Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Saltybet would be better if it was everyone vs. everyone in random matches again instead of this tier crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

Kikka posted:

Saltybet would be better if it was everyone vs. everyone in random matches again instead of this tier crap.

I agree. I think it was necessary back when SB was popular to help prevent whaling, but now that it's dwindled it's perhaps not so necessary.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Tonfa posted:

Hating Googoo64 is hating fun. Pure embodiments of :wtc: that glitch out in amazing fashion are far more interesting than generic fightyman/girl #375, or loving Doge.

Doge is a googoo knockoff with no self-awareness.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm surprised no one has mentioned loving Boshy, that thing is unbeatable just because.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92OAkw3kOI0

Favourite matches tho

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
One of my favorite matches is probably lost to the sands of time, but Sandman vs. Future Trunks from months ago was incredible.

Discussion in this thread starts here. Future Trunks had absurd broken HP and OHKO's with regular attacks. Its only weakness is that its AI is pants-oh-head retarded, like most DBZs. It spent most of its time charging and rarely blocked. Sandman was an awesome character with good AI and an incredible record and had recently established a reputation as one of the best bets. The odds were 404:1 in Sandman's favor, but Future Trunks OHKOs him early on in the first two rounds. Lots and lots of people were about to go to the salt mines, and a few people were about to become very rich. But then Sandman turns the tables and doesn't get hit once in the next three rounds, moving and blocking perfectly and largely preventing Future Trunks from moving. The dream was crushed as Sandman won 3 in a row to come back from 0-2.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Are there any updated greasemonkey scripts that make the video larger in the window? There's just so much wasted space, what with the huge chat box and the huge betters tab and the giant BET buttons.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
Can somebody explain what exactly this new palette thing is? I don't understand what it is or how it works at all.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Has anyone else been ultimate scammed by a scamming character? Sometime last month Scamming Vader (a googoo64, of course) scammed his way into winning one round and causing a tie on two others...well apparently if you win via a tie there's no payout. I would've won 5k and put myself dangerously close to my personal goal of 10k without illuminati :smith:

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
Basically now the RNG will also select a palette when they select the character, whereas it always used to pick the same one. Technically, that's all it should change, however there is a long tradition in mugen to have the palette determine the quality of the AI, and sometimes even hiding whole new modes and characters when you choose a specific palette.

So basically it's another potential layer of 'random factor'.

horsegirl95
Nov 21, 2013
Giru vs Guts tournament glitched out last night and kept repeating the final match. Rags to riches.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm enjoying the new tourney format even though it kind of upended my personal goal of getting to 10k with no fuckery. I suppose the fact that I never got there before the change means I failed, but I guess now I can work towards 100k.

I also had the dumb idea of setting the SB twitter account to give me notifications when it posts so I can get in on tourney's when I'm home but 95% of them happen while I'm not at home or busy so it mostly just makes me sad. Other things that make me sad: watching Anakaris lose to Mahvel Ryu in a match that was realer than it should've been, which was later redeemed by Mahvel Ryu activating his anti-bullshit button against the Spinning Waifu in the final match.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Is this a new new tourney format, or the same new "random bullshit every few hours" tourney format we've had since the site basically lost what little human touch it had left?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
They're still random but depending on how long you've been out you may have missed that whenever a tourney starts everyone is temporarily reset to a 1000 dollar bailout to use for the tourney and you keep whatever you won.

I won like 20k yesterday just doing okay in the one of them.

And idk, I'd gladly keep proper tiers and regular tourney's in exchange for even Salty's great taste in matches and spectacle. My fav SB memories are from the curated tourneys but goddamn is it so much more fun to be able to see real matches all day and watch a tourney on other nights. He should really still be doing theme tourney's on wednesdays though. And gently caress new exhibition.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 26, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Man, the viewer numbers have divebombed harder than anything I've ever seen.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Endorph posted:

Fish plays Street Fighter and TPP has stolen the thunder of saltybet, I think.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Endorph posted:

Saltybet has recovered a little as of late, it was down in the 200-300 range for a while there.

mabels big day posted:

Also it's less interesting now that everything is figured out. Things were a lot cooler when nobody knew anything about any of the characters and there weren't tiers. Short of axing all the existing characters and downloading an entirely new and unknown roster, Saltybet will never even come close to generating as much interest as it had for the first couple months.

I still watch it a few times a week for a while and bet anyway.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

There desperately needs to be a saltybet mumble. There are plenty of slots open on general use gaming mumbles that goons use for marvel heroes and stuff, could we agree on a channel to meet up on to spectate this terrible terrible thing?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bobnumerotres posted:

There desperately needs to be a saltybet mumble. There are plenty of slots open on general use gaming mumbles that goons use for marvel heroes and stuff, could we agree on a channel to meet up on to spectate this terrible terrible thing?

The IRC channel is still there but nearly nobody talks.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

I checked it out for the first time in months and the magic's just gone. I watched it when I was doing work and I only saw one amusing match where a Luke Skywalker had movie clips play on half his attacks.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Cubey posted:

Saltybet has recovered a little as of late, it was down in the 200-300 range for a while there.

Also it's less interesting now that everything is figured out. Things were a lot cooler when nobody knew anything about any of the characters and there weren't tiers. Short of axing all the existing characters and downloading an entirely new and unknown roster, Saltybet will never even come close to generating as much interest as it had for the first couple months.

I still watch it a few times a week for a while and bet anyway.

I think it would be interesting to wipe the slate and bring in new packs of characters as 'seasons', because you could do a lot of interesting stuff with that but the whole model of just dump it all in means everything gets stale faster and the gimmicks never get washed out.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mabels big day posted:

I recently saw TPP's way of doing the Pokemon Stadium like Saltybet thing, and it is honestly a lot more engaging and cool. What with it displaying all the bets on screen, plus a comment when donated. Then after the match it scrolls through the people and a comment from them will pop up next to their name when it scrolls by.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Having just come back to SB a month or so ago, I'm amazed that the betting system is still as half-assed as before. Like even now, over a year later, poo poo won't refresh half the time, bets still don't go through sometimes, and just today it refused to let me bet higher than bailout without hard refreshing.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
nm

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
BECOME LEGEND

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread