need to check if you can still receive exp when the level up button is hovering onscreen.

Suggesions:
Maybe I missed it but is there a keyboard shortcut to access the level up button and other generic "ok" buttons?
Warrior's Shield Wall is too good, especially once it reflects damage at level 2. It's a get out of jail card since if you get surrounded by baddies you can wail on them for free. Reminds me of the Globe of Invulnerability mages had back in the old Angband days.

I'll get more out to you as I play.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Jackard posted:

I picked this up and it feels like they put the bare minimum amount of effort into porting it. You have to zoom in on parts of the screen to see what's going on and the hud becomes obscured. Also I can't find the inventory buttons?

It looks okay at my phone's resolution, I can see stuff okay without zooming. The inventory button is right next to the menu button, then you tap up and down like you were moving to scroll through it. It's definitely not a ui remake or anything, but it gets the job done for me. The only thing that really bothers me is the imprecise selection for fast travel. They had me at "play brogue on my phone" honestly, I wasn't looking for much more than that. None of the other phone roguelikes I have played are as good as brogue in my opinion, so it's my go to. For what it's worth, before I found it, I was sshing to a crawl server to play that on my phone, it was a big step up from that. Sorry if you feel misled by my recommendation. :(

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jackard posted:

What phone are you using with it?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

What phone are you using with it?
LG G Vista

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jackard posted:

LG G Vista

Ah, there's your problem. Brogue's "text" display is actually a set of custom tile bitmaps and it doesn't scale properly below a certain resolution, and the 1280x720 (minus room for the OS buttons on screen) res of your phone is loving with it. So you end up with it defaulting to a poor quality scrolling/shrinking mode. And this is especially annoying to deal with on a phone since you don't have a keyboard handy to use to move around when you have trouble using touch!

Similar annoyances happen on desktops with the resolution "too low", that wouldn't happen if it was using real scalable text and applying the effects over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

You actually can toggle the keyboard on if you want, it's in the options. (Or is it the settings? For some reason you open a menu and choose between options and settings...)